dafuge's FM12 challenge

Opening post for me. Let's do this with FC United of Manchester - The Red Rebels. Profile link: here

Goals for the season:

1. Sign good scouts asap to get some good players in without the risk of poor scouting info by the poor assman/coach. (Done!)

2. Patience in signing players.

3. Make a run for the playoffs or better, without compromising our finances.

4. Cup Run?

5. Make money on the season (Lots of friendlies early, +400k in the bank!)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BillericayTCrest1.gif

The better late than never season review - Billericay

Season 1 - 2012/13 – Blue Square North

Preseason Media Prediction: 22nd

Well the goal was to secure a safe mid-table finish and with some heavy raiding of premier league discards we managed to achieve...

Promotion!

We probably could have ended up as champions if I didn't tinker needlessly with my tactics mid way through the season, but the result is still more than satisfactory.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North         2nd           Promoted via playoffs

Meet your team of the week, Hastings United!!! (Mostly!)

(I've had as many as 5 before, in FM2011 --- never more!) One for the records thread I think :)

Came after a 6-0 shellacking of Chelmsford -- Mannion with two goals and an assist, Brace with two goals, Cassidy with a goal and two assists, Harris with a goal...lowest team rating was a sub ML at 6.9 with 15 min played (one assist)...GK had 7.0 with his clean sheet (1 save).

One of two matches all season (37 matches in) where I absolutely dominated --- 22 shots to 4 (9 on target vs 1).

5 matches to go, and I'm one point out of playoff spots...need another game or two like this, and the teams above me to drop some points, if I'm to make the playoffs (Ebbsfleet sealed the title 4 or 5 matches ago!)

Meet your team of the week----Hastings United!!! (Mostly!)

(I've had as many as 5 before, in FM2011 --- never more!) One for the records thread I think :)

Came after a 6-0 shellacking of Chelmsford -- Mannion with two goals and an assist, Brace with two goals, Cassidy with a goal and two assists, Harris with a goal...lowest team rating was a sub ML at 6.9 with 15 min played (one assist)...GK had 7.0 with his clean sheet (1 save).

Think you got the wrong link, it goes to your records. Should be this link i guess?

Congrats btw. Looking good!

Shaggy61 Bedford Town number 60 Season 1 BSN

Thoroughly enjoyable first season back in the game, began with an amazing 5 straight wins, which i knew was too good to be true and so it proved finishing a lowly 13th. Although we were in playoff contention for most of the season the loss of creative midfielder Martin proved a blow and we finished poorly as youth was given a run out towards the end of the season.

Positives included the centre back in form of Hoyte and striker Lee. In addition we had a good fa cup run to the first round proper before a classy colchester battered us. This did give us a nice llittle income and with wage budget under control we seem ok on financial side for first year.

Coming into pre season the dead wood will be shelved and a need for a new keeper is priority.

I generally try to play the game slow and steady building up 2/3 seasons between promotions to try and build the infrustructure at the club. Compared to 2010 this first season was a breeze but can now go and target the players to get us at least into the playoffs next season.

True, but I think it might be a problem for peole like GOM, who didn't have immediate success, as his teams rep kept falling, so eventually he was unable to sign many players. I think this might be the cause of that situation?

It's going to have an effect on matchday performance aswell, as everytime your players take to the field, they'll feel inferior, even if they are superior.

My latest stats were:

100-1 winners BSP 1st season-finished 17th.

500-1 winners BSP 2nd season-finished 9th.

2000-1 winners BSP 3rd-ongoing.

Now how does that work, considering the squad is far stronger, financial results have been better, and the season on season results have improved?

Just checked mine, im only in my second season so tbh i dont know how much my rep should have changed but, i won the FA trophy in my 1st season, and have been sitting 1st in the BSP for most of this season and my Rep is below a majority of the BSS and BSN which seems odd.

BedfordTownFC.jpg

#18 - reddevil4ever - Blue Square Bet North - WINNERS - Season 2012-13

An amazing first season in charge, with us winning the league at a canter and getting to the 3rd round of the FA Cup where we played Arsenal at home losing 6-1.

Table Graph Arsenal FA Cup

When i took over at the club we only had 18 players over the 3 squads so first task was to decide who to keep, who to release. Once this was done I was left with 6 players so into the transfer market i went. I then went abit scatter gun signing anyone and everyone just to have a full squad for the season.

In the end over the course of the season i signed 36 players to fill out the squads as best as possible, but those that didn't make the grade were released this totalled 12 players and a further 2 were sold in the january transfer window for £575,000. The chairman decided to accept an offer for one of them as it was for £575,000 which board could not turn down and this helped keep the club in the black this season.

Squad Xfres1 Xfers2 Finances

Best player of the season was Emmanuel Richardson, who finished the season having made 47 appearances scoring 33 times and assisted in a further 24 goals, with an overall rating of 7.96.

Plans for next season:

1) Avoid relegation

2) Improve squad to ensure point 1 is accomplished.

3) Have a cup run or two so funds would be available to improve facilities, ready for any further promotions.

Drew. FC United. Blue Square Premier. 2013/2014

Table - Champions, we managed to get promoted at the first time asking for the 2nd season in a row, I feel that playing as FC United is easier than Lowestoft, we started off okay, but then we managed to put some decent results together and it all became easy from then on.

Graph - As you can see from the graph we started off slowly, but then on matchday 37 we went top and help on for the rest of the season.

Squad - We improved on the positions that needed improving, it took a few games for the squad to gel, but when they did, it really showed in terms of performances and results; Sam Pearce was a monster at the back, and helped himself to a few goals as well, always a threat from set pieces; Dan Ward continued what he done best from last season, and he did it very well, I believe I will get a few more seasons out of him before I may have to replace him, Robert Brennan was equally as impressive, was solid on the left flank, him and Ward linked up well, and chipped in with a few goals and assists; Ciaran Bonner arrived in January and chipped in with a few goals, although I did not think he was that much of a key player, I'm undecided as to wether I should get rid of him during the summer; Kudus Oyenuga wow, what a player, doesn't have the best stats, but he's always in the best place at the right time, played a pivotal role in us securing promotion, I need to bring in a few decent wingers during the summer to feed him for next season.

Transfers - Deadwood left, and some decent players came in.

Finances - Thank god for our F.A. Cup run.

Me

Aims for next season:

Aim for mid-table.

Improve the squad.

I tried to upload a picture of the FC United badge, but either my brain is fully in Holiday mode, or it wont let me.

So anyway....

FC United - Season 2014/2015 - omgwtfbbq #12

Blue Square Bet Premier

Squad - Finances - Table - Boardroom - Manager Profile - FA Trophy

BSP

We won very comfortably, only 2 losses at the end of the season when I was resting players and letting some of the younger players have a game.

FA Cup

We did utter pish. So no money from this cup.

FA Trophy

We won it, majorly impressed, although it did cause a good fixture congestion at december/january time with games being postponed. At one point i had 2 games in 2 days, which was nuts. But we hung on in their and played magnificently.

Awards

Manager of the Year

Player of the Year

Turning Professional & Scary AssMan!

Next Seasons Objectives

Training facilities are due for completion in November - hope to improve current crop of players

Improve upon squad

Current season objective is avoid relegation, im personally hoping for mid table safety

Good cup run

Improve stadium

Anyone else getting cash injections? My FC United board have given me a total of £500k this season. No idea where they are coming from as I'm a fan run club.

That seems to be happening to a lot of people in the challenge this year. Makes a nice change from everyone being in massive debt I suppose!

Anyone else getting cash injections? My FC United board have given me a total of £500k this season. No idea where they are coming from as I'm a fan run club.

£180k from my St Albans chariman/board this season.

I guess they must have sold the lead from the cathedral roof.

Despite only losing 4 games all season and sitting at the top of the table for most of it, and untill recently having a 6 point lead with 2 games in hand, it seems my players are determined to make this a nerve biting end to the season, i have now lost the last 4 games in a row and dropped to 2nd place!! shipping 13 goals inc a 4-1 thumping followed by an even worse 6-1 embaressment. 6 Games to go need to g et back on track!!

#94 Delnaja - Canvey Island

Season 2

Result - 13th Table

FA Cup beaten 2-0 in 1st round by Crystal Palace

FA Trophy - 4th Round defeat to Gloucester

Really disappointing season overall, dreadful start to the season, 6 losses in first 7 games left me rooted to the foot of the table. This was mainly due to a poor pre-season where a lot of my signings went into the season unfit. (graph)

I managed to get a 4.5.1 tactic to work fairly well and the players ultimately gelled reasonably well and steadily climbed the table but my finishing position was as good as it got.

We were well short of class at the back for a decent portion of the season but Jerry Nnamani proved he was cut out for this level with some sterling performances and chipping in with 8 goals. Other than Jerry no one stood out in particular.

Steady performances across the board. My strikers were a cause for concern top scorer was Michael O'Halloran was top scorer with just 12 in the league. So my priority is to replace the strikers and wingers with some class.

This was another season of huge incomings and outgoings with no less than 31 players brought in and 38 leaving. The team is much better prepared for this level next season and we shouldn't see such turnover of players next season

I took the advice of another player and went through the releases of all premier league clubs and whilst it took a long time I shortlisted them all and waited for the unsigned ones to talk to me. A few wouldn't even entertain the idea of signing until feb but I've managed to pick up a couple of gems for next season

Alban Bunjaku - Ex Arsenal

Adil Nabi - Ex West Brom

Ronnie Minkwitz - Ex Fulham He looks like a real gem and my scouts say he could play in the championship

Next season goals

Push for playoff spot

dont make too many squad changes

One worry I have is that my contract expires at the end of June and the board wont enter into negotiations for a longer contract due to my "performance" although they are delighted with my performance.

well ground getting a small upgrade as now in Blue Square Bet Premier so will be groundsharing with Luton Town FC

which was ideal as last preseason friendly was against Bordeaux as part of the sale of Phil Morris to them last season. So we had the money from the transfer and now from having over 4,500 through the turnstiles for the friendly

we gave Bordeaux a good game finally losing 2-0

alot of my players where on £0 a week and just bonuses or just £5 a week youth contracts and still managed to fit into the team and do a job, aslong as your defence is solid youll be ok :)

Yeh, I managed to get soem £5p/w players, most are filling the bench and being used as backups - some 'decent' as well. Even though technically the weakest area of the squad is our defence, we've conceded the least amount of goals so far with just 4 against us (in 7) thanks to our keeper and solid all round performances. Our forward players are classy, but need to get going and everyone needs to group together since its a whole new starting line up. So far so good though sitting 7th after 7 games, just need to start scoring a few more.

Well biggest result of my season/career! A home win in the forth round of the fa cup. Smashing result against the other canaries (norwich, well theyre reserves!).

Stats

Ratings

Am well chuffed!

Good result - had to take your chances and you did. I look forward to playing my fellow canaries at some point.

Promotion Achieved!!!

Congrats on achieving promotion and getting out of the bottom. Bigger and better things to come I hope!

Fitness is killing me at the end of the season no one can play more than 10 mins with out being "exhuasted"

Lower your training workload down & reduce the level of match prep. Might help. Or risk one game starting with some backups maybe... that's what I'd do anyway.

I give the players rest days whenever the fixture scheduling is tight to avoid tiredness. 1 day is usually enough, 2 if someone's really low on Condition. Couple that with some rotation and we're pretty much fine, barring any major injury problems.

At the end of my first year in charge we got a £30k cash injection to help with the running costs - fair enough after the debt I'd put us in with huge wages. At the start of the year we got another cash injection, this time £60k. Now the middle of October and we just recieved our third cash injection of the year, another £60k. A total of £120k injected so far to keep us going, but we're still (£160k) in the red and losing roughly £30k per month. I wonder how long the club can keep injecting cash before something major happens.

bedfordtownfc.gif

Bedford Town - Season 2015/2016 - Coca Cola League Two

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 15th

FA Cup: 4th Rnd loss to Fulham(0-3 away)

Carling Cup: 1st Rnd loss to Birmingham(1-2 away)

Johnstone's Trophy: 2nd round loss to Newport Co(0-2 away)

Best result: 2-0 win away against Carlisle(L1) in the FA cup 3rd Rnd

Worst result: 0-4 loss away to Aldershot

Top goalscorer: Ryan Donaldson, 13 (11 in L2)

Most assists: Elaninho, 12 (11 in L2)

Highest Average rating: Aristote Nsiala, 7.19 (7.19 in L1)

2012-13 Season Review:

A pretty average season. Not much excitement about the league position. I was in the middle of the pack from start to finish. However our cup runs gave some great moments this season. In the carling Cup we went up 1-0 efter ten minutes, but got our asses handed to us the last 20 minutes, and lost 2-1 away to Birmingham. The FA cup gave us wins against Carlisle(L1) and Newport Co. We drew Fulham in the 4th round. Earning around 400K in tickets and TV revenues. So my finances are more stable than ever :-)

Player of the season:

Aristote Nsiala - D LC - Still the rock of the defense which once again played well over the course of the season

Other Key Players

Loris Karius - GK - 19 clean sheets in the league. Although his ratings are still low, he delivers big.

Elaninho - M/AM RL - Speedy dribbler on the wing. Also the teams' set piece taker and integral part of the team in his first full season.

Ryan Donaldson - AM/S C - Not as important as the other seasons. A couple of injuries made life difficult. He did have some important goals though.

2013-14 Season Preview:

I would like to get a couple of players for the wide positions. With 3-4 decent to good additions I feel we're able to compete for promotion through playoffs. It's gonna be an exciting offseason.

Chip.png

#26 - JSAR - End of Season Report 2013/2014 Season

An Amazing Season, after a slow start, including 9 loses in a row in my friendlies, we went onto to rock the BSP winning 28 Games, drawing 9 and losing 9. Depsite this the Squad managed to make the last month or so interesting with a 5 game losing streak including a 6-1 and a 4-1 trashing. We picked it up in the last 3 games though and went onto win the last game of the season 6-0 securing us the BSP title and Promotion.

League

Past Positions

1st Palce

Cups

FA Cup 3rd round knocked out 2-1 by West Ham

FA Trophy -Lost to Wrexham in the Semi Finals

Transfers/Players

I bought a few players in for the step up to the BSP but these are the ones that really made the difference

Daragh McNamara

Matthias Fanimo

Emmanuel Mendy

Conrad Logan

Chris Turner

Goals for this Season

The board have given me a massive 1k on my wage budget taking it to 6.75k for the season so think signing any new players for L2 is going to be pretty tough so think this season is going to be a massive struggle.

#86 - Gilbster - 2015/16 BSP North Ferriby End of Season Update

Table | Positions

Start of the season saw me unable to sign many players as per usual, and with a fair amount leaving in hte close season, I was left with a weaker squad than before. This lead to the first 4 games of the season being losses, and I couldnt shake the feeling that I was unofficially in a relgation fight all season.

I was given a parent club of Scunthorpe and when my scouts suggests some Scunthorpe players, I managed to get them in on a short term loan. At the point that I wanted to renew their loans, though, I was under a transfer embargo while a consortium took over the club. By some miracle not only did they keep me on, but I got a marginal increase of wage budget, which I have since gone too far over but nothing vetoed. This meant that the second half of the season, our form was a bit stronger, and ultimately not an awful position in the league.

I am marginally worried by the really big long term loan the club have taken out to sort the debt out, and the board are regularly providing cash injections which will be helpful.

Aims:

Top half finish

More consistency

Perhaps 1 or 2 more key signings

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R

Chip.png

#26 - JSAR - End of Season Report 2013/2014 Season

An Amazing Season, after a slow start, including 9 loses in a row in my friendlies, we went onto to rock the BSP winning 28 Games, drawing 9 and losing 9. Depsite this the Squad managed to make the last month or so interesting with a 5 game losing streak including a 6-1 and a 4-1 trashing. We picked it up in the last 3 games though and went onto win the last game of the season 6-0 securing us the BSP title and Promotion.

League

Past Positions

1st Palce

Cups

FA Cup 3rd round knocked out 2-1 by West Ham

FA Trophy -Lost to Wrexham in the Semi Finals

Transfers/Players

I bought a few players in for the step up to the BSP but these are the ones that really made the difference

Daragh McNamara

Matthias Fanimo

Emmanuel Mendy

Conrad Logan

Chris Turner

Goals for this Season

The board have given me a massive 1k on my wage budget taking it to 6.75k for the season so think signing any new players for L2 is going to be pretty tough so think this season is going to be a massive struggle.

Yup no wages for me :( think im gonna have to do some smart loaning to make it through this season or just get lucky with some players and their wage expectations!

Yup no wages for me :( think im gonna have to do some smart loaning to make it through this season or just get lucky with some players and their wage expectations!

I found i just had to let players carry on on PT contracts, just couldn't get players in on what i thought of as reasonable wages, that includes my own players at the club. Mind you i had a wage limit of 7.6K and had only been spending 5.2K of it.

My german scout has thrown up loads of 'promising' players mostly germans and a few italians. Typical that they are nearly all CM's, the one area where i am already strong - im loath to not sign such great players but i think i might have to.

Hitchin Town Season Review 2014/15 - BSP

Prediction: 24th

Finish: 13th

Table | Profile | Transfers | Squad | Boardroom | Confidence

Great season for the canaries this year. A comfortable mid table finish with two excellent cup runs helping to wipe the clubs debt and put us in the black for the first time since my third month in charge!

Had a great run to the 5th round of the fa cup beating Norwich in the 4th round 3-2 with a latish winner having been 2-0 up at half time and then went on to face Stoke (eventual winners) at the Britannia, losing 4-1.

Followed up by winning the FA trophy at the end of the season after nearly a month without fixtures? weird...

had so many games in such a short space of time due to cup runs and postponements that it was difficult to get higher up the league, but happy with where we are.

Signed a few decent youngsters that hopefully will mean a push for the play off place or maybe even better who knows.

have to say, really been enjoying my days off! a lot of fm has been played!!!

p.s seem to have this thing where if i approach a player and he doesnt want to come if i scout him again, he's intrested it seems to work with most players even the big ones... if only......

Grats on the promotion jsar and good luck Gilbster on the new season. Hopefully this one can be a little better in performance :thup: Nice finish my fellow Hitchin-er, Menace, solid mid table and good finances too & grats on securing the FA Trophy. Good luck next season.

Just beat 18th place Hendon in a very interesting 1v0 game after having 1 of our players sent off early, only for us to snatch it late on. We're climbing the table and six wins on the trot (inc 3 FA Cup games) has seriously got the team going strong. Undefeated since our second game of the season (12 games) puts us in a promising position with good signs ahead. The complete squad overhaul really paid off - not financially mind. The FA cup is providing some well needed extra cash, (£20k or so in those three games I suspect?). Hopefully we can get a little further too for the extra cash.

Grats on the promotion jsar and good luck Gilbster on the new season. Hopefully this one can be a little better in performance :thup:

Just beat 18th place Hendon in a very interesting 1v0 game after having 1 of our players sent off early, only for us to snatch it late on. We're climbing the table and six wins on the trot (inc 3 FA Cup games) has seriously got the team going strong. Undefeated since our second game of the season (12 games) puts us in a promising position with good signs ahead. The complete squad overhaul really paid off - not financially mind. The FA cup is providing some well needed extra cash, (£20k or so in those three games I suspect?). Hopefully we can get a little further too for the extra cash.

Good job DeadPanda, if you can make it onto the tv in the FA cup you'll make a fortune, sounds like some very shrewd transfer dealings leading the canaries on a title hunt!

Good job DeadPanda, if you can make it onto the tv in the FA cup you'll make a fortune, sounds like some very shrewd transfer dealings leading the canaries on a title hunt!

Some that stretched us, but worth it even if the board do keep complaining! aha. Just one tv appearance would be nice, along with the cash obviously.

Archived