[FM2012] FMUpdates FM12 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My giant problem is being able to chose teams for qualifying round excluding winner and 2nd classified of 2010 league.

Hope to solve this issue with you :)

I try to solved it but... I think that's impossible... :(

I think that the only way to solve it is making a hidden stage between the first and second classified and qualify them to final stage.

I try to solved it but... I think that's impossible... :(

I think that the only way to solve it is making a hidden stage between the first and second classified and qualify them to final stage.

It could be a solution, but how do you exclude them from qualifying round? Picking specific teams for that stage?

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6057/vodacomsuperleaguevista.png

The first and second classified in group A, both of them are qualified for next stage. I think that this is the best solution.

+ stage - Teams:

- Get last winner... Seeding method - All teams get same seeding - 0

- Get last runner up... Seeding method - All teams get same seeding - 1

- Get all teams from division... Max number of teams 12... Seeding method - All teams get same seeding - 2

+ stage - general - team order:

+ Now we must create individual group rules. The first group must have 2 teams, and both of them go to the next roud. The other three groups have 4 teams.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get a super cup to record winners (and pulling hair out is not a luxury I can afford). It's played every year, with the right teams. Under the history, the yearly records for attendance, highest score, most goals, et cetera, et cetera, record, but the past winners list and the holders bar at the top next to the competition don't (well, they do in 2012 but not in 2011 or any other year). I even copied and made basic edits to another cup I'd created that records everything properly and it STILL doesn't work!

I'm pretty sure I've tried everything, but if anyone has any other suggestions...

I am switching between a couple of different projects and I have another question.

I have succeeded in adding a playoff for the final Champions League spot, but there are two things I cannot seem to do.

The first is the rules section, where it still says the 4th spot qualifies for the Champions League. It does have another section listing the teams that make the playoff, but I'd like to remove the default qualification if it's possible.

The second is the league fates. Instead of getting the Q for qualified to my next stage, it is saying the 4th place team qualified for the CL, even though at the end they might not.

Any ideas?

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get a super cup to record winners (and pulling hair out is not a luxury I can afford). It's played every year, with the right teams. Under the history, the yearly records for attendance, highest score, most goals, et cetera, et cetera, record, but the past winners list and the holders bar at the top next to the competition don't (well, they do in 2012 but not in 2011 or any other year). I even copied and made basic edits to another cup I'd created that records everything properly and it STILL doesn't work!

I'm pretty sure I've tried everything, but if anyone has any other suggestions...

I had the same problem when I remade both the Concacaf and Afc champions league.. in my case, the problem was that the "fixture rules" index was setted to 0, while I do not created a rule in the continent section (it is strange however, but seems the competition does not end because it does not find the fixture rules..). When I created the rules (with index 0) in the continent section, the problem was solved. The same problem can be solved setting "fixtures rules" to -1 (if you do not want to create a fixture rule). Maybe this can be your case?... for a national supercup, it is the same, you have to create the fixture rule in the nation section, instead of continent...

I have a custom leage where the 9th placed will play in the relegation/promotion playoff together with 3 champions of the

3 regional divisions below.

Reserves or B-Clubs are forbidden to promote.

As long as all division levels (1-3) are active this works fine.

Now to the problem :

When the 3 regional divisions are inactive (i use get promotion playoff teams from lower division)

it often happens that a B-Team (which is not allowed to participate) will play in the playoff.

Is there a way to tell the Editor that Reserves are not allowed to play in the playoffs when the division below is inactive ?

I had the same problem when I remade both the Concacaf and Afc champions league.. in my case, the problem was that the "fixture rules" index was setted to 0, while I do not created a rule in the continent section (it is strange however, but seems the competition does not end because it does not find the fixture rules..). When I created the rules (with index 0) in the continent section, the problem was solved. The same problem can be solved setting "fixtures rules" to -1 (if you do not want to create a fixture rule). Maybe this can be your case?... for a national supercup, it is the same, you have to create the fixture rule in the nation section, instead of continent...

I've got fixture rules in the nation, which I've assigned to the competition, but I'll try setting them to -1 and see what happens...

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6057/vodacomsuperleaguevista.png

The first and second classified in group A, both of them are qualified for next stage. I think that this is the best solution.

+ stage - Teams:

- Get last winner... Seeding method - All teams get same seeding - 0

- Get last runner up... Seeding method - All teams get same seeding - 1

- Get all teams from division... Max number of teams 12... Seeding method - All teams get same seeding - 2

+ stage - general - team order:

+ Now we must create individual group rules. The first group must have 2 teams, and both of them go to the next roud. The other three groups have 4 teams.

It could be a good solution. Is it possible to hide the group A (or eventually group D) in groups table? Also I think it's impossible to avoid that first and second classified play any group match?

Anyway great solution!

The same problem can be solved setting "fixtures rules" to -1 (if you do not want to create a fixture rule). Maybe this can be your case?... for a national supercup, it is the same, you have to create the fixture rule in the nation section, instead of continent...

I have the same problem, I set "fixture rules" to -1 and it doesn't work :(

No, if you hide only the group A, then the league never finish.

One question... In your file the game records the last champs?

If I set the group as D (index 3) and hide it?

In my file I've set that only the final stage history is stored, not qualify round one.

If I set the group as D (index 3) and hide it?

Ups, I don't try this option... maybe...

In my file I've set that only the final stage history is stored, not qualify round one.

I did it too, but it not works :( Could you send me your xml file to take a look?

Hello lads,

Having massive troubles and would appreciate some help.

Have created a new nation, the top division is split into a Northern section & a Southern section.

I want a playoff system, top 4 teams from either division contesting the championship in a knock-out system.

The issue I have is say for example Team A finishes top of the Northern section, but loses in the first round of the playoffs, they will still go down as the winner of the Northern division.

Im after one overall champion, putting in the final the top northern team against the top southern team.

Also, much like the MLS, id like the overall winner, the runner up and the semi-finalists.. so on.. to enter into the Champions League/Europa League.. and so on.

I've created all this using the standard editor but am thinking it may need something tweaking with the advanced editor options.

I've tried to make all this as clear as possible and would really appreciate any help, will gladly upload the file if someone could take a look at it or if you have any guidelines for me to do the changes myself.

Thank you for reading and hopefully hear from some of you soon :) cheers guys.

Unfortunately not :(

I'm not able to hide group A (or D), because the flag is "hidden stage", then I think that you only can hide all the groups.

But I have a new idea...

You are right. Really, only stages can be hidden. So I suppose you solved stats issue.

I noticed that you accidentally made a double team, AS Dragons.

Yes, I made it!

The solution is:

Stage 0: Hidden stage, 4 groups, no fixtures. 2 teams on group A qualifies for final stage. 4 teams on group B, C and D qualifies for stage 1

Stage 1: 3 groups of 4 teams each.

Stage 2: Get qualified teams from stage 0 and 1.

Yes, I made it!

The solution is:

Stage 0: Hidden stage, 4 groups, no fixtures. 2 teams on group A qualifies for final stage. 4 teams on group B, C and D qualifies for stage 1

Stage 1: 3 groups of 4 teams each.

Stage 2: Get qualified teams from stage 0 and 1.

Very interesting, but how do I set the team choice in stage 1?

I suppose "get qualified teams from stage", Vodacom SL, 0 (hidden stage).... then?

I spent a lot of time to remake the North American Champions League, in order to pick the first three teams from my customise CFU caribbean club cup. Everything works well, but I'm going crazy to set USA and Mexican correct teams :(. In the real life, we would have: for Mexico winner of clausura and apertura in the group stage, runner-up of both clausura and apertura in the preliminary stage;

for USA: MLS winner and Supporters' Shield winner in the group stage, while in the preliminary stage MLS runner-up and US open cup winner.

I think it is not possible to have correspondence with the reality (unless I remake the MLS and the Mexican league with the advanced panel) so I want simply to pick the best four teams of the MLS and the best four of the Primera division of Mexico.

I spent a lot of days trying many combination but I was only able to pick the right best two classified teams, which are the only teams recorded in the hall of fame...

So my question is: there is any manner to tell the competition to pick two teams from the semifinal stage of the existing MLS (and two from the Primera Division play-off semi final), since the hall of fame do not recognize a third and a fourth for these competition?

Do you mean "get best teams from division" and "sort by last position"? It is the obvious solution, I already tried it. But, as other solutions, it works only for the first two classified teams. I think the problem is in the hall of fame, the game engine can not recognize a third or fourth ranked team, so the options based on the division ranking do not work. When I started to work on this file, initially the competition didn't pick the belizan champions because the premiership of Belize has not an hall of fame setted in the database. When I setted the history of the competition, with the winner for the 2010, it worked immediately..

How to get teams from the play-off semifinal stage? Anyone know the answer? :(

This is the file, if someone has the patience and the kindness to look.. I will be very gratefull, since I have not other ideas :(

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21082966/Concacaf+CL_test.fm12.xml

Desperate need of help lads.

I've created a new nation using the standard editor, no advanced rule changes.

Got 2 sub divisions, north and a south, playoff system in each league both containing 4 teams, winner of each being crowned champion.

I have a super cup at the end of the season to declare an overall champion, selecting one team from each league, but the super cup doesnt take the winner of the playoffs, just a random team which has been in the playoffs.

Also, the winner of the playoffs dont get selected for european competition, its the winner of the league (which in this case doesnt matter as their is a championship playoff)

If any one could help id be really thankful, cheers guys.

I just need a little help. I can't find the fixture rules anywhere. In what file are the fixture rules specified? The editor asks for a number and it tells me to look in the nation .xml file. However I can't find anything helpful in any file. Exactly where should I look for the fixture rules (In this case for the netherlands)?

Archived