FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

• SI Staff

As always - thanks for the feedback, a few comments on your recent suggestions though -

7. Request for a “sugar daddy” club. Some teams have that already, but if it’s a small/regional team that I’m trying to take to the big leagues, a ‘sugar daddy’ like arrangement can really help.

There is a sugar daddy unlockable - but its something you have to 'earn' the right to.

8. Fan count – this is something that can show how well the team is progressing. Again, more important for the small teams trying to be big. Fan count can be linked to finances (as is the case in real life with more shirt sales, etc.) It will also be very helpful in trying to determine if its time to request expansion of stadium.

You can see attendances at matches on the match overview page, this should help with regards to this (and is already taken into account with finances etc.)

9. Cash + Player offers – In transfer negotiations, ability to either buy another player with cash + player or sell a player and request for cash + player options would be very helpful.

You can already do part-exchange deals in the game.

11. Arranging recreation activity – no details needed. Just noticing slipping morale due to a string of hard games puts pressure on players. At such opportune moments – a manager shows his/her true managerial skill by taking appropriate action.

There is a 'motivational' aspect to training which is presumed to incorporate such things.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would love to see a 50 % discount for those who bought FMH 2012 :D

And, I hear your arguments and stuff, but still.. if it's possible: multiple leagues for Android, pleeeease?

Given the amount of time I spend playing it, I'm quite happy to pay full price.

Being able to load more than one league would be amazing though. So many of the player created challenges are either impossible or noticeably harder on Android without the ability to load multiple leagues.

I realise it's unlikely to happen for FMH 2013, but I can live in hope :D

Thank you for your response Marc. I thought I covered the game in detail, but apparently not as much. I will look for the items you mentioned above.

As always - thanks for the feedback, a few comments on your recent suggestions though -

There is a sugar daddy unlockable - but its something you have to 'earn' the right to.

You can see attendances at matches on the match overview page, this should help with regards to this (and is already taken into account with finances etc.)

You can already do part-exchange deals in the game.

There is a 'motivational' aspect to training which is presumed to incorporate such things.

Here's an overall comment about the game experience:

Ambiguity - There's a lot of ambiguity in certain parts of the game. Maybe it's intentional, which i can somewhat understand. But unlike real life, in the game, i'm only relying on written signals.

Examples:

Player interactions - When media asks my opinion if one of my top player is heading for the national team call-up, the response can either boost the player or distract him. I recently faced a situation like that, looked into the player's details, but couldn't find any leads to show whether he likes pressure or not. I took my chances and said yes, i think the player has a promising future. Next thing i know, my top player stopped producing results, sitting on the sideline. Upon further investigation, i noticed that the scout said this player likes private interaction (when being told he is doing well). Wondering if that means i shouldn't have commented at the media. Its vague, still not sure if there was a lesson to learn and how to react when similar situation arises.

Playing styles - After all these years of playing football manager, i still have not figured out what each of those mean. Say, short passes. Does that increase possession? Is that best only for teams with lower average height? Is that most useful if the players you are fielding have high passing attribute scores? These make sense to me in real life, but did the programmers take all of these factors into account during building the game? This is never completely understandable due to multitude of factors playing in (and rightly so). This also applies to all other playing styles, and even in scout's report of other team's playing styles. The vagueness makes this game great, but in the end, even after success in the field, can't take satisfaction coz i don't know if i did things right, or just got lucky. (This is why i had suggested critics reviews, they will help a manager learn and get better with experience.)

Player attributes - Same as above. Even after years of playing, i still can't figure out which player is the real deal (the diamond in the rough). The scout reports are almost useless (right only 50% of the time, so really not any better than a coin toss). As for the attribute scores - they help, but are so often not resulting into performance. I understand as a manager, you need the right players to have the right attributes, don't need an entire screen of green scores. For example- i remember playing the 2008 version on pc (back in 2008) and i acquired a young Joe Allen. He had every score green, and most of them (and the right ones for a midfielder) above 15. The kid never got a game rating of 7. The scout said he's a future star. I sent him out on loan. kept encouraging and working on proper training for him, but waited till he was 24. He was not unhappy, physio had no worries, he even favoured me, but I never got even a 7 game rating out of him. Maybe true to life, but frustrating. Can't use my footballing eyes to judge and nothing in the game ever indicated anything. Apparently Brenden Rodgers knew how to get 7 rating out of him, as he did last year with Swansea????? So vague.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, but had to write so much to get my point across about the ambiguity in the game.

less ****** board people who say that it was "bad business" when you got a keeper for free who is better than my current strongest keeper and is worth 3 million. Genius.

I would like to be able to see how revenue gets into the club, maybe it could be took further and allow people to control the clubs finances apart from wage budget and transfer budget. Maybe we can sort out the sponsors for the teams, price of tickets, kits etc. A new dynamic. Have the financial control mode able to turn off and on too.

less ****** board people who say that it was "bad business" when you got a keeper for free who is better than my current strongest keeper and is worth 3 million. Genius.

I would like to be able to see how revenue gets into the club, maybe it could be took further and allow people to control the clubs finances apart from wage budget and transfer budget. Maybe we can sort out the sponsors for the teams, price of tickets, kits etc. A new dynamic. Have the financial control mode able to turn off and on too.

I think the first point will happen at a lot of clubs, the game's all about opinions and players ability can be very subjective. I'd expect there a lot of ego's at Boardroom level and even through transfers do go through certain members would voice their discontent at a couple, I think its a realistic feature.

I agree that we should be able to see the clubs finances in greater detail, even if it is literally a basic Profit & Loss showing Gate Receipts, Transfers, Sponsorship ect. Not too sure we should be able to select sponsors and change the price of tickets, these kind of duties aren't decided by a manager at clubs as far as I'm aware.

• SI Staff
maybe it could be took further and allow people to control the clubs finances apart from wage budget and transfer budget. Maybe we can sort out the sponsors for the teams, price of tickets, kits

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't personally think this is something that's likely to go into any SI title at any point in the foreseeable future.

• SI Staff
Player interactions - When media asks my opinion if one of my top player is heading for the national team call-up, the response can either boost the player or distract him. I recently faced a situation like that, looked into the player's details, but couldn't find any leads to show whether he likes pressure or not.

Quite often you can find hints for this sort of thing from either the players happiness comments, his personality type or as you mentioned some of the various assistant manager feedback mechanisms in the game.

Things like work rate, leadership and the style the player appears to be can also give you clues - if the players always getting sent off then he's a hot head and far more likely to be volatile (ie. keep out of press) ... if the player is a thorough professional then he'll probably keep a level head.

Playing styles - After all these years of playing football manager, i still have not figured out what each of those mean. Say, short passes. Does that increase possession? Is that best only for teams with lower average height? Is that most useful if the players you are fielding have high passing attribute scores? These make sense to me in real life, but did the programmers take all of these factors into account during building the game?

We've done our best to - if you interpret them as you would in real-life then you should find things respond accordingly (thats the entire idea of a football simulation after all ;) ).

PS - With players, its difficult I know - as irl, sometimes you might have the right player but the wrong balance in the side which means he'll never quite perform the way you believe he should ... look at Lampard and Gerrard for England, but great players in their own right - but put them on the pitch together and they never quite 'gel'.

I like the idea of going into Administration, certainly adds a bit of realism into it. On a side note, I know that you are tight lipped at the moment but is the FFP included in the upcoming games?

I think due to licensing issues the European Cups don't have the official names, much like the Premiership teams badges?

I like the idea of going into Administration, certainly adds a bit of realism into it. On a side note, I know that you are tight lipped at the moment but is the FFP included in the upcoming games?

I think due to licensing issues the European Cups don't have the official names, much like the Premiership teams badges?

I think it would funny as hell 2 put a team in administration if u dont like that team

Hi Marc,

I think it's great you listen to us and come and check the thread/reply.

I was relieved to see the one thing you were very firm on was not over bloating the game with extra tactics, shouts etc. The game works perfect as it is.

A few niggles in no particular order.

1. I retired leading Vaxhuall Motors to glory in everything in multiple seasons. I finished Number 2 rank :(

2. Squad numbers. A nice little thing to do.

3. Trophy cabinet. So far it lists cups/titles but doesn't beak it down

4. History - Biggest win/loss/Transfer etc

5. When you are a lower team and loan a player if their contract changes to a big wage it can cripple your finances as you pay the percentage of that wage. Hard to change I reckon, but it's a pain.

6. Random player retiring. Sometimes I get testimonials for players I've had for 10 seasons. My star striker had about 20 and there was no note I only found out when I started a new season. All players retiring in your team you should be notified about even if they suddenly decide to retire with no warning.

7. Players being greedy all the time, seem to want to a new contract every half a season.

8. Players wanting a new challenge then getting angry when you 'offer to clubs' and starting disliking other players

9. Finances, particularly other teams. No punishment for going bankrupt as such, (i try to sign their players, they reject bid) points deduction. Random teams make big signings even if they are not in Europe anymore. Rich clubs in League 1 from when they were in prem still.

10. No team ever expands their stadium (i dont think) and the stadiums all look the same/as does weather. a little variation would be nice. when I play teams in world club cup in december its always cold even though its probably a hot country (i play this game too much)

That's it for now. I's a superb game and the only app I ever play regularly on my phone. I hope you keep the game smooth and quick as before, that is the most important thing for me.

captains would be cool, but squad numbers is kinda pushin it.

Best idea (aside from newgens instead of regens): let us see height instead of just lumping it in with the 'heading' attribute, I want to build a 200 cm tall team and teach them to use ONLY their heads...it'll be like keep away from the short guys!

Oh an revamp the interface. There are too many button clicks. Stream line it baby!

LOVE the game, can't wait for it to come out. Will probably delete it from my ipod again after April if it's still regens instead of newgens...but I'll keep buying it either way and I'll get a quite a few good months out of it. :thup::thup::thup:

Would like to see Captains introduced definitely as this is an important part of the game, thinking about it I'm quite surprised it still isn't in the game.

Squad Numbers would be a good addition, in makes you feel more involved playing the game in a way - could just be me though!

How about a version of the game that, if not purchased legally, then you are forced to start with 'Thief FC' where all players have 1 ratings all over the shop, with no ability to buy any players and zero money in the bank?

This would mean more people actually buy the game and provide SI with a bigger budget and us with more additional features.

Guest nrvallen

I think FMH requires very little in respect of additional features etc. At present it's the right amount of complexity and accessibility. It would be great if it transferred to a more powerful system so we could have a proper 3D match engine. I've no intention of buying the full FM13 game on PC just to access the Classic mode - even though it sounds great.

One thing I am always confused about is whether making changes during a game can make a difference. Also, after a game it would be nice if my assistant coach provided some feedback - pointing out whether the tactic worked, who played well, who should rest etc. Prior to each match the coach provides some info on the opposition and I've really no idea how to use that.

I know it's a terrible game overall but Premier Manager on PS3 has a couple interesting features; notably the way player stats are obscured until you've scouted them, and you can hire better scouts to receive improved information. Another feature that works well is the unity rating that is based on how well the current tactic works - based on how long the players have played together and played in that position etc.

Guest nrvallen

Thanks Dec9693, I did not know that was an option. I'm not going to turn it on if optional, I will simply use default and easiest settings. However, if it were standard I would leave it in place as it's a neat feature.

If there match engine remains the same then the text commentary really needs improvement. Or at least I should be able to make some of my own amendments. I had a passage of play that went something along the lines of:

Yellow Card!

Surely looking to shoot from here.

GOAL!

I had absolutely no idea who did what during this sequence.

With regard to improvements, I can't remember if this has changed, but a way to return training schedules to the default setting would be helpful.

I agree about the text commentary. There have been a number of occasions when I've had a player sent off with no explanation of what happened. It's particularly confusing when the player that got sent off had the ball at the time. I also miss the ability to read through a full transcript of the text commentary after the match, to work out what happened.

Guest nrvallen

Agreed! It's very random and incomplete at times. Shame really as I remember CM when I played it back in the day (97-99) seemed to work well in that regard.

Been playing a lot of FMH2012 recently and would like to add an extra voice to improving the scouting aspect of the game.

Observations/Thoughts

As a small club (Bath City) my scouts regularly tell me that 'X' player is the best thing since sliced bread and should be signed at all costs and then, upon looking, find he's a 4.2mil defender from Celtic. Not only is he way out of budget I'd doubt he'd sign so while my scout is correct that he's better than any left-back in my squad he should also know I don't have the money! The other interesting thing I've noted with scouts is they never, or at least not yet in my game, turned up players out of contract or without a club. Perhaps I'm just mistiming my scouting expeditions but certainly around the end of the season I'd expect my scouts to turn up the odd player or two who isn't attached to a club.

Suggestions

1. As far as things I'd like to see implemented in future FMH versions is the ability to scout by position. For example I would currently love to sign a new goalkeeper and while I know I can just do a players search I much prefer to go down the scouting method in-keeping with LLM traditions. However the current implementation does not allow me to send my scout out to just find me goalkeepers and as such it's pot luck as to whether my scout finds me any worth signing.
  2. I appreciate that there is likely to be memory/space concerns when it comes to keeping scout reports however I wonder whether an option could be available to keep say the last 2 scouting trips?
  3. Better targeted results to the level of your club would be great. As mentioned it's all well and good my scout finding an awesome player but if he's going to cost me a couple million and is already playing top-flight football I don't want to know about him. However I do want to know about player 'Y' who's out of favour at a club a league above/below me who is looking for first team football.

In any case I look forward to reading the feature list for FMH2013 when it's announced :)

Just read the scouting comments. Now it's most probable that development of fmh2013 is in advanced stages and far too late to actually influence any major changes.

Scouting; I don't personally send out my scouts in fmh as I tend to do player searches, then scout rests to get potential ability, which is how I base.my.purchase decisions.

Is only designate scouts to nations/regions if it would "ungrey" even a few players in that region, as in fm. But I sail close to the wind so will move swiftly on.....

Wld need to check; does rescouting a player ever turn up a likelihood of a player being injury prone. Wld be useful.

DO find sorting scouted players by current/potential ability very useful. Find that far more useful than being told.by my scout, in most cases, player is, or has potential to be, a "decent player."

Expect the visible attributes will stay the same. I'd personally have loved to see "composure" as I just love players who are calm under pressure but I'm happy to guess that a combination of technique and decisions might.cover this.

Yes need to know better how.my players are performing in games. Love.it.when.a player is "spraying passes" but key passes in stats would.be a great help. People have already mentioned current limitations of text commentary so I'll move.on.

Well, I'll certainly be legitimately buying fmh13. Cldnt believe reading.that it is so heavily pirated. Kids with all that technology can't stump up about £7 for a decent game? Criminal. Literally.

Right, off to the aston villa data issues thread. Assuming fmh is taking attributes from.the main db are some issues to sort.....

Neil.

I think that an editor would be awesone, inside the PSP version, and, for the PSP version, the option for the Keepers to take the Free Kicks (like Rogério Ceni who plays for São Paulo, brasilian team) because, in the 2012 version i can put the keeper to take the free kicks, but, when the free kicks appears in the animation, other player different from keeper is taking that free kick...

Been playing since CM 97/98 on PC, moved to PSP when the kids were born and then back to PC last year (felt like a 2nd job) so moved to iPhone recently. I agree not to complicate it too much more, but to make it a bit less cumbersome and the general experience a bit more enjoyable. What I would like is;

• a bit more on finance. Maybe just an arrow like the morale arrow, showing whether you made a profit or loss last month, it would be nice so that you know how the general state of the club is doing, and can cut down on wages if you want the club to start turning a profit, or you can see the fruits of that home cup draw.

• Attendance, a bit more logic could be put into this, e.g. attendances can sometimes be the same even against local rivals and even against bigger teams in cup competitions.

• Would love to be able to select multiple players and then click scout just the once in player search.

• Really hate it when regens come into the game way older (no back history), but understand that this is needed for smaller countries e.g. Ryan Giggs normally comes back >24years old. Can a fake back history be generated?

• I normally play with commentary only, is it possible to get goal replays in 2D?

• Can the “interested” filter be tweaked, to more of a “not a hope in hell of them signing for you” filter – I often sign players that are apparently not interested

• Can “based” be added to the filter in player search?

That’s all I can think of for now

Thanks

Add another notch on the "condense the international call-up" news... :)

Unlockable to use more subs in a match? Just for fun...

More seriously, as well as player comparisons, it'd be great to have more control over player searches.

Sometimes it would be nice to be able to (for example) search players 15-21 who are worth more than 100K (or whatever.) and less than 1 million.

Right now the only option is to limit max price, but that means things are still unwieldy, in my experience.

• SI Staff
Add another notch on the "condense the international call-up" news... :)

Just to let you know - This is implemented in FMH2013 (not really giving away a feature as its not really 'news worthy' ... but I know a few of you have wanted this and tbh it WAS needed).

Pleeease SI, don't forget to add players like Lazar Markovic or Nicolas Blandi :)

It'd be awsome if they'd appear even with multiple leagues running. Last year we were able to sign Mateo Kovacic/Vaclav Kadlec/other youngsters from less known countries, only with one league loaded...

I would like to see a new screen under the manager performance screens, where you could have a year-by-year rundown of what happened each season. So it would be a table with columns like Season / Team / League Position / Cup Name / Cup Round / No of MOM / MOY (Y/N) / Hall of Fame Position. Then you could look back over a few seasons, and see how things have been going, especially in terms of league and cup success.

I actually keep my own performance record at the moment, but I sometimes forget to update it, like now, where I've just started my second season with Southport, and I know we finished 9th, but I can't remember what cup rounds we made it through to, because all the stats get wiped, and I only use one save slot (for realism).

• SI Staff
I would like to see a new screen under the manager performance screens, where you could have a year-by-year rundown of what happened each season. So it would be a table with columns like Season / Team / League Position / Cup Name / Cup Round / No of MOM / MOY (Y/N) / Hall of Fame Position. Then you could look back over a few seasons, and see how things have been going, especially in terms of league and cup success.

I actually keep my own performance record at the moment, but I sometimes forget to update it, like now, where I've just started my second season with Southport, and I know we finished 9th, but I can't remember what cup rounds we made it through to, because all the stats get wiped, and I only use one save slot (for realism).

This is something that's already been requested and we'll add another notch to it! Personally I'd love to see it...

Just read the scouting comments. Now it's most probable that development of fmh2013 is in advanced stages and far too late to actually influence any major changes.

Scouting; I don't personally send out my scouts in fmh as I tend to do player searches, then scout rests to get potential ability, which is how I base.my.purchase decisions.

Is only designate scouts to nations/regions if it would "ungrey" even a few players in that region, as in fm. But I sail close to the wind so will move swiftly on.....

Wld need to check; does rescouting a player ever turn up a likelihood of a player being injury prone. Wld be useful.

DO find sorting scouted players by current/potential ability very useful. Find that far more useful than being told.by my scout, in most cases, player is, or has potential to be, a "decent player."

I bet a lot of players never send their scouts out. May be like the PC game, if they've not been assigned for a period of time, they're automatically sent out. They can fins useful players so are not totally useless.

Thought of another thing which I know has been asked for in the past...the listing of the national U21s squads of the major nations. You read about a club targetting an U21 player in the news items but there's no other way to know who the game considers to be in an U21 squad. Even if the squad never plays any games, it would be good know who they are for scouting purposes.

Good to see more people asking for more post match media/ fan reaction. I said in the past this should have been included when the pre match odds were added. When you give Man Utd a good 4-0 thrashing you want the world to be talking about it. Oh yes! :D

There's still that problem of African players not going to the Nations Cup even though the game recognises that the tournament has taken place. Could the players just be made not available if it's too much trouble to play out the actual tournament? Although some players come home earlier than others.

Can we actually use the reserves team on FMH 2013 or am i getting it wrong. The players in the reserve team are just greyed out, i can view their stats and that about it. If i demote someone to the reserves team i can re-promote them if i want, but not so with these other players?

Also, can we have backward compatible saves with FMH 2012?

Lots of good ideas to improve what is, frankly, a great game finding the right balance of simplicity and features

My personal request would be around bringing youth players through - setting up youth academies around the world, allocating transfer budget to youth development and having a partner club to loan young players out to - all increasing chances of getting and bringing through your own academy players.

One hint I would love in future editions would be the ability to choose which non league teams get promoted. I would love to play with my local side but have only seem them promoted once after over 100 seasons playing the game in different saves

• SI Staff
If i demote someone to the reserves team i can re-promote them if i want, but not so with these other players?

This is currently the case but we're thinking about other interesting things we can do with them...

Also, can we have backward compatible saves with FMH 2012?

This unfortunately won't be possible in the foreseeable future, it would require a huge amount of work (there's a few threads discussing the difficulty of this on PC and it won't really be any easier on handheld).

• SI Staff
All I want is a longer game. I finished 30 seasons twice and got really into them and I was shattered when I finished.

Afraid if we make it any longer we'll start running out of memory on older devices :(

I'd like the possibility for a B-team to be created during a career. I played 30 seasons with Ceuta starting in segunda B, but going on the win the league and champions league etc multiple times. It would have been great if a B-team that could be promoted to the league system like Barcelona B, Villarreal B etc could be created for a team that is reasonably succesful. I guess this might only apply to the Spanish league.

Archived