FM12: Borussia Dortmund - 'Wo Champions sind Geboren'

NorthernGooner

You just need to add some depth to the already magnificent squad at Dortmund, rotate them to maintain there fitness and form.. and the European titles will follow. I won my first CL trophy in my second season and dominated on all fronts in my 3rd season. Thrashed Real Madrid 8-2 on aggregate in my CL semifinal.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided to make a new Borussia Dortmund. I did start one before, but after my laptop picked up a hardware issue, I have some unfinished business to attend to. I'm also still ecstatic after BVB have won the Bundesliga for the second season running.

BORUSSIA DORTMUND - DEUTSCHER MEISTER 2011/'12

:D :D

This is my first German save but starting with the latest update looks tricky. Only £2m transfer budget. Managed to sign Christian Erikson from Ajax for £2m up front and another £5m over 4 years. I usually play a 4-2-2-2 but am going to try 4-2-3-1 as it looks like it'll suit the squad better. Do you guys think Gotze's best position is behind the striker or wide?

This is my first German save but starting with the latest update looks tricky. Only £2m transfer budget. Managed to sign Christian Erikson from Ajax for £2m up front and another £5m over 4 years. I usually play a 4-2-2-2 but am going to try 4-2-3-1 as it looks like it'll suit the squad better. Do you guys think Gotze's best position is behind the striker or wide?

I have Gotze starting in the right with Kagawa in the middle, but they swap positions frequently, which I find gets the best out of both of them.

In season 2013/14 after winning the league last season. Been at with Dortmund for 18 months. Have so many promising newgens in my under19s.

Last season I could mark players to get fit with the under23s, but now the under 23s seem to not be playing? Or does that league start late?

Can't seem to get Götze to consistently play well. Kagawa outshines him as does Rues.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a file from Editors Hideaway to add in the lower leagues of Germany. Once I could see my under 23's in the league I could stack the side and get them promoted to the 3. Liga. You cannot go higher than this either.

I'm finding the financials a little tricky at the start of the 11/12 season. Despite having a £52k/week wage surplus I am unable to offer more than £3.9k/week even with key player status therefore making it virtually impossible to sign anyone.. Bank balance is over £20m and the board won't move on the budget. Not encountered this problem before and it is making it impossible to sign anyone with any talent..

Oh and I can't offer a penny in wage contribution for any loans.

The future transfer do play a part in BVB's lack of funds at the start of the game, but they'll only improve. In my opinion, the squad's good enough to win the Bundesliga as it is.

The financial future looks bright though. On my current save, BVB signed Marouane Fellaini [£13.5 million] and Eric Durm [£2.8 million], not to mention the pre-negotiated deals of Marco Reus and Leandro Bittencourt. That might not seem alot, but all together that's upwards of £30 million. BVB also made bids for many different players; from Leonard Kweuke [about £6 million] and a whole host of others. Patience is a virtue at Dortmund.

i came 6th in my first season but 2nd season got 10 millions to spend and also flogged a few players so had close to 20 million to spend, i got rual meireles from chelsea as he was rotting in the reserves , balotelli on loan as man city never played him , jack wilshire on loan , arshavin on loan aswell , got in a old fm favourite vanden borre , hamir altintop on loan from real madrid, all the loans for minimal fees and 20 to 30 percent of the wages, barrios , lewandowski, balotelli were unstoppable i scored 104 goals and won the league , semi final of the german cup and quarter finalists of the uefa cup , 3rd year fernando gago was released from real madrid i got him in for free , also aaron ramsey from arsenal for 5 million, balotelli on loan again, i also sold shingi kagawa to man city for 35 mill plus add ons. 3rd season i retained the league title last 16 of the champions league and quarter final of the german cup.

finances are healthy mainly due to money from the CL and my japanese feeder club, 4th season i was offered kaka for 6 million which i agreed to , played 4 games in the 4th season and 4 wins scoring 17 goals and conceeding 1

i think the main way with dortmund is to get in quality youth i have picked up some gems who will be in the 1st team within 12 months , also as i have done look at teams like chelsea, man city, real madrid as they spend a fortune every year and end up with great players rotting away in the reserves who you can either get on loan or sign up for bargain prices

I'm trying to avoid Bristish players and having at least 60% of the players German. Other nationalities I look for are Turkish, Croatian and Polish with the odd South American. I had to sign Giovinco (Italian) on a free though, worth 13mil and just runs through defenses, so good.

I am also aiming to have a huge amount of homegrown players, therefore I don't buy real players unless they are immense or on free and of a nationality as stated above.

I holidayed 18 months before taking over, and now 2 seasons in I still have one feeder club. Anyone else have problems? The board take ages to make the option available then deny that they need any feeder clubs! So annoying, I want a 'merchandise' club and a few feeder loan clubs. Board lack serious ambition. Balance is currently hovering at 95mil, and will hit around 150 next season. When I took over it was 40 mil and went down to 30, so things are looking good. Trying to keep wage budget no more than 40-45mil a year.

Had a go with Dortmund with 12.0.4 update, my longest save on this game. I really enjoyed my life and won back to back CL titles. Had Falcao, Tevez, wilshere and whole lot of good players. Then it became too easy and I moved on.

I remember, If you are doing good and challenging for the title in your first season, the board gives you another 5m txr kitty and bump up your wage budgets.

I have started a Dortmund save and intend to stick with this one for a while I hope:

These are my transfer dealings:

dVz0S.jpg

I brought in a backup DC and Poacher. Also, I got Guido Pizarro because Gundogan is lacking a little defensively to play DLP so I will use Pizarro for tougher games. He really is a bargain for the price and is rated 3 and a half stars by the scouting team. Also, Tlou Segolela is a quality winger and can play in any of the AM positions and is a bargain for the price.

These are the fixtures that I played so far and we really seem to be finding the back of the net freely at the moment, albeit in friendly matches:

vEA0p.jpg

These are the tactics I intend to use

xMQWc.jpg

Standard 4-2-3-1 which I will use for most games.

xJykd.jpg

A more defensive option for tougher/away games.

This is the first time in 2 years that I intend to use my own made tactic in the long-term, come what may. Will post further updates later

Aaaaaargh!!!! Two games in a row against Schalke, cup and league. In two games they had FIVE shots, FOUR on target, and scored FOUR! In the cup at home, I completely dominated, went 1-0 up and then 2-1 up, but they still took me to extra time. Fine, I eventually won that one 4-2. HOWEVER, we then play two days later at their place. Again I dominate, rack up 14 shots, 8 on target, 5 CCCs. But obviously they take the lead after 10 minutes with their first attack. Fine, again, we equalise and slowly gain control of the game, only to squander chance after chance, and lose 2-1.

I don't want tactical advice, I just want to rant! Grrrrrr!

I. HATE. THIS. GAME.

After having a terrible 2nd half of the 14/15 season, going from 1st to 5th, I eventually clawed it back and won my last 5 games to get 3rd spot. The Bundesliga only has 3 spots now for Champions league so was lucky.

For some reason Zieler, Hummels and Subotic were woeful in the 2nd half of the season and I didn't have sufficient cover. After really studying my tactics I made some changes and hopefully will make a real push to win another title. I won the 13/14 title on goal difference but this season was stressful but very enjoyable.

I'm kind of rigging it in a way, just making sure I don't overspend and keeping that Dortmund look to the squad. Hopefully this will make the Bundesliga competitive for many seasons to come as I hate when the game gets too easy. Bayern Munich bought Erick Torres in the winter window and he scored 16 in 14 games. Insane for an AI controlled squad.

I got 33 goals out of Lewandowski, his best yet and scored 65 team goals, lower than last season, but conceded a massive 34!

2014/15 Season

Leverkusen 69pts

Bayern Munich 66pts

Dortmund 63pts

Kaiserslautern 61pts

Mainz 57pts

Shalke 56pts

Still nice and competitive. Glad someone else besides Munich won the league. Got some great players coming in for the next season though. Game on!

Just taken over at Dortmund in 2016/17 after winning CL with Athletic Bilbao. Klopp was sacked and i fancied a change before my Athletic team became too old and i struggled to replace them. Had a good time with them in Fm2011. So far so good, as we are top at the mid season break.

• 2 weeks later...

Kagawa will not sign a new contract had to sell him on after the first season managed to get 35 mill from man city played there for a season and then sat in the reserves for the last 3 seasons, what a waste i have tried to sign him back but he will not accept my terms and keeps saying he wants to play for barcelona, cash in if you can

I got one great season out of Kagawa (AMC, Treq), and Man City wanted him in the January of the 2nd season. I accepted a £28m offer, but he didn't accept their contract. Then he had the cheek to come back to me and say he wants a better contract from me in light of their interest. I gave in though and got him to sign for £60k/w, which is the wage cap I'm trying to stick to.

Now after the 2nd season I want to move him on so I can move Gotze into that AMC position more regularly (from AML, AP), but no one is interested in paying the same sort of money. Not sure what to do with him, he's too good, and on too much money to sit on the bench, but on the other hand I don't desperately need the money from his fee, as I am happy with my squad for the coming season.

11/12 Season

League

Undefeated in the 1st half of the season with 14 wins and 3 draws. The team suffered a blip in form after crashing out of the DFB-Pokal to lowly Aue. After that, the team could only win 2 out of the next 5 games, losing 2 and drawing 1. Towards the end of Feb, things got back on track as the team go on to win 11 out of the next 12 games to claim the title.

UXd20.png

DFB-Pokal

7qVQX.png

Some shambolic defending by Piszcek and Lowe send the team crashing out early.

Champions League

DuA0T.png

A tough group but somehow we managed to finish in 1st place. Lost to Arsenal on pk after the 2 legged tie finished 2-2 on aggregate.

Transfers

In

Ibrahim Afellay - 1.7m

Mehdi Benatia - 5.25m

Danny Welbeck - Loan

Out

Antonio Da Silva - Free

Net Transfer Spend - 7.07m

Players Stats

OcWu2.png

Very nice season you had there. What are your plans for your second season? any new signings? Lewandowski had a great season as did Kagawa goal wise, and then Gotze and Afellay with the assists, also Lewandowski got a fair few as well. Unlucky to be knocked out on PK's, the worst possible way. Good luck next season. :thup:

Very nice season you had there. What are your plans for your second season? any new signings? Lewandowski had a great season as did Kagawa goal wise, and then Gotze and Afellay with the assists, also Lewandowski got a fair few as well. Unlucky to be knocked out on PK's, the worst possible way. Good luck next season. :thup:

Thanks.

I have signed Astori on a free transfer to replace Santana(to Lazio). I'm also looking to replace Piszcek and Kuba. Piszcek is a decent player but has low determination and poor defensive attributes while Kuba is a 1 tricky pony winger with high wages. I believe I could do with better players with the $ I get from selling them.

finally acheived my goal of winning the champions league with the mighty dortmund in 2018 , beat barce 5-1 i the quarters , man utd 10-1 and hung on to a 1 nil win over real madrid in the final with them hitting the bar in injury time. Only player i have left from my original team at the start of the game is Gotze who is now worth 35 million

Hi Guys, quickly scanned the thread. I have just signed Barrios for $3.3M, how is the best way to use him?

I'd play him as poacher.

Anyway I just started a new Dortmund save.

Only signing I've made is another one for next year, Lazar Markovic from Partizan for £1.2m + future %age. He'll join on the same day as Reus and Bittencourt.

Kringe has been sold in the only other change to the squad.

Playing a 4231 with 2 DMC's. The injury list at the start is horrific and during pre season Kagawa, Landerak and Santana added themselves to the list for at least a month each.

This is roughly how my squad shapes up:

GK: Weidenfeller/Landerak/Focher

DR: Pisczcek/Owomoyela

DC: Hummels/Gunter

DC: Subotic/Santana

DL: Schmelzer/Lowe

DMC(anchor): Kehl/Bakalorz

DMC(DM): Bender/Da Silva/Paurevic

AMR(inside fwd): Kagawa/Kuba

AMC(Adv pm): Gotze/Ilkay/Leitner

AML (Def wing): Grosskreutz/Perisic

ST: Lewandowski/Barrios

Friendlies went well and started the season battering RB Leipzig 5-0 in the Cup and beating Schalke on pens in the SuperCup.

Started the Liga with 5 consecutive wins including a 3-0 win at home to Bayern in a truly dominant performance. Even better that this was without Gotze who got injured, Perisic replaced him (having come on as sub in the previous game and scored) and was outstanding. Kagawa has come back from injury on fire with goals while Grosskreutz was motm 4 out of the first 5 games. Defence are playing well with Lowe doing well while Schmelzer is out.

Got the CL group of death though with Barca, Milan and Man City :eek:

Tough group in the CL that is edgar, good luck :thup: Not being around on here for the past couple of days, and not even had an Dortmund save this year, so I'm going to start one up now. How's Leitner progressing for you? Probably looking to get rid of Barrios as he is too injury prone.

I've not got very far and Leitners been injured a bit but I have high hopes for him. I'll be getting rid of Barrios at the end of the season. Lewandowski is better and with Markovic coming in he'll provide back up.

I lost 2-0 to Barca at Camp Nou in my 1st CL game & drew with Citeh at the Westfalenstadion 3-3 in the 2nd so it's gonna be very tough to progress this year. Bundesliga form is good though and we're top by 4 points mid November.

Good luck with your save mate.

At the start of the game, the budgets are far from great but there's enough there to make one or two changes. Although, the long-term financial situation is much more promising. With the Signal Iduna Park regularly attracting attendances of 80,000 every other Saturday, and with the added revenue's from the UEFA Champions League and TV rights, you'll be able to spend a good amount every Summer.

:thup:

Hope this helps you mufc-paton

Hi all, I'm very tempted to start a Dortmund save as, like many I'm sure, I've really been impressed by them I've the last couple of seasons plus seem to have a great atmosphere at their ground and excellent fans. Anyway, one thing I I did want to know is whether it is difficult to hang onto goetze?

I haven't really played this save that much, but from the screenshots some people have posted it doesn't look too hard to keep him, the hardest one seems to be Kagawa to keep, but now that he is going to Man Utd you will probably want to get rid of him, and then you can play Gotze in the centre and then Marco Reus out on the right when he comes in if you're using the latest update. :thup:

Would you accept £41million (£31million over 24 months) for Gotze in the second season?

Just won Bundesliga with Dortmund and now Real have been looking at a few of my stars, already got rid of Hummels for £24million (could be a mistake, not a huge one though tbh) and now they're sniffing around the main man. Also kept pestering me in January for Lewandowski with £12million bids but quickly rejected them, he ended up having an amazing season ending with 29 goals and about 10 assists along with a few awards.

Anyway, edging towards no as I know how good Gotze is and becomes but just wondering if you'd agree that it isn't enough? 100% certain I won't find a replacement interested in me or of that quality for much cheaper.

Anyone had much experience with Dortmund beyond 2 years?

I'm managed to improve my squad; the free signing of Kalou and selling him 12 months later for £20m after a (strangely) world class season really helped my funds. BUT - the board are so damn tight!!

They expanded the stadium in successive seasons, and I won the league in 2012 and 2013, but I'm in December 2013, the club has some £110m in the bank, and yet only gives me a budget of £20m which is quickly taken by one of my targets. I'm really looking to add some proven world class talent to the club, so I've been frugal with money (£773k wage bill) - as I'm desperate to win the CL. But any established stars cost more than £20m.

Current squad:

GK: Marc-Andre Ter Stegen / Andrea Politipo (Italian regen)

DL: Marcel Schmelzer / Dodo

DC: Neven Subotic / Tomas Kalas

DC: Mats Hummels / Felipe Santana

DR: Lucasz Piszczek

MC: Sven Bender / Ilkay Gundogan

MC: Cristian Eriksson / Moritz Leitner

AML: Kevin Grosskreutz

AMC: Mario Goetze

AMR: Marco Reus

FC: Robert Lewandowski / Danny Welbeck

(if the squad looks a little thin it's because it is! the rest are youth players as I've been trying to get a bigger budget to sign Yarmolenko, Schurrle amongst others).

I have the same balance in the bank and get around £20-25mil to spend but with a wage budget of £1.3mil pw, I spend around £850k pw which I want to bring down. My highest earner is Götze on £75k/pw and won't sign any players that I can't get down to around £60k/pw as a key player.

I would like Schurrle and co. but I would need to spend £25-40mil for those kind of players (2017), figures I'm not willing to pay. I prefer trying to find young German newgens with potential seeing as they can become homegrown and save me around £20mil per position.

Still haven't signed any UK players and focusing on central European players with a massive emphasis on Germans/Turkish/Croatians. Might need to ship out some of the Dortmund IRL players, like Gundogan, Leitner and Großkreutz as they don't get much game time. Leitner is out on loan but never played well for me, as with Bittencourt.

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone been able to get the stadium all seated? they upgraded the stadium for me to 96,000 but when playing the champions league I still can only have 68,000 inside.

doing great so far, bought hamsik after i unsettled him from napoli. Won bundesliga first season and running away with it right now in the second. Bought Corluka who got transfer listed and Sanago on a free

has anyone been able to get the stadium all seated? they upgraded the stadium for me to 96,000 but when playing the champions league I still can only have 68,000 inside.

I don't think you will be able to, due to the fact that in Germany every stadium has a terrace that has no seating.

Archived