dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drop some of the midfielders and get a few decent strikers or play 4-5-1 flat with your best midfielder moving up in the attack.

Sort of what I do - Adorjan plays in the hole as a Trequartista, which is his ideal position. Then have a winger on each side of him, and two CMs.

Yet again, 1-0 up, losing 2-1!

Create a defensive tactic for late game. Play with a DM or keep everyone back at the 60th minute, or see when exactly you are conceding late goals. Seems like your backline is being overloaded and you dont have enough players to cover. Try a 4-1-4-1 with DM or even 2 DM's.

Anyone got any ideas? If its relevant, I've been ahead in almost every game this year, but still facing a relegation battle. I cant remember the last time I conceded the first goal!

Hard to say without seeing the team play. How are you conceding?

Club: Banbury United

Season: 2014/15

League: English Blue Square Bet South

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £5.2k

Opening Balance: -£219.4k

Closing Balance: £600k

Board Expectations: Mid-table

Media Expectation: 17th

My Expectations: Challenge the front-runners

League Record: Pos 1st, W 28, D 8, L 6, F 85, A 35, Pts 92

FA Cup: 4th Round, 0-1 vs West Ham

FA Trophy: 2nd Round, 0-2 vs Burton Albion

First XI: (4-5-1) Howard; Andrews, Sokolik, Morrison, Murphy; Clamp, Martin, McGee, Bruna, Mannion; Wake

Top Scorer: Brian Wake 19

Top Assister: Gerardo Bruna 20

Best Rating: Gerardo Bruna 7.33

Average Attendance: 365 (+27)

Fans Player Of The Year: Gerardo Bruna

My Player Of The Year: Gerardo Bruna

Notable Results: 6-1 vs Lewes, 1-0 vs Bury (FA Cup), 6-0 vs Boreham Wood, 4-0 vs Welling

Transfers In: Much more reserved in the transfer market this year, with only six players coming in; two of them in January. Aided by a similarly-priced deal that saw Sam Minihan leave for Crawley, a young, Welsh AMC, Sam McGee was brought in for £70k, making him my first signing with a fee. I had to ask the board for help signing him to achieve the season's aims, and to my shock horror, they accepted! Gerardo Bruna, and Marc Pelosi, Argentine and American wingers respectively, were brought in to bolster the attack and both did well, and young Irish DR/C Jonathon Murphy provided competition in defense. English midfielder Ellis Martin and German keeper Bernd Buchmann completed the signings.

Best Buy: Sam McGee - the kid is unbelievably good, only just turned 18 but was in the first team all season. Football League potential no doubt.

Worst Buy: All six played their part so none of them can contend for this.

Transfers Out: 6 players moved out, Sam Minihan's £55k deal to Crawley the best of the bunch.

Best Sale: Minihan was never going anywhere with this club, so the transfer fee was nice.

Table

Round-Up: We started like a train, and won 9 out of our first 10 games. Eastleigh and Forest Green were keeping up with us all this way, until around the 25th round of matches, when the former dropped off and the latter dropped us. A mid-season slump may have been down to our cup headache, or maybe it was just that part of the season. We started closing the gap to Forest Green again with about fifteen games to go, and with just five left, overtook them. We matched each other game for game until the end of the season, and there we were - champions.

Our fantastic run in the FA Cup saw us not only win our first in the competition under my stewardship, but our first 6 matches, as rivals Brackley, Oxford City, Boston United, Woking, Bury and Worcester were beaten. West Ham, npower Championship title contenders proved a step too far, but a 1-0 loss was far from embarrassing. We dropped out of the FA Trophy early again, but I hardly cared given the success of the side in the main competitions.

I'm now in the club's favoured personnel list (along with Wake and Mannion), and the board have announced that our 6500-stadium will be turned from a 250-seater into an all-seater. Should be able to attract more fans over the next season or two then!

[u]SEASON     DIVISION                    POSITION      FA Cup             Other Cups       		Europe		NOTES                 [/u]
2010/11    Blue Square Bet North       13th          2nd Qual Round	FA Trophy Quarter Final		-	
2011/12    Blue Square Bet North       7th           2nd Qual Round     FA Trophy Second Round          -
2012/13    Blue Square Bet South       1st           4th Round          FA Trophy Second Round          -		Promoted as champions

Aims For Next Season: Stay up, and improve the squad as much as possible.

So next season we'll be playing in the Blue Square Premier alongside my hometown club Portsmouth, who have suffered three straight relegations on the back of a major financial crisis.. Ouch.

Edit: Cheers Scab! :)

Something simple

or

Then play around with player roles. For me I have the following

1 Gk - Defend

2 CBs - Defend

2 Fullbacks - support/auto

1 Cm - Attack

1 cm - support

1 Mr - Winger

1 ML - Winger

1 Str - Advance forward

1 Str - Complete forward

Basicly something simple :)

You, my friend, may have saved my season. Took 2 games for it to settle in, which I lost, but after that... 2-0 v Kidderminster, 3-1 v Burton and then 6-0 v Aldershot, all of which are in the top 10. You absolute beast.

Im Currently playing

GK - Sweeper keeper Auto

2x CB - Defend

2X FB - Auto

1X CM - Auto

1x BWM - Defend

1x AMR - inside Forward

1x AML - Inside Forward

1x AMC - Advanced Playmaker

1x ST - Poacher

And im having a lot of succes 3rd in BSP in my first season with 12 Games Played 7 wins/3 Draws/2 Loses and 24 goals for and 9 against so seems to be working well for me

Looks like this

Im Currently playing

GK - Sweeper keeper Auto

2x CB - Defend

2X FB - Auto

1X CM - Auto

1x BWM - Defend

1x AMR - inside Forward

1x AML - Inside Forward

1x AMC - Advanced Playmaker

1x ST - Poacher

And im having a lot of succes 3rd in BSP in my first season with 12 Games Played 7 wins/3 Draws/2 Loses and 24 goals for and 9 against so seems to be working well for me

Looks like this

I've always thought that sort of formation is just too attacking, leaving you too open in defence

mine is 4-4-2

1 Gk - Defend

1 CB - stopper

1 CB - cover

2 Fullbacks - auto

1 Cm Advanced playmaker- Attack

1 cm BWM - support

MR/ML - Wide midfielder - attack

1 Str - Advance forward

1 Str - poacher

Worksop_Town_FC_Badge.png

Worksop Town | Season 2018/19 | Blue Square North

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers

This was the season of "1-0 up, 2-1 down" or even, once or twice, "3-0 up, 4-3 down". Ive never seen so many defeats and draws from winning positions. If it was "first goal wins", I would have been very close to the playoffs. By my reckoning, we took the lead in at least ten of the games we didnt win this season. The problem was the defence, which really does need sorting out. Will spend the summer tweaking my tactics majorly. The cup runs were nothing special this year, another major problem, going out to Barrow and Frickley in the FA Cup and FA Trophy respectively. The league was, frankly, a total disaster and the less said about that the better.

Not being able to sell Doyle was also a big problem, both for current finances and because, with his wage demands now above the board's limit, I cant possibly keep him now. He is destined to move on this summer for free. Real shame, that. But the best offer I got for him was 90k and I felt that his goals for one last season were worth that money. In hindsight, I was wrong. However, I was handed a reprieve. Right at the end of the season, days (in FM) before I posted this report, he signed another contract. Will cost me £88k for the extra year, but hopefully this year his goals will make it worth the outlay.

Key Players

Mark Pelosi* - Back on the upwards curve, but cant persuade him to accept even the highest contract I can offer him, will probably leave.

Mattias Fanimo - Same story, really...

Conor Doyle - perhaps knowing he was leaving, he really declined this year. Still too good for this level, but his training was poor and his form deserted him.

Krisztian Adorjan - another backwards step here, too. But I will have to build a new team around him.

Amin Affane - again, going to have to be a core component of my new team.

Michael Kamau - made many more interceptions than anyone else despite playing only about 3/4 of matches.

Craig Edwards - developing promisingly.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI - showing Doyle passing 100 goals for the club this year.

Who knows what will happen next season? Am trying a new tactic which I'm hoping will cause an upturn in our fortunes. Will also need to make a few really quality signings in the summer which wont be easy to do. £55k to help running cost was a very nice end-of-season gift from my chairman, but it won't change everything overnight...we're still almost £100k in the red.

Targets for 2018/19

Sell Doyle for at least £250k. FAILURE

Sign a striker who will score at least 20 goals. FAILURE

Sign a top goalkeeper. FAILURE

Sign several really quality defenders. FAILURE

Try to stay in the black. FAILURE

So not a great season in all....

Targets for 2019/20

Sign a top goalkeeper.

Sign a top quality defender.

Turn a profit, preferably by another cup run.

Get at least 60 points.

In other news, City won the double in England, and Barcelona beat Bayern in the Champions' League final.

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7208914&viewfull=1#post7208914]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square North      17th	        45       Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7221336&viewfull=1#post7221336]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square North      11th	        58       Mid-table finish, FA Cup 1st Round, BSN Manager of the Year.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7229844&viewfull=1#post7229844]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square North      13th	        56       Mid-table finish.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7238742&viewfull=1#post7238742]2015/16[/url]	    Blue Square North      2nd	        77       Playoff semi-finals; FA Cup 2nd round; FA Trophy Winners.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7246998&viewfull=1#post7246998]2016/17[/url]	    Blue Square North      10th	        60       Crap season, really disappointing. A backwards step.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7257037&viewfull=1#post7257037]2017/18[/url]	    Blue Square North      11th	        64       FA Cup 3rd round. Stagnant in the league.
2018/19	    Blue Square North      17th	        48       Another backwards step

PS Could I add my usual plea to the end of my post - anyone who gets a moment, if you could check the table on the first page whenever you can it would make my life easier. Just check the numbers at the bottom beneath the table add up, really, and let me know if I've missed any posts!

First season has come to a close and the heartbreak of a play-off semi-final defeat will take a while to get over after being in with a shout from a good end of season run of form.

The season was going so well until it came to around the new year, which resulted in a dry spell of just two wins in 14 games. Luckily the team were able to pick themselves up and achieve a play-off spot. Only for it to all go wrong (I've seen it all before, being a Forest fan!)

Player transfer wise, I struggled with the concept of the fog of war, which I've never used before...hence the hoards of signings I made just to try and get the odd quality deal done. Record signing was made on a toblerone footed striker from MET police...I'm pretty sure I was robbed by the constabulary!

Anyways, the dream of top european football goes on....

Squad Transfers Table Position Progress

#84 – Hastings United – Blue Square Bet South – 2013/14 - 1st

1314leaguetable.th.jpg

Although spending most of the season on top of the league, I was rarely able to stretch the lead beyond 5 or 6 points meaning things were never comfortable. In the end six wins on the trot towards the end of the season saw top spot taken.

Drawing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup 3rd round pulled in £750k meaning my finances are in much better shape (I was around £250k in the red).

I was unable to make any significant signings due to being over my wage budget but go into the new season with only 2.5k of a 8k per week wage budget used. Hopefully when demands of players on free transfers start to drop later in the year I will be able to bring in some good players.

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2020/21

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

Promotion in our second season of League football is an amazing achievement but winning it feels even better! There's a few players who can play higher, I just need to strengthen the back up players if we are to make a go of it in League One.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals

Next Season Targets

*Mid Table Finish in League One

*Reach 3rd Round of Carling Cup

Seriously, have scouted like 400 players. Anyone who is worth of a single star (and i've checked, none of the 0.5*s are any better than that) is willing to discuss terms. Whats the point of this stupid game?!

Scout the player, and then click the 'offer contract' button on the scouting report news item instead of on the player's profile (if that makes sense). Not sure why but this seems to make players negotiate.

You, my friend, may have saved my season. Took 2 games for it to settle in, which I lost, but after that... 2-0 v Kidderminster, 3-1 v Burton and then 6-0 v Aldershot, all of which are in the top 10. You absolute beast.

Haha you are quite welcome! If i scream and need advice in the future i expect you to be the first to chirp up :D

Scout the player, and then click the 'offer contract' button on the scouting report news item instead of on the player's profile (if that makes sense). Not sure why but this seems to make players negotiate.

Whoa that is a massive exploit, and surely against what is trying to be done here? Just tried it myself, and was able to enter negotiations with a prem class player! not for me this one....

Whoa that is a massive exploit, and surely against what is trying to be done here? Just tried it myself, and was able to enter negotiations with a prem class player! not for me this one....

How is that an exploit? You've already scouted the player.

Because the player doesn't want to join otherwise. Look at the report, "such and such has no intentions of joining us at the moment" yet you can enter negotiations with him. Exploit, plain and simple.

I can agree that it is an exploit in the sense of FM but it is not an exploit in the sense of Dafuge's Challenge. Not in my opinion.

I've always thought that sort of formation is just too attacking, leaving you too open in defence

mine is 4-4-2

1 Gk - Defend

1 CB - stopper

1 CB - cover

2 Fullbacks - auto

1 Cm Advanced playmaker- Attack

1 cm BWM - support

MR/ML - Wide midfielder - attack

1 Str - Advance forward

1 Str - poacher

when i started it i thought i would be to but i seem to be ok at the back so far only shipping 9 goals! :D

I can agree that it is an exploit in the sense of FM but it is not an exploit in the sense of Dafuge's Challenge. Not in my opinion.

not somthing i was aware of, i would have thought even if in this event you are able to offer them a contract due to their status the wage requirements prevent you from signing them anyways ?

not somthing i was aware of, i would have thought even if in this event you are able to offer them a contract due to their status the wage requirements prevent you from signing them anyways ?

Not if you are doing it to a youth player who has some really wonderful potential (i'm talking prem potential), as they will sign some pretty low offers as they are youth...

Exactly. It's not an exploit, it's correcting a bug. I dont know about Prem players, but most of these players wouldnt come to Worksop - but that's because we are not able to offer anything like enough wages. Some of the players who wouldnt even discuss terms with me otherwise are not even good enough for the level below the BSN/S, it was just ridiculous that they wouldnt talk money with me. This is a bug workaround, not an exploitation of the game.

I tried, just for fun, to do this to offer Agbonlahor a contract. He wanted £19k while my highest possibility is £3k, but still this is an exploit. No way a 32 year old Agbonlahor would want to join a newly promoted League 1 club.....

#86 - Gilbster - BSP - 2015/16 End of Season Update

Table

Well for a team that should never have been promoted, we proved it this season. Due to promotion wage increases I had no budget to offer the money that the players I wanted, what they wanted,so I could barely strengthen the squad. As a result a team that barely should have been up, was playing with the bigger boys, and in fairness we had some good runs of form. Jsar your tactical hints have helped quite a bit and it did go down to the penultimate game of the season.

However the result was inevitable, we have been relegated straight back down, and all the good players including Eric Keane werent wanting to sign new contracts, or were wanting far too much money and as a result, most of them will be leaving at the end of this season. This is gonna leave me with a club that needs to be rebuilt and ideally needs to bounce straight back up.

Aims

Restructure squad

Try and remove promotion clauses from all contracts as they are really annoying

Pray I hold onto my job

Try and get straight back into playoffs at the very least.

Replace all my players that leave with cheaper copies of them!

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSS         18th    3rd Qual    FAT 1st Round
2013/14   BSS         19th    2nd Qual    FAT 3rd Qual
2014/15   BSS         5th     1st R       FAT 1st Round          Promoted via Playoffs
2015/16   BSP         22nd    4th Qual    FAT 2nd Round          Relegated

Archived