dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ChippenhamTownBadge.png

#20 - CHIPPENHAM - BLUE SQUARE SOUTH - 2014/2015

Squad - Transfers In & Out - Final Table - Position History

I resisted the urge to make any major transfers this pre-season as I was quite happy with the spine of my team. Instead I went about making some new goalkeepers a top priority and picking out a handful of signings that could hopefully benefit us for the season ahead.

We started the season in fine form and held top spot in the league for some time to the surprise of many, myself included. Sadly, like in other seasons, a fall wasn't too far away and it hit us hard as we went from top to not even in the playoffs. We struggled for consistency for the rest of the campaign and a new tactic could be worth investigating for the second half next season to ensure we don't get found out yet again.

The cups didn't provide much in terms of funds. We reached the 1st round of the FA Cup where we suffered a 2-0 loss to Rochdale. The highlight of the run was a revenge victory over Swindon Supermarine in the 3rd Qualifying Round, even if it was after a replay, to make up for the loss to them during my first season. We slumped out of the FA Trophy before the 1st Round after losing to Solihull Moors in a replay.

In other news I also received my first job offers of the game with Mansfield and Kidderminster of the BSP both feeling I was the man who could revive their fortunes.

I also collected the Manager of the Season award for the first time.

FINAL POSITION - 7TH

HIGH - The first half of the season. Top of the league, clear by a few points. Heaven.

LOW - Losing 5 league games in a row to slip down the table in late January-February. We never really recovered from it.

KEY PLAYERS

Adam Francis - In what could be his last season for me (his wages are too much for us now) Francis delivered yet again. It'll be hard to try and move him on.

Josh Millwood - I doubt I'll ever manage another DC who scores so much. Another big player that I should probably be trying to move on to reduce the wage bill.

Charlie Taylor - Another good season for Charlie, first choice left back when available.

Stephen Chiocchi - 11 assists this season, great stuff from my right back.

Kurtis March - The playmaker and captain chipped in with some big goals this season, even if most were from the penalty spot!

Jim Thompson - If I could only keep one player of my current squad Jim would be him. He's still only 18 but another prolific season. Legend in waiting.

Aristote Amisi Kamaneno - It was a big gamble of a signing but he was the best of my new arrivals this summer by some way.

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON

• Squad overhaul sadly. We're doing badly finance wise so I think I'll have to sacrifice some of our high earners.

• Cup runs are needed.

• Don't get relegated or enter administration.
  • Beat fierce rivals Bath next season after their drop down to the BSS.

[u]SEASON LEAGUE POSITION CUPS
[/u]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7208991&viewfull=1#post7208991"]2012/13[/url] Blue Square South 15th FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7239719&viewfull=1#post7239719"]2013/14[/url] Blue Square South 14th FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
2014/15 Blue Square South 7th FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Well reloaded a few times and I have decided to go with Marine. So here is my character, Juan Pedro Martinez, a young manager from Ecuador who has come to England to make it big in football. He used to watch Liverpool games on the telly as a boy, now he has a chance to pursue the dream of managing on Merseyside – well that’s what he said at the first press conference anyway. ;) Interesting feature: one of the questions was about my lack of English (asked in English!) which gives me a good excuse to leave all the talking to the assistant. And if I don't bother turning up on matchdays because "I don't feel right" I can always blame a mistranslation, amirite?! I can however give the lads a bollocking in Quechua apparently which is probably quite a niche skill in the FM world.

The squad I inherited isn’t going to set the BSN on fire but it was pleasing that all the defenders and the keeper were good in the air and really really slow, which shows a reasonable attempt by the previous manager to build a squad. However 3 of them are on ridiculous wages and I couldn’t move them on e.g. the highest earner Neil Harvey – what a waste of money.

I’ve let a few of their contracts expire and got rid of a couple on free transfers. The incoming lot are supposedly a marginal improvement but really they mainly ensure I can cover decent players with decent players. Squad My 3 quality targets recommended by the coaches all had their work permits turned down even though they’d just been released by other English clubs, how can that be right? :mad: So our best player is Callum Byrne. I’m hoping the rest improve as they play, but I will mention Jordan Patrick, surely the ultimate test of the theory that physical stats are all you need at this level - look at all those 2s! :lol:

The U18 squad has a grand total of 1 player, and their youth facilities are rented so I doubt there’ll be much joy from that side of the set-up.

My season goals are:

Avoid relegation

Avoid debt (Only 16 players plus the three rejects who won’t go on p/t contracts)

Work out which of this lot I can build a team around.

Oh, preseason wasn't the best - couldn't even beat the grey zombies in my own reserves!

Just managed a 1-1 draw away at BSP Dover in the FAT 2nd round --- despite having 4 attack midfielders or strikers out on long-term injuries, and despite having my star DC suspended due to a professional foul sending-off in the prior match. By the time the replay at home is up, I will have Tunnecliffe back, and maybe one or two of the strikers as well. I just might pull off an upset!

Mid-Season Update

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Table

I've been floating around just outside the playoffs all year, but a couple of big wins in December have lifted me up to 5th place. My defence has been leaking goals all year, but luckily I've been scoring goals as well. I'm hoping my 'we'll score more goals than you' tactic will be enough to get us to the play offs this season.

Cups

In F.A cup we got to the first round proper, but lost to BSN high flyers Barrow in a replay. We were unlucky to draw BSN leaders AFC Telford in the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Trophy, and went out of that competition early.

We had a very thin squad when I arrived, with only a few players capable of performing at BSN level. With no money to spend I relied on free transfers to build my squad. Key signings include top scorer Ben Williamson, who has formed a strong partnership up front recently with Neil Harvey. Harvey missed the start of the season through injury, but has come into form since returning with 5 goals in his last 6 games. Another key addition was Stefan Oakes, who is my player/coach and a real class act at this level.

All in all, a solid start. Hopefully we can continue this momentum and push for a play off finish.

note: I don't seem to be on the list on the front page. I posted my profile about a week ago (post #1351)

Well my Welsh save is getting tedious, so it's time for a new challenge.

Billiericay possibly have the worst name for a team I've ever seen, as well as a fairly bland logo, but I haven't seen too many others pick them, so they're my choice for this challenge. I've set expectations to avoid relegation, though my personal target is a safe mid-table finish.

Now I've got 3 or 4 hours before my weekend is officially over, so hopefully I can power through a season and get a review posted by the end of the night.

Have started out with two solid draws away to Dover and at home to title fancies Crewe, and have looked reasonable. Was well worth a point in the former and was the better side against Crewe.

However, immediately after I took the lead, the AI pulled out

. Annoying.

I think he's talking about the scout/contract thing but he's about 48 hours too late if that's the case. Plus I don't think HenryJudas has posted in here since.

Yes it was a couple of days ago but just posted a quiet word in case it flared up again.:thup:

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 3 - 2014/15 – Blue Square Premier

Preseason - Media Prediction: 15th

Eventually...

Club Info

Second season in the Blue Square Premier. After last seasons struggle, I wanted a bit better this year. Media predicted 15th, board wanted mid-table, I wanted top half.

The Season

This year went a bit better than the last, I'd say. We started off slowly, well, 5 games... before we were third. Then the rollercoaster ride began. Up and down, up and down, up and down. We never went above 3rd, but never went below 11th. That was until we hit the 37th game of the season, when we started our climb to first. Everything was going so well, we were in first... then we dropped to 2nd. And it ended there. Absolute heartbreak. The final day of the season, we lost to Hayes & Yeading 3-1. The playoffs beckoned. We drew Burton Albion. In the first leg, 2-2 was the score. In the second leg, penalties decided it, and we won. In the final, our good friends Aldershot, who we destroyed 6-0 last season. That game ended 2-1, and we were promoted!

Another notable effort was our FA Cup run. We managed to get to the 4th round before losing to Wolves. If we'd beaten them, Manchester United would have been next.

Blue Square Premier Table | Position Graph

Burton Albion v FC United | FC United v Burton Albion

FC United v Aldershot

FA Cup Run

Transfers | Squad (1) (2)

Confidence | Finances

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year

Marcus Tudgay

Fan's player of the year, and also top scorer. 38 league games, 23 goals. He also got top scorer in the league itself. I don't think we'd have been promoted if it wasn't for him.

Top Scorer

Marcus Tudgay

See above.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

This season, the surprise wasn't so much of a good one. It was more of a shock. Losing to Hayes & Yeading on the last day to lose out on the title was horrible. I thought we'd do it, and then we got beat by Hayes & freakin' Yeading.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Marcus Tudgay

Marcus gets this too. He was outstanding. Absolutely outstanding.

Goal of the Season

No G-Mac this season. He didn't score, surprisingly. This season, Jamie Proctor gets it with a lovely chip.

Jamie Proctor v Stockport

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions 
2013/14         Blue Square Premier       13th          Survived Relegation
2014/15         Blue Square Premier       2nd           Promoted - Playoffs

Yh i got 1 or 2 others from germany and also denmark ! the only way I can get some good players tbh ! :)

Lots from Denmark and Germany (and other U19/21s), but they rarely will go on trial before january or later, meaning that its a constant fear of losing your targets to other clubs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIrxarB-m73szEDmKQum4x1CIxs7PPW0S-YvncjvoRHrnIba2WFQ

#42 - Bury Town Fc - Glenn Crane - 2014/2015 - End of Season Review - BSP - 2nd - PROMOTED Via Playoffs

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3 Table

This season my main aim was to secure a play off spot, after being relatively close last season.

Also i wanted to try to make the team more consistent, which was no easy feat for sure.

The start of the season saw us continue where we left off with some half decent results, but some pretty poor ones too. However it was our Home form that started with a bang. We seemed to be winning most home matches, and drawing or losing most of the away matches. Which of course i was not happy about.

This trend seemed to continue throughout the season, only losing one home game, which was ridiculous considering it was to last place at the time Plymouth who has just come down for League 2 (They went on to get relegated) and it was a Christian Baz OG that did it :(

Our away form did pick up, once i get used to a more regular settled first team, with a few clever first team and rotation additions.

The team coped well with change again. With a whole host of changes during the season, although not quite as many as the previous two seasons.

FA Trophy

Well my policy has been to throw cup games, as i want to concentrate on climbing the leagues, and as the fixtures are congested enough i thought a cup run wouldn't help. My team has other plans. We got all the way to the final where we played non league Margate. Straight forward and simple job considering the run i was on...RIGHT?

Nope Margate took us to extra time, however two extra time goals from Lee Carpenter sealed the win, and my first piece of silverware :)

Final

Towards the end of the season we were flying, and actually went TWENTY FOUR games unbeaten. A record which will be nice to take into L2.

Due to this run it was possible to catch up to macclesfield. After a huge away result against them, in which we got a man sent off in the first half but managed to score a LATE late winner, we were in contention to win the league. Unfortunately we had to count on other teams to stop them, which just didnt happen, so it was 2nd place and the playoffs for Bury Town.

Playoff Semi Finals

I was pretty happy with the playoff fixtures. Crewe jumped into the last playoff place on the last game of the season, and i had to play them away first.

It was a pretty straightforward and comfortable win, with both of my strikers Robertson and Ansah getting a goal a piece, and Crewe not causing too many scares.

Leg 1

Leg 2 for me was more a formality, with our amazing home form and the run we were on i was confident that anyone who came to our new Bury Town Stadium would have to pull out something spectacular to get a win. As it turns out we pretty much dominated this game too, another 2-0 win, one for Ansah again and one for our captain Corbin Ong. Amazingly we were in the final with little to no trouble, against bury who also won 2-0 in both legs.

Leg2

FINAL

The final was a tense affair if only for my stomach. We started off well, attacking Bury and were on the front foot for the whole of the first half Leskur bagged a first half goal on the 20 minute mark, and we were in control. I told the players i was happy at half time, and they repsonded magnificently, Wright who was on a 6.2 came out 2nd half like a different player, scoring in the 47th minuted, and even though they replied with a 71st minute goal, Wright popped up again to score his second on the 85th minute mark. It was over we had won 3-1 and we were into League 2 :)

Final

Summary

Here is the final Table

Position Graph

Transfers In/Out Pt2

Fixtures Pt1 Pt2 Pt3

Key Players

Zak Ansah - There is not much i can say about this guy that his stats don't show. He is a goal machine, plain and simple, he knows where the goal is and has a knack for getting the ball in the back of the net. He has a few different strike partners during the season, from baseya, to Robertson, but it didn't really matter. All that mattered was that when he played he would more than likely play a part in setting up the goal, or be curling one into the far corner. Ended up as top goalscorer in the BSP. In my eyes this guy is already a legend.

Jordan Robertson - My other main striker for the season, and a great pick up for free. This guy was the perfect foil for Ansah, would flick the ball on for the pacey striker, and would bag a few goals himself. When Ansah was away on International duty he would step up and score the extra goals, and when Ansah came back he seemed to let him take the lead. The only thing he needs to work on is to tone down his aggression (Which strangely is happening if you look at his stats).

Joe Wright - This guy has been on form this season, and he really has been providing alot of the goals. His 28 assists is a new record for the club and 11 goals playing from either wing is not bad either. He basically ran the show in the playoff final, and hopefully can make the step up to L2.

Kristijan Leskur - Has not done a great deal since he has joined the club, but is on the key players list as i believe that he is going to be a key player for the next 2 seasons at least. Has some problems settling, but a leave of abscence to go visit Crotia seemed to have helped. His stats are ridiculous for the BSP, lets just hope he can find some more form in L2.

Lee Carpenter - Usually would appear on the right whilst Wright was on the left, and although did not get as many assists or goals, he still was vital to our success this season. 5 goals, 13 assists and gained his first full Wales cap. This guy again has ridiculous stats for this level and is another one who i can see hanging around next season and maybe a couple of more after. According to my coaches he could become a good Championship Player.

Jacob Sokolik & Lavere Corbin Ong - These guys go together like 2 peas in a pod, or 2 tanks on a field. When they play together our defence looks pretty damn good. Both with AVG over 7.00 and both chip in with a few goals to help the team. My first choice CB partnership this season has proved to gel together well. Lets just hope they can both make the step up to L2.

Other News & Awards

Not much really - apart from moving into my new stadium. (Bury Town Stadium)

We upgraded our training facilities.

Also Zac Ansah was the top goalscorer for the division.

I was Manager of the year.

The board decided to up the seats in the stadium by 787 which will take the next 4 months to complete.

Next Seasons Aims

1. Mid table - We need to gain a foothold in L2. I don't expect to just easily make the jump up. The initial wage budget is only 7k which is 1.5 k more than i am spending right now. Which means after renewing contracts, hopefully getting some on FT contracts, i won't have much if any money left over. Mid table will set us up nicely for next season.

2. Quality - Bring in a few more players who have quality for L2, and can also make the step up to L1 or the championship. Basically a few more players with Carpenter or Leskurs stats.

3. Focus on a good cup run - Recently i have been throwing the cups. Even though that didnt work with the FA trophy which i was destined to win it seems like. However this year i would like to go further in the FA cup and maybe get a lucrative draw against a premiership side or two.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7222572#post7222572"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    2nd                        Playoff Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7249022#"]2013/14[/url]              Blue Square Premier                  9th                       9th Place, FA Cup 1st round (Oldham)
2014/15              Blue Square Premier                 2nd                        Playoff Winners, Fa Trophy Winners

Yh i got 1 or 2 others from germany and also denmark ! the only way I can get some good players tbh ! :)

Yeah, manually scouting national teams and offering trials is a great way to find free players. I've found some cracking players in Sweden, Portugal and Croatia too. Time consuming, but well worth it!

Nice! There seems to be some good, free talent available from Germany.

I just had a look in the German under 19s and there are four unattached teenagers, three of which look outstanding (and no clubs interested). Board won't increase my scouting outside of the UK so I've offered trials to all four, but don't like my chances.

I just had a look in the German under 19s and there are four unattached teenagers, three of which look outstanding (and no clubs interested). Board won't increase my scouting outside of the UK so I've offered trials to all four, but don't like my chances.

Germany always seems to have the most unattached players, but some of them may be too good for our crappy Dafuge's challenge teams!

Don't think I'm going to have too much trouble staying up - currently 3-5-1 to sit in 9th place with 14 points and not getting outplayed at all. The loss was a dodgy one too, as I played Aldershot off the park and lost 0-1 to a penalty.

My star AMC from the BSS left the club as he wanted far too much in wages (fair play to him, he managed to double his wages at Scunthorpe in L1) and I wasn't able to find a good enough replacement. I find using an AMC is one of those things that only works if you have a good one, as otherwise you're just left with a passenger, so I've switched to two up front which seems to be working. Happy with my squad but I've got enough wage budget left to make a signing if need be.

BSP is probably my favourite league, as it's so even and competitive and is, from my own experiences, the hardest one to get out of along with the Champo.

Don't think I'm going to have too much trouble staying up - currently 3-5-1 to sit in 9th place with 14 points and not getting outplayed at all. The loss was a dodgy one too, as I played Aldershot off the park and lost 0-1 to a penalty.

My star AMC from the BSS left the club as he wanted far too much in wages (fair play to him, he managed to double his wages at Scunthorpe in L1) and I wasn't able to find a good enough replacement. I find using an AMC is one of those things that only works if you have a good one, as otherwise you're just left with a passenger, so I've switched to two up front which seems to be working. Happy with my squad but I've got enough wage budget left to make a signing if need be.

BSP is probably my favourite league, as it's so even and competitive and is, from my own experiences, the hardest one to get out of along with the Champo.

Im finding that playing with an AMC is really working for me this season, we have scored 58 goals in 27 matches in the league so far and a goal differnce of +35. 11 better than any other team in the league

Yeah, manually scouting national teams and offering trials is a great way to find free players. I've found some cracking players in Sweden, Portugal and Croatia too. Time consuming, but well worth it!

Yeah i do this every season, generally stick to just the European teams tho as it is mighty frustrating when you get some awesome player from out side of europe, happy to come on trial, happy to sign a contract and the the dreaded Work Permit destroys your dream!

Im finding that playing with an AMC is really working for me this season, we have scored 58 goals in 27 matches in the league so far and a goal differnce of +35. 11 better than any other team in the league

If you have a good one it's lethal, for sure, but if you're just putting someone average in that slot they tend to get lost in the game a bit. I'll switch back to playing an AMC once I find a good one.

On FM11 I went all the way from BSP to the Prem with Forest Green playing two up front, however then managed to get this guy on the cheap from United, played him in the hole and ended up winning three league titles with a lone striker scoring 40+, as he used to just dictate the play.

well 1st impressions of my new club is:

i'm gonna need a miracle this season as only have these players at club.

to do this season

1) need at least 15-20 players to stand a chance of staying up this year

2) have a cup run if possible to increase funds to allow me to get players required

3) pray that 50-50's go my way during the season to help the fight to stay in this league

Archived