FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
So can't you create an unlimited iPhone 5 version alongside the usual one?

Not at present - in a future version (ie. post FMH2013) I'm hoping to change the way the database in the game is handled to allow us to give newer devices more options with regards to what can be actively run/loaded in the game at any time ... but its a huge change and not something which can be rushed into.

International Loans! It would be good to receive loan offers for players from outwith your own country.

Agree - Especially if you have just the top league level active it is actually barely impossible to loan out reasonably! I guess this has been mentioned a lot and hopefully there will be an improvement soon. Better would be if the reserve team players get virtual stats due to involvement in a fictive U23 team at lower level.

Thank you

• SI Staff
Is there any chance of adding manager contracts on the handheld version so you can negotiate your own contract etc..

No - at present such a thing would be largely meaningless in the game; it'd have a very limited effect and not really add anything to the gameplay experience at all imho ... as such its not something I'm interested in adding to FMH.

If we did a game where you were a player and could spend the money etc. then it'd be worthwhile, but for a management sim ... no.

The use of the "swipe" screens need more work. Heres a couple of functionality ideas.

* Swiping left or right on squad takes you to either;

-Tactics, fixtures etc

-Reserves

-Another club in the same league

*Swiping through league tables would be a lot quicker.

*Being able to check player ratings after a match has finished when you go back to it.

*This is a little one but i've wanted it for years. You cant check a players stats on a match day so if a player scores against you and you curiously check their form you cant.

Marc is there any chance to add for FMi 13 the ability to watch cup (Chamions League, Europa League, Domestic) draws one team by one? It is an old but very amusing feature . Last year you told us that it was due to happen in a patch...

I very much doubt it. Real tactics change from game to game and are never solid. They are also more complex than FMH can imagine with a player performing roles of perhaps several tactical roles - such as a poacher AND target man but not a deep lying forward so not a complete forward.

Also tactics can change majorly throughout a season so may be correct initially but will be outdated by the time FMH2014 comes out (think Chelsea for this one, played a 433 then a 4231).

I would advise if you want to make a tactic based on a team to give it a go yourself as really all you have to do is watch a match they are successful in and you can normally pick up the outlines within the first half (I emulated over 15 successful Euro 2012 tactics normally within the first 20 minutes of a game then kept a refined watch over them).

Thank you for the reply, i just thought it might add some spice to the game, and imho it would add a little more pressure, a 'time limit' sort of thing, so for example you get a two year deal, but in the two years at the club you must win a trophy, otherwise you are gone.

AND you would have to stay at a club for a certain time, so you would be tied to a club for the duration... and it would make it a little harder to sack you.

Anyway i thought i would try to clarify my suggestion a little more, instead of leaving it at 'negotiate your own contract'.

Sorry to rant a bit but I want to make a point here....

For me, the whole point of a football manager game is to make it close to the real thing otherwise it's just a game that's "loosely based on" being the boss. So, deliberately omitting the following features not only makes it difficult to become immersed in the experience, it also seems to guarantee SI Games a business reason to release yet another minor update next year with a different date on it.

- Watch live cup draws. I'll bet no footy manager waits to hear by email what team he'll be playing in the CL quarter finals. Customers have been calling for this feature for 2 years now.

- Assign squad numbers. Doesn't add anything to gameplay but managers still do it so why isn't it in the game? If gamers don't want to do it then just put an auto-assign button at the bottom.

- Loans with a view to permanent deal. Been in football for years.

- A transfer system that works. This has been slated for many many years. Putting your players up for sale and getting no enquiries for over one in-game year is stupid. If I put Aaron Ramsey on the market there would be numerous enquiries pretty quickly in real life. Citing "high wages" doesn't work either as other clubs wouldn't know what money the player is on until after a bid is accepted and personal terms were discussed. The transfer system is just broken and doesn't reflect real life IMO.

Sadly, the minor update approach each year and the refusal to include key features that would make the management world more real means I won't be buying again until there is a change. For all it's faults, FIFA manager has some superb features that would propel FMHi to a new level if they were in the game.

Sorry if this has got anyone's back up, I didn't mean for that to happen. I hope this post has been useful.

I think what you've suggested is reasonable Sy. The game we're playing is essentially a tweaked version of the original PSP game from all those years back. I wonder if that causes too many limitations. But now with the Vita ready to take over and powerful smartphones and tablets on the market, it may be time to rewrite the game from the ground up! Yes I know, easier said than done. :D

Marc's said that ref's can have a bad game or become card happy during a game. But it's hard to know, for example, if the teams are playing rough or the ref's being over strict. If there were post match media comments were added to the game then they could include one liners about the referee performance.

• SI Staff
What is FIFA manager, I've heard it in the past but never seen it. Is it just fifa it a separate game all together? IMO Fifa doesn't hold a candle to FMH iOS

I presume he plays FIFA Manager on PC - as there isn't a version of that product on iOS to my knowledge.

Probably shout option in match?

Two thing I want to improve the most. the first is the animation in pitch view. Currently it is full of super long shot and super long distance drill, I know you trying too reduce CPU/GPU load but at least from the pitch you should be able to see you tactical, e.g. Long pass or short pass? Using winger or though middle?

The second is I hope there will be a improved/more detailed theme for iPad version. Not just scale up, as there is more space and pixel for you to display more detail, and probably better hardware in iPad. E.g. If I click a player, all the info(attribute, history, contract, etc.) can display in the same screen?

Like other said transfer clause will be a good idea.

And have an option to upload team badge/player faces from iTunes? I can now image the iPad screen with all player info and his face!

In the end, if there could have Chinese league then it is gonna be great! At least drogba is there! If you have I believe Chinese market is then open to you. Take a step ;)

Recent events makes me think there needs to be some tweaking in sacking criteria. I was managing Gandia. Had won Euro Cup and come second in league previous season. I was 7th and 7 points behind the league leaders and with about 15 matches left and still in Champs League and got sacked. Expectation was only Euro qualification.

Took over Chelsea at start of next season who'd won the English league. Expectation was only Euro qualification. I had a terrible run and was way out of league contention with a nearly half the games to go. Got knocked out of Champs league in first knockout round. So was doing far worse than AVB, yet I survived the season.

Yeah, so some tweaking needed there.

I don't want to see FMH become a complete clone of FM but the money issue has annoyed a bit on the handheld version.

I play it on Android on my phone so I don't know if PSP and IOS versions are greatly different but I'm surprised no one has mentioned they want to get money from ticket sales for their stadium and paid for friendly and cup matches. Right now it seems the only advantage of having a big stadium (40,000+) is that it makes it slightly easier to win home games. Imagine how much money you'll losing out on by not collecting a penny in ticket sales from that.

Also I found it annoying how stadiums instantly upgrade to double their size just by clicking. Couldn't you allow a bit of time for them to be built without jeapordising the FMH gameplay?

Edit: also in the Premiership now matter how well your team does you'll never get more than 77M which isn't a great deal of money when if you play Barcalona they can get over 100 (err I think)

And sometimes I hear that my club has had an injection of X million but I only get a tiny fraction of that for transfers where's the rest go there weren't even debts to pay??

Would it be possible to individually mark specific players on the other team with players on your team? It's a shame when I get a scouting report on the other team saying so and so is a great playmaker and all I can seem to do with that tactically is to press the entire team instead of one or two specific players. Also for what it's worth I'm plenty happy with the number and type of leagues already available.

Recent events makes me think there needs to be some tweaking in sacking criteria. I was managing Gandia. Had won Euro Cup and come second in league previous season. I was 7th and 7 points behind the league leaders and with about 15 matches left and still in Champs League and got sacked. Expectation was only Euro qualification.

Took over Chelsea at start of next season who'd won the English league. Expectation was only Euro qualification. I had a terrible run and was way out of league contention with a nearly half the games to go. Got knocked out of Champs league in first knockout round. So was doing far worse than AVB, yet I survived the season.

Yeah, so some tweaking needed there.

Ah, I should add that I had won the FA Cup with Chelsea and the club said that might be enough to save my job...but would winning the FA Cup and scraping a Euro League spot be good enough for the previous season's champions?! No way Roman woud stand for it.

We don't have anywhere near enough people buying the game in Turkey to even think about either of these...

the thing with the Turkish people is, there's millions of them living outside of Turkey in other EU countries....so, there should be a market interested in that league and one doesn't have to be of Turkish heritage to pick some interest in Turkish football.

On the PC game it is a great league to add to my game to get a shot early on in my career game at managing at a higher level and make myself a name.

There is one thing that gets me (sorry if it's already been posted in the 300+ posts). When searching for a player, say I want a Striker. I'll click movement, pace and shooting, set the minimum to 11 and then look. If there are no players, clearly my next move is to set it to 10. You can't do this on FMH, it's only a small feature but it bugs me. Also, being able to search for 2/3, 3/5 so Shooting and Movement 11 but Pace is 10 and he still pops up.

I'm sure the Variable League Reputation has been brought up, got Afan Lido to win the Uefa Cup (am I the only one that calls it that still?) and league is still just as poor as it was at the start.

I would like a bit more detail but I wouldn't like slower processing times so I'm gonna leave that to SI's discretion :)

More save game slots (sure its been asked).

Ability to sign Ass Man (too detailed?)

That's about it I think. As a Pick Up and Play, it's an amazing game!

Edit: FINANCES! I'm a massive numbers geek, I love balancing the books on full version, would love a small finances page with balance, income, expenses, salary, nothing major but just a little page :D

As well as the valid points being said, there is one thing which I haven't seen yet, and that's the amount of attributes for each player. I once searched for at least 15 agility without choosing keeper, and messi came up as the top result, so it would be great if you showed each and every stat, that would be great if it's added this year...

• 2 weeks later...

Great thought about finances legenary1 + also when it says "manchester united is now bankrupt" i want it to affect them so they have to sell players and cut contract prices because it would be very interesting to see big clubs become league 1 clubs over 10 years

How about chairman mode?

Its still football management, but in a different view. You can hire manager (in cheap or expensive price), can upgrade stadium, select kit color, choose the sponsor, change the name of the stadium or make a statue of someone,.... You can let the coach manage the team on his own or you make him follow your orders. Fans will have their own reaction when you did something.

How about chairman mode?

Its still football management, but in a different view. You can hire manager (in cheap or expensive price), can upgrade stadium, select kit color, choose the sponsor, change the name of the stadium or make a statue of someone,.... You can let the coach manage the team on his own or you make him follow your orders. Fans will have their own reaction when you did something.

Nay, nay and thrice nay. This feature's been talked about to death on the full fat version and the same point applies to the iOS one. It's Football Manager 2013 not Club Owner 2013, there are other games that allow this functionality (and there was FM Live.. RIP) and I for one certainly don't want to seem them creep into any version of FM.

Nay, nay and thrice nay. This feature's been talked about to death on the full fat version and the same point applies to the iOS one. It's Football Manager 2013 not Club Owner 2013, there are other games that allow this functionality (and there was FM Live.. RIP) and I for one certainly don't want to seem them creep into any version of FM.

Its a new game mode so dont worry. It wont affect the main game :D

I get this idea from the media these day. So much news about PSG, Chelsea, Man City owners, especially Abramovich. I mean its kinda fun to play. Think about u are an owner then u buy some cheap player and then bang, they play like a super star, and then u sell them to PSG, Man C with 10x price :D. Normally in manager game with this money u just can buy players, but in "chair man mode" u can upgrade the stadium, upgrade the youth academy, hire another manager or make a promotion. If FMH is a tactical game then this will be simulation game :D with more reaction from the fans. They will get angry, happy, or even protest.

• SI Staff
No chance of getting it into a multiplayer for IOS?, might have been asked before.

Yep it's been asked before. It's not currently on our list of priorities though as we do have a multiplayer function for PSP that has always taken way too much development time to maintain considering the tiny number of people who use it.

Yep it's been asked before. It's not currently on our list of priorities though as we do have a multiplayer function for PSP that has always taken way too much development time to maintain considering the tiny number of people who use it.

I see does the psp version mean vita or is that different?

Archived