[FM2012] FMUpdates FM12 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any way I can edit the maximum number of foreign players in an existing league ? Can it be done with the advanced editing and if so : how ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

In some countries you can do this without editing the structure of the league, download the comps.fmf file from the opening post and let me know when you've done that.

But in some countries you'll have to completely remake the league system using advanced rules.

In some countries you can do this without editing the structure of the league, download the comps.fmf file from the opening post and let me know when you've done that.

But in some countries you'll have to completely remake the league system using advanced rules.

I would like to edit the Belgian first and second division.

I'm afraid that you'll have to remake the entire system. Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong though.

I don't have the time for a remake. I assumed it would just be a minor setting that I missed somehow, but apparantly it's a big deal not to limit the nr of foreign players. (or to remove that limit)

Hi guys

(especially magicmastermind)

Ok is this my "big" German lower leage file :

(which activates the german 4th and 5th tier)

The problem with this file is...that it won't add any extra teams to the 5th Tier

after the season so that i see 5times Bayern Munic (and other teams) in the

league

I looked into it and into it...i can see nothing what could be wrong

The 4th Tier (it also gets many extra teams) ...is working correctly.

If someone would be so kind to take a look at it...or just has a hint for me

i would much appreciate it

Meanwhile i am pretty sure that there is something wrong with the editor.

I would say i have located the error to 99 %

It looks like that tier 5 doesnt know where to relegate its teams even if i defined that.

(and it it/was correctly saved to the xml-file)

After patch 12.04 i see some other oddities.

Now the 4th tier clubs get their extra teams from THAT POOL that was defined for the 5th tier

that means the 4th tier is now working incorrectly also

It looks like that tier 5 doesnt know where to relegate its teams even if i defined that.

Now the 4th tier clubs get their extra teams from THAT POOL that was defined for the 5th tier

I think you could be right about an editor issue-

having similar problems with the Swiss League (Basel etc entering the 5th level instead of the correct teams), and can't find anything wrong with the file - even tried setting league fates to relegate 4th level teams to the 5th level, no 5th level teams get promoted...

I have recreated the Italian championships until the sixth level (Excellence), but I have a problem that occurs at the beginning of the second season:

if I go to click on one of the teams in the sixth level, the game seems to freeze and will not let me do anything.

If I load only the first 5 levels, this problem does not occur.

Have you any suggestions?

hepl me!!!! please!!!!

Please could somebody have a look at this?

http://www.box.net/shared/glp76mk1gdt0i24a9xsh

It's the COSAFA Under-20 Championship, the games appear on the calendar properly and on the menu, unfortunately the fixtures don't appear and are never played.

As I looked it, there are plenty of mistakes. I will look later today and modify it. ;)

Found something. The regionalligas and Oberligas in the first year don't have any relegation set so they don't know where to get the extra teams. Add relegation rules but put it to zero teams being relegated and the problem stops. Tested it myself.

Thank you very much Reiver for looking at it

I tried this also (with another building ,to be honest that was one of the 1st things i did)...but it didn't work either.

If it still doesn't work, I?ll send you the file with the changes I made.

• SI Staff
As I looked it, there are plenty of mistakes. I will look later today and modify it. ;)[/quote

Thanks, the '^M's were not in the original files, I'm not sure why they appear.

As I looked it, there are plenty of mistakes. I will look later today and modify it. ;)

Thanks, the '^M's were not in the original files, I'm not sure why they appear.

I looked at it, and I made it playable. Everything was fine, but winner could not be recorded, so I will, later today, when I am home after college:D, create totally new edit and you will be able to modify it.

LOL

it works !!

Do you know what i didn't try...

the removing of "teams added to child competition" ....that was the trick ( i tried it one time but only with the Bayernliga)

i used it that way since last year - with my 2010/2011 file and it worked.

What shall i say....

@Reiver 100.000 thanks ...

u rescued me of 1000 more useless tries -:) (cause i know i never would have checked this)

p.s. damnit i would like to spend you a drink or something like that... but it's hard over the internet -:)

What would be "child competition" in the advanced panel?

@ Blue Lou

Here is your project - COSAFA U20 Challenge. LINK

As you can see, I recreated it from scratch, to show you how to deal with it. You can change it, modify, whatever you want. It is played with 14 teams, 4, 3, 3, 4, semi, final. No third place match. I had to do so.

There is only one issue I can not solve.

Apparently, if competition is played every year - it does not record winner. If it is played every second (or plus) year - it records winner.

I got the same problem. I've created Spanish Third Division including the complex promotion system using the advanced panel and I don't know where is my bad. I can start new game selecting Spanish Third Division but there is no fixtures.

Here is my edit file: esp

magicmastermind124 could you help us?

Can anyone help me? It says "not fixtures scheduled yet".

It doesn't working for me. I downloaded the format.xml, and put it in Format folder in football manager 2012 editor, and I have seen 'file', but there is nothing after i changed in 'FMUpdates England Levels 7 & 8 - Southern, Isthmian & Northern Leagues' in xml file 'files' on 'adva'. Nothing changed. Also, I have UTF-16, not UTF-8!

There is just option 'add', and it's working to add new one (empty one). But if I wanna open eng.xml in Resource Archiver 2012 or v6.0 FMUpdates FM2012 England Levels 7 & 8.xml - it's doesn't working. In FM11 I can open any file, but here not.

FMUpdates.png

The Editor Guides

Part 1

Activating the Advanced Rules

It has always been my aim to release a guide for the Advanced Rules, but I kept falling at the first hurdle. It seems that I was attempting a glossary of all the settings, which is not an easy task. So instead I will split a new series for The Editor Guides into several parts that will start from the very basics of how to activate the Advanced Rules, to the very complex competition rules that many of you want to implement.

I must distress however that when many people ask how to do something and are told they must use the Advanced Rules, I really feel sorry for them. Using the Advanced Rules can feel like you’re having a nightmare. Don’t expect a walk in the park – obstacles will be in your way at almost every step of the file you are working on. I’ll be sharing my experiences and ways to avoid making mistakes so that you avoid the many frustrations that many others have suffered!

Many of you have downloaded my FM2011 and the FM2012 Advanced Rules Activation for the FM Editor. This years version is different however as SI have tried to stop people from being able to activate the Advanced Rules. This is to curb the amount of crashes there are in FM due to the community creating Advanced Rules competitions. While being able to download a file and have the Advanced Rules activated for you is convenient, it takes away the manual activation process which can come in useful later on.

Before we start, I’m going to recommend you download a program called Notepad++. Unfortunately I cannot name an alternative for the Mac. This program is just like notepad on your computer except it has many additional features, such as highlighting text for a file saved in a specific format. The website can be found at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/. Download the latest version before you carry on. You’ll also need to download the Editor from Steam. You can find it in the Tools section of your Library. Your Library defaults to showing you All Games – change this to Tools and you can download the optional FM tools, the Editor and the Resource Archiver.

When you open the Editor for the first time, you’ll notice that it looks the same (other than the skin of course) to the FM2011 version – you have File, About, Details and Validation in the file section. The one added button you have is for International Rules and the extra options in File and Settings are to Generate Media Sources and Journalists from old EDT files and to Save a Backup of your files. There is no List section, which is for the Advanced Rules List. Let’s set about finding the file to activate this.

You need to navigate to the following folder on PC:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012 editor\data\format

From here we need to edit the format.xml file. If you’ve installed Notepad++ it should open the file for you. Notepad++ tells you the Line number you are on, and allows you to minimise some of the sections of the file. The code for the Advanced Rules List can be found from line 62 to line 78. We need to move this section so it lies in the File Information section. Highlight everything from line 62 to 78 and cut the information (using CTRL+X or right click and Cut). I usually place the information after the Validation section which is after line 127. Click on the end part of Line 127 and press Enter. From here you can Paste the information in (CTRL+V or right click and Paste). Usually from here you would be able to save the file and load the editor up. This was the main activation for FM10 and FM11 but it doesn’t work for FM12.

Your Advanced Rules Section should now lie from line 128 to line 142. The additional step for FM12 activation lies in changing the code in line 132 (<flags id="field" value="files"/>) to the following (<flags id="field" value="adva"/>). I’ll run through the complications of this.

The editor does load up the information when you move the code over but unfortunately just doesn’t display it. Changing the code to ‘adva’ from ‘files’ enables you to see what you are doing. However this code only works in the editor. If you made something in the Advanced Rules now and loaded it up in the game, it wouldn’t be recognised.

In the next part I’ll show you how to change some of the in game rules and some of the basic steps you should take when you are building something using the Advanced Rules. Until then, have a look around the Advanced Rules in your editor.

OK guys, first time in the advanced rules section on FM12 and I'm trying to build an apertura and a clausura structure for Venezuela. There are a couple of problems with it though. The main one is that the final never occurs.

I was just wondering if anyone who has a little more experience with the AP would mind taking a look at the file and fixing it up for me, pointing out what you've done and why you've done it.

File

That would be great, cheers.

Try this

In Stage 2 >>>>>>*team* tab ...you didnt set the "top position" for team from stage 0

if still not working

change *get league stage team* >>>>to>>>>>*get qualified teams*

add in *general* tab >>>>>>>> series rules (final round ) *only play cup tie if winner and loser differ*

good luck

Thank you magic for the guide!!!

A little and maybe stupid question: the advanced panel may enables international, continental and national competitions using one single file dbc/xml? Or is it needed have multiple files like required by the normal editor?

Thank you magic for the guide!!!

A little and maybe stupid question: the advanced panel may enables international, continental and national competitions using one single file dbc/xml? Or is it needed have multiple files like required by the normal editor?

You can do it all with one xml file.

Archived