Total lack of interest of other clubs in my players

Lack of interest from others clubs in your players?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Lack of interest from others clubs in your players?

• What the hell are you talking about? My team is getting dismantled as we speak
    • I agree totally. No one is interested in my gems
    • Meh, i get the occasional bids from other clubs
    • The only way i sell them is by offering them to other clubs

I'm a fanatic FM player for more than 10 years and i still love to play FM13 very much due to increased difficulty, but there is one of the few things that very much annoys me to bits about this FM:

Lack of interest from other clubs in my players...

You see, i've started off playing this FM with choosing Fenerbahce like i always do with previous FMs and i've been managing them for more than 5 years now and one thing i noticed was that no one is interested in my players, not even

after winning the Europa League or when my goalscorers bang 30+ goals every year.

In my whole Fenerbahce career, i only received 1 enquiry so far, not even casual bids or so, only 1 enquiry for Miroslav Stoch from Manchester United. He was 5 million euros market valued at the time and had a release clause of 15 million, so i replied to pay up 15 million and they accepted! (maybe putting in release clauses in the contracts might be a solution). After spending 2 years at ManU playing 2-3 games, he got sold to Barca for 8 million, dunno why (AI failure for sure).

Anyhow, remember Porto after they won the Champions League in 2005? The whole team got dismantled after that and Porto cashed in alot. I want to do that exactly with my team, but thats virtually impossible in this FM.

I don't know whats the problem, might be the league i'm playing in or are there others with the same problem as i do?

I've found that playing the game with a large database and very few active/view-only leagues can really affect selling players. I've found that loading up a small/medium database with a larger number of active leagues makes the transfer market far more competitive. Also view-only leagues "activate" most of that country's clubs so they buy players.

Not sure if most 1st/2nd tier clubs in most leagues being heavily in debt matters, but moving players on does seem more harder work this year.

I see the AI managers making the most ridiculous transfers with each other, but not with me.

Also loading more leagues and larger databases you'd expect more teams would be involved in the transfer market, which is definitely not the case.

Starting season 7 with my Saints team just shifted on Tim Krul for £12 million, Doria for £12 million, Gaston Ramirez for £32 million. All were offered to clubs above their asking price and I had a host of interested parties (about 7 or 8 clubs for each). I also just rejected a staggering £38 million bid from Spurs for Luke Shaw.

I wonder have you 'fixed' the tax bug on your saves? I know the patch fixed this but I don't think it will effect saved games, so I went out and changed the tax values using a save game editor, maybe doing this will free up some more cash for teams around europe and they will make more offers?

Starting season 7 with my Saints team just shifted on Tim Krul for £12 million, Doria for £12 million, Gaston Ramirez for £32 million. All were offered to clubs above their asking price and I had a host of interested parties (about 7 or 8 clubs for each). I also just rejected a staggering £38 million bid from Spurs for Luke Shaw.

I wonder have you 'fixed' the tax bug on your saves? I know the patch fixed this but I don't think it will effect saved games, so I went out and changed the tax values using a save game editor, maybe doing this will free up some more cash for teams around europe and they will make more offers?

I thought the latest patch fixed the tax bug on his own?

Perhaps playing in the EPL makes the difference, no ones interested in the Turkish Premier Division :(

I think the OP means he has had no spontaneous bids/enquiries for any of his players other than once. You have offered your players out, which does work I have made good value using this method too. To be honest you being Southampton, you should of been receiving enquiries for the likes of Ramirez, Ward-Prowse and Shaw (if they fufilled their potential) every year pending good performances which I am sure you had acheived. The likes of Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City etc should of been unsettling them, turning their heads, unsettling them etc. much like in real football world.

What the OP is getting at is that you shouldn't have to actively attempt to cash in on your prized assets, rather you should have to fight off intrest from bigger clubs. If you do want to sell you can get decent monies for players if you offer them out for high values.

I agree that this should be tweaked, selling players is fine providing you offer to clubs, but I too have very rarely had any significant intrest or bids on my start players when being successful. In fact I find it so easy to keep hold of players which in turn kind of makes the game easier when playing longer term saves.

This I am sure will be resolved sooner rather than later by SI, well I certainly hope so.

Is there anyone who can actually say the opposite to what the OP is saying? I bet if there was a poll it would be conclusive that this is a problem in game.

I have the exact opposite problem with Boca in my save - I have to set ridiculously high asking fees on my players in order NOT to recieve offers for them, which leads to the players themselves being worried about that (Something new to this FM). I understand that I have the most powerful team in South America AND with tons of high-quality regens I got from Boca and many foreign teams, but it gets annoying when I have to refuse Zenit's offer for one of my second-choice players FIVE times IN A SINGLE WEEK

This IS a bug.. especially since sometimes you do get tons of offers.. In my Aab (Denmark) game I've gotten LOTS of offers for players (10+ each year) and this should be normal and not a one-off..

I've also had games with other clubs where I didnt get a single offer in a couple of seasons.. something isnt right in the game..

I think the OP means he has had no spontaneous bids/enquiries for any of his players other than once. You have offered your players out, which does work I have made good value using this method too. To be honest you being Southampton, you should of been receiving enquiries for the likes of Ramirez, Ward-Prowse and Shaw (if they fufilled their potential) every year pending good performances which I am sure you had acheived. The likes of Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City etc should of been unsettling them, turning their heads, unsettling them etc. much like in real football world.

What the OP is getting at is that you shouldn't have to actively attempt to cash in on your prized assets, rather you should have to fight off intrest from bigger clubs. If you do want to sell you can get decent monies for players if you offer them out for high values.

I agree that this should be tweaked, selling players is fine providing you offer to clubs, but I too have very rarely had any significant intrest or bids on my start players when being successful. In fact I find it so easy to keep hold of players which in turn kind of makes the game easier when playing longer term saves.

This I am sure will be resolved sooner rather than later by SI, well I certainly hope so.

Is there anyone who can actually say the opposite to what the OP is saying? I bet if there was a poll it would be conclusive that this is a problem in game.

Hence why I stated my £38 million bid for Luke Shaw, had big bids for him, Ward Prowse, Ramirez, Jay Rodriguez. Had bids for Clyne pretty much every transfer window. Just had Man City offer £50 million for one of my regens. Real Madrid also offered £25 million for Oxlaide-Chamberlain which I accepted, and PSG offered £12 million for Schneiderlin which I accepted, neither were offered out.

Also after every rejected bid I'm pretty sure I have had the agent knocking on my door asking for a better contract for the player.

I thought the latest patch fixed the tax bug on his own?

Perhaps playing in the EPL makes the difference, no ones interested in the Turkish Premier Division :(

Not sure if it's affected save games as the tax rates are set at the start of the game. However even if the patch fxed it probably hasn't had a huge effect in people's save games yet. If my finances are anything to go by I was loosing a good £30 -40 million a season in extra tax, that's going to take a chunk out of any clubs budget. So it might take a few seasons for some lcubs to recover balances.

Hence why I stated my £38 million bid for Luke Shaw, had big bids for him, Ward Prowse, Ramirez, Jay Rodriguez. Had bids for Clyne pretty much every transfer window. Just had Man City offer £50 million for one of my regens. Real Madrid also offered £25 million for Oxlaide-Chamberlain which I accepted, and PSG offered £12 million for Schneiderlin which I accepted, neither were offered out.

Also after every rejected bid I'm pretty sure I have had the agent knocking on my door asking for a better contract for the player.

Not sure if it's affected save games as the tax rates are set at the start of the game. However even if the patch fxed it probably hasn't had a huge effect in people's save games yet. If my finances are anything to go by I was loosing a good £30 -40 million a season in extra tax, that's going to take a chunk out of any clubs budget. So it might take a few seasons for some lcubs to recover balances.

Well thats is good, it should be like that of you ask me. I have recently started a Southampton save and am 1 season in just in July 2nd season, all I have had is a single £6m instalments bid for Lallana from Stoke, he had the wanted icon for practically all season. I have signed a good few 5 star potential players along with some suitable golden oldies for tutors, I will be interested to see if I get any bids within a few seasons.

Ward-Prowse and Shaw are practically 1st teamers now, they have improved loads for me and they will become some of the best players on the game the way they are developing. As far as Ramirez, average rating of 7.38 all season 11 league goals am at the end of July and not had any interest at all which is suprising considering the guy is immense, but to early for me to judge yet time will tell. Plus Rodriguez scored 16 league goals, with him being English and young would have thought that would have prompted some interest, but no none.

I have managed to sell all of my deadwood fairly easily for either their value or slightly less which is fair enough except Mayuka, offeredout for £500k and I cannot even find a club to take him on loan lol, he is actually pretty good too but its fair enough I guess he hasn't played.

I do expect within the next season or 2 to start receoving a lot of interest as I have got a very very good young team, I also expect (but know it won't really happen) to have a battle to keep hold of some of them too.

All in all it would be very good if form was linked to interest in players eg. the OP striker scoring 30+ goals surely would make some take notice etc.

Interesting point.

Now that I think about it, I have never once received an offer for any of my players. I have to offer them to clubs (normally for well below their value) in order to get some interest. I ended up selling Andy Carroll for £3.5M, for example.

My game set up (in case anyone is interested):

England L2 and above, Spain top 2, Italy top 2, France top 2, Germany top 2 and large DB.

In my fifth season, taking west ham into the champions league and have won the league twice in a row now, have built up a young squad full of potential (plenty of 5 star regens too) but in 4 and a half seasons I have only ever had one occasion where a player was "wanted" (without me offering around a player for sale). Man Utd had minor interest in my young full back, but they bought someone else and moved on. Never even made a bid.

I have had a bit of trouble selling players, but always get there in the end and havent even lost a single player on a free contract (but have had to pay some wages to cover the move) but not once have I had to resist a single bid from any team in the world for any of my players. Not once. Seems unrealistic.

I had the same problem in 10, 11, 12 and 13. I go whole decades+ without selling a single player.

I always run lots of leagues and lots of players every year.

I cant really see how the amount of players effects things.. its the AIs lack of ability to team build thats the problem imo. Maybe the wage demands are all wrong too.. I dunno.

The ony way I can get rid of players is to let their contract run out. Or release them.

I have had a few bids but as you say not a huge amount. I often have the 'wnt' sign appear next to a player but with no formal enquiry or offer put in.

In my last 3 seasons. I have sold 4 players via negotiated bids (Not offered out or listed). I would expect the majority of my sales to happen this way. Not me having to do all the proactive work. If I only bought players that were offered out my teams might be as useless as the Ai's ;]

If I only bought players that were offered out my teams might be as useless as the Ai's ;]

Exactly.

The AI showed more ambition in FMs from 10 year ago than they do now. This part of the game has been neglected for years.. The most exciting bit, infavour of the most boring bits.. media and all that :)

If you take out all the interaction that alot of people find dull, the stuff that still doesnt wor as it should and the 2d/3d you are left with a worse game than we had in 90s.

What I want to know is why there is ZERO loan interest in Gerard Deulofeu even at £0 fee and 0% wages. He has potential to be one of the best AMRs in the world and yet nobody wants him for half a season absolutely free of charge? Ridiculous.

Cos its broken?

What I want to know is why there is ZERO loan interest in Gerard Deulofeu even at £0 fee and 0% wages. He has potential to be one of the best AMRs in the world and yet nobody wants him for half a season absolutely free of charge? Ridiculous.

That one might be due to his expectations. For a loan it's not his potential that is important it is his current ability. What may be the case is that he may have no interest in playing for the type of team where he is a first teamer. I.e the teams in which his current ability is in line with the first team aren't good enough. Because he may appear as an unrealistic loan for them. The teams which are realistic for him may have no interest in his current level of skill like you don't quality.

And some players don't want to be loaned out. Jack Wilshere was an example. In 2008 Arsenal tried loaning him out but he didn't want to go it wasn't until 2 years later in 2010 when a premier league team who where relatively (lower) mid table at the time (Bolton). He agreed to go.

In real life..

January transfer window.. Premier league.. Total.

In 50

Out 101..

In the FM world January transfer window premier 2013

In 11

Out 67

More than half the clubs didnt bother to buy anybody.. Every real life club brought a new face in.

Nearly half as less sales and a fith less buys than reality.. This cause a ripple effect throught out the divisions and I expect Championship and other leagues to be far less reality too.

I was only speculating. But i'm guessing if he is more or less a standard level United player he has a fairly big reputation by now and may not be all that interested in being loaned out may even be seen as a bit of an insult. Not sure a player like Valencia who is probably similar quality would respond well to being told you need to go on loan?

Again speculation may be an absolute bug.

I was only speculating. But i'm guessing if he is more or less a standard level United player he has a fairly big reputation by now and may not be all that interested in being loaned out may even be seen as a bit of an insult. Not sure a player like Valencia who is probably similar quality would respond well to being told you need to go on loan?

Again speculation may be an absolute bug.

You could be right but it'd nice if the game would actually tell me that. He's not getting any playing time because Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, and Wilshere are all ahead of him at the AMR position, so a loan seemed natural.

I have the exact opposite problem with Boca in my save - I have to set ridiculously high asking fees on my players in order NOT to recieve offers for them, which leads to the players themselves being worried about that (Something new to this FM). I understand that I have the most powerful team in South America AND with tons of high-quality regens I got from Boca and many foreign teams, but it gets annoying when I have to refuse Zenit's offer for one of my second-choice players FIVE times IN A SINGLE WEEK

Thats quite the other end of the extreme, i would certainly want to be in your position :(

If this isn't a bug, does anyone have a workaround to fix this problem?

I think league and club rep is part of it. When I play in a lower rep league and get some decent young players in I will get loads of interest and offers to the point that it's difficult to keep consistency, but when playing in England or Spain and doing well in the top league there's hardly any interest in any one.

I.e I think the reason why there is no interest in for Gerard Deulofeu at £0 fee and 0% wages is because he is not interested in moving to a lower rep club. I found that players that don't generate any loan interest, can be easily loaned out if you transfer list them first.

• Administrators

Was discussing this today actually with a coder. Could do with a save game example and this raised in the bugs forum as the more examples we have the better really. I've got an absolute gem in my Genclerbirgli team and although I'm happy to keep him, I'm surprised no-one has been sniffing around him yet. Let us know if you provide any save games etc, thanks.

Since FM2011 i always get the feeling that AI teams prefer to buy players from other AI teams rather from Human teams.

I usually play with Benfica, and the Portuguese league is not a big league, so it's normal that the better players sooner or later will leave for bigger clubs.

But if i'm managing Benfica i have no problems in keeping my key players, even if they play very well, simple because AI teams wont bid for them.

But if i leave the club, AI teams will rush into buying the best players. I've seen this happens too many times.

Yeah its been this way for a few versions now, although i have seen a slight increase in bids coming into me this year, last year you could keep an entire team of players for their full career's quite easily. I've had to sell two players so far because the bids i received were good enough to make me sell but with some of the young guys i have, id expect a lot more interest.

I always thought there's not enough interest in your top players when playing in BSN, BSS and even BSP. Surely if your player is getting on average 7.00 in a season other clubs will be interested in him? Then if he gets above 7.10 in a season there'll be numerous clubs interested in him.

I've played one full season, restarted and I'm now nearing the end of the first season and early on I had a two or three experimental runs of a third or half a season, all with Spurs.

I always get virtually the same series of offers/interest.

Man Utd make a serious enquiry for Bale as soon as the game starts. (I reply by setting an unrealistic price and they go away.)

Man City sniff around Kyle Walker though it's about 50/50 if they follow up with an actual bid.

Real Madrid make an offer out of the blue for Gomes and I bite their hand off taking it.

Man City bid for Brad Friedel which I reject.

And just in the latest game City have switched their interest to Assou-Ekotto, though as yet it's just 'WTD' not a full bid.

So I'm getting some unprompted offers but I'd agree they are on the low side and in FM13 I'm not getting any interest in promising youngsters who're in the reserves which I have had in previous years and I think I should be getting.

Since FM2011 i always get the feeling that AI teams prefer to buy players from other AI teams rather from Human teams.

I usually play with Benfica, and the Portuguese league is not a big league, so it's normal that the better players sooner or later will leave for bigger clubs.

But if i'm managing Benfica i have no problems in keeping my key players, even if they play very well, simple because AI teams wont bid for them.

But if i leave the club, AI teams will rush into buying the best players. I've seen this happens too many times.

I also have suspicions that there's something somewhere shying the AI away from human teams in some circumstances.

In previous versions I figured it was the "purchase value" thing that all AI teams had but no humans did. But as that's been removed and there's still clearly an issue then I'm completely stumped as to what it might be.

I wouldn't say there is a total lack of interest but it is still way too low for my liking. I have taken a team into the PL and over eight seasons built a nice squad including 2 wonderkids and a number of other young talents, for me though the lack of serious interest I get in these players really hurts long term saves as I find it too easy to keep a quality squad together. I've been mid-table most seasons and other teams should be banging my door down for some of my players. Very often I will get a player wanted for an entire transfer window but no actual bids are made. Over my eight seasons I've sold the vast majority of players by offering them to other clubs, only 3 players in 8 seasons have left because of other teams making a bid when I haven't offered them out.

I also have suspicions that there's something somewhere shying the AI away from human teams in some circumstances.

In previous versions I figured it was the "purchase value" thing that all AI teams had but no humans did. But as that's been removed and there's still clearly an issue then I'm completely stumped as to what it might be.

For me, is something that must be coded. Something like....warning warning team XXX is now a "human team" so... hand off!!! :lol:

Now for serious, i believe it was FM2011 that in the first version had a problem where players from human teams will get unsettled very easy by any offer from a AI teams.

SI fixed that problem with a patch, but the truth is, for me, it seems them over-fixed the problem, because since then the tranfers system between AI teams-Human players never worked well again.

I haven't found any lack of offers for my playeras in this version compared to FM12, but what I have seen is that teams are far more hesitant to make a bid on players with 2 or more years left on their contracts. I like this, as it gives me a little time before the big teams unsettle my brightest talent.

Deadline day in the SPL and BPL clubs came in with about 1hr to go and took away my two best players for their min fee release clause.

Dan Gosling for 1.9 million and Jason Steele for 2.5 million.

It sucked but the only way I was able to get them to sign for me in first place was through reducing their wage demands by inserting the min fee clause, and the pain of the blow was lessened by the fact that clubs were trying to sign my players!

Kind of strengthens the idea that clubs tend not to bid for players with no set transfer fee.

Although it isn't universal, was a bit shocked recently when out of the blue Swanswea bid 2.1 million for Nigel Hasselbaink, who wasn't transfer listed and had no asking price set, and then when I asked them for 2.5 million in reply they just entirely pulled out. Strange, one would have thought they may have continued negotiations.

The bigger problem for me is that when AI clubs buy players they don't do anything with them. As well as the Gaitain to MU and Callejon to MC I mentioned before, who were released after 4 years without playing. I personally also sold Murray Davidson to Celtic and Liam Craig to Hearts one summer. By december both were in reserves, transfer listed, and had never played a game.

Why do AI managers make/treat signings like this?

How I miss the days when AI clubs were relentlessly offering for my Top Players to the point of the board giving in and accepting a solid 8M offer without asking my opinion...

Back then, making it from rags to riches was a rather complicated thing, at least in the early seasons, exactly because of that... Just like in real life, as soon as a player was getting good performances, better clubs started sniffing around and it was possible to fend them off only so much.

The actual challenge was keeping your club competitive and going forward DESPITE losing a couple of starting XI players every season.

In recent years you can comfortably keep your HG topscorer without having to get carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking "reject" a hundred times... Nobody will likely bother unless you offer him out. Which makes little sense and is going to upset the player.

Even worse when it comes down to loaning out players. Be it deadwood, competent rotation material or hot prospects, it'll be a struggle and the players are refusing most of the sparse offers you can get.

And let's not even talk about how perfectly good players, who would be regulars or even important figures at plenty of clubs from Top Tier midtable downwards, rot on the unemployed list because the AI is too stupid to realize they're a bargain.

If in this cases the blame goes to a rigid and rather flawed Reputation system, I have no idea about what causes clubs NOT being interested in offering for relatively cheap players who have been doing great.

I miss FM2010. It was the last FM where i had a player with a release clause of 60m and saw Barcelona beating that clause in the summer transfer window.

I fell sorry for loosing my player, but at the same time it feels so real. The player was a wingback right, ranked as the best in the world, playing in Benfica (Portugal)... it would be a matter of time before big sharks come and get him.

In FM2012, and again in FM13 i will have no problems in keeping the player in my team... all his career.

ive only played through one season so far getting Cardiff into the prem but sold all my unwanted players bar one in the summer xfer window without any fuss including has beens and some dross, have had problems with this in previous versions so was quite happy. Even had Arsenal after my best defender and offering over 10 mill. But too early in my game to say if this will continue or if big clubs will come in for young talent i've aquired.

How I miss the days when AI clubs were relentlessly offering for my Top Players to the point of the board giving in and accepting a solid 8M offer without asking my opinion...

Back then, making it from rags to riches was a rather complicated thing, at least in the early seasons, exactly because of that... Just like in real life, as soon as a player was getting good performances, better clubs started sniffing around and it was possible to fend them off only so much.

The actual challenge was keeping your club competitive and going forward DESPITE losing a couple of starting XI players every season.

In recent years you can comfortably keep your HG topscorer without having to get carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking "reject" a hundred times... Nobody will likely bother unless you offer him out. Which makes little sense and is going to upset the player.

Even worse when it comes down to loaning out players. Be it deadwood, competent rotation material or hot prospects, it'll be a struggle and the players are refusing most of the sparse offers you can get.

And let's not even talk about how perfectly good players, who would be regulars or even important figures at plenty of clubs from Top Tier midtable downwards, rot on the unemployed list because the AI is too stupid to realize they're a bargain.

If in this cases the blame goes to a rigid and rather flawed Reputation system, I have no idea about what causes clubs NOT being interested in offering for relatively cheap players who have been doing great.

I have 22 year old forward that scored more than goal a game in CL on ridiculously low wage (yearly wage around 22000 euros). AI isn't interested even after I transfer listed him. Similarly I have acquired brilliant 18 old Turkish AML/R/C that Beşiktaş released after he was first team regular all season! To make it even more bizarre he languished unattached for months with absolutely no AI interest. I guess combination of reputation and CA/PA course this. AI generally ignores players that have good/great attributes but low CA/PA, similarly great performing players with low CA/PA are completely ignored by AI. CA and especially PA must become much less obvious and performances must become more important factor in player search for both human players and AI. How could anyone in real life be that certain that great performing and professional 18 old won't become good player and worthy investment?

I miss FM2010. It was the last FM where i had a player with a release clause of 60m and saw Barcelona beating that clause in the summer transfer window.

I fell sorry for loosing my player, but at the same time it feels so real. The player was a wingback right, ranked as the best in the world, playing in Benfica (Portugal)... it would be a matter of time before big sharks come and get him.

In FM2012, and again in FM13 i will have no problems in keeping the player in my team... all his career.

Yeah that's a strange one isn't it? You don't want players like that being snapped up by the big boys, but at the same time it would be nice if you had to fight them off.

I have yet to sell a player I don't want to sell on either FM13 or (now I think about it) about 8 seasons of a single career game on FM12. It's actually really strange.

Archived