dafuge's FM12 challenge

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 2 - 2013/14 – Blue Square Bet North

Preseason - Media Prediction: 6th

League Table | Progress | Squad | Transfers

The season took a while to get going, struggling to find a striker that knew how to put the ball in the net. A gentle rise to the top of the league was achieved by the 23rd game of the season, but ultimately it turned out the peak came too soon and the season finished with a slump.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North          4th           Reached play-offs 
2013/14         Blue Square North          9th           Reached FA Cup 1st round 

Targets for new season:

1. Escape the division

2. Find a GK that can achieve a decent average rating

3. Expand the scouting range

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manager 44 reporting for duty. Tired, hungover, can't be bothered with lots of screenshots.

Carshalton Athetic - Season 2015/2016 - League Two

sponsored by Sports Direct

Final position: 1st

Table

Transfers

FA Cup: 3rd round hammering at home to Aston Villa, who ran out 6-0 winners with Delfouneso scoring 5. TV money and gate receipts softened the blow.

League Cup - 5-2 first round defeat at home to Coventry City.

Best result: 7-0 Win against Southend in the Auto Windscreen Painters Trophy

Worst result: Villa above

Top goalscorer: Enric Valles 24 (20 in the league)

Most assists: 18 Ozy

Highest Average rating: 7.59 Enric Valles

2014-15 Season Review:

I'm stunned. League Two turned out to be a cakewalk. We didn't lose until Christmas - although bizarrely this was a rout at Walsall - but by then we were 20 points clear at the top of the table and nearly 30 points clear of the playoff cut off. Promotion was secured with 9 games left and the title with y games remaining. In direct contrast to last season, we were defensively superb but struggled at times to score at the other end. Cup competitions were more or less in line with expectations. I'd dearly love a plum home draw at some point soon, that would allow me to improve my facilities. It was actually a painfully dull second half of the season (I'm writing this with 10 games of the season still to go because I'm bored).

Player of the season:

Funny, in a season like this nobdy actually stood out.

Youth prospects

Stunning youth intake this year. Three kids all touted as having Championship potential. Not sure why my kids are so multinational

Wayne French

Matt Walshe

Paul Abbott

In demand:

I was offered the Swansea City job mid-season, they sat 20th in the Premiership. That'd have been a great job in a different game!

Sheffield Wednesday and MK D*ns also came calling. Taking over MK and sending them back to where they should be would also be an amusing diversion, but alas.

Edit: Newly relegated Wigan also just came a-knocking.

Moustache Update

2016-17 Season Preview:

I have no idea what to expect. 3 league titles in 3 years should make me confident, but I suspect League One will give a stern challenge. Our infrastructure is terrible, we can't scout beyond our borders. Surely that'll catch up with us soon?

Oh and Lucas nearly got crowned the best player in the world. I love FM sometimes.

Edit: Wahey - just been given an £18k wage budget for next year and Wycombe won the play off final to come up with me. Bring on next season.

GOM

A number of players i would suggest taking a look at, all would both trial and sign for me on your save and i think that they will have an impact

- Kenneth From

-Ludvig Linderholm

- Andreas Nielsen

-markus Geiger

- todd wells

- Tommy Chaplin

-Emmanuel Poku

wouldnt say they world beaters for sure but good alrounders in their positions

#79 Hastings United - End of Season 2 - 2013/14

HastingsUnited.png

Table - Squad - Profile - Transfers

The aim was to remain in the division, and that happened, just about. A mixed season where I just couldn't get a decent run together. Just lacked quality against the better teams and some silly results against weaker teams. Happy to get out of the season and finished 17th after winning 2 of the last 3 games.

Going into next season I'm targeting mid table with a sneaky look at a playoff spot. The finances are worrying though at -170k, and that was £600 under wage budget too! (hopes for buyout)...

Player of the season was the new boy Joe Wright although nobody really impressed.

My Career:

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Season[/TD]
[TD]League[/TD]
[TD]Position[/TD]
[TD]Notes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2012/13[/TD]
[TD]Blue Square South[/TD]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]Promoted[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013/14[/TD]
[TD]Blue Square Premier[/TD]
[TD]17th[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014/15[/TD]
[TD]Blue Square Premier[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

How early on in pre-season? I find the big teams don't organise any friendlies til late July/early August. If you can get a tournament in around the first week of July you should be able to get some Premiership or Championship teams interested (not the biggie teams, ones like Middlesborough size - apologies to any Boro fans!).

You're a champion my friend. Made 1.8 mil (aus) in friendlies! Im back in the black for the first time. Now i just need to wait until the board will talk finances with me...

Crispypaul (no.52)

Bradford Park Avenue

bradfordpa.png

2013/14

Blue Square Bet Premier

League: 1st

Another good season as we just pipped Luton to top spot.

FA Cup: 3rd round

Pretty decent, Stoke just about beat us.

FA Trophy: Winners

An excellent win over a massive crowd against Luton also helped the finances.

Key Players:

Zah Ansah - signed partly through the season, a quality striker

Thomas Cruise - was a "top gun" at let back (sorry)

Josh Dawkin - top notch left winger

Lauri Dalla Valle - excellent creator up front

Aims for season

- Try not to get relegated!

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13       BSN                 1st                        Champions, Promoted
2013/14       BSP                 1st                        Champions, Promoted, FA Trophy Winners

Harrowborough.png

Meet the new manager of Harrow. More or less my local team, this team is in fact based almost directly next to a school I applied to for a teaching post earlier this year. A friend of mine got the post and in fact in the end three of my fellow trainees ended up working there. Conveniently situated between the boroughs of Northolt and Ruislip, in the far reaches of West London, this will now be my home in FM for the rest of the season.

Their crest isnt as striking as the Worksop one, which annoys me, nor can I find one of an equivalent size. But oh well.

EDT: Just realised I am the one Harrow manager. I like this.

I'm at my wit's end. Please help folks.

That's my game, tell me what I have to do differently?! I have a doctors appointment shortly, wont be back till about 8-9 tonight after food too. Anyone who has any ideas about what I'm doing one, send me a private message please! If it's long and complicated, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address!!

Not that i'm in any position to say how to be more successful but i went to player search, ask ass man to filter unrealistic targets, and found a DC, Lee Archibald who the scouts rate as better than your current centre backs and accepted the offer of a non-contract. However most of the available players are 18 or 19 and thus not very good atm but might be in a few years. This is what happened to me last year when I went as Evesham (even lower rep than Worksop!). I lost in the play-offs three straight years and my rep was still the worst in the division and barely any decent players wanted to sign. But the longer players went without a club the more chance I had of getting them to the table - usually some of the premiership youth rejects let go in July would begrudgingly start listening to my offer around March. I can definitely sympathise with the frustration!

EDIT - never mind I saw you restarted.

Crispypaul - Great Season. Thomas Cruise is a great signing. Can't believe he still a free agent irl. Lauri Dalla Valle the star of past dafuge challenges.

Good Luck menace- and GOM :thup:

About to start the season soon on mine so likely have a mini transfer update as quite a few in and outs. may be up soon or tommorow.

Tooting & Mitcham - Premiership - 2017/18 - Transfer Update

Going to try a 41221 formation (DM/CMs/RAM/LAM/ST) this season. Basically to fit in and get the best out of Apud and MacDonald

Transfers

Most over 48months. Sad to see players who were at the club for a while gone(McKee and Brady)

Leandro - Been following Leandro for a while with the games he had for Brazil youth squad and when he made his move to Young Boys. Scouts rate him highly and £3.1m seems a bargain. Was after another Brazil GK based in Holland but he was not interest.

Mario Pirozzi - Bought in to back-up Lasse Pedersen. Was at A.C Milan and scouts think will be similar to the current Lasse Pedersen who just keeps getting better.

James Collins - Adds the much needed experience to the backline. Like him in rl (not just because he welsh :) ) With 19 Bravery I know he will put his body on the line for the team.

Leandro Almeida - Already my best CB and my ass man (Which is now Terry McDermott) thinks he will be a Leading Prem CB.

Mariano Alarcón - LB has always been a week area but I think Alarcón will fix that in the future as expected to be a Leading LB.

Sunny - Has been relegated from the Prem with a few sides hopefully he will stay up this time. Will be back-up for Muamba.

Fabrice Muamba - Hopefully will do the work which goes unnoticed and from my experience of past FMs CDM do go unnoticed with ratings. I will notice and I'm sure Apud and MacDonald will as well.

Clément Perrin - From the famed INF Clairefontaine which has produced the likes of Nicolas Anelka, Louis Saha, William Gallas, and Thierry Henry. Hopefull he will be as successful. Aim to get him as the Future/long term CDM but will give me options for other CMs if the roles don't work.

Sergio Apud - Started out at FCB Lujan and seems a talent Barca missed out on. Technical is world class will be working on his speed to make truly a great.

Germán Villa - Currently will be playing as Winger RAM but hopefully be able to play him as a IF on LAM when I find a suitable RAM.

Éder - Better finisher and allround player than Kruse was tempted to get a target man player such as Crouch but didn't want to risk failing again trying to get it to work so back to the poacher.

Edit :- One more :)

Andrés Cháves - Looks a solid defender lack of Jumping only issue. Quick enough to cover and has great passing to be a ball playing defender.

(13)

CityAndColour - Canvey Island - 2015/16 - BSS

brand.gif

Final Table (1st, promoted as champions)

Well we've finally done it, and this was perhaps the most frustrating season of them all. Ironically our 83 points was the same total as last season and less than the season before, but was enough to see off the rest of the league without the need for the playoffs again.

It followed a similar pattern to last season, in that we started like a house on fire, and then after around 15-18 games the league form just deserted us. From dominating matches we were scrapping for points, and every now and then we'd throw in a great display. I don't think it's a tactical issue, I think it's more having a young squad and the inconsistencies which go with it (something that pleases me, as in past versions you could dominate with teenagers in the lower leagues, when they should be physically disadvantaged at that sort of a level). Good runs in both the FA Cup and the FA Trophy meant a lot of fixture congestion too.

Throughout this period we still managed to squeeze enough points to stay near the top, as no team could get a stranglehold on the league, and found some form again in the final weeks. Going into the last round, we held a point lead over Ebbsfleet. We were well worth a draw at Eastbourne Boro, while the Fleet suffered a shock home loss to Dartford, handing us the title by a point over Woking.

Ironically enough, after not seeing a missed penalty (for or against) all season, we missed one with the last kick of the game against Boro. Luckily it wasn't costly.

Manager of the Season

Cups

FA Cup - Lost 0-5 at L1 side Chesterfield in the 2nd Round.

FA Trophy - Lost 1-3 on aggregate to BSP side Crewe in the semis.

Key Players

Sam Baxter - I've noticed it's hard to get good keeper ratings, but he was very dependable all season and had the third most clean sheets in the league. Easily BSP quality so I'm sorted for next season, save for an experienced back-up.

Aaron Carter and Simon Parmenter - Both solid and durable (102 starts between them) once again. Carter rediscovered his attacking threat at set pieces, while Parmenter will likely captain the club in the BSP next season. One downside is Carter's contract is expiring and he wants a payrise I can't afford (or justify). I don't really want to break up their partnership though.

Klaus Geertsen - Continued to deliver quality from set pieces.

Laurence Benjamin and Liam Williams - First choice on the flanks, they returned 16 goals and 28 assists between them.

Paul Goodyear - The star of my youth intake in 2015, he had a very promising first full season, highlighted by banging five past Croydon in the FA Trophy on route to finishing as the competition's top scorer.

Jack Harper - Strange old season. 33 goals all up and won the league golden boot by a mile, yet he scored 20 of them in his first 15 games. Still can't complain, and he was lethal from the spot. Will be my ticket to staying up next season.

Next season...

My aim is to get off to a good start and hopefully avoid getting sucked into a relegation battle. I have a good core of young players too so will be looking to add some experience, particularly in goal and defensively.

Carl Barrett is set to join on a free in June from Irish amateur side Cahir Park and looks promising.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13 - 9th Blue Square South

2013/14 - 2nd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2014/15 - 3rd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2015/16 - 1st Blue Square South (promoted as champions)

#50 - Indsæt Navn - Chippenham Town - Season Update 2013/14

My second season at Chippenham Town was a lot more successful than my first. After a mixed start (initially a few wins, then a couple of losses), my team had a period of excellent results, where they reached the first round of the FA Cup and only lost in the 88th minute against Scunthorpe (League One) away from home. Said defeat did net us some extra cash though, so even though I’d have liked to go further in the tournament, it was quite alright. The FA Trophy, however, caused some embarrassment, as we went out against 10-man Eastleigh in the 3rd qualifying round. Anyway, back to the good line of results; in the league, we went 20 games unbeaten (16 wins, 4 draws) in said period. The excitement eventually ended as Bishop’s Stortford smashed us 5-1. Ouch. Following that, we drew Truro, and worse, lost to Eastleigh, who, after this match, stole the throne as league-leaders. Luckily, the team responded well, by winning 8 games in a row to secure the title as Blue Square Bet South champions 2013/14.

On the way to accomplishing this, Scottish defender Jamie McCormack and new Dane Jeppe Larsen were absolutely instrumental, even though the latter only signed in late November. Jamie McCormack also picked up the Player of the Season-award, while I myself was picked as Manager of the Season.

In other news, the board have decided to expand Hardenhuish Park by 600 seats, meaning it’ll be able to host 4600 people once the work is done.

Transfers

And a little screenshot to prove that Jeppe Larsen was on trial before signing: Here

Season                    Division                    Position                    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13                    BSS                          11               FAC 1st rnd, FATr 1st rnd
2013/14                    BSS                           1            Promoted, FAC 1st rnd, FATr 3rd q.

Meet the new manager of Harrow. More or less my local team, this team is in fact based almost directly next to a school I applied to for a teaching post earlier this year. A friend of mine got the post and in fact in the end three of my fellow trainees ended up working there. Conveniently situated between the boroughs of Northolt and Ruislip, in the far reaches of West London, this will now be my home in FM for the rest of the season.

Whereabouts are you from? They're my most local team to where I grew up. I nearly ended up going to school in Harrow too, small world.

#18 reporting - reddevil4ever - npower League One 16th - Season 2017-18

overall a poor season with us struggling till the last few weeks where we then managed to string a few results together to pull clear of the relegation zone, we just could not seem to score and as the saying goes we really couldn't hit a barn door. Table Graph

on the squad front 7 players were let go that were causing troulbe and complaining all the time or were promoted youth players who didn't make the grade. to counter this and to get cover for a couple of positions we were short in 5 players were signed, there has been a downside, some of these are complaining about lack of 1st team opportunities so they may have to let them go this transfer window. if thats the case that will free finances to try and sign a couple of good strikers, and then we might stand a chance of scoring in this league. Squad Xfers

once again if it wasn't for our tottenham youth reject keeper we acquired 3 years ago we would definately have been relegated, out of 51 matches Mirko Ranieri made 48 appearences keeping 18 clean sheets and conceding only 51 times.

also on a negative note finances were poor this season with us making a loss of over £461,000 most of this was due to the stadium bank loan repayments of £354,000 over the year and also the fact we had no cup runs to get extra tv money and gate receipts. on the upside to this the new stadium will be ready this summer for the new season which will help as we had near sellouts every home game this year so next year with a stadium double the size hopefully attendences will increase therefore making more turnover and hopefully at end of next season a healthy profit.

Plans for next season:

1) Improve squad were needed.

2) Control wage budget to help make a profit, by resigning backup players on low weekly amounts but high appearences fees therefore only paying large sums when they play, working on this principal could save around £4,500-£6,000 per week.

3) Have a good cup run or 3.

4) Try to increase scouting network if possible

@c&c: Good effort on finally getting there! What are your finances like?

Not too bad, only £65K in the red and that is after bonuses have been paid out. Board has just bumped my wage budget up from £3.5K per week to £5K, so I'll be able to re-sign a couple of key players who are out of contract.

#86 Gilbster

I will be giving up on my AFC Hornchurch save partyl due to almost getting relegated from BSS after the relegation from the BSP and partly because everyone else seems to have a way of signing non contract players, and for whatever reason, I just dont have the option. I have also lost my enjoyment with the club which is a shame, as I was convinced I could do something with them, but this is a setback too far as far as I'm concerned. So gonna restart, be back in a few hours with a new team.

partly because everyone else seems to have a way of signing non contract players, and for whatever reason, I just dont have the option.

For what it's worth, I can't either. I had a couple of players on N/C terms at the start, one of which is still at the club, but can't pick it when offering new contracts.

For what it's worth, I can't either. I had a couple of players on N/C terms at the start, one of which is still at the club, but can't pick it when offering new contracts.

Tbh its more the fact that in 5 seasons, only 1 has been good, the other 4 have been relegation battles in varying divisions. Its not really fun when there are no improvements and I may have got sacked regardless. Uusually takes me a few attempts to get going properly at this challenge.

. :lol:
Tbh its more the fact that in 5 seasons, only 1 has been good, the other 4 have been relegation battles in varying divisions. Its not really fun when there are no improvements and I may have got sacked regardless. Uusually takes me a few attempts to get going properly at this challenge.

Yeah, a shame things turned sour after that promotion. Better luck with your new team. :)

I've only tried a couple times, without success. I manage to keep a good 1-1.5k under my wage budget, allows me room to maneuver in the last half of the season or in case of emergency...but non-contract would def. be easier on the bill

Hastings United (#68)-- Midseason updated

So far, a much better run for the second season, compared to the first. A good run of form 8 games unbeaten, 6 in the league have me in the playoff spots at the end of 21 matches.

Compared to my first season (where I was knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round of both cups, having tough away draws in both), my cup run is much better this year. I lost a tough away match to BSP Dag & Red in the 4th round replay (having forced the replay with a stoppage time goal to snatch a 1-1 draw at home). A first round proper tie would have been nice, but I'll aim for that next year. Meanwhile, in the FAT, I'm through to the 2nd round proper, after demolishing Hampton & Richmond 5-1 in the 3rd qualifying round, then beating Kingstonian at their grounds 2-1 with another stoppage time goal. Next up is an away tie at BSP Dover who are sitting 7th in their division. A tough matchup, but I'm looking forward to a potential upset. If my current run of form doesn't peter out before, I fancy our chances.

My current squad has been performing solidly, though I am starting to pick up a couple of injuries. I just lost AMR/Striker Cassidy for 2-3 months, to go along with Harris (2-5 weeks) and McCartan (11d - 3 weeks). I've just enough cover to get by without them...but another injury will have me hunting for a replacement. Fortunately, I'm still £1K under my wage budget

Team stats: Overall, the team is performing very well. We are currently 4th in goals scored (39---trailing first place Ebbsfleet by 8). We are also 5th in goals allowed (25 --7 more than 1st place Ebbsfleet). From set-pieces, we are 3rd in goals scored from corners (7, behind Ebbsfleet and Eastbourne Boro, both on 8). We are not quite as lucky on IFKs (2), and DFKs (0)...an area I need to look at improving. The biggest area for improvement is in discipline. We are leading the league on red cards (4) and are 3rd in yellows (30). Though, over the past two months we have improved in this area, it is something to keep an eye on. We are also bottom of league in salary per year (at £137K), as fitting with our rock-bottom reputation (whatever ground we had made up at the end of the season, we have somehow lost---at start of the season we had leapfrogged two other BSN/BSS teams...but are once again at the bottom). Hopefully, a good 2nd half will fix that.

Individually, I have a couple of standouts. First, is the centre-back I signed last season, Jordan Tunnicliffe. The rock of the defence last season, he's picked up where he left off without missing a beat. Currently second in the league in MoM (4), he leads the league in key tackles (18), is 2nd in key headers (49) and 6th in league for interceptions (146). His AVR of 7.35 is outstanding (4th in league), and he adds 3.25 tackles per game. He's also chipped in with 4 goals. Early leading candidate for team (if not league) player of the year.

Offensively, Ethan Mannion is on target for a 20 goal season, having grabbed 7 league and 3 cup goals. He suffered in the early fall with a lot of misses, but he has recovered nicely, and his 43% shots on target is currently 13th in the league. His 7.03 AVR is steadily improving as his SOT has improved as well. He's added 7 assists and 3 MOM.

Last year's youngster of the year, Chris Molyneaus, now 17, has continued to impress. He's netted 10 goals, added 1 assist, 1 MoM, and his SOT of 58% leads the team. His injury problem has been relieved a bit, as I've added a striker to spell him. He's gottion 12(10) appearnces so far this season, and the extra downtime will hopefully improve his resillience.

For new players to the squad, I've two that have made a real impact. Padraig Byrne was added in mid July as a playmaking MC. In his 27 appearnces, he's made 11 assists, as well as scoring 6 goals of his own. His AVR of 7.34 is 2nd on the team only to DC Tunnicliffe. Overall, a very pleasing signing.

Finally, a youth prospect of my own: Dalvinder Malessa was a product of my youth setup at the end of season one. He immediately became my teams bast DL, and, at the beginning of the season, I promptly slotted him into the first team squad. He hasn't let me down either. He's made 19 appearances (14 league) and is 2nd int he league in tackles/game (at 4.93). He seems to do well in big games (an AvR of 7.12 in cup matches with a 72% pass completion rating), he's tallied two assists so far. A lad with a bright future, my AM has touted him as a potential Good League One left back. I've got him on contract until 2015 on a measly £5/week, though I expect I will offer him a new, larger contract at the beginning of next season. He's too good to let go!

That's it for now --- I'm hoping for a strong push in the second half to cement my place in the playoffs. Overcoming 1st place Ebbsfleet (already on 52 points at the midway mark) will be tough, but I'll settle for a playoff run. I still have the FAT to contend with, hopefully a decent run will net me some more funds to play with next year. The board has chipped in some £70k so far, to keep our debt...manageable...but I don't look like getting out of the red this year. A promotion will surely help.

edit: Oh, yes, and I've won my first Manager of the Month award --- December of season two (Mannion also won player of the month in the same month). Things are definitely looking up!

#84 – Hastings United – Blue Square Bet Premier – 2014/15 - 1st

1415leaguetable.th.jpg

Well, a wholly unexpected promotion in my first season in the BSP. I was aiming at midtable and consolidation and defeats in my first two games seemed to point at a difficult season to come. Great home form and an on form Cedric Baseya who hit 38 goals saw the championship claimed. Baseya wasn't particularily impressive the previous season, mainly due to two long spells out with injury but was head and shoulders the best player this season.

1415baseya.th.jpg

Automatic promotion looked unlikely however as Crewe who were the main competition for the title held a significant lead right up to the tail end of the season. They were only displaced at the top of the table with two games to go and both teams had equal points going into the final game of the season, although my significantly better goal difference meant that I had matters in my own hands. I was sweating though going into half time nil-nil away at Hayes and Yeading though with Crewe having missed a penalty in the first half at Barnet. In the end though top place was secured with a one-nil win.

A mention should go to ex-Chelsea youngster Euclides Camara who I signed for the future but ended up putting straight into the team. Although he didn't set the world alight he performed admirably and is only 18.

1415camara.th.jpg

I'm looking forward now to League two. My bank balance is healthy at just over a million, aided by drawing West Ham away in the FA Cup 3rd Round and selling my star defender Aristote Nsiala to Hearts for £350k. Can't persuade my board to increase my scouting range though...

Went for a team that plays in red this year, which is a first for me on this challange!

Season: 2012/13

Club: Harrow Borough

League: Blue Square Bet South

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actual Finish: 13th

Season Review:

After completing this in the last 2 seasons and tried it 5-6 times, I knew what to expect. I've always been a bit slower at the start of the games, so when we found ourselves just outside the relegation zone after 6 games I wasn't panicking yet! However, my experiences last year gave me a good idea of how to progress and I used that to bring in suitable players and tactics. We started moving slowly up the table and had some very good performances to boot. However we were very poor against certain teams (especially Tonbridge, which were the team I managed last year...grr!) so never got any momentum. Our home form was amazing and would have put us close to the play-off places, but we only picked up 15 points away, which is what I'll work on for next year.

I plan on offloading most my squad, those I want to keep seem to be attracting other clubs so it may be a whole new team.

Finances are poor so I'll have to work on that, but I'm optimistic for next season and hope we can build on our 13th place finish.

Cup(s)

Lost all cup matches, so nothing to report and not helping our finances!

Final League Standings

League Positions

Season            League            Position          Achievements                              
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2012/13       Blue Square Bet South           10th           

Here we go...!

Rooks-logo-small.jpg&w=276&h=135&zc=1&q=100

Season 2012-2013 Review

Lewes_behind_goal__copyright_.jpg

The Dripping Pan

Media Prediction: 18th

My Prediction: 1st

Final Position: 8th

An interesting experience for my first season as Lewes boss, I was hoping to get promoted on the first try but unfortunately our form was too scatter gun to maintain a promotion push. Next season will be an even bigger push to get out of the Blue Square South.

FA Cup: Beaten 4-1 by Dorchester in the Second Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: We fought all the way to the Semi Finals but were beaten 5-3 on aggregate to Bromley

Managers Player of the Season

Ben Mackey: 24 goals makes Ben our top goal scorer, a solid performer all season round.

Table

Transfers

Just got promoted from playoffs after a fantastic 3-1 win against Bury :)

My 2nd season in the BSP and im sure its my last, up to L2 and aiming for a Mid table finish.

Will post a full update either later today or tomorrow :)

Looking at some of these BSN/S updates, I can't believe it took me three seasons of 80+ points to get promoted!

At work at the moment, but can't wait to get home and get stuck into the off-season. Have managed to re-sign Carter for another season so my backline remains in tact.

Archived