FM12: Borussia Dortmund - 'Wo Champions sind Geboren'

NorthernGooner

Just started my first save as Dortmund and I'm finding it impossible to sign anyone. I only actually want to make a couple of signings, at most - someone to add a bit of competition in midfield and a third choice striker (probably someone young that'll be happy on the bench for a year or two while I try and develop them). However, despite having nearly £50k of wage budget available I can't offer more than £3-4k per week due to board restrictions.

Has everyone else had this problem? Does it last? I'm happy working within restrictions, and really like working with a young squad to develop them (one of the main reasons I chose Dortmund for this save was the young squad), but I'd like to be able to make the odd signing to complement what's already there!

What Boobyblah said is correct. You have large transfers already agreed so these affect your first season transfer activities.

It all changes after a season or two. Incredibly easy to make money at Dortmund. I'm getting around £5-10mil profit a month, new stadium getting built and get a transfer budget of £150mil a season.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeww season 3 just won the title on the final day! I was second going into it, but a 4-1 victory over Stuttgart was enough to beat Bayern on goal difference. I got +66 they had +65 stoked!

I've got Bayern in the German Cup next, I don't think I'll play a great team coz I got Man Utd in the Champs final the week after.

Finished my second season, the league finished like this:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3396/201213bundesliga.png

We won the Bundesliga with ease in the end, with surprise contenders Mainz ending 9 points off the pace. My defence was far stronger this season with Beck, Hummels, Manoel and Schmelzer forming a solid backline, which helped us to concede far fewer than last season. Best performer was without a doubt Sidney Sam, signed him for just £2.7 Million in the summer and he finished with stats like this:

http://imageshack.us/f/821/sidneysamhistorycareers.png/

He won the Bundesliga golden boot and Fans player of the year, putting in some brilliant performance and scoring some absolute screamers for me. He can be frustrating to watch at times with his low Teamwork and Decision attributes, but he more than makes up for it with his dribbling and finishing skills, i definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a right winger!

Hoping that we can do better in the Champions League and the DFB-Pokal this season, after being knocked out by Arsenal in the first knockout round of the CL and by Darmstadt in the first round of the DFB-Pokal last season.

After winning 6 league titles in a row and 3 champions league titles in a row I decided it was time for change. I find it difficult to leave a club in FM as I enjoy youth development the best, so decided to sell my back up, rotation and a few key players from my squad. Keeping the main core I promoted a heap of youth players, nearly all of which are short of being backup status so provides a good challenge.

Enjoying my save so much more now. The league is more competitive as I sold most players to Bundesliga clubs, and Bayern finally look like having a good season. The timing coincided with moving into my 131,000 all seated stadium named after me, and the club value sitting at £1.2billion.

73% of total players at the club are German, plus some that declared for another nation. Other main nationalities are Croatian, Polish, Dutch and of course Turkish.

Strange now I actually hope another club wins the league and looks doubtful I can win the ECC with my current squad. I hope to keep this level of challenging for top spot as it got incredibly boring winning the league by 15+ points each season.

Im going to start save with Dortmund. Never managed in Germany, any tips?

You will have no money in the first season, but don't stress, the club will be throwing it at you soon enough.

There are lots of good German players too, if you want to go down that route.

So I finished my season after the clear out and was surprised how much fun I had. Came 2nd to Leverkusen by 3points and got flogged in the 2nd round of ECC by new look Real Madrid 4-0 ag. Finally another team wins it without me crippling myself too much. Bayern still suck and came 4th, they change manager every 12 months. I hope they become a super power again.

For some reason my best 3 players got long term injuries when I had a smaller squad, but during my 6 consecutive title reign hardly anyone got injuried.

Quite a few youth players stepped up and we finally got 'Extensive Youth Recruitment'. So everything is at max regarding getting youth through my academy. The board even tried expanding the 131,000 seater stadium, but the council said no.

Tassotti (a.man) retired after around 7-8 seasons with me, and I promoted Adler who was at the club in his final playing days as backup. He has decent assistant manager attributes.

Now off to win the Copa America back to back with Argentina.

I've been regen hunting. I'm starting to get a few good players in the ranks now, just got to develop them. I tend to stay away from the ones that cost 5M+ unless they look really, really good.

I've been scouring Africa since they are usually cheap, and don't have agents.

I just signed about 6 or so players for a total of about 1M, a couple look like they could become world beaters, a couple I only bought so I could resell.

Currently trying to get this 20y.o. keeper from Egypt but it's going to cost me about 7 or 8 mill I think. He looks incredible for that age, but I will have an abundance of keepers then :/

I'll post screenshots soon.

Decided that I'm going to have one final BVB save before Football Manager 2013.

Of course, I will be using an update - Leandro Bittencourt is looking like an exceptional prospect. Forgetting the more obvious Summer arrivals (Reus, Schieber & Kirch), I also have the Aussie, Mustafa Amini, at my disposal.

Of course, I will be using an update - Leandro Bittencourt is looking like an exceptional prospect. Forgetting the more obvious Summer arrivals (Reus, Schieber & Kirch), I also have the Aussie, Mustafa Amini, at my disposal.

I too have decided that Dortmund will be my final save on this years iteration of FM. With a great German core in Weidenfeller,Hummels,Bender,Gotze and Reus I feel I could have a very very good save with them. Add in my two countrymen in Langerak and Amini and the fact that I have never managed in Germany, I feel like I'm going to have a lot of fun.

Which update?

• 2 weeks later...

i am currently on my first season with dortmund and weindenfeller got injury for more than 3 years and my other keeper (langerak) he doesnt inspire me confidence, so my question is what keeper do you usually by to be weindenfeller substitute?

i tried marc andre and the guy from hannover but they are too expensive any helps? :s

Marc-André ter Stegen and Ron-Robert Zieler from Hannover 96 are the two keepers you should look at to replace Weidenfeller, both top quality and young.

Agreed. Also, really not that expensive given their age. Keep monitoring them as their price may go down due to being relegated, buyout clause etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Started a new game on the 10.2 patch for one last go at FM12. Can't sign anyone which is quite frustrating but have had a good pre-season despite loads of injuries. Hopefully the financial situation improves ahead of season 2 so some players can be purchased as some of the older players' contracts expire at the end of the first season.

As mentioned in this thread numerous times, it does. Your finances suck only because the pre-arranged transfers of Reus, Bittencourt. Your squad is good enough to win the league and there are plenty of young talents. After a season or two you will be making huge profits due to selling out the stadium per game and Tv rev/prize money.

• 2 weeks later...

Joined Dortmund in the 4th / 5th Season after leaving Southampton and Jurgen Klopp being sacked, what a team to take over.

Best signing Lukas Podolski on a free from Athletico Madrid, 25 goals in 20 games, won the season and score over a hundred goals, if any one wants to see pictures i will be more than welcome. Perfect season to do before FM 2013.

Archived