The FMCU 'Venting Your Spleen' Thread

AK22

You're not registered in my squad. You're 21. You need game time to develop.

So why oh why do you keep turning down the loan offers about ten clubs have made for you?! How is spending the next six months not playing beneficial to you in any way?!

Players can be so stupid sometimes.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number of key players getting injured for months > number of free transfers I can sign to fill in the holes, because the new signings also get injured!

My starting DC thinking it's a good idea to sit out 7 out of 25 league games with bloody stupid suspensions. Two reds for absolutely needless, idiotic challenges not on our own half (I can tolerate professional fouls), but on the other teams'! :mad:

First game of the season, new tier, record crowd, my playmaker goes in late in a challenge, gets himself sent off. In the fifth bloody minute :mad:

Needless to say, he gets banned three games and without him we are as creative as a concrete block.

First game of the season, new tier, record crowd, my playmaker goes in late in a challenge, gets himself sent off. In the fifth bloody minute :mad:

Needless to say, he gets banned three games and without him we are as creative as a concrete block.

What was the final score?

One of my part-timers who is not in my plans comes to me concerned that he's not getting first-team football.

I tell him I'll try to find a new club for him in the window.

No clubs want him. Not even on a free.

Assistant comes back and says the player still expects me to keep my promise to let him go in the window.

Since no teams want him, I offer him mutual termination ... and he gets upset by it! WTF!? :mad:

How can a team as Massive as Sheffield Wednesday lose to a team as small and as tiny as Stevenage!?

Oh wait, that wasn't on FM, that was in real life :D:D

Oi! Don't you be denegrating the Boro! I had 5 great years watching them and been to a playoff final and Wembley (twice) with them!

Oi! Don't you be denegrating the Boro! I had 5 great years watching them and been to a playoff final and Wembley (twice) with them!

I wasn't the one that was denegrating them. It was the Sheffield Wednesday fans and Radio Sheffield, claiming before the game that it was Stevenages 'Cup Final' and how it should be a simple 3 home points for Wednesday blah blah, unfortunately Stevenage are one of the best teams in the league and have beaten us this season when we played them. I don't get why the media doesn't pick up on how amazing they've done this past few years, with no takeover as well I believe?

Players constantly offisde. Especially off corners. Corner taken, falls short, pass back to corner taker, offside. Happens 3-4 times a game. Surely you must have learned from your mistakes.

Given my plan in Bulgaria revolved around being able to stock up on some good players by approaching players in January on expiring contracts, you can imagine my reaction to a supporters group (so no benefit to me) takeover bid causing an embargo a few days before Jan 1st! Thankfully it actually ended on the 2nd or that would have completely messed things up.

I really hate playing B teams. This one I just played was a bunch of losers (1 win in 20 matches), but three of the club's best players were on field against us. One day after the A team's match.

Needless to say we were destroyed :mad: (and using players in a 24 hr period is usually forbidden, too IRL :mad:)

Blasting away the opposition in the Libertadores group stage for the reward of playing the weakest second-placed side (usually some Bolivian chancers) only to find it's Boca, ranked 3rd in the entire continent. Who then score 3 unanswered goals across the two legs from 3 half-chances, whilst their keeper does a Gandalf impression at the other end.

Having no computer that can run FM and coming up with an idea for a new save every 30minutes.

Hate that. Start a new save, get bored before your first friendly because you want to start as someone else.

Having a few beers while playing the game, and accidentally saving over your main career with a mess around experiment at your beloved Notts County. Now you have to see if you can find a route back and continue a thread.... :o :(

Having the forum crash when writing up my end of season summary, and the auto-restore not working as it should :mad:

Didn't even realise there was a problem until I went to submit post and the whole thing disappeared!

Not one to mind too much about chairman accepting bids, especially when it brings in a lot of money to otherwise financially struggling clubs, but this one's having a good go. 2 players sold even before the reset date, and decided to do a third just before the start of the season for good measure. Normally the AI waits until you're gone before starting to offload your players.

When you draw your bogey team in the preliminary round of the Copa Sudamericana and go out on away goals having taken them apart time and time again only to be denied by their keeper. Even though your striker has 16 goals in 10 games.

20 shots on goal, 2 on target. I'd like to think my strikers aren't completely incompetent and that they were aiming for some guy who flipped them the bird from seat P12. Because there is no reason a shot at goal should leave the field of play closer to the corner post than the goal post!

Very nearly lost a deal on an excellent young player because the only sticking point was the agent's fee, which was double what I could offer though a lot of budget adjusting saved the day.

Archived