Realistic things that you've never seen in your game.

Yeah, I've never seen a game abandoned for bad weather, only for clashing with other fixtures.

very true and IRL conference matches and below are often abandoned or postponed due to poor pitch conditions or waterlogging etc

Player sliding at the touchline or byline to keep the ball in play with an uncontrolled touch rather than conceding a throw/kick.

Two players injured by colliding with each other in pursuit of a 50-50 ball.

Two players injured by knocking heads in pursuit of an aerial ball.

Commentary indicating what part of the player's body is injured.

Commentary describing a poor first touch.

Commentary indicating that a player fell down. (Visible in 2-D pitch, but not mentioned.)

Goalkeeper handling in the box after a controlled backpass from a teammate.

Player signalling for a sub due to tremendous fatigue.

Player with an orange injury trying to play, but having to give up in the first half.

Controvery about whether a players' injury is serious enough to keep him off the national team or not.

I thought it might interesting to ask people what things happen in real life football that they've never seen in their game. I imagine there's probably heaps, seeing as SI can't incorporate absolutely everything. So, if possible, let's try and keep it to things that you might expect to be in the game, but that you've never witnessed.

In my game, now three-and-a-half in-game seasons old, I've never once seen one of my goalkeepers get booked, sent-off, or injured in a match. Or any of the goalkeepers I've come against.

It does happen .. my goalkeeper was sent off and conceded a penalty. Unfortunatly I used up all three of my subs and had to put Daniel Agger in goal and lost summut like 5 - 1 Lol..!!

Yeah, I've never seen a game abandoned for bad weather, only for clashing with other fixtures.
Handball

Oh and it would be great to see a streaker - a pink circle with S for streaker. Or F or M for male & female streakers.

what a ridiculous suggestion. why would anyone suggest adding a streaker to the game?:D:rolleyes:

ive never seen one of my players go to prison for knocking about a 16 year kid in manc,or getting papped by a daily rag spit roasting.

funny enough i've never seen that on a football pitch IRL let alone on FM

ive never seen one of my players go to prison for knocking about a 16 year kid in manc,or getting papped by a daily rag spit roasting.
Sorry but I don't understand that. Would you mind explaining a little further please.

ill try for him because i get what he means. his wales team have shot up from (example) 60 in the world to 8th in the world on the fifa world rankings. however when a cup draw takes place, you have seeds right which determine at what level you enter a group in the draw. what he is saying is that even though his wales team have shot up in the world rankings, he is still a bottom seed (drawn out first/"lowest/worst" team) in thier group. is that clearer?:thup::thdn:

what a ridiculous suggestion. why would anyone suggest adding a streaker to the game?:D:rolleyes:

More importantly, what would a streaker blob even look like? Would it be anatomically correct (you know what I mean)?

Mine:

I never see two players on my team on a breakaway so that one can pass to the other one who, in turn, can shoot into an empty net. I don't know why it just never seems to happen even though it does all the time in real life.

in fact scott you made me think, i hardly ever see one on ones with the keeper what so ever. either a defender catches up with the striker or the striker makes a stupid pass....i think its my tactics though.

ill try for him because i get what he means. his wales team have shot up from (example) 60 in the world to 8th in the world on the fifa world rankings. however when a cup draw takes place, you have seeds right which determine at what level you enter a group in the draw. what he is saying is that even though his wales team have shot up in the world rankings, he is still a bottom seed (drawn out first/"lowest/worst" team) in thier group. is that clearer?:thup::thdn:

Yeah, now I get him. Thanks.

Does sound a bit wrong. I haven't managed an International team since about FM06 though so I'm not really "au fait" with how it works, but what is the points in the ranking system if it isn't used to calculate who is seeded where?

A goalkeeper make a genuine effort to save a penalty. Mine always stays precisely still while the ball is sent into the corner.

i know what you mean. the goalie either makes an effort and its saved, or he moves a tiny bit and it goes in

i've never seen a stepover mentioned in the commentary, and given everyone's doing it now they should implement that, players like ronaldo, robinho, mancini, etc could have a ppm for it

i expect a realistic view on football. i want pitch invasions when i get southend promoted on the last game of the seeson at roots hall! is that too much to ask.

I don't see whats the problem with this...even if its just a reference in the inbox after the game in the celebratory messages that you get flooded with. ie "Southend Utd fans invaded the pitch after the final whistle, joyously celebrating their sides return to the X Division after an absense of X years"

i know what you mean. the goalie either makes an effort and its saved, or he moves a tiny bit and it goes in

i've never seen a stepover mentioned in the commentary, and given everyone's doing it now they should implement that, players like ronaldo, robinho, mancini, etc could have a ppm for it

I've seen decent saves from pen kicks, (both for and against me).

I don't see whats the problem with this...even if its just a reference in the inbox after the game in the celebratory messages that you get flooded with. ie "Southend Utd fans invaded the pitch after the final whistle, joyously celebrating their sides return to the X Division after an absense of X years"

As a news item in an inbox, it's fine. But I wouldn't want to actually see it in 2D view with loads of dots running onto the pitch. It would look silly. But as a news item it's a good idea.

I've never had my own goalkeeper sent off but have seen an opposing keeper shown red after my CF streaked into the box to be wiped out.

I get fed up with the number of penalties given against me when players are jostling in the box and the ball is nowhere near them.

I remember on older versions I had games called off due to weather but not on 08. Would add to the realism of managing lower league clubs.

in fact scott you made me think, i hardly ever see one on ones with the keeper what so ever. either a defender catches up with the striker or the striker makes a stupid pass....i think its my tactics though.

Or the striker just keeps running to the line and strays away from the goal

"What the hell are you doing! Shoot already!"

A straight red card for an elbow! It's always yellow, and has been wrong like that for several versions of the game. Ridiculous!

not always, i've had a couple sent off this season for it

I woudl liek to see Ground Share pitches suffer and be mentioned in the media such as Wigan and Reading who share with Rugby clubs and whos pitches by feb/march are near on unplayable!

Our pitch is half synthetic, it's fine. We had a match called off once because the pitch was waterlogged, but that was because it had been raining for about a week. ;)

Anyway:

Penalties being retaken because the keeper came off his line.

Penalties retaken because the taker staggered or something.

Corners going straight in.

Defenders being sent off for handball- I've seen bookings, but not reds.

Managers being sent off- difficult to do, maybe just for regen managers?

Staff walking around in their technical area.

Ball people around the pitch, rather than the ball just floating back to the keeper.

A right winger hitting the ball to the left of the full back, then running around the other way, going off the pitch in the process. And vice versa.

Overhit corners.

There aren't enough overhead kicks- there seems to be one every 300 matches or so but in reality it's one in twenty or less. They don't have to be scored.

Strikers receiving the ball on the chest, and then doing an Adebayor-esque turn and volley into the top corner. At lower levels this could be scuffed a lot.

There aren't enough overhead kicks- there seems to be one every 300 matches or so but in reality it's one in twenty or less. They don't have to be scored.

Agree with everything you said apart from this. My players try at least 1 overhead kick a game, normally 2-3 so i know you'll hate to hear this but it's probably your tactics, ie target man supply, etc

Agree with everything you said apart from this. My players try at least 1 overhead kick a game, normally 2-3 so i know you'll hate to hear this but it's probably your tactics, ie target man supply, etc

No, overhead kick is a PPM. If he has that PPM with high finishing, agility etc he might score, but if he has that PPM with poor attributes he's balloon the ball over every time.

Archived