• Created
  • Last Reply

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 4 - 2015/16 – League Two

Preseason - Media Prediction: 24th

Proving The Media Wrong...

Club Info

League Two time. We are now professional! Pretty much everyone predicted relegation, including the board. Spoiler alert... that didn't happen.

The Season

Unbelievable. That's how I'd describe this season. We proved everybody wrong by never dropping below 8th, eventually finishing 3rd. Auto promotion was our way up! No notable cup runs this season though, but who cares when we got promoted!

League Two Table | Position Graph

Transfers | Squad (1) (2)

Finances

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year

Devante Cole

It took a while to sign him, since I've been trying since BSP years... but finally, we got our man. And what a signing he was! Sure, the goals were shared, but he still scored 16 in 37. Fully deserving of this award!

Top Scorer

Devante Cole

See above.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

Getting promoted. Easily.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Devante Cole

Initially, I'd chosen Rashid Yussuf for this, but after a rethink, I had to choose Devante Cole.

Goal of the Season

Greg McDermott takes his rightful position as amazing goalscorer back. Another screamer from him wins it this year.

Greg McDermott v MK Dons

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions 
2013/14         Blue Square Premier       13th          Survived Relegation
2014/15         Blue Square Premier       2nd           Promoted - Playoffs
2015/16         League Two                3rd           Promoted - 3rd

Is anybody having rep issues? My rep continues to fall, regarless of how well my team is doing. I've seen a season on season improvement, yet the rep continues to dwindle. I rose slightly after climbing out of the BSS, but since then, it's declined.

Any tips on raising rep, other than winning stuff? I guess a good cup run could help? I've had absolutely no luck in the cups though. Best i've done was get to the semi's of the FA trophy, but had a defender sent off after 30 secs killed my chances in that game.

Hitchin Town Season Review 2011/12 - BSN

Prediction: 20th

Finish: 12th

Table | Profile | Transfers

Decent first season, but am heavily indebt. This season will have to try and stay in the league with a tiny squad and try and sort the finacnces out.

Going to be tough! Only got a squad of about 15. managed to keep some key performers from last year though and the spine is still there so i'm not sure where i'll end up!

Going to be tough! Only got a squad of about 15. managed to keep some key performers from last year though and the spine is still there so i'm not sure where i'll end up!

5-0 away win on the opening day of the season sees me top and has me jubilant! COYC!!

Hopefully not getting carried away!

Is anybody having rep issues? My rep continues to fall, regarless of how well my team is doing. I've seen a season on season improvement, yet the rep continues to dwindle. I rose slightly after climbing out of the BSS, but since then, it's declined.

I am the lowest League One team by far (FC United), but unsure if something is wrong or not. Lots of team in BSP is above me something I find to be just wrong.

The more I think about it the more I think something is wrong. I made the FA Cup Semi last year, and still beneath Mansfield (and similar teams) which I've been for a long time now. Started a thread in the mains to see if others are experiencing similar issues. At least it makes this challenge more challenging...

True, but I think it might be a problem for peole like GOM, who didn't have immediate success, as his teams rep kept falling, so eventually he was unable to sign many players. I think this might be the cause of that situation?

It's going to have an effect on matchday performance aswell, as everytime your players take to the field, they'll feel inferior, even if they are superior.

My latest stats were:

100-1 winners BSP 1st season-finished 17th.

500-1 winners BSP 2nd season-finished 9th.

2000-1 winners BSP 3rd-ongoing.

Now how does that work, considering the squad is far stronger, financial results have been better, and the season on season results have improved?

Sorry haven't updated my game status in awhile, still playing but nothing on note, still in the conference north with Chester, usually finishing mid-table, up to the 2019/20 season, had a few offers of other jobs and linked with jobs all over including championships teams.

True, but I think it might be a problem for peole like GOM, who didn't have immediate success, as his teams rep kept falling, so eventually he was unable to sign many players. I think this might be the cause of that situation?

It's going to have an effect on matchday performance aswell, as everytime your players take to the field, they'll feel inferior, even if they are superior.

My latest stats were:

100-1 winners BSP 1st season-finished 17th.

500-1 winners BSP 2nd season-finished 9th.

2000-1 winners BSP 3rd-ongoing.

Now how does that work, considering the squad is far stronger, financial results have been better, and the season on season results have improved?

I've brought it to their attention in the bugs forum and will be uploading some saves tonight. Not even sure it is a bug.

Being a mathematician myself, it must be extremely difficult to balance all the reps together, club, league, etc, if not impossible.

Quick question though, I used the save in this thread, page 1 or 2, are others?

badgecheshamunited.png

#53 - Cardiovascular - Blue Square South - Chesham

League | Positions | Squad | Transfers

The season was a great success up until the tail end of the season. Nonetheless, it was still a fantastic achievement to come 3rd despite disappointment in the season. We led the table for part of the season which is satisfying enough for me to be pleased for the season.

Cups were great this year as well, we made it too the FA Cup 3rd round where we lost out to Doncaster 2-0. The FA Trophy was more of a success as we made it all the way to Wembley, but sadly we lost out to non-league Colwyn Bay and their army of Jonny Foreigners.

Key Players

William Collins - Captain Fantastic was absolutely superb again as he settled for being the rock in defence once more, and he also contributed heavily with some important goals. He's my personal player of the year.

Tamer Tuna - The young Turk was a great addition to the squad, he played fantastically against us last year when he played for Bromley and I took the opportunity to sign him when he was released. 16 goals was a very good return from him.

Ben Wright - The experienced striker was the oldest player established in the squad at 33 and it paid off. 17 goals made him our top scorer; a fantastic return although sadly it may be his last season here.

Omar Ellabdellaoui - Omar was a great signing, he arrived on a free early in the season and proved to be a fantastic signing, he was a superb playmaker in the centre.

Laste Dombaxe - Another superb signing, 20 assist made him an essential part of the team this year.

Progress

Season          Division         Finish      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7250167&viewfull=1#post7250167]2012/13[/url]    Blue Square South      9th          None
2013/14    Blue Square South      3rd    FA Trophy finalists

Season 2016/17

I DID have a season update prepared, but the forum decided that I'd taken too long writing it, and deleted the whole thing. Which is incredibly annoying, and I can only apologise but I don't feel like rewriting it.

I can tell you we took a small step back in the league, finishing 20th, but survived. Did nothing in the cups, no brilliant signings, and the finances are going down the pan. Roll on next season.. :p

I have the sneaking supicion that my St Albans side might be in the FA Trophy Final.

it's a pity that we can't bet the clubs money in game judging by these odds.

I called up some of my U18s players for the second leg and we won 1-0. I started the game with an U18 keeper, 2 MC and 2 strikers with a couple of other U18 players on the bench. The hulking 6' 8" striker from the youth a few days earlier came on as sub. I doubt that he'll make the grade but with 4 star potential its worth letting him have a youth contract for a couple of years.

#86 - Gilbster - BSP - North Ferriby - 2013/14 End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A pretty decent season all around. We made a few key signings, but probably lacking a decent striker, and stayed mid table throughout the season. Apart from surviving, nothing really of note to write about this season. Although I have been told I'm getting a new stadium, which is a ridiculous waste of money at this level. And it wont be big enought when we hit the big time.

Aims:

Improve my strikeforce

Get slightly better back up players

Perhaps work out if any players ever, ever want to come on loan!

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R

It's not just on my game then. They are in BSS and sign players who won't talk to me, 2nd season in BSP - it's ridiculous. I don't know how they sign them.

Its certainly on mine and Newport as well, i have ended up scouting all players they take on trial!

They have 20 nationalities, i'm always fond of signing loads of different foreigners and only have 22 nationalities. few other clubs have more than 6 in the BSP

Impale - #48 - Redditch United

Season 3 - 2014/2015 - Blue Square Premier

Predicted Finish - 21st

Final Position - 3rd - Lost in Play-off Semi Final

FA Cup - 4th Round - 0-4 v Arsenal (A)

FA Trophy - Winners - 1-0 v Chelmsford (hollow victory)

Another season, another loss in the Play-off Semis. It's just gutting. I had a load of games postponed over Christmas, and so I played 17 games in March and April. I was playing players with 70% fitness. I was resting them for weeks at a time, we basically never trained - and I was trying to compete with Professional clubs with full-time players. The season went down to the wire, had I won the last game (I drew) we would have won the league. As it turned out, I finished 3rd, equal on points with 2nd and 1st with 3 worse goal difference.

I'm not going to screenshot my key players, they were all ****. We played like donkeys during the second half of the season. I'm going to sleep with all of their wives and put their children to work in sweat shops: I'm distraught, livid, gutted, incensed and a very sad panda. I will however divulge my ridiculous injury list (only for the last couple of months);

1st Choice DR & Captain - Missed all of March - 9 games

2nd Choice DR - Missed all of March and April - 17 games

1st Choice DL - Missed 1st 3 months of season and all of April (8 games)

1st Choice MR - Missed March and April - 17 games

1st Choice ST - Missed April - 6 games

Other 1st ST - Missed half of January, February, March and half of April. Over 20 games.

3rd Choice St - Missed 4 months at start of season, half of March - 5 games.

1st Choice AM - Missed all of March for U19 comp & half of April injured - 13 games

4th Choice ST - Missed all of March onwards - Broken Leg

2nd Choice RM/ST - Missed all of Jan, and all of April - 13 games

Joint 2nd CM - Missed march onwards - Broken Leg

3rd Choice CM - Missed all of March for U19 comp, all of April injured - 17 games.

So to summarise. I had no DR for my congested fixture list in March. I played my 3rd choice LB who is 'orange' there. I had no MR for April, I played a kid. During April I was stuck playing out of position wingers, kids, or players just back from fitness up front. I only had available 2 CMs after Christmas, they both played when utterly knackered. I was getting 2 injuries a game. Oh, and my 3 keepers didn't pick up a single knock all year (huzzah!)

Basically, I got screwed over. Hard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Division | Position |                 Achievements                    |
|--------|----------|----------|-------------------------------------------------|
|2012/13 |    BSN   |   1st    |                 Champions                       |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|2013/14 |    BSP   |   4th    |           Play-off Semi Final losers            |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2014/15 |    BSP   |   3rd    | Play-off Semi Final losers / FA Trophy Winners  |

Not a full update, but I've got to the end of the regular season in my Marine game. I managed to finish 2nd in the league thanks to a strong finish, but was never in a position to challenge AFC Telford despite having the top scorer in the league (Ben Williamson 29 goals), and the top creator (Stefan Oakes 22 assists). Anyway, wish me luck in the play offs...

Gilbster, Thats bad luck missing out on the title i can sympathise with the injury problems, having some of those myself.

Now in Mar 1st and 2nd choice CB's out for 5 -6 weeks, first 3 strikers were out for a month or more, now coming back. Best 2 cm's, 1 out for 8 months the other for 4 months and 2 other cm's out for a few weeks. I'm not down to the bare bones as i have a lot of NC players, although the finances are suffering.

Still you are lucky to get a sniff of the title, last 5 winners of the BSP on my game had 93,94,94, last years was 100 with 88 for 4th, this year the leader has 93 points from 40 games!

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 3 - 2014/15 – Blue Square Bet North

Preseason - Media Prediction: 11th

Third time a charm? It's really not!

League Table | Progress | Squad | Transfers

Heartbreak again as the curse of the play-offs struck again, this time having won the first leg 1-0 away from home, only to fall at home 2-0 to Gateshead.

The season wasn't a bad one in terms of points accumulated and finishing position, but the league was dominated by Solihull Moors who maintained top spot for 32 of the 42 games, meaning they were never going to be caught.

Plus points were the fact that three of my players were very close to a 20-goal season, as well as a fair amount of the squad achieving 7.00+ ratings for the campaign.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North          4th           Reached play-offs 
2013/14         Blue Square North          9th           Reached FA Cup 1st round
2014/15         Blue Square North          3th           Highest finish to date        

Targets for new season:

1. Avoid a mid-season slump

2. Find a striker that can work alongside Billy Paynter

3. Expand the scouting range

A 2 season update here from list member #1

My 3rd season in the Blue Square South was a rip-roaring success, winning the league rather than failing in the play-offs. A 2nd round FA Cup jaunt meant my coffers remained slightly less empty than they could have been, but still around 200k in the red. My squad did OK, without anyone really standing out.

My 4th season, and first in the Blue Square Premier, ended with another top spot, however it all came down to the last game of the season. Darlington needed a win to take automatic promotion, having beaten me two weeks before. Luckily for me they had a man sent off after 23 minutes and could only manage a 0-0 draw, meaning that I fluked promotion. A win against even-more-non-league-than-Hastings Colwyn Bay also gave me another trophy in the cabinet.

The most intriguing moment of the season came my my assman suggested this guy as a coach. If only I had the £. Squad-wise, again no-one stood out although an honourable mention goes to my Columbian Christian Montana who scored a goal every other game, despite managing to have awful performances in-between the goals.

Next season sees me take on League 2, having persuaded the chairman to buy the ground for the princely cost of 6.5k per month for the next millennium, and him returning the favour by giving me less budget for wages than last season, and £0 transfer funds. My aim is simply to survive.

Rooks-logo-small.jpg&w=276&h=135&zc=1&q=100

Season 2014-2015 Review

Dippingpan_gates.jpg

The gates at the Dripping Pan

Media Prediction: 24th

My Prediction: Top half of the table.

Final Position: 12th

2013-2014 ended with promotion via the playoffs and a Manager of the Year award for moi. This season, Twelfth was more than we deserved after a season full of atrocious defending, Thankfully, Aaron Woodley and new signing Alex Jones served up over 40 goals between them to help us on our way to a comfortable position in the Blue Square Premier

Next season, the aim will be to bolster the defence in order to make a proper attempt at getting promoted, hopefully a takeover should be concluded as the chairman wants to leave, with a bit of luck, they'll clear the debt that the club has got itself into (despite me keeping well within budget.)

-

FA Cup: Still searching for my first FA Cup win after a 2-1 defeat to Sutton United in the Fourth Qualifying Round.

FA Trophy: Shocked 3-2 by Hampton and Waterlooville in the First Round.

Managers Player of the Season

Jernade Meade: Could easily have been one of our strikers but 10 goals,12 assists and an average rating of 7.21 was more than enough to secure Jernade his pick for player of the season.

Table

Transfers

-

Club Overview

Season Division Position Points Achievements
2012/13 Blue Square South 8th 67 FA Trophy Semi Finalists
2013/14 Blue Square South 3rd 72 Promoted via playoffs
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 12th 63

I've brought it to their attention in the bugs forum and will be uploading some saves tonight. Not even sure it is a bug.

Being a mathematician myself, it must be extremely difficult to balance all the reps together, club, league, etc, if not impossible.

Quick question though, I used the save in this thread, page 1 or 2, are others?

Maybe other teams finances, players, av ratings - or however the game calculates - just have "improved" more than you have in the 3 seasons?

On the positive side! stay in BSP for another 5 seasons, with a potential 2.048.000-1 you can buy England national team if you put some cash on the bet pre season :D

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2022/23

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

Another midtable finish although we did slightly improve our position. We had a great run in the F.A Cup, beating Chelsea on our way to the Semi Finals where Manchester United proved to be too strong for us and we went out losing 3-0. The Carling Cup still eludes us, we will one day make it to the 2nd Round!

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2022/23     npower League 1            14th             F.A Cup Semi Finals, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd

Next Season Targets

*Push towards Play-Offs in League One

*Reach 3rd Round of Carling Cup

Does anyone else having problems finding a really good keeper?

I've got Dan Thomas and he's been usually reliable with only the odd gaffe. I think he's only 4 star potential and 3 and half star ability. So I will have to look for a long term replacement at some point.

I also have a Scottish 18 year old regen in my U18 that will be understudy next season and will get a few games after only conceeding 1 goal so far in his 4 first team games. I suspect that his potential might not be much higher then Thomas'

Archived