[FM2012] FMUpdates FM12 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

i have been struggeling to create a tournament with the advanced panel for sometime know. When i create a competition via the advance rules the competition created never takes affect in the game. Is this because after creating these competitions/rules i need to do or add something afterwards to make the competition actually appear in the game?

In addition to creating a competition, you need to create an entry for the nation or continent the competition is in (i.e., you need to create a nation entry for England if the competition is an English competition). When you create a nation entry, there's a section where you indicate which competitions are associated with the nation. This is where you would add your created competition.

As I understand it, if you leave large sections of that nation/continent entry blank, it will use the standard settings already in the database. But you would need to add every competition to the list that you want, even if you haven't created them and want to use the standard settings.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to make a competition with 2 league stage, First stage have 10 teams and will qualify 6 teams to second stage league.

My problem is that i wanna qualified team's first stage result will be inherited to second stage.

I try to use "Process result into stage" in "league setting", but didn't work.

If the number type 0, it will crash when i create game. Typing 1 or other number can create game,but doesn't work.

Anyone know how to make it ? or know any file in comps.fmf. (I tried to open world cup euro qua. for Best Second Team) but it is empty.)

More Information

Some people have PM'd myself and opened several threads asking questions about Advanced Rules. SI do not provide support the Advanced Rules as they haven't activated it for us. Please post all your questions regarding Advanced Rules in this topic as it will help declutter the forums and also provide invaluable information to those studying how to use the Advanced Rules.

Some in game competitions are editable. You can find these either by extracting the contents of the comps.fmf file (Found in C:/Program Files (x86)Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/data) with the Resource Archiver or you can download the files below. You need WinRAR to unrar the files.

DOWNLOAD comps.fmf files from 12.0.0

DOWNLOAD comps.fmf files from 12.0.2

Will you be updating the comps.fmf when SI update FM12 as it looks like updates will happen more often with 12.0.3 being released already.

Regards

---

To vote and provide feedback on my general discussion topic to introduce Staff Roles and Duties into FM Series please click on my provided link to do so http://bit.ly/u8WoDS

Hi magicmastermind ,

well i tried to start a small mini file for germany - and of course.... it's crashing

So i downloaded your FM Update file - set it to adva - and loaded it into the editor -

to see how you did it.

The Problem is now : I can't see the changes done under "LIST" - all is blank.

What do i have to do to see your changes ?!

(I can see the changes done under "DETAILS" but nothing else...i replaced the format.xml of course and can see the LIST-SECTION

in my own file but not in yours)

My 2nd Question is :

last year there was a small logfile that told you what possibibly is wrong.

Is it possible that FM 12 doesnt create a log anymore ?!

Thx much -:) !

I have a problem I really don't know how to solve. I'm trying to make the latvian league system playable but there is a major issue. In 2011 there are 9 teams competing du to one team dropping out in the preseason. Next season there will be 10 teams in the premier division again. Usually the team at the bottom of the table gets relegated and the 9th placed team gets to play off against the 2nd placed team in the league below. However, due to the team dropping out, the relegation spot was taken away for the 2011 season. So my question is if there is a way to implement this in the game and if so, how?

I cant load the adva rules and the db changes at once i.e. I load the db changes first and than try to merge it whit the adva rules file and the rules aren't there tried it backwards but no luck also tried it all in one file but no luck any solutions

I have a problem I really don't know how to solve. I'm trying to make the latvian league system playable but there is a major issue. In 2011 there are 9 teams competing du to one team dropping out in the preseason. Next season there will be 10 teams in the premier division again. Usually the team at the bottom of the table gets relegated and the 9th placed team gets to play off against the 2nd placed team in the league below. However, due to the team dropping out, the relegation spot was taken away for the 2011 season. So my question is if there is a way to implement this in the game and if so, how?

Yes you can impliment different versions of leagues to run in specified years. As part of this you can set additonal or less teams to compete in the league over a number of years.

Have you downloaded the advanced editor and started making a league?

I cant load the adva rules and the db changes at once i.e. I load the db changes first and than try to merge it whit the adva rules file and the rules aren't there tried it backwards but no luck also tried it all in one file but no luck any solutions

Newer mind got it working

Yes I have downloaded the advanced editor and started working on it. The only solution I was thinking about was to create two entries for the highest league just like what you said. I will work some more on it and se how it goes. And one more question, when I start a new game in FM I can allways choose when to start the game. For example in July (Italy) or in February (Sweden). Can I change this myself somewhere? I have tried to mess around in both copetitions and nations in the advanced panel but so far all I have seen is when to start new season or the time for the offseason.

There's a new selection in the Teams tab: "Get youth setup teams", where you can choose between B team, C team, u20, u19, etc... but unfortunately it's not working properly. The competition is not scheduled because there are no teams in it...

I try to make a competition with 2 league stage' date=' First stage have 10 teams and will qualify 6 teams to second stage league.

My problem is that i wanna qualified team's first stage result will be inherited to second stage.

I try to use "Process result into stage" in "league setting", but didn't work.

If the number type 0, it will crash when i create game. Typing 1 or other number can create game,but doesn't work.

Anyone know how to make it ? or know any file in comps.fmf. (I tried to open world cup euro qua. for Best Second Team) but it is empty.)[/quote']

Try looking in the argentina top division file or African Nations Cup qualifiers 2010 in comps.fmf (although I have to admit, I looked at these for my own problem, and couldn't understand)

Is there any way to read the crash dump files to work out what is causing a crash in a file?

I've been struggling for the last two days to get the Swiss League working:

It's quite complicated, as a new level between the second and third (and therefore henceforth fourth) level starts from 2012/13.

Normally I get a crash dump on the season update day:

I though i had success at one stage as everything seemed to be working for the new season, until I noticed that all the top division teams had moved into the new fourth level, and the top level was empty and not setting up.

I changed one thing to try and correct the top level, and the update day crash returned..aaargh!

...So if I can read the crash dump, maybe I can figure out the issue...

Is there any way to read the crash dump files to work out what is causing a crash in a file?

I've been struggling for the last two days to get the Swiss League working:

It's quite complicated, as a new level between the second and third (and therefore henceforth fourth) level starts from 2012/13.

Normally I get a crash dump on the season update day:

I though i had success at one stage as everything seemed to be working for the new season, until I noticed that all the top division teams had moved into the new fourth level, and the top level was empty and not setting up.

I changed one thing to try and correct the top level, and the update day crash returned..aaargh!

...So if I can read the crash dump, maybe I can figure out the issue...

Ok, managed to stop the crash dump, but still the problem with super League clubs migrating to 4th level after first season.

If anyone fancies a challenge and wants to give me a hand, it's uploaded here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20944611/swiss+first+league+with+second+try+no+stage.xml

Try looking in the argentina top division file or African Nations Cup qualifiers 2010 in comps.fmf (although I have to admit, I looked at these for my own problem, and couldn't understand)

Thank you for Information. I have saw the argentina top division file, but it is a little different with my idea. I tried based on it, two problems happened.

1. If i use qualification or top playoff to get second phase team, the board competition confidence will show "XX League 1st phase" not just "XX League"

2. If i use get league stage teams to get, it need require stage 0 end to get right team. Then it won't cause Problem 1. But have other problem.

Year League Table would mark on Champion's mark after stage 0 end. Although all stage end, the Top team would still be recorded as the holder.

But the C mark still on wrong team. (Unless the winning team also won the first stage)

I will try to find new way.

Well, i don't quite get this.

All I want to is to go into the editor and to changes the rules of the Danish leagues without having to start over.

I used your guide for advanced editing - still not possible.

I used the comps.fmf files, still not possible.

I can't see the point with the "lists" option in the editor. It looks like more or less the same as the "create new rules" guide in the editor - what am I missing?

What am I doing wrong?

Well, i don't quite get this.

All I want to is to go into the editor and to changes the rules of the Danish leagues without having to start over.

I used your guide for advanced editing - still not possible.

I used the comps.fmf files, still not possible.

I can't see the point with the "lists" option in the editor. It looks like more or less the same as the "create new rules" guide in the editor - what am I missing?

What am I doing wrong?

I guess that you forget to read "PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR EDITS!" in first post

I read most of it but it didn't make sense

Edit: There is no answer in this post for the following question: How do you view and edit the existing league rules (i.e. number of teams in league, teams, cup dates etc.) without starting all over? If you use the in-editor guide you can add divisions and only edit those, not the original. That is so frustrating. Cannot se how the "list" part of the editor fixes this. Maybe it's not possible ... or what?

I've been looking into editing transfer windows (specifically, removing them from certain leagues). I was hoping that the advanced rules might help with this, but I can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere in the editor. Any advice?? thanx

P.S. I can find the transfer window area when I create a NEW 'nation rules' but can I edit an existing one??

I read most of it but it didn't make sense

Edit: There is no answer in this post for the following question: How do you view and edit the existing league rules (i.e. number of teams in league, teams, cup dates etc.) without starting all over? If you use the in-editor guide you can add divisions and only edit those, not the original. That is so frustrating. Cannot se how the "list" part of the editor fixes this. Maybe it's not possible ... or what?

load league file to change or create a new league in list. then change the vision to 2 or large.

load league file to change or create a new league in list. then change the vision to 2 or large.

Sorry, it still doesn't make sense.

Stages:

1) I load the editor

2) I load the database

3) I load the xml comps.fmf file for danish Superliga

3) I go back to "lists" and hits "add"

4) Some random league pops up. I change it to Danish Superliga

5) I change the version to 2, save it and load it

6) Nothing happens, I cannot see the default rules and cannot change them

Sorry to be such a noob about this, but I don't think it's that straight forward

Sorry, it still doesn't make sense.

Stages:

1) I load the editor

2) I load the database

3) I load the xml comps.fmf file for danish Superliga

3) I go back to "lists" and hits "add"

4) Some random league pops up. I change it to Danish Superliga

5) I change the version to 2, save it and load it

6) Nothing happens, I cannot see the default rules and cannot change them

Sorry to be such a noob about this, but I don't think it's that straight forward

Before loading the Danish Superliga comps.fmf file, you need to open it up in a text editor (e.g. Notepad), and change the line from 'files' to 'adva'.

Then save (make sure to save as an xml file, not a txt file), and try step 3 again.

You don't need to add lists, as there should already be something visible there.

Oh My God, I find out a serious problem. All my country players have been Been identified as foreign. I all use go on holiday before, therefore I didn't find problem out.

I did read the Reiver's Cyp league file, But can't find any wrong in nation tab, even if i copy it (beside of league and country).

If i use official editor to create game it won't happened. <(QqQ)>

Any idea? Thank you

2crsfh4.png

@Magicmastermind

here is my file...it would make me proud if it is in your list above.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3845329/AGL-V1.29.dbc.html

What does it do ?

Playable german Regional Divisons (Lvl 4)

German Regional Reallocation for seasons 2012/2013+ (the divisions change 2012/2013 from 3 to 5 Regional Divisions)

Real Fixtures for Divisions 1-3

Ability to start with the REAL current standings in germany (up to 30.10.2011)

More realistic U19 Divisions (only 3 at the moment - normally 7)

Some "after release" transfer updates

If you remember me from last season...you helped me making this "german reallocation"

But this year i have problems getting the 5th Tier in.

Even if i mark "add extra teams" to the divisions...no extra teams will be loaded...only in the 1st group (of 11)

The version i linked is fully working (but only up to lvl 4)

Hi magicmastermind ,

well i tried to start a small mini file for germany - and of course.... it's crashing

So i downloaded your FM Update file - set it to adva - and loaded it into the editor -

to see how you did it.

The Problem is now : I can't see the changes done under "LIST" - all is blank.

What do i have to do to see your changes ?!

(I can see the changes done under "DETAILS" but nothing else...i replaced the format.xml of course and can see the LIST-SECTION

in my own file but not in yours)

My 2nd Question is :

last year there was a small that told you what possibibly is wrong.

Is it possible that FM 12 doesnt create a log anymore ?!

Thx much -:) !

Hi magicmastermind, I have the same problem, I can't see the changes done under "LIST" ....

I have recreated the Italian championships until the sixth level (Excellence), but I have a problem that occurs at the beginning of the second season:

if I go to click on one of the teams in the sixth level, the game seems to freeze and will not let me do anything.

If I load only the first 5 levels, this problem does not occur.

Have you any suggestions?

I have recreated the Italian championships until the sixth level (Excellence), but I have a problem that occurs at the beginning of the second season:

if I go to click on one of the teams in the sixth level, the game seems to freeze and will not let me do anything.

Not exactly, but I'm having similar issues whne adding lower levels:

If I add the fifth level to Switzerland the games crashes on season update day.

If I stick to the fourth level, no such problems

BUT the Swiss Super league teams are playing in both the top and fourth levels as no teams are being promoted from the inactive fifth level!

Majorly frustrating, I can't understand what is stopping the fifth level teams being picked up

...I am wondering if there is a problem with adding lower divisions to existing structures;

I assume you are using the comp.fmf files to create the existing levels of the italian structure?

Perhaps there is some conflict between one of the hidden rules in the comp.fmf files and your new sixth level (maybe qualification for a cup?)

Hi guys

(especially magicmastermind)

Ok is this my "big" German lower leage file :

(which activates the german 4th and 5th tier)

The problem with this file is...that it won't add any extra teams to the 5th Tier

after the season so that i see 5times Bayern Munic (and other teams) in the

league

I looked into it and into it...i can see nothing what could be wrong

The 4th Tier (it also gets many extra teams) ...is working correctly.

If someone would be so kind to take a look at it...or just has a hint for me

i would much appreciate it

magicmastermind can you help me?

Can anyone work out why my competition isn't working, it now shows up in game but doesnt schedule any fixtures

here it is

I got the same problem. I've created Spanish Third Division including the complex promotion system using the advanced panel and I don't know where is my bad. I can start new game selecting Spanish Third Division but there is no fixtures.

Here is my edit file: esp

magicmastermind124 could you help us?

Archived