[FM2012] FMUpdates FM12 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

Is there going to be a tutorial for International Competitions editing? The International Rules creator for the normal editor isn't that powerful, as you can't add a third place playoff, nor you can make that the host of the competition qualify automatically.

I really want to merge all America into one "European-style" confederation, with joint WC qualification and a 24-team America's Cup, with proper qualifying, so that you'll play more matches as a National coach.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sead it's in the fixtures rules

Interesting, SRKI, would you elaborate a little? I can't find anything in the fixture rules related to it. I might need it for future reference in other project as I have completely taken this one to another direction since I ended up merged the third divisions, and I lost track of the original file.

Riever & JBZ, thanks for your responses, Guys, I upload the file anyway, even though now I use it only for fun and exercise in setting various cups, rules, etc.. I have holidayed it for three seasons with no error, but I haven't tested it for playability, I would be very grateful if you can open it in the editor and point out any potential problem.

These are the links :

http://www.mediafire.com/?biyn9lz906h3h3g

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21018901/spanishadva.xml

(I have hard time to make myself sure it's the latest edit, there are hundreds of them in my folder:))

Hi everybody,

First of all, thanks to JBZ for his precious help.

I have another question about advanced rules and fixture dates. Example :

- A cup with 8 teams, so 4 games.

Is it possible to "say" with advanced rules :

- One of this 4 games will be played on 8 July.

- Another one on 9 July.

- Another one on 10 July.

- And the last on 11.

If it is possible, does anyone know how to do that ?

(Maybe we can do this with the "Fixture Dates" tab when editing the competition, but I don't understand how it works :/)

I have created a new league system for the USA, which is loosely based around the NFL structure. Now I have 3 stages to generate the league table, one which is a hidden stage that generates the fixtures, one which is a group stage, and one which is a calendar year table. The results from the hidden stage are used in the group and league table stage so you can have group and overall tables with the same points etc. I have the winner of the 4 groups plus the next best 4 teams from the overall table playing a playoff for the championship. Now this all works fine for the top division, which is great, but now I want to add lower divisions with promotion/relegation and here I hit a problem.

What I thought I would have to do is, in the overall stage, would be for the top division add some relegation rules, and for the lower division, add promoition rules. I simply have 8 relegated, and 8 promoted, but this doesn't seem to work. So my question is does anyone know why?

Interesting, SRKI, would you elaborate a little? I can't find anything in the fixture rules related to it. I might need it for future reference in other project as I have completely taken this one to another direction since I ended up merged the third divisions, and I lost track of the original file.

Argh, I realize now that you're talking about your squad registration problem not mine, sorry:D. I guess you can use reply with quote option sometimes:) But yes, of course it's in the fixture rule, and I failed to see that it's in a different box above the squad registration periods box, I am even trying it now, I don't remember it's there in 2011.

Hi everybody,

First of all, thanks to JBZ for his precious help.

I have another question about advanced rules and fixture dates. Example :

- A cup with 8 teams, so 4 games.

Is it possible to "say" with advanced rules :

- One of this 4 games will be played on 8 July.

- Another one on 9 July.

- Another one on 10 July.

- And the last on 11.

If it is possible, does anyone know how to do that ?

(Maybe we can do this with the "Fixture Dates" tab when editing the competition, but I don't understand how it works :/)

You can go with "Offset Dates"... set match 1 date on 8 July, and then, in ofset dates, set days offset to 0, 1, 2, 3.

Argh, I realize now that you're talking about your squad registration problem not mine, sorry:D. I guess you can use reply with quote option sometimes:) But yes, of course it's in the fixture rule, and I failed to see that it's in a different box above the squad registration periods box, I am even trying it now, I don't remember it's there in 2011.

Hmm it could be I forgot the ""

Yes it's above the registration window

Try it and tell me how it works for you

If you use TV Dates to move the matches you should be able to do this.

Thank you very much magic, it seems to work perfectly !

I have another question for the experts : is it possible to get all teams from a specific country, even if these teams have no division ?

Because when adding teams, we have "Get All teams from division", but can we get teams which have no division ?

Thank you very much magic, it seems to work perfectly !

I have another question for the experts : is it possible to get all teams from a specific country, even if these teams have no division ?

Because when adding teams, we have "Get All teams from division", but can we get teams which have no division ?

I'm not 100% if you can select teams from a nation. However, if you add all teams in that country to A Lower Division then you can select all A Lower Division teams with correct nationality.

I'm not 100% if you can select teams from a nation. However, if you add all teams in that country to A Lower Division then you can select all A Lower Division teams with correct nationality.

Even whith this solution, the game probably crash when you insert a customize league, where the teams of this nation are passed from A lower league to the new created competition, with a random ID.

Even whith this solution, the game probably crash when you insert a customize league, where the teams of this nation are passed from A lower league to the new created competition, with a random ID.

You could set the "lower division" as the club's secondary division. Then, even if you load a database where they're assigned to their normal division, they could still be pulled from the secondary division.

You could set the "lower division" as the club's secondary division. Then, even if you load a database where they're assigned to their normal division, they could still be pulled from the secondary division.

I see, but in this manner you will have, in the game, that the team champion will not enter in the cup, because for this nation a random team is taken for the cup from A lower division (and this team can be different from the team that wins the new created league)

EDIT: in any case i've done some test, but it seems that is not possible to get teams from the lower division, even selecting random teams

Thanks to all of you :)

I would do some tests when I solved my other problems ^^

For now, I'm trying to do that :

- First stage : 8 teams, 4 matchs.

- Winners qualify to next stage : groups.

For now, that's all I want to do.

But game crashed everytime :/

I guess I did not set correctly how teams qualify and / or how I get the qualified teams, but can't find my mistake(s)

If someone would like to take a look & check my file : Here it is

At the moment, I have individuated a method only to get teams from nations that have not a division setted, combining basic and advanced editor. First of all, I create a friendly pre-season cup with the basic editor, because it is easier to pick teams with "nations" and "teams" tabs in the continent. For instance, if I want to qualify the champions teams of barbados and cayman islands, I create a Cup named "Barbados-Cayman Islands Cup", with a single match setted in the pre-season, setted as friendly cup, and involving the top division champions of the two nations. The second step is to save this file with another name (or a second method can be to merge the database), erasing the continent rules created with the basic editor and then setting the continental competition I want with the advanced rules. In the "teams" tab I have to select "get the last winner" and "get the last runner up" from the created friendly cup, and I can obtain the two teams will qualify for the competition. With this method we have the necessity to set more friendly cups, depending to the number of nations we have to qualify. The only problem that I encountered is that seems that you cannot get teams from a new created competition with a random ID, so for the friendly cups I was obliged to modify extint competitions already in the database, in the manner they have a unique ID

to magicmastermind124 or anyone who can help me..

Hi, i just bought and installed my FM12 but i do not see any editor.. my link is up til as follows..

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2012

at 'football manager 2012' there is only one file.. no editor as per your post.. where can i get this rectified?

if can private msg me pls..

thanks

to magicmastermind124 or anyone who can help me..

Hi, i just bought and installed my FM12 but i do not see any editor.. my link is up til as follows..

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2012

at 'football manager 2012' there is only one file.. no editor as per your post.. where can i get this rectified?

if can private msg me pls..

thanks

You need to go into Steam and download it seperately. It's located in the 'Tools' section.

I've got some regional leagues with minimum and maximum numbers of teams set, to allow for uneven promotions/relegations. I've set the minimum number of teams to be 6 and the maximum to be 16 (there are 10 teams in each league to begin), but when I try to start a new game, I get the yellow triangle telling me that the league "requires a maximum of 6 teams, found 10". I've checked several times and the minimum is set to 6, maximum 16. I even tried switching them around, but, to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Solved it. I had "use min and max only" set. Unclicking that box seems to have solved it.

I've got some regional leagues with minimum and maximum numbers of teams set, to allow for uneven promotions/relegations. I've set the minimum number of teams to be 6 and the maximum to be 16 (there are 10 teams in each league to begin), but when I try to start a new game, I get the yellow triangle telling me that the league "requires a maximum of 6 teams, found 10". I've checked several times and the minimum is set to 6, maximum 16. I even tried switching them around, but, to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Can you work it along with the "required teams" in the nation tab? Like setting the minimum in the nation tab, and the maximum in the league setting, something like that. Not sure though, just a thought when not looking at the editor:)

Can you work it along with the "required teams" in the nation tab? Like setting the minimum in the nation tab, and the maximum in the league setting, something like that. Not sure though, just a thought when not looking at the editor:)

I woud have gone straight to trying that, except that I seem to have solved it. In the "required teams" section of the nation tab, I had checked "use min/max. teams only". When I unchecked it and reloaded, I was able to load the game. Now, all I have to figure out is how to get the leagues to show up. I've got the parent competition under the "Competitions" section, and I can choose it when I select which leagues to load, but the leagues don't show up when the "team selection" screen comes up.

I have a problem with a cup.

The cup work's fine, but to do it like real life, i have a problem with the 1º round

IRL i have 142 teams and have 62 games (124 teams) and 18 go to the next round without play, but if in this 142 are a "B" team (they can't participate) have 61 games (122 teams) and 19 go to the next round without play, if i have 2 "B" teams have 60 games (120 teams) and 20 go to the next round without play .........

Any idea?

Sorry my english

I have a problem with a cup.

The cup work's fine, but to do it like real life, i have a problem with the 1º round

IRL i have 142 teams and have 62 games (124 teams) and 18 go to the next round without play, but if in this 142 are a "B" team (they can't participate) have 61 games (122 teams) and 19 go to the next round without play, if i have 2 "B" teams have 60 games (120 teams) and 20 go to the next round without play .........

Any idea?

Sorry my english

What you need are versions of the cup with the number of teams - you'll need one version for 140, one for 141, one for 142...you can set up the competition so that it only loads if there are that many teams in the competition.

I have created a new league system for the USA, which is loosely based around the NFL structure. Now I have 3 stages to generate the league table, one which is a hidden stage that generates the fixtures, one which is a group stage, and one which is a calendar year table. The results from the hidden stage are used in the group and league table stage so you can have group and overall tables with the same points etc. I have the winner of the 4 groups plus the next best 4 teams from the overall table playing a playoff for the championship. Now this all works fine for the top division, which is great, but now I want to add lower divisions with promotion/relegation and here I hit a problem.

What I thought I would have to do is, in the overall stage, would be for the top division add some relegation rules, and for the lower division, add promoition rules. I simply have 8 relegated, and 8 promoted, but this doesn't seem to work. So my question is does anyone know why?

Could you please upload your file so I may take a look at it ? I am doing something very similar. Thank you.

This might be very easy to answer,

but I´m stupid enough to ask. So please put me in the correct direction.

I have created a very simple league from a nation not included as standard. As a starter I used the Create Nation Rules and filled in the most basic things. Dates, relegations, teams and so on.

I came to be more detailed, as trialist players and such and couldn´t find this in the normal editor.

I activated the advanced editor (and can load in many already made league without problems) and now wishes to make my already made league more advanced.

However I can´t "get it" under the List, even if I in the XML file changed to "adva".

My Q will then be (since I still see Nation Rules) do I have to start from scratch with a new file and not just the old former created file.

Another thing will be harder I guess to edit XML directly.

like this

<boolean id="trialists_can_play_in_competitive_fixtures" value="true"

Do I have to change the old XML-file in some way ??

I find even when having uneven divisions, the game tries to "rebalance" the leagues in the next league year, leading to alot of regional league switching, with some not making much sense. Not sure if setting divisions for teams at each level helps, but I instead went to the same number of teams/division in my most recent US league version, and it seems to work a bit better, with less switching. Still get some silly movements though, basically because there are many more teams on the East Coast than on the West Coast of the USA.

I'm having trouble with a cup competition with a league system I've created. Everything else (eventually) seems to be working fine, and the cup itself is set up correctly and plays our properly throughout the season with no errors. The problem is that the history and stats aren't being saved, so that throughout the season there's no data under team or player stats, and at the end it doesn't record in history the winning team or any other team performance details.

I've tried various combinations of settings that seem like they may have something to do with it, like setting fate action for the winning team in the final to champion, or setting the switch in the main competition to store stats, and yet at the end of the year it just rolls over with the last team in history continuing as holders and no entry being added to any team's history regarding how it did, either on honours pages or in the competition overview.

There's probably something exceptionally obvious I've missed, but I've been over it multiple times now and compared it to the standard file for competitions like the FA Cup and Coupe de France and everything seems as it should be.

Any suggestions?

[Posted this in a separate thread, but might get some help here (hoping!).]

Is it possible to create other teams (that function like) Great Britain?

Say, for example, a best of Europe, a best of South America, etc. Would be nice to have a (yearly) competition with the best players of each continent squaring off against each other.

Or am I just getting my hopes up?

Have you tried it how does it work?

Something other :

It looks like - simular to last year - that the regional Divisions you allocate (in the club/competition window)

don't work properly

I tested a bit around and found out , that when using the advanced rules , any changes to the clubs regional

divisions - won't have any affect.

Instead - the game uses the assigned regional divisions from the original DB

I wonder if it would be possible to bypass it.

What if you delete current leagues and create new ones?

It would assign ALL teams randomly

I give you an example from my DB :

KFC Uerdingen's (german club) regional Division : is the "german regional division north" (in the original DB)

Changing the regional division let's say to west - has no affect...the club will be assigned to north

When deleting the current leagues the game would like it to assign to "german regional division north"

But the league (or better the ID) isn't there so it will be assigned randomly

It really makes me sad that it doesn't work.

Hi, not sure if this is an advanced panel thing or a nation rule thing - maybe someone can shed some light for me - I activated levels 7&8 of England to put the regional first divisions as active. I tested all the nation rules and everything worked - then when I played the game as a side in the Isthmian Div 1 South, I signed a player on loan from my Conference Prem parent club and he is ineligible for all league games!? There isn't an opportunity to 'register' the squad like the higher tiers...and I can't find anything obvious in the editor I need to activate to make loan players eligible to play. As it is he played for one pre-season game and is now utterly useless to me for the rest of the season. Is there something obvious I could be missing, or would it be an advanced panel thing? I'm competent but not very whizzy in the editor and there doesn't seem to be an answer!

ThomasH - Thanks for your reply, I think I actually just found it, half hour after I posted (!) - I had been using the standard but I've just got onto the Advanced tab and found a box about squad registration - thanks anyway, ignore my question! Cheers

Is there a simple answer to the question why competitions do not update on the day that they should be updated for the next season?

To my knowledge, everything is set up correctly in my xml-file, but for some reason the game won't update. It doesn't freeze, but my competitions aren't updated, while the rest is.

Archived