dafuge's FM12 challenge

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 1 - 2012/13 – Blue Square North

Preseason - Media Prediction: 16th

The Journey Begins

Swinburn returns to FC United for the third time. After my success in the last few seasons, FC United is starting to feel like home. The board wanted me to avoid relegation, so I went just that little bit higher with my personal expectation. I forgot to screenshot my club info, and I'm already playing the next season, so I'll remember to do that next time.

The Season

It started off rough did this season. 10 games in and I was struggling at the bottom… then it clicked. We had a rapid rise and by 31 games, we were top. And after that, we never dropped below it. We got promoted by winning the league, with the help of top performances from Dombaxe, McDermott, Drury and Boateng.

Blue Square North Table | Position Graph

Transfers (1) (2) | Squad

Confidence | Finances

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year

Laste Dombax

Laste Dombax, player of the year. This guy was an absolute revelation, and I doubt we’d have got promoted without him. 20 goals, 14 assists. He was unreal. Played 31 league games and scored 17 in those, largely from AMR. Hope he keeps the form up for the following season.

Top Scorer

Laste Dombax

See above.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

The rapid rise from bottom to top of the league.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Adam Drury

Adam was the most consistent player in the side. Played 12 games in the league, scored 12 goals. His overall rating for the season was 7.67 in all competitions. Not as prolific as Dombaxe, but let’s be honest, Dombaxe stole all the goals.

Goal of the Season

Greg McDermott v Nuneaton

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North         1th           Promoted - Champions 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comfortable win against Worcester.. ease through into the FA Cup 4th Round to play..... away to Championship West Ham. Could have been a better draw than that, but at least there's going to be some money in the coffers!

My team is attempting to do one of the worse collapses i've seen in fm. At the start of feb my top scorer got injured for 7 months, i won the next 2 games to go 1 point behind the leaders and 15 ahead of 6th place.

now with 3 games to i'm just 5 points ahead of 6th and the playoffs are seeming distant, my strikers can't buy a goal, 3 of my midfielders are out for the season, my wingers form is matching my strikers and the defenders and goalie make individual errors leading to goals every game :mad:

4 games into my 3rd season (2nd in BSP) and im 9th place, 7 points, and 3 points away from the top.

Havent made many huge signings, and i think i won't as it seems like there is no one who is good enough to replace my current crop of players.

Hoping i can push for promotion/playoffs, but will have to wait and see.

GOOD NEWS is i have played the top 3 already and got 2 wins and a loss from those games :)

I'm begining to think there might be a bug in my game, my board keeping putting money in once or twice a month between 30k to 75k. So far this year its topping 800K :eek:

I've gone from 250k in debt to 300k in the black in spite of making no cup progress, its getting quite ridiculous.

Edit: Perhaps the chairman is simply trying to make it look more attractive to future investors since i notice he's 'enjoying life at the club'

I'm begining to think there might be a bug in my game, my board keeping putting money in once or twice a month between 30k to 75k. So far this year its topping 800K :eek:

I've gone from 250k in debt to 300k in the black in spite of making no cup progress, its getting quite ridiculous.

Edit: Perhaps the chairman is simply trying to make it look more attractive to future investors since i notice he's 'enjoying life at the club'

I've had the same thing. It's rare for me not to be in massive debt until the Premiership in this challenge!

I've had the same thing. It's rare for me not to be in massive debt until the Premiership in this challenge!

Personally i've never had a board so consistantly put money in, especially since they didn't until the last month of the first 2 seasons

Offer contract, player wants non-contract terms.

Contract accepted.

Other teams offer player contract.

Offer new contract, player requests non-contract, is "very happy with the offer".

Contract accepted.

Other teams offer player a contract.

Rinse and repeat.

Number 18 here - reddevil4ever - npower League Two WINNERS - Season 2016-17

An amazing season continuing the good form from last year, with us winning the npower league 2 (graph) with 2 games to go, and having a good run in JPT reaching the South semi final, we also went on an FA Cup run getting to the fourth round losing 1-0 to wolves.

I did a little tinkering with the team signing 9 players, but releasing 14 players over the 2 transfer windows who would no longer feature in my team plans as they weren't good enough doing this also meant we kept under the wage budget. The squad for the season and the best player once again was Mirko Ranieri who again had a good season between the sticks keeping another 22 clean sheets and only conceding 40 goals in 52 appearences.

The finances are also in good shape even with the bank loan for the new stadium that worked started on last season, with the gate receipts and Tv money from the cup runs saw the club finish with a positive bank balance for the second season in a row.

#2 Worksop BSP 2014/15

The season started slowly but the team soon built up an impressive momentum which took them into the playoffs by halfway. By Feb the team was in 2nd when my top scorer Komora broke his leg. The squad won the next game to go within a point of the top although having played 2 games more and 15 points ahead of 6th with 15 games remaining.

After that a Devon Loch effort ensued as the strikers didn't look like scoring, the wingers were equally feeble, my best 3 central midfielders were all injured and the defence and goalie had horror shows every game. Drawing the last game i still thought i was in the playoffs until Wrexham scored a 87th min winner to beat me on goal difference.

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

I made no real cup progress being throughly trashed 3-0 by L1 Colchester in the FA cup and losing to Grimsby in the FA trophy.

My finances are good all thanks to the board pumping money in although they have cut my wage budget by £700 p/w for next season but given me a transfer budget of 31K :confused:

Squad

Transfers

I was actually happy with the squad and the depth at the start of the season.

Defensively i was very strong as Tank was able to continue his good form.

In midfield Thomas and Selnaes were a strong pairing although Selnaes fell away by the end of the season and lost motivation quickly.

Up front Mandron was hopeless and as my highest earner should be better - i've flogged him to Modena for 190K and brought in Scapuzzi for next season. Bijev was brought in to replace Koroma after his leg break but only scored in one game, l will keep him next season in the hope he improves.

Since none of my wingers will sign new contracts there could be a fair bit of change in the squad next season.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups              Europe               Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd           FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                   None
2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                   Promoted via playoffs
2014/15        BSP           6TH          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                   None

Thats odd, i've got some players whose youth contracts have expired, they haven't left the club but have moved onto FT training. Might keep them around to see if they improve a lot since the rest of my side are on PT contracts

. <3

Loving it!

... I'm the defending team, and if you can't make out what happens after they hit the bar; my own defender trying to clear the ball TOWARDS the goal and hitting the bar before it's pinball time....

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2019/20

League Table | Squad Transfers In / Out

I wanted to stay in the League but we finished just short of a Play-Off place. We were inconsistent most of the season but I am more than happy with our final positioning. We were disappointing in the cup competitions, hopefully we can do better next season

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd          

Just realised i can sign some extra staff and looked at a few foreign ones, i was amazed at the level of knowledge they have of countries compared to last years fm.

I reckon you could actually get 100% knowledge at top clubs

Finally up from the BSS after 3 seasons with Weymouth! Won the league though I somehow feel like I missed out on the playoffs pay day! My cup runs are rubbish, so my finances are very small, but still in the black!

I've signed some very good youngsters over the 3 seasons thanks to my coaches, so going to have to put faith in them to keep me up, as I have no transfer funds and a wage budget of 3k!

I don't know why I was so succesful in the league last year, as it was pretty much the same team that finished 10th the season before. Perhaps it was moving over to a very basic tactic, or my youngsters coming of age, or maybe both.

Anyway, onward and upward!

EDIT: Still can't sign any players on a non contract? What's up with that? Board restriction? There is never the option to do it.

#86 - Gilbster - AFC Hornchurch - BSS - 2014/15 End of Season Playoff

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfer | Finances

It is seasons like this one where I really don't understand football or FM12! However I am not really complaining!

After the nightmare of last season, where we narrowly avoided relegation on last day of the season, I let a fair few players ago, and freed up some wage budget. I also had a look on my player search screen for amateur players, figuring if there were any, I may be able to sign them on non contracts and save money. Half of that was a good idea, I found players but I cant sign anyone on a Non Contract. However I did find Eric Keane who I managed to poach from Kilmarnock, and he turned into the star of my season. I also managed to find a few other Irish players who were good for the league and were available for cheap wages, which gave my squad a lot more depth than the previous time round.

I also think that my scouts and staff were finding a marginally better quality of player that could be afforded, so despite being awful the past 2 seasons I think my rep had improved slightly. Either way it made for a much more pleasurable season.

We managed a fantastic run to the first round of the FA Cup, where we were thrashed by MK Dons, but we did beat Ebsfleet of the BSP in the 4th Qualifying round. We also managed to get to the first round of the FA Trophy, so had a couple of really good cup runs.

Our league for was fairly consistent we were generally either winning or losing, and not much draws, and as a result, we were getting points but also lost far too many games. However with a few games to go I realised it was mathematically still possible to get into the playoffs, although I would have been delighted with mid table, after my past 2 seasons. It went down to the last game of the season, where we needed results to go our way, including Bromley to draw or lose and us to win. Amazingly things went AFC Hornchurches way and we made it to the playoffs in 5th place.

First up was Salisbury who finished 2nd, and who we had only beaten once before.

Leg 1 AFC Hornchurch 2-1 Salsbury

Leg 2 Salsbury 2-2 AFC Hornchurch

I couldnt believe it to be honest, we got to the play off finals. It was against Dartford who we hadnt beaten in the previous 7 matches, so I wasnt overly hopeful. And the day before the final I had a job offer from Plymouth (L2 - relegated), which of course I declined.

Playoff Final

All I can say is well done boys, and its gonna be tough next season.

My board have gone mad with the promotion and decided to build a new stadium, putting us into a lot of debt and which will only give us 2k more capacity. Makes no sense to me, but just hope the put it in a location where further expansions can be made as I go up the ladder.

Aims

Stay up at all costs

Strengthen squad to BSP level

Hold onto Eric Keane and other good players

Not to mess up pre-season, like I often manage, as a manger!

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSS         18th    3rd Qual    FAT 1st Round
2013/14   BSS         19th    2nd Qual    FAT 3rd Qual
2014/15   BSS         5th     1st R       FAT 1st Round          Promoted via Playoffs

FC United - 2011/12 Season Review - Blue Square Bet North

Blue Square Bet North: 1st (17th)

FA Cup: 1st Round (Lost 2-1 to Farnborough)

FA Trophy: 2nd Round (Lost 3-0 to Fleetwood)

Transfers

Financial Balance: £61,313

A very good season, even after a shaky start. We won our first match 3-2 over Southport but things weren't looking good as we picked up only a couple of points in our next 3 games but we turned everything around with a good run and even though Corby were looking unstoppable with Omar Koroma and Tom Troke, a 17 year old newgen, up front, both of which were League 2 quality, the second with the potential to become a good Championship striker. The two managed over 50 goals between them over the course of the season but dropped from first after 13 games to only 4th. Our strike force wasn't the best and I only played one striker up front anyway, but our very solid defence won us the title, Charlie MacMillan the stand out, a newgen who signed with us and is way better than our next best defender who is also fairly solid. He managed two red cards in his first 5 games but picked up after that with 10 goals and was very impressive in defence. Laste Dombaxe signed on a free after his contract with Tottenham expired, really stood out and even the captaincy at the age of 17-18 didn't bring his performances down. He did complain that a very light training schedule was still too heavy though which really annoyed me cause those on a low workload didn't complain and he, on a training workload about 5 times lighter was still complaining. Our goals conceded should have been a lot less as well after losing 5-1 a few games before the end of the season before going down to Corby 5-0 on the final match-day.

Key Players:

Charlie MacMillan - Our best player this season, making a wonderful impression in his first season at only 19 years of age. Red cards early in the season and an injury cut back his playing time slightly but he played nearly every minute when he was available with some very good stamina. He has the potential to become a great player, probably even Championship standard. He's rated 5 star CA, better than the other central defender I brought in who still averaged better than 7 a game. 10 goals and 4 MOTMs for the season with an average rating of 7.37. Very great.

Wes Baynes - The first transfer we made (although completed the move at the start of the transfer window) and he was great at right fullback. He was very solid in both attack and defence and was a huge threat from free kicks scoring 2 or 3 goals from set pieces (can't remember). Just a solid all-round fullback, not great in any aspect but nothing really lets him down, apart from his aerial ability.

Curtis Thompson - Thompson was solid in central midfield. We pulled in a number of central midfielders due to my tendency to play a 4-3-2-1 formation with 3 central midfielders. Thompson was the best, scoring a fair few goals and setting up a lot as well, the most goals and assists of all the central midfielders. He wasn't outstanding but he did his job well and will continue next season, when he comes back from injury, one that he suffered towards the end of the season.

Laste Dombaxe - He is a great player. Signed on a free, after being released from Tottenham and handed the captaincy duties straight away. He was way too good for this level, creating the most goals in the lead, with 16 assists and showed good finishing as well with 10 goals, the second most in the squad, tied with MacMillan.

Jernade Meade - He doesn't seem an overly great player but he has good pace and the ability to get in behind the defence. He did well on the left wing, scoring 8 goals and although most of his assists came from corners, he set up a lot of attacking moves. Despite not having a great CA, only good for Blue Square North, he has the potential to become a leading league 2 winger so I'm hopeful he can improve quickly.

Matty Wolfenden - Despite signing a couple of new strikers, Wolfenden remained the number one, due to the others inability to find the back of the net when needed. He wasn't outstanding but was solid up front, topping our goal charts with 16 goals to add to 4 assists. He was very great in the cups as well with 7 goals in 7 games. Hopefully he can keep up the goals in the Blue Square Premier division and hopefully we can push for another promotion.

Career Overview:

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North     1st               Promoted - Champions

Manager #83

Unfortunately going to have to pull out of this, got a corrupt game file, i cant get past the 12th March 2012, tried holidaying past it and stuff still no joy, gutted cos i'd got a bit of a connection going with Oxford. Will probably pop back at some point and have another crack.

Archived