FM12: Borussia Dortmund - 'Wo Champions sind Geboren'

NorthernGooner

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started a new game as Dortmund and the amount of injuries they have on the update is insane.

borussiadortmundsquadpl.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Koch is out for 9-10 months

Owomoyela 7 weeks to 3 months

Schmelzer 5-6 weeks

Bender 3-5 weeks

Da Silva 5-7 weeks

Blaszczykowski 3-7 weeks

Barrios 7 weeks to 3 months

Am expecting a slow start to the season with so many players out. This will leave me with only one fit striker, one fit LB, one fit RB and short of depth on the right wing. Am particularly concerned about the start to the Champions League because I don't have the depth to rotate my squad. Can't find a striker who I can afford who can be useful at this level and am spending my massive transfer budget of £2.2m on a ball winning midfielder and a 4th CB/Anchor man because they seem to be my biggest needs. My board won't allow me to pay decent wages to anyone and I can't really sell because my squad is young and has too much potential to break up at this stage.

Does anyone know of a striker who can contribute from the start as a backup to Lewandowski for 1m or less? Would prefer a free transfer tbh because my budget is tiny. Loan options would also be considered.

Are you on the new patch? You could loan in Mario Balotelli, would certinely do the job until you bring someone in during the 2nd season, or at least until Lucas Barrios is fit.

Yes 12.2 I'll have a look at him once we get to the 1st of July and I am allowed to bid for loans

Trying to loan players but am only allowed to offer 5k in wages so cannot sign anyone really. This game is so tough as Dortmund on the update. Seems very realistic that things can be this tight. Now Subotic has gone down injured and will miss the start of the season and I only have two fit centre backs and both are almost idential in terms of style which doesn't make a good partnership. Praying to God that I can find a way to sort my squad out soon or I'm gonna have to start offering one of my young stars to raise some funds. Thinking of selling Kehl maybe to get his 50k a week off the wage bill but without him won't have much in centre midfield.

I haven't played them on this patch yet, hopefully going to start one up with them in the next couple of days, but I before getting rid of Kehl I would look to move on Felipe Santana, Florian Kringe, and Antonio Da Silva, that should raise you about £5million and 60k off the wage bill.

I agree that none of them are up to scratch. Problem on the patch is that selling players is nearly impossible. Nobody wanted Kringe even for free so I just fired him instead cos the compensation doesn't count against my wage/transfer limits and I got 30k off the wage bill by doing it. I can't sell Santana right now because he is one of only two fit centre backs that I have. If I get rid of him I don't have anyone until Subotic returns from injury. Da Silva is also not sellable currently because he's injured. On FM nobody will ever bid for an injured player even if they're out only a few weeks. I agree that they are expendible but it's just impossible with the current situation. Btw as I was typing this message my only fit left back has just been injured in a preseason friendly. At this rate I am most likely going to have to play some youth team players. I had a CB target just reject me to go to Steau Bucharest (he's African not Romanian) and have no idea what I can do to improve the situation apart from selling one of the two star attacking midfielders or otherwise one of the two star centre backs. Right now I have only three fit subs and with the Champions League schedule plus German Cup to play I need two lineups because I'll be playing a minimum of two games per week.

Offer your players out for 0 upfront and a fee over 48 months. This way you do not have to pay the compensation and you get them off the wage bill. You also might want to loan a few players like Richard De Laet from Manchester United, he can play all across the back and is pretty good. Also just go to the player search section and look for players listed for loan.

You might be able to get this guy - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/281916-FM12-Anderson-Martins-The-Bargain-DC-with-quality-and-pace for quite cheap

Also, have you tried decreasing your transfer budget to get a higher salary cap?

If you are able to do so, there are a few good free transfers you can get.

Bad start to the season. Completely outplayed Schalke but lost 3-2. Really hurt being without my best CB and LB because my defence played dreadfully. Had no attacking options on the bench to bring on late in the game either. Looking forward to a month's time when I'll have a far healthier squad. Don't understand this game at all though. Dortmund have a smaller wage budget than a lot of English second tier clubs. I know the game is biased towards English clubs because most players are British or Premiership fans, but still it's mad how my budget is less than it was when I played as West Ham or Birmingham.

schalkevdortmundsplitvi.png

Thanks for the tips Shiraz. I am now scouting Anderson Martins. Can't loan de Laet because I can only afford 40% of his wages and United want 100% :rolleyes:

Just had an offer accepted for him. He wants £34.5k per week. I can offer less than £5k so no chance of me signing him.

Niebiscay - sounds pretty tough mate. Have you tired changing the role these potential signings will play in the team, I know you wont want to make everyone a key player but somtimes if you need the player you just got to roll with the punches. I suppose I was lucky in that Subotic didn't get injured and I offloaded him for a very decent fee so then I could raise my wage budget and attract some transfer signings.

Niebiscay - sounds pretty tough mate. Have you tired changing the role these potential signings will play in the team, I know you wont want to make everyone a key player but somtimes if you need the player you just got to roll with the punches. I suppose I was lucky in that Subotic didn't get injured and I offloaded him for a very decent fee so then I could raise my wage budget and attract some transfer signings.

Tried that. I made my one signing so far by offering him a contract as indespensible when he clearly isn't. Even at that level I can only stretch to 4.7k how. It's crazy. Think I may sell Subotic during the winter break depending on how things work out. I'd rather have him and Hummels together forever but if I'm in a position where if I might not qualify for the Champions League I will probably have to sell him to strengthen other areas. I've had an ok start to the season. My main problem is Weidenfeller who has been dreadful in goal. I was 1-0 up in the 90th minute away to Koln and he made a horrendous error to cost us the win and then he made another dreadful mistake away to Bayern that put us 1-0 down. I'm getting players back from their injuries now but as things stand my team basically goes how Lewandowski goes. I don't have another healthy striker in the first team so am relying on him for pretty much everything.

Right now this is my lineup although it obviously changes depending on who is healthy ;)

borussiadortmundtactics.png

Here's my fixtures. As you can see I had a terrible draw in the Champions League. All of the worst seeds from each bucket ended up in the same group. Mine wasn't as bad as Group H though which has Inter, Valencia and City together. I'm not sure what to do in terms of my strongest lineup. Would you guys use your best players in the league or in Europe? Right now I am thinking of playing my reserves away at Old Trafford as I think it's a game a stand not chance of winning. Luckily my next two games are at home against Lyon and Twente. I imagine that after those two I will know whether or not I have a good shot at qualifying and can decide whether to play my starters for the remaining three games based on the results. My main concern is that I don't want to finish outside of the top four in the league by resting key players in winnable games when I know I have no shot at winning the Champions League. At the same time I need to qualify for the next stage for financial and reputation reasons.

borussiadortmundfixture.png

Getting really fed up with my team's inability to put teams away. My tactic is working and we're creating loads of good chances, but keep wasting them and the 'keeper is utter ***** and is costing me down the other end. Here's the stats from my last two games which shows how bad things are going upfront:

Last game vs Schalke 3 clear cut chances, 1 goal and includes a missed penalty. Ended up drawing.

schalkevdortmundsplitvi.png

Game before. Played Freiburg off the park. Missed tons of chances and they hit me twice on the break. 'keeper had an awful game like usual which didn't help. As you can see they had 3 shots the whole game and scored twice.

dortmundvfreiburgsplitv.png

Hopefully things will turn around soon. Had a very promising start but the last two games are massive let downs and sum up the season on the whole. We've created chances vs everyone but have missed too many and the goalie's been dreadful.

Here's the table:

germanfirstdivisionover.png

Here's the 'keep's stats. Ignore the bottom four games because they're friendlies. He's played 13 competative games and has 4 average ratings of 6.3 or below. Hopefully the board will give me some money to sign a replacement in the next transfer window. Need a goalie even more than striker now when it was one position I never expected to need a new starter. Can't drop him because the backup looks dreadful.

Yeah, unfortunately the keeper situation is a little dire at Dortmund in game. Weidenfeller is a good keeper but he tends to make costly and stupid errors every now and then. He will have an amazing game every now and then though. In my save before the 12.2 patch, I bought Yann Sommer for 2Million and he was quite good and consistent.

I will be putting my 4-3-3 Dortmund tactic up tomorrow night (when I work out how to upload it somwhere!). It gets the best out of Mario, it does contain th corner exploit (my reasoning is if the AI can do it then why not me) if you aren't into that then you can of course easily change your set pieces without disrupting the rest of the tactic. At the moment the tactic works very well - you'll score lots of goals from pretty passing and long punts from the back. Lewandowski should be set as your target man run onto the ball, with Kagawa or Barrios when (if ever!?) fit on the left, and Perrisic or Grosskreutz on the right (or a left footed, quick striker with good dribbling if you can afford one - I have in mind Podolski but that will have to wait for next summer!). Lewandowski's uber fitness levels should mean you don't have to rotate him much, although I recomend having a tactic where you can use Barrios instead of him for cup games etc.

Your midfield 3 should be Ilkay on the left as DLP, Sven or Kehl in the centre as DM, and Mario or Leitner on the right with a free role (I recommend trying to teach Leitner the pass instead of shoot ppm - also give him time, its taken until december for him to truley step up for me.)

You will concede alot of goals - I win on average 3-1 and have kept about two clean sheets, but where's the fun in winning 1-0 anyway? Also note the tactic is played and tested without Subotic or Kuba as I offloaded both.

Best result so far was a 2-2 draw with Barca at home, I was 2-0 down aswell!

It keeps happening over and over again. Hit the woodwork twice and missed three clear cut chances in the biggest game of our season. Now am 1 point behind Twente in third and have to go to Lyon last game while Twente have to go to Old Trafford. Am hoping United can do me a favour seeing as a draw will send me through due to superior head to head. My team's finishing is really driving me insane though because my tactic is clearly working yet I can't go out and buy a goal scorer because of the issue with the wages.

dortmundvmanutdsplitvie.png

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21449168/4-3-3Dortmun1.tac

Ummm, so first time I've uploaded a tactic, hope this a. works and b. helps folks with their Dortmund saves. The main thing to remember is it will work best if the strikers either side of Lewandowski are cutting in onto a stronger foot, depending on who you have managed to sign the next best option in my experience is Kagawa on the left and Perisic on the right. Also keep match prep on high no focus. I suppose I should add that even though I've had great results I've shipped alot of goals, and have only tested it on one save for half a season.

If you do try it then good luck and give it pre season!

Most of them are good or very good. This has been happening all season. Just because it was such a massive game it stood out more. Since the winter break we have played 9 games and only won 3. Drew 4 of them. We've dominated most of these games yet the same thing happens every time. Here's the evidence. My games in chronological order (every game I've played not just a sample that back me up):

dortmundvklnsplitview.png

hoffenheimvdortmundspli.png

dortmundvfcbayernsplitv.png

wolfsburgvdortmundsplitmg.png

dortmundvgladbachsplitv.png

dortmundvchelseasplitvi.png

herthabscvdortmundsplit.png

dortmundvhsvsplitview.png

As you can see I have dominated every single game apart from the Hamburg game which I edged stats wise. This clearly has to be a bug with the game because my team's morale is good and my players who are missing these chances are extremely talented. Here's my squad since the winter transfer window where I managed to raise a little extra money and bring in some loans and a couple of signings.

Please ignore where it says ineligable. This is only for the Champions League.

I probably wouldn't say it is a bug, personally I would say something to do with the tactics. Going by post #513 it looks like you have too many set to attack. To keep the ball and not rush going forward, I would have Goetze set to support, and I would play without a Deep-Lying Playmaker. Also what is your starting strategy? I would probably use standard if you aren't already.

Surely it must be a bug because my team are creating so many clear cut chances yet scoring barely anyone? The fact that I have dominated basically everyone surely must mean that my team on the balance of play should score more goals than my opponents more often than not? It's what logic would suggest anyway.

I have been using standard all season

Here is my main tactic:

borussiadortmundtactics.png

My roles have changed depending on who plays but it tends to stay similar. The centre back roles have stayed the same when the two young stars play. At FB I use attack on both sides because it suits my personnel and sometimes have to switch to WB depending on who I start. In central midfield I always have a BWM. It is set to S on there now because I had to attack due to the game being against Chelsea and me being behind but usually I set it on D. I did use a DLP mainly because of injuries to other options in that position. I prefer to use an AP with S. It depends on who I play and who is fit though because I am loaded at AM but not so strong at CM. My front three is always W AM W. I tried to use IF but my players performed far worse so went back to W. I use the role of A because the guys I play are typically out and out wingers who can dribble and cross but not pass so well. I guess I could use Gotze as S but he has played well in this current role. Upfront I have used my players as poachers even Barrios who the scouts recommend as a T. This is simply because I have three attack minded players behind them who can link up and the wingers drilling crosses for the P to attack. Don't think I need a striker who can come back and link up in the buildup.

Btw the Chelsea replay was a miracle. I rested around half of my starters yet my team pulled off the miracle at the Bridge :D

chelseavdortmundsplitvi.png

Just finished my second season. Am kind of disappointed but the team have progressed a lot and should be vastly improved against next year even if we are not given money to buy new players. It's the beauty of having such a young side who are doing so well in training. In the league we pushed Bayern all the way but came up short by three points. Finished so far clear of third placed Leverkusen which was fantastic. Not winning the league was 100% my fault. At the start of the season I rested my starters for quite a few games when I was busy with Champions League group games and domestic cup games. In these games we dropped a lot of points and were mid table for the first couple of months. I did a great job of getting close to Bayern with superb post-Christmas form but it was just too late.

Here's my fixture list. You can probably see the awful period around the group games where we only managed to win three, draw two and lose two while Bayern started strong and created a huge game.

By niebiescy84 at 2012-03-25

Here you can see the strong finish. I screwed up really badly in Europe. Due to the league being more winnable I started my reserves/youths away in Naples against Napoli. The reason was that I had to play Bayern at the weekend which was the key to my season with my team being so far behind them. I felt I could afford to lose in Naples and expected some away goals. I got what I expected although I didn't think I'd lose by two goals. Then at the weekend I was 2-1 up against Bayern going into the 90th minute where they scored in injury time. I won 3-2 against Napoli at home. Going out again was my fault. My team was 3-0 up and absolutely destroying them while our league form wasn't great at the time once again due to playing a higher volume of fixtures and lacking depth. My idea was to rest my star players for the weekend seeing as a vastly inferior team would have to score two against my to go through and we were destroying them. Big mistake! They scored four minutes into injury time on the counter attack. No idea what the hell was up with the match engine when it happened though seeing as I played contain yet my team were attacking them and overcommitted going forwards. Going out may have been best due to my lack fo squad depth although seeing as we failed to win the league I guess it wouldn't have mattered if we droped an extra 10 points due to rotating the squad. Here's the heartbreaking game:

dortmundvnapoliinformathz.png

Next season my main goal is to win the league. I've spent a lot of money renewing the contracts of my young players who are all demanding far larger salaries. My board once again have decided to expand my stadium further which I really don't understand. Last pre-season they spent basically all of our funds on expanding to 96,700 and now are increasing the capacity to over 100,000. I have increased our youth and training facilities to the maximum levels. We have some great prospects there now. I imagine most of my new squad players for next year will come through the youth ranks due to low expectations as to what the board will offer me to spend and also because my wage bill is increasing so fast due to young players becoming world class and expecting more money. I think I'm still a year away from being a threat to win the Champions League although with a good draw I may have a chance and will probably take it more seriously next season. I'll maybe post another update after the pre-season.

Nice ending to the season you had there mate. A lot better than it started off with all them injuries you had. How has Leitner been progressing for you? think I'm going to start a BVB game now, but I'm a farely slow player so will probably take me a week to do a season :D

The first season I didn't know how to use him because he's not fast enough to play on the wing and is nowhere near as good as Kagawa as an AMC. Then Reus joined on the pre-arranged transfer in the summer and I really had no idea of what to do with him. I had some problems in central midfield because the board haven't given me much money to spend so had no way of bring in a playmaker who can play MC. I have used Leitner on the right side of my two MCs next to Jali playing as either a DLP or an AP depending on how weak or strong the opposition are and whether we're at home or away. Because of his excellent technical stats and high teamwork and work rate I have found him best in a deeper role tbh. I did consider selling him at one point but an very happy that I didn't. He is now worth £7.5m and Benfica are after him. Here's his current profile:

moritzleitneroverviewpr.png

The three original young players that I would consider selling most are Grosskreutz, Gundogan and Bender.

With Grosskreutz I just don't have a role for him in my team. He's not good enough to ever make it as a FB and I don't want defensive wingers when in my tactic their job is to run at people and drill in crosses to my poacher and AMC/Trequarista. Right now he's there purely because of his versatility as a not so super sub.

I just can't find any consistency from Gundogan. He is ultra reliable as a starting MC (role AP - S) when Leitner is injured of suspended but he just never has any big games. I used him previously as a backup AMC for when Kagawa was out but with Erick Torres to use as an impact player in that role I have no space for him there now. He's not worth selling because he's only worth £5m but his contract only has 2 more seasons left now and I'm not sure if I want to renew consider he's now on £34.5k pre week and wants around £40k p/w to renew. I would rather bring in a younger who can be more of an impact player. My problem is that I'm loaded with wingers but don't have the money to bring in guys to play MC so may have to keep him depending on board funding.

Bender's another who just doesn't really ever play well. I don't play with a DMC and as an MC he just consistently rates around 6.5-6.9 and never has big games. He's an expensive backup to Jali (who is now awesome) on £37k per week and am not sure whether to sell him considering he's only worth £3.7m. I may try and offload him and bring in a youngster to replace him mainly because I want his wages gone from my bill.

This young lad definitely has the ability to play far more games and make an impact next season. I've given him some playing time in cup cakes and as a sub in games we have won. He's progressing well and is on too high a wage to not play.

josmarabastidaoverviewp.png

Just had the pre-season from hell. I now have Kagawa out for 3-4 months, Gotze out 4-5 weeks and Reus out 5-6 weeks. That's all three of my star attacking players. On top of them dos Santos is also out. Because of the injuries I had to use a 16 year old against Bayern in the Super Cup. This is gonna be an interesting start to the season for sure. Will probably have to use Torres as a Trequarista with Vollmann (a young German I picked up a year ago for 450k from 1860 Munich) on the left and Vlad Weiss (thank God I signed him this pre-season for depth in my rotation) on the right. Here's the squad screenshot btw:

borussiadortmundsquadpl.png

Here's the 16 year old:

olejepsenoverviewprofil.png

Here's a link to my pre-season transfer activity:

dortmundtransfershistor.png

In terms of players I signed to strengthen the first team there wasn't a lot of activity tbh. Most signings were either for depth or for the future. I signed Sandro to rotate with Jali in the BWM spot in central midfield. This year I am aiming to take the Champions League far more seriously so need at least two players at each position of starting ability. The idea is to roate the two using one in the league (probably Sandro) and the other in Europe (Jali). Toloi was signed for the same reason. I signed him on loan the last two seasons and finally this year had enough money to bring him in permanently due to him not being given a shot at Arsenal. He will be used alongside Zouma as my CB pairing for smaller league games and cup games so I can save Subotic and Hummels for the big ones. As mentioned above I signed Vlad Weiss to give me more depth all over the field. His versatility is awesome (can play any position in AM or MC) and he will be starting on the right wing until Reus comes back which means he'll start pretty much all season. He can also provide depth at centre mid where I only have one or two decent playmakers. I signed David Ospina to give me a quality backup if Carrizzo gets injured. Was chuffed to get him for free (also signed my starter on a free). The only sure thing long-term starter I signed this pre-season was Konstantin Rausch to play LB. I want to buy more German players but they are just too expensive compared to foreigners. I was happy to pay £7.5m for a starting FB with the ability to play for 10 more seasons. I sold Schmelzer to Ajax because he wanted a huge salary to renew his contract and honestly hadn't played well enough to justify it. My other signings were all youngsters. My aim was to find a GK of the future so I signed two and also to develop some wingers and a striker because my young teams suck at those positons but are loaded in defence and CM. Here are some of my prospects I signed (won't post Jepsen again as he's above):

migueloverviewprofile.png

lusvieiraoverviewprofil.png

arthurdesmasoverviewpro.png

I'll post another update once the winter break has been reached. Hopefully I can survive this injury crisis to my star players. Beat Bayern in the Super Cup so hope the good start can continue. I have no fears about getting out of a Champions League group now my reputation is stronger so will be seeded higher, but am a little concerned about keeping up with Bayern in the league if I get any more injuries.

Some very nice signings there :thup: Kevin Rausch was brilliant for me on my Hannover save on the last patch. Not only can he play LB but he can play all the way do the left hand side, and can put in a good cross at the end. Also Sandro I highly admire and is another great signing, along with Ospina. Miguel looks like he could come out pretty good as well, do you do your own training?

I decided to re-start my Dortmund save with the new patch coming out. Not going to make any signings this season as to keep it as real as I can. Tweaked about with 4-2-3-1 tatic which, after ages, I have finally got my head around and working to a level I'm happy with. Pre-season went ok, we weren't spectacular but good enough. Just overcam Schalke in the super cup game but it could have gone either way, played about with the tactic a little more and have been on an unbelievable run of form.

The league looks like this,

bvbleague.jpg

best results so far are;

bvbbayern.jpg

bvbutd.jpg

All in all really enjoying it so far.

Some very nice signings there :thup: Kevin Rausch was brilliant for me on my Hannover save on the last patch. Not only can he play LB but he can play all the way do the left hand side, and can put in a good cross at the end. Also Sandro I highly admire and is another great signing, along with Ospina. Miguel looks like he could come out pretty good as well, do you do your own training?

I have no idea how to set up training so It'll be effective so leave it to my assistant. All I do is set up tutoring.

Wow, what a game;

bvbchamplg.jpg

Never scored 9 before, well not that I can remember, and it is the first time I have had a perfect 10 rating since FM10. Got Kagawa to sign a new cotract nd the past few games have reaped the rewards he is amazing at the minute as is Lewandowski.

Do you have some sort of super tactic or something? To win 12 from 12 and beat teams like United seems nearly impossible to me. First season the squad is too young and not good enough yet to be so consistent and beating such strong teams regularly.

On an unrelated note has anyone else noticed that before Champions League games they always have to play away from home in the league? It's causing me huge problems this season because it's much harder to get a result away from home with the reserves than with the starters. It's funny because I just checked and last year every game before a European group stage match was at home. This is a huge advantage in the title race is one team can rest players before Euro games and another can't. It's just too hard to beat good teams away from home consistently with kids while at home I've found it pretty easy.

No such things as a super tactic. I have refined it through a few saves. Utd game I was lucky in fairness they had a lot of shots on target I just took my chances, Bayern I was better than, team is pretty much at the highest point morale wise and the way we are playing suits the group and certain creative individuals to a tee. I have no doubt a few dodgy results are round the corner, if I lose a few players to injury I can see my side struggle for a little bit. I would be happy to discuss my set up if you like.

I've had a really weird start to the start. I am now at the winter break in season 3. I am top of the Bundesliga and look like the most likely winners and am still in the cup but am out of Europe. Drew a really tough group with Shakhtar, Athletic Bilbao and Lorient. I beat Shakhtar in the first game at home and then played the reserves away in Bilbao in game 2 due to having an important league game the weekend after. Somehow in games 3 and 4 Lorient managed to beat me twice even though we completely outplayed them in both games. Then in the fifth game we outplayed Shakhtar away in Donetsk and were up 2-1 late in the game before they somehow scored 2 late goals to win. My reserves easily beat Bilbao in the final game at home but we were already out by then. I am really angry at going out of Europe all together. I don't really care from a competition point of view because were aren't ready to win it yet but in terms of money and also reputation it's a bit of a disaster. It's kind of my fault, but also we had too many freakish results. From the time the group stage begun we won 10 domestic games and drew 1 yet against teams no better than those we faced in the league we managed to win 2 and lose 4. Very hard to take. Next year we will come back stronger and more experienced with far more squad depth so think we may be ready for a real challenge on all fronts. Going out helps the title challenge domestically but I really needed to make the last 16 just for the money and reputation.

Here's the league table (you can see it's a three horse race with everyone else miles behind even at this early stage):

I will post my instructions/ tactics as soon as I can, won't have time tonight as I'm at the match. when you say you play your reserves in some games how many players are you rotating? I am in all the competitions and I rarley swap out more then 3-4 players max.

I will post my instructions/ tactics as soon as I can, won't have time tonight as I'm at the match. when you say you play your reserves in some games how many players are you rotating? I am in all the competitions and I rarley swap out more then 3-4 players max.

I don't mean reserve team players. My squad is much deeper now than it was initially and I can basically field two whole teams that should be competative at a reasonable level. I basically replace the whole starting lineup and play younger players with big potential or players I have that are equal to starters who play in positions where fatigue is common such as FB and W.

I don't mean reserve team players. My squad is much deeper now than it was initially and I can basically field two whole teams that should be competative at a reasonable level. I basically replace the whole starting lineup and play younger players with big potential or players I have that are equal to starters who play in positions where fatigue is common such as FB and W.

Used to do that myself. The more players you change per match, the more inconsistent your results will be. If you keep the one team playing consistently and only rest 1 or 2 players every now and then, your team will be more consistent. Just my personal observation :)

Used to do that myself. The more players you change per match, the more inconsistent your results will be. If you keep the one team playing consistently and only rest 1 or 2 players every now and then, your team will be more consistent. Just my personal observation :)

I imagine that you're probably correct. The main reason why is do this is to keep my non-starters match fit. If they don't play then they go down to 60-70% match fit and are unless as impact subs or can be dodgy as injury replacements. Also youngsters obviously need first team football to improve and older players need to play to stay happy even if they're rotation or backup players. Also it is the only chance I have to find out whether my kids are good enough for my squad because friendlies are useless apart from for fitness purposes while performances at smaller clubs don't mean a lot when you're a title contender. I probably do lose or draw 4-5 winnable games over the course of the season because of it but can't find another way to keep players match fit and happy.

Finally won the league this season. Was pretty easy tbh. Played my reserves the last few games to help the kids develop so didn't win by as many points as I could've. Here's the final table:

Have the cup final in a week. Not sure what I'll do preseason because I can't afford to buy anyone better than what I already have. Think I'm going to have to just be patient and wait for my young players to get better and better until I'm ready to win the Champions League while improving depth at certain positions. Will be interesting to see what my budgets are as last summer I spent 1/3 of what Bayern and Koln did.

Archived