Bogey Players

Weezer

We've all heard of bogey teams but I have a situation developing in my game where I have a bogey player.

Wilfried Zaha who starts the game at Crystal Palace just won't stop scoring past me. He scored in both games against me in my first season in the Championship including a brace in a thrilling 3-3 draw. After that I got promotion and thought I'd left him behind but Premier League Reading signed him in the summer and he managed to score in both fixtures in that season too. Towards the end of the second season I left to take the manager job at Newcastle. Thought I might have left the curse behind me when moving to a new team but no, 3rd game of my 3rd season he scores against me and my new club. In total he's played me 5 times and scored on every single occasion.

Anybody else have any random 'bogey' players that can't fail to score past you? I'm not particulary interested in answers such as Messi or Aguero as they score goals past a lot of people!

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang has been terrorising my defence for years now, always seems to join a club in my league and always, always manages to score against me. Think he first joined Chelsea on 07 when I was Spurs, then again Chelsea when I was Spurs on 08, then Lyon when I was Rennes on 09, then Spurs when I was Cambridge Utd on 10, then Sevilla when I was Xerez on 11 and now Man Utd when I am AC Milan (not the same league but scored against me in the Champions League Final!). Might have to buy him myself on 2013!

Some Irish striker called Liam Kirwan that I bought to England when I was managing Bradford. Started well for me, bagged a few goals but he soon went stale so I released him and Ipswich quickly snapped him up. A few months later I had one of those "once-in-a-lifetime" results and lost 7-1 away at Ipswich... he got 4 goals.

I was ****ing livid.

Wayne Rooney, every,single version. Not just as England as you would expect for also even for utd, No matter the system or formation or game, from FM 09 (the first FM I played) til 12, I have never got any good performances out of this guy when everyone else around him is doing good.

Used to be Matt Tubbs when he was in the lower leagues playing for Salisbury. The guy was an absolute beast. Now he's in L1 and doesn't trouble my non league sides anymore. :)

I'd set every available opposition instruction on him and he'd always bloody score. Oh, and Charlie Sheringham was the same as well.

The ones that stick out in my head are Mikael Forsell and Leon Knight in a Chelsea game from CM01/02. I could never beat them, and those two would constantly score against me and drive me mental. Another one that over the years of FM has always given me grief is Anelka. Seems appropriate too given I'm an Arsenal fan. Eto'o is another that stands out, although it's far more understandable given how good he actually is.

Funny you should mention Zaha, I had exactly that experience with him last year, until he went and scored the winner in one of the more ridiculous end-of-season scenarios I've ever encountered (my Leicester team needed his Stoke team to beat Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge, on the last Sunday of the season, when they'd had to play at Tottenham on the preceeding Friday... and they did!)

David Villa - One of the most obvious ones. Goal machine. Every time he shoots against me it pretty much goes in.

Javier Hernandez - Every time I have faced him he has scored, I just can't stop him. He does more against me than Rooney who I can nullify

Jong Tae Se - Playing in Germany against Koln - home or away - is a nightmare against him. He just bullys my defenders even some with 20 for strength! - was even tempted to sign him for my side just to avoid playing against him!

Archived