dafuge's FM12 challenge

I tried, just for fun, to do this to offer Agbonlahor a contract. He wanted £19k while my highest possibility is £3k, but still this is an exploit. No way a 32 year old Agbonlahor would want to join a newly promoted League 1 club.....

He wouldnt. Because they dont have the resources. No other reason.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wouldnt. Because they dont have the resources. No other reason.

to be fair is it a bug? mayb. But it is something that is available to all players so it is not and advantage as such, as i said personally it is not something i have done but it is not against the "rules" of the challange. Is much like getting Loan players, some people see this as making the challange "easier" but their is nothing to stop every player from doing this if they wish to do so.

I would suggest that those that consider it a but to raise it in the bug forum and get an official statment from SI, one thing to consider is that your scouts are not always right about the willlingness of a player to sign for you, so does this happen on every single oppotunity like this?

Well I dont know but if I dont use this, i literally cant sign anyone with a single attribute over 10. Basically not a single player who would be considered good enough for the BSN/S, even for a reserve team, would come to me. THAT is a bug. Especially as I've been in the BSN playoffs once.

jsar, ManU just released a real quality starlet on my game. Everyone is after him, from the lower half of the prem right the way down, and some foriegn teams. He's rejecting them all, but I can get him on £270 a week at BSP team weymouth? That sound right to you? Honestly?

After a period of time away from the game, I came back to it and made a couple of tactical adjustments, a team meeting and finally we managed to secure our first win in 15 matches in the league. Surprisingly, those 15 matches hadnt put us into the relegation zone but we were balancing on the edge. That win is a helping hand hopefully to better things and what better time to get the win than on Boxing Day.

Yarmy!

Just posting this for GreyedOutMan who are having problems accessing the forum:

If someone speaks to SI and they confirm that this would make it very unfair in any way, I will stop doing it. But I havent seen this so far. I tried to sign James Milner - 33 year old - through this. And he did offer me terms. But as those terms were £3.3m a year, along with a £1.4m loyalty bonus, I dont really see this as an exploit. Its totally realistic - yes, Milner wouldnt waste his time asking BSN Worksop for that kind of money but if they had it, then at 33 he might well join.

Remember Sol Campbell joining Notts County?

I just think if we think it is a bug report it to SI, and get an official answer.

As i said before personally i wasnt aware of it and so havent used it and have no intention of doing so but if it is currently in the game and isnt against the "rules" then technically as far as the challamge goes any one using it has not done anything wrong

I think more it is a matter of going around a bug instead of using it. We have all been using that button at some point, even to high profile players. As GoM states, he cannot sign any player what so ever, but when using that button, he at least have the ability to offer some kind of contract.

If you are telling me that when you get a scout report, you don't even look at the stats? You just offer a contract without looking? BS.

You'd look at his stats, then offer a contract from that page, as it's quicker (probably why this bug hasn't been picked upo til now).

Anyway, i'm done. Be cheap if you like or don't, I don't care.

If you are telling me that when you get a scout report, you don't even look at the stats? You just offer a contract without looking? BS.

You'd look at his stats, then offer a contract from that page, as it's quicker (probably why this bug hasn't been picked upo til now).

Anyway, i'm done. Be cheap if you like or don't, I don't care.

I actually do both. If I know the player but still want a scout's opinion, then I use the button from the News mail. Why should I look at his stats?

Back on now. Yeah - its as Mikael says. Before, I literally couldnt sign anyone. Not even a player who had been released by Met Police. Don't start telling me my rep is lower than Met Police!

If you ask me, it might even be a feature - if you have scouted him, the game assumes you have made contact and therefore you are more likely to be able to sign him. Whilst it's true that someone like Milner wouldnt usually bother spending time telling Worksop that he wants over 4m a year, it is, as I have stated, reasonable to assume that if they had that sort of money he would sign for them. As I mentioned, remember Sol Campbell.

I would agree that some confirmation from SI on this issue would be good, but the way I see it, all this does is correct a huge bug. James Milner, for example, who is the only high-rep player I could find available on a free....he's in talks with West Ham, but didnt mind giving me some figures. Sure, he could be all mine for £4m a year. I'd argue that a team that can afford that has, by default, a high enough rep to buy an ageing semi-star like Milner at 33. Again, cite Notts County for that.....

This seems totally realistic to me.....

Just like to point out this doesnt work for all players regardles of club, just for research i looked at Roque Santa Cruz who is a free agent on my game regardles of how i tried to offer him a contract he was not interested understandably, and the same with Daniel sturidge, it did however let me offer Frazier Campbell a contract but even if i was happy to use this "bug", "Exploit", "work around" or what ever we are calling it i would have to pay him 2900 of my 5000 budget which obviously i dont have the cash for.

Would you rather I went through the rest of my game not able to sign a single player worth his salt in the BSN? Is it realistic that a player who was playing in level 8 or 9 or whatever wouldnt join me after I had just lost in the BSN playoffs?

I think we'll find from SI that this was a bug, anyway. But if it wasnt, then it is a flaw in the game.

The way I see it, it's actually a feature. As I mentioned - it means that we cant sign anyone half-decent without scouting them, which is an extension of the rules for this challenge and I dont see what the problem is. There is simply no way I could sign a premiership star in the BSN, and that's as it should be.

hj, you will see when I post my season reports that the players I'm getting are no better than anyone else has managed. The new goalkeeper I've signed is decent, but he's on nearly 10k a year, my 4th highest earner, and yet he's probably not going to be good enough for the BSP if I ever get there.

Hi all

I played this last year with Evesham and took 12 years to get promoted to the Football League, at which point I stopped playing because you have to, you know, buy your players from other teams! Madness!

Anyway I thought I'd give it a go this season and I've just got my game set up so fingers crossed that a decent team gets promoted.

Can I ask, I've added this and this to correct some of the team names and get the full names of clubs to show in the tables, are these allowed? The intention is an aesthetic change not to fiddle with any stats but I don't want to get into a game and then find out it's a problem. Thanks :)

I don't care lol....

I find it funny that you are so persistent to claim it is exploiting a bug, but when some one tries arguing that it is perhaps not, then you just ignore it. Hardly the best way to discuss things on a forum.

We will see what SI says won't we MikaelS. In the meantime you better run along and dl the real time editor to make sure you get to the prem before they fix it. Time is running out....tick tock tick tock

So you started ignoring people's arguments and now you are suggesting I should download an editor to.. do what? And why?

Edit: And I am genuine curious to see what SI says. Could you link to the bug post?

If they say it's a bug, and that its right that no-one who has played in any of the top 9 levels of the english pyramid will sign for Worksop for some reason, then I will stop using it. I will also stop playing Football Manager.

I've never been able to sign a player who was recommended to me in a backroom meeting, not a single player my scouts rated at more than 2* has EVER wanted to sign for me. I'm guessing that the one or two decent players I have signed were the one or two who I happened to click on the correct button for without realising the difference. It was a coincidence, in other words. Clearly that is a bug - otherwise whats the point of scouting, right?

And to add to Mikael, I would be too. If they claim that it's not a bug, I will be sending them my game and asking them to explain why I havent been able to sign anyone who has played at level 8 or above for 3 years, then, when everyone else seems to be able to sign premiership rejects on a regular basis......

Possibly - although as no-one has brought it up, I'd suggest they've been "exploiting" unwittingly, but I cant even sign League Two rejects! Which is why it's not an exploit it is a workaround/neat little feature if deliberate, which I'm more and more convinced it might be. If so, could I suggest in advance that Dafuge's rule about scouting first might have been the reason they put the feature in?

Those that are signing prem rejects on a reg basis, I would suggest, have been exploiting.

How coud they have been exploiting when they are using an easy access button, which is offered to you each time you scout a player. In addition until a couple of hours ago we didnt know about this so called "exploit/bug fix - depending on point of view" so are you saying that eveyone is purposely exploiting something by playing the game the way they play it, without knowing the the offer contract buttons in diff places clearly have a bit of different code behind them?

Hahaha it's not deliberate. I'm willing to bet my house on that. Like I said, I could sign a super starlet who was released by ManU for £240 quid a week (he was 16), yet he was rejecting the likes of Wolves, New Castle and Deprotivo La Coruna.

If you want to use it fine. But when you do eventually get to the prem, don't blame me if you're not as happy about it, as you would have expected.

How coud they have been exploiting when they are using an easy access button, which is offered to you each time you scout a player. In addition until a couple of hours ago we didnt know about this so called "exploit/bug fix - depending on point of view" so are you saying that eveyone is purposely exploiting something by playing the game the way they play it, without knowing the the offer contract buttons in diff places clearly have a bit of different code behind them?

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Like I said before, if you scout a player, you, me and the queen will 10/10 times go look at the stats of said player, then make a contract offer from that screen as it's quicker. You can call me liar if you like, or you can tell me some people don't look at the player stats, but we all know the real truth don't we. :)

This "starlet" you could sign. I bet you anything he's a petulant idiot who no premiership club would touch with a bargepole. If this is the case, so much the better. It's the sort of thing that might well happen to Carlos Tevez shortly - I mean, can you really see Arsene Wenger or Harry Redknapp buying him, or any premiership manager with even half a brain?

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Like I said before, if you scout a player, you, me and the queen will 10/10 times go look at the stats of said player, then make a contract offer from that screen as it's quicker. You can call me liar if you like, or you can tell me some people don't look at the player stats, but we all know the real truth don't we. :)

I don't like being called a liar, so please stop doing that.

And I'll bet you that 90% of the players playing FM, have at some point used that button. It's there. It easy access.

If you were playing as Man Utd and wanted to sign Messi. Would you look at his stats before offering a contract? No I didn't think so.

Back on now. Yeah - its as Mikael says. Before, I literally couldnt sign anyone. Not even a player who had been released by Met Police. Don't start telling me my rep is lower than Met Police!

Half way through the 3rd season as canvey island, my rep is less than Met Police.

Seriously beginning to think reputation is flawed, if you stagnate in the lowest tier

I would research it using one of those editors, but I use a Mac.

MikaelS - the more I think about it, the more I think I must have used it to sign the few decent players I have in my squad. The fact that most of my squad is total junk is testament to the fact that I normally check the player's attributes first and offer from the profile screen. Looks like that button is bugged to me.

MikaelS - the more I think about it, the more I think I must have used it to sign the few decent players I have in my squad. The fact that most of my squad is total junk is testament to the fact that I normally check the player's attributes first and offer from the profile screen. Looks like that button is bugged to me.

I've just done some tests on it and it is very confusing. Some times the player doesn't want to enter anything, sometimes the player does. I can't really find a thread in it.

I don't like being called a liar, so please stop doing that.

If you can show me where I called you a liar? Quote it please. Perhaps you have a guilty conscience. I called you a cheap exploiter. And I stand by that. Cheap exploiter.

We're talking about non league here. Talk of Messi and Man U is irrelevant, as both are world wide reputations.

Archived