dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harrowborough.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2012/13 | Blue Square South

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2 | Transfers3

Restarting was frustrating but my first game was just getting silly. But I have been far more sensible this time. I signed Karius on far too much - and he was utterly hopeless, by the way - I dont know why so many people have had such succes with him - but he has now been sold which means that, whilst I just about dipped into the red towards the end of the season, I should be back in the black by the start of the league season.

The season was very up and down. Whenever it looked like we were ready to go on a decent run, we lost a few games again. In the last 13 games, I won just four, losing nine, and winning just one of the last five. Whilst relegation was never an issue, another four wins in that run, say, and we would have been properly in mid-table.

Cup runs this year were replay-filled, but didnt manage to get far enough for them to be at all lucrative really.

A pretty poor season, all in all. I need a big clear-out.

Key Players

Jamie Tank - the Tank was as influential as he always seems to be at this level.

Victor Zapata-Caicedo* - Not scoring as much as I would like but still...

Bradley Jordan - he started better than he finished, but still a decent year. Sorry I forgot to SS him in time!

Dylan Robinson - a decent partner for Tank but will look to replace him next season.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI

Next season is crucial if I'm ever going to get anywhere with this save. I need to make a step in the right direction without risking the future of the club.

Targets for 2013/14

Obtain a positive goal difference. Sounds odd but we were quite close this year until right at the end so that push from negative to positive would be a good step.

Top half finish. SHOULD follow if we do get a positive goal difference.

Sign at least one player who will have an AvR of over 7.

In other news, City won the cup for the third time in a row but couldnt retain the double - something that has still never been done.

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.

PS Could I add my usual plea to the end of my post - anyone who gets a moment, if you could check the table on the first page whenever you can it would make my life easier. Just check the numbers at the bottom beneath the table add up, really, and let me know if I've missed any posts!

Eman - Hendon - Season Review 2012-2013 (BSS)

After a mixed start managed to find some great form at the end of september, but seemed to fall apart around the turn of the year and despite a mini revival which suggested the playoffs were still on, in the end very disappointingly dropped out of the play off positions on the last day of the season. Also went way overboard with wages, and so probably gonna have to lose a few of my best players. Cup runs were not especially exciting, getting knocked out in 1st and 3rd rounds of the fa cup and trophy respectively.

Squad - Transfers - Table - Past Positions

Drew. FC United. Blue Square North. 2012/2013

Table - It took us until the last game of the season, but we managed to pull it off, and get promoted at the first attempt, so now doubt I was pretty chuffed :D

Graph - We never went below 11th, and on the penultimate game of the season, we managed to get into top spot, and well, the rest is history.

Squad - I brought in a lot of players that I thought would be able to secure us a mid-table finish at least, Dan WArd cost me £6k, and boy was he worth it, securing the LB position as his own, even though I had more experienced players, missed a few games of the season mostly due to International call ups, but I'm hoping he will have another solid season in the BSP; Keeron Lloyd was signed in January, he missed a lot of games through injury, but his quality was there and I'm hoping he will be able to show his true form next season; Robert Brennan was signed during the summer, and played a major part in our promotion, chipping in with 9 goals and 5 assists, was always a constant threat down our left flank.

Transfers

Finances

Me

Aims for next season:

Stay up.

Improve the squad.

F.c. United 2015/16 End Of Season Update.

It was a unbelievable season ! we were newly promote and were favourites for the drop ! but with some quality signings and the team playing some fantastic football we were able to finish 3rd and get promotion into league 1 !!!!!!!!!!! we looked good into early december but we were only just scraping results which wasn't like we was early in the season ! so i decided to hunt the youth national teams of the like of germany and denmark and found some wondeful talent ! this talent pushed us through the season and we were able to claim 3rd spot as ours !:)

Key Players

-Michele Fornasier, quality centre half he was an absoloute rock and scoring his fair share of goals aswell, unfortunatly i couldn't afford what he was requesting on his new contract so is leaving :(

-Michael OHalloran, top goalscorer for me once again absolutely magnificent ! Also played well with whoever i partnered him with which was great !

League Table

Graph of Season Positions

Targets for next season

Avoid Relegation !

Get some more youth in !

Boost finances to open up future pathways for the club !

Question for anyone in league 2 or above, how did you manage in the first seaosn of league 2. I can only afford to put like 6 of my guys on FT contracts. The rest are still on PT or non contract. Was it the same for you? My wage budget is 7.25k :(

glennuk i was fine i managed to get most of mine on ft contracts make sure you get rid of anyone you really don't need to free up wages and you should be fine also i moaned my board for more wages and they did increase it 2/3 times in a season :D ! so no i was fine :) btw my wage budget was about the same perhaps a touch more than yours however it depends how greedy your players are mine were actually quite generous and signed for nothing really !

Question for anyone in league 2 or above, how did you manage in the first seaosn of league 2. I can only afford to put like 6 of my guys on FT contracts. The rest are still on PT or non contract. Was it the same for you? My wage budget is 7.25k :(

I was the same, most on PT or Non Contract in my first season

Rooks-logo-small.jpg&w=276&h=135&zc=1&q=100

Season 2013-2014 Review

?type=display

Aaron Woodley playing in 2010

Media Prediction: 14th

My Prediction: Playoffs at the very least

Final Position: 3rd

We had a crazy season, never able to build a good streak of wins. It was incredibly frustrating winning a game only to lose the next. We managed to qualify for the playoffs on the final day of the season though as our title challenge ebbed away to Dartford.

Playoff Semi Finals: Facing Tonbridge, we won 2-0 in the first leg away but struggled at home, being beaten 2-1. We went through to the finals as underdogs on aggregate.

Playoff Final: An incredible battle between us and second placed Bath resulted in a nine goal thriller. Fortunately, we ended up on the right end of the scoreline and were promoted with a 5-4 win.

-

FA Cup: Beaten once again in the Second Qualifying Round, this time to Havant and Waterlooville 4-3.

FA Trophy: No repeat of last seasons heroics as we were comprehensively spanked by AFC Telford in the Second Round.

Managers Player of the Season

Aaron Woodley: Narrowly edges out Ben Mackey having been signed during the middle of last season. 19 goals and a 7.18 rating makes him this seasons top player.

Table

Transfers

-

Club Overview

Season Division Position Points Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 Blue Square South 8th 67 FA Trophy Semi Finalists
2013/14 Blue Square South 3rd 72 Promoted via playoffs

Don't get hung up on full time contracts for existing players. Your only concern with League Two is signing good enough players to crack on up and out of it. There are 4 promotion spots, so it should be easier than your first two promotions. Concentrate on getting young players who your scouts think are good enough to be strong League One players or even good enough for the Championship.

Most of your good players will have played well in BSP and BSS and request quite a lot of cash to go professional and realistically they won't be worth it. I found I was able to get promising young players in on £150pw, whereas my stronger BSP players were asking for £350+ to turn pro. Those players won't be good enough to take you upwards through the leagues, so don't feel like you should turn them Pro just because that seems the right thing.

Hope that helps!

Damn, sitting quite happily top of League 1 after 20 games. And now my goalkeeper and two centre-backs go and get injured! Found a fantastic Scottish keeper available on a free too, but my board won't allow me any more cash to sign him. Frustrating times!

@GreyedOutMan

I think I have some corrections to the table on the front page:

There are two entrants with the number 102 (104 in total),

There is only one player with St. Albans (not 2),

There are two players with AFC Hornchurch (not 1),

There are 12 teams that have been picked twice so the number at the end of that line should be 24 (not 22),

There are 37 players in the BSS (not 34).

Good stuff otherwise:thup:

I remember your save in FM10 (I think it was), but haven't been around FM11 long enough to notice.

Well, I didn't won anything in FM10 either. Was it Dartford i was in FM10? Can't remember.

I don't know why I keep trying to complete this challenge. I will never succeed.

Think i've tried three or four times now.

Well, I didn't won anything in FM10 either. Was it Dartford i was in FM10? Can't remember.

I don't know why I keep trying to complete this challenge. I will never succeed.

Think i've tried three or four times now.

I know the feeling. It is the only way I play FM.

@GreyedOutMan

I think I have some corrections to the table on the front page:

There are two entrants with the number 102 (104 in total),

There is only one player with St. Albans (not 2),

There are two players with AFC Hornchurch (not 1),

There are 12 teams that have been picked twice so the number at the end of that line should be 24 (not 22),

There are 37 players in the BSS (not 34).

Good stuff otherwise:thup:

You are a legend :thup:

The good thing is that not only are you right, but I know why you're right. The St. Albans thing for example, was because I briefly took them on before re-re-starting as Harrow!

KUTGW - its useful knowing that I have someone looking out for my mistakes!

Hmm duno how to do the multi quote function on this forum....maybe someone could let me know.

Anyway, Thanks for the replies, sam, dan and Brizza.

I have only really got my star players on full time contracts. Some wanted over 1k :( Most expensive is now on 750 though, still alot out of my budget, but with those, the part time and non contracters i think i have a very good squad. Now have 7 on Ft.

Over my wage budget by about 1k though :( hope the board dont get too pissed. Think this season may be a mid table spot, but i am really hoping that i can get lucky and get a promotion straight away, maybe get a bit of money in from a good cup run, and have a much better wage budget for L1.

Sad thing is my rep still sucks. Most BSP teams are better rep than me and im now in L2 and professional grrr

You are a legend :thup:

The good thing is that not only are you right, but I know why you're right. The St. Albans thing for example, was because I briefly took them on before re-re-starting as Harrow!

KUTGW - its useful knowing that I have someone looking out for my mistakes!

No problem, it's a great bit of work.

Ironically, Kazpeer just went as St. Albans so maybe you were just predicting the future ;)

FC United Season 2013/14 - Participant # 12

Quick end of season update -

End 4th, and beaten in the play off finals. Gutted :<

Finances are doing ok, I dont have many screenshots as im a few months into the new season, but i was about 200k in the black.

Alot of players have been moved in/out/shaken all about.

One good event happened, Liverpool lost FA Cup against Sunderland :p:D

England, won the world cup, against argentina.... on penalties lol?

So, back to the basics with the team, bought in some cracking players.

Will have a better mid season update for the 2014/15 season as its my week off :)

Sorry for the crappy update ;>

Season 2014/15 Review - East Thurrock United in the Blue Square Bet Premier

League Table | Past Positions | Cups | Playoff Semi Final Leg 1 | Leg 2 | Final

Sat in 2nd pretty much all season, way above expectation. No one was going to touch Newport this year so I'm pretty thrilled with this really. True to form we had a poor end to the season though and unlike last year saw no improvement for the playoffs. A 0-1 loss to York in the first leg semi wasn't an ideal start and serving a touchline ban for the 2nd leg certainly didn't help to turn things around, but the assistant didn't disappoint and pulled us through with a spirited 3-1 home win. That's about it for our fortunes though, conceding a very early own goal in the final and eventually slumping to a 1-2 defeat. Maybe next year, eh.

Still no luck in the FA Cup but happy to reach the FA Trophy final. Just too bad we couldn't pull off a better showing once there.

Squad

No upheavals compared to last year. I probably don't need to point out how much we rely in Jakobsen with that goalscoring record, a fact that proved problematic in the playoffs as he was on a two-month goalscoring drought and showed no sign of breaking it. Still, all I really want is better central defenders; these guys were an issue last year already but I couldn't get anyone better in.

Transfers

A few all very key signings. The highlight of the bunch is no doubt Rasmussen, slotting in as a support striker/playmaker a few yards behind Jakobsen. Injured for the playoffs, obviously. :rolleyes:

Finances

Still going in the wrong direction, but not as fast thanks to better attendance numbers in the BSP. Thankfully one of the big games got us back in the black - probably the FA Trophy final. I just wish they'd up my wage budget; it's getting frustrating to hang around £2800 and having to sell players before I can ever bring someone new in.

Aim for next season: Reach the playoffs again. Find better DC's.

Season    League                    Finish   FA Cup          Other Cups                Achievements
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier   2nd      1st Rnd         FA Trophy Final           Playoff finalists
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South     4th      4th Qual. Rnd   FA Trophy 1st Rnd         Promotion via Playoff
2012/13   Blue Square Bet South     9th      4th Qual. Rnd   FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Rnd   -

#86 - Gilbster - 2012/13 - North Ferriby - BSN - End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

After a years holiday, and numerous reloads, I decided to take charge of a little northern club called North Ferriby. They had very little staff, a reasonable base squad, a parent club of Hull just for friendlies, but the bits I was more concerned about was that they play in green (apparently I have luck managing green teams in the past), and they already had players on non contracts, giving me the potential to sign players on non contracts.

First up as any confidence lacking manager would do, I asked the guys on steam for a few recommendations, which I duely sent my scouts after, and also signed a scout and a coach to beef up the backroom staff. And then got to work attempting to build a squad capable of survival. I signed far too many players some on non contracts and some on part time contracts, and for most of the season I was actually under wage budget, which was useful. I do admit the squad is a tiny bit too large and it will get trimmed over the summer.

The opening game of the season was against Mansfield, which we lost, and lead me to think that we would be in a relegation battle all season. Of course I had conveniently forgotten that Mansfield has just been relegated from the BSP and thus were one of hte better teams in the league regardless. We then went on a 6 match winning streak in the league, which was impressive and of course made me suddenly believe mid table was realistic. We did have some stretches of poor form, most notably from February til end of season, where I caught up on getting some draws (something that was rare before that!), and unfortunately Mansfield got too far ahead to compete for automatic promotion.

We did also have a cup run to the 1st round of the FA Cup, where we lost 3-1 to Cambridge (away) and 1st Round of FA Trophy (0-2 Gateshead)

On the last day of the season, we still needed 1 point to guarantee playoffs, despite having been in the playoff places since the 3rd match of the season. We got that point we needed and that took us into the playoff semi finals.

Semi Playoff Leg 1 North Ferriby 0-2 Colwyn Bay (I honestly thought that would be that)

Semi Playoff Leg 2 Colwyn Bay 1-5 North Ferriby (Couldnt believe that result)

this lead me to Playoff Final against my bogey team of Droylseden.

All I can say is what a result! What a season! And already have 2 improvement players due in the second the window opens.

Aims for next season

Prune the squad, and streamline it to improve it for BSP

Get a more prolific strikeforce

Improve finances somehow, and hope for a good budget

Pray, pray and pray some more that I can avoid relegation

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th        1st R    FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs

I hate this game sometimes. Challenging for 1st place in BSP for most of the season, but 4 postponed games over Christmas (which I have no control over) meant that I played 9 games in March, and 8 in April. That's over 1/3 of the season played in two months. Add to the fact that my best striker has a broken ankle, another has a broken leg. My CM broke his leg too, and 2 CMs missed over a month for some U19 competition. The whole team is just limping over the finish line, but I'll enter the play-offs with an exhausted team with no form. A summer of disappointment awaits, methinks.

Edit: Just beat top team 2-1 away from home. They've lost 3 on the trot now, and I'm 5 points away with a game in hand. Maybe all is not lost...

Yet to post but I'm doing this challenge. I've been promoted into League 1 with FC United of Manchester yet the club still isn't professional and nor can I ask to be professional because when I hover over greyed out option, it says about lack of finance....

Also anyone sign Jamil Adam? He just left me on a free (wanted stupid wages) ....he scored 170 goals in 152 games in 3 seasons for me. He was unbelievable.

But yeah, mainly the first question, why is this, anyone else suffered similar problem???

Yet to post but I'm doing this challenge. I've been promoted into League 1 with FC United of Manchester yet the club still isn't professional and nor can I ask to be professional because when I hover over greyed out option' date=' it says about lack of finance....

Also anyone sign Jamil Adam? He just left me on a free (wanted stupid wages) ....he scored 170 goals in 152 games in 3 seasons for me. He was unbelievable.

But yeah, mainly the first question, why is this, anyone else suffered similar problem???[/quote']

I turned pro when we made L2 so don't know why you never. Was 600k in the black. Whats your balance?

Also had Adam and scored buckets loads for me and also wanted to leave so sold him in L2 or L1 can't remember.

I turned pro when we made L2 so don't know why you never. Was 600k in the black. Whats your balance?

Also had Adam and scored buckets loads for me and also wanted to leave so sold him in L2 or L1 can't remember.

It's always been positive, usually like £500k ....right now, in league 1, just about to start 4th season and balance of £2 million. Bit of a joke now, having to have part time players in league one!

Archived