A Message On Football Manager 2012 Activation

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done SI/SEGA!

Gamers who don't accept your anti-piracy efforts are a bunch of whiners. Spoon fed, crying babies who have mom and pop to pay for food, shelter and, obviously, the FM game each year.

Piracy makes the game more expensive for everyone. So, suck it up your pampered whiners. You should be grateful that SI is doing something to make the game more affordable and secure for everyone.

:applause:

lol

So compared to previous years Football Manager 2012 will be the cheapest version yet?

:D

Cant help thinking Steam is Good for Saga not so great for the customer.

Sega get an ani-piracy measure, stops second hand sales, and automates patching, In the future the possibility of getting rid of manufacturing and distribution costs, and taking the retailers cut of the sale price.

We get a piece of software we didn't choose, no resale value on the product ( buy it play it for a couple of days decide you hate it. Bad luck you cant get any money back ) and updates whether we want them or not.

Was that intentional? :D

SI/Sega

I have purchased EVERY version of CM/FM with only perhaps 3 exceptions since the original Championship Manager in what, 1993? I had also even booked time off work to play the new version, which shows how much I was looking forward to it. But I am now seriously, SERIOUSLY considering not buying this version for this reason only and no other. I am purchasing one piece of software in FM, and do not expect to be dictated to in any way by the makers of that software as far as what other software I do and don't have to have installed on my PC in order to play it. This is not a case of being "worried" about installing Steam due to bad experiences I've heard of others having, or had myself, it's simply a matter of principle. The computer I use is built by me, has only programs and software on it that I have elected to install, and what I do or do not have installed on it is, quite frankly, no body else's business, be it yours, or anyone elses.

Again, I'm not saying at all I am concerned about what Steam as a program itself, but with the money I will pay for this game, the game I have spent a good proportion of my life playing, now also comes a diction that I must install a secondary, third party piece of software onto my computer because some people don't pay for the game, thus meaning you lose money. It would not be considered acceptable if, for example, I purchased a CD or DVD which I wished to use/watch through my computer, and it did not let me unless I used Windows Media Player, so I don't see why this is considered acceptable.

If this move/decision had been taken with the environment in mind, ie. digital download through Steam ONLY to cut down on the plastic/packaging used in shipping a game to shops, as well as the carbon footprint that leaves, then fine. But such a decision would potentially cost you money because casual gamers may not know where to obtain the game from, so that's clearly not an option. Far better to dictate to hundreds of thousands of your customers what other software they have installed on their computers to use your product.

This is just wrong. You should not be spouting out misinformation. It is an application that requires you to submit an email address and a password in order to use it. You login over the internet. You purchase games over the internet. You update games over the internet, it is an internet based application. End of story.

As it involves sending information and receiving information from the internet, then it has security issues that people need to be aware of. They need to know how to set a proper password, make sure the email is safe and so on. Nothing you say will change that, regardless of how many times you repeat the same misinformation in capitals.

It is the same with any application that requires a username and password. People need to know how to be safe. That is the end of the story, and I really don't see why you don't understand this?

You're wrong, the application (once downloaded) is based locally. You can use the application without an Internet connection, therefore it is not Internet 'based'.

I have to ask as well, these people who are worried about having to be connected to the Internet, are you never able to download the official patches either?

One Steam account although you can login with that Steam account on an unlimited amount of computers (just only one at a time).

Wow that's ****, this has to be one of the worst decisions ever if that's the case. For year's me and my brother have both seperately installed FM on our computers but now we'll have to buy seperate copies, not the end of the world I know but a lot of people will be in the same situation and I know that Steam can have a lot of problems with it especially when you use it over a number of computer.

The decision was not taken lightly and was taken after thorough research as to the best way to combat piracy for this year's game. It was felt, after that research, that this was the best option available.

OK. Thank you for answering.

Ammm, I do not use STEAM and dont know: Is there way to purchase the game VIA steam (with credit card i mean)???

You're doing it again. You're linking an issue with piracy in which is pretty much has no link what-so-ever.

Once again: Is this Steam activation method a way to stop people playing the game that they have bought from a UK retailer before the official release date? If someone goes to a retailer and God forbid purchases the game a couple of days before the official release date then they will no longer be able to play that game until the Steam servers activate it. yes? I am not suggested or defending piracy at all. You are linking, somehow, the issue of piracy to someone going to a shop and buying the game before the official release date - that is not piracy in any way shape or form.

Has any retailer put pressure on Sega or SI or offered incentives to implement such a activation method? I could imagine various retailers getting annoyed at other retailers who sell the game early.

The simple answer is no. This decision has made been whilst talking or considering any retailers. You're right that many retailers sell the game early, mainly on the continent or devlier pre-ordered games a day early in an effort to ensure that people recieve their version of the game on the day of release; but this is now commonplace and retail have accepted the situation. We don't deliver the game to them until the latest possible moment to combat this. The Steam activation is purely to combat piracy. I really wish you'd believe me as it's the truth :)

You're wrong, the application (once downloaded) is based locally. You can use the application without an Internet connection, therefore it is not Internet 'based'.

I have to ask as well, these people who are worried about having to be connected to the Internet, are you never able to download the official patches either?

Oh come on guys, this is silly now :D

Look, if someone gets your account and password, they can get into your account. Regardless of whether or not you set the application to offline on your computer. Your games are saved on Steam servers. It is an internet based application.

Look at it this way - if you don't have the internet at all, then you can't use Steam. That is not a local application, that is an internet basned application. Steam requires the internet at one stage, or another, in order for it to what it is designed to do. I can't possible make it more clear. It is an internet based application.

This is just wrong. You should not be spouting out misinformation. It is an application that requires you to submit an email address and a password in order to use it. You login over the internet. You purchase games over the internet. You update games over the internet, it is an internet based application. End of story.

As it involves sending information and receiving information from the internet, then it has security issues that people need to be aware of. They need to know how to set a proper password, make sure the email is safe and so on. Nothing you say will change that, regardless of how many times you repeat the same misinformation in capitals.

It is the same with any application that requires a username and password. People need to know how to be safe. That is the end of the story, and I really don't see why you don't understand this?

I don't see why you don't understand it.

How many things do you register for on the internet? I bet you give out your email address on a weekly basis. Buy stuff from Amazon? iTunes? Buy anything from eBay? Put your credit information to attend online seminars? Or to buy a video or music? Buy Plane Tickets online?

If you do any of these things, then Steam is perfectly safe for you.

If you don't - it's your loss. Steam is totally secure. If it has security issues that you are concerned about then Contact Steam.

And you accuse me of spouting misinformation.

Steam is secure.

• Administrators
Wow that's ****, this has to be one of the worst decisions ever if that's the case. For year's me and my brother have both seperately installed FM on our computers but now we'll have to buy seperate copies, not the end of the world I know but a lot of people will be in the same situation and I know that Steam can have a lot of problems with it especially when you use it over a number of computer.

What you've been doing for a number of years is essentially illegal and in breach of the terms when sold the game I'm afraid.

There is some real bizarre logic in this thread. Simply put we're running with Steam for this release. If you don't like it, we're sorry but it's not going to change for this release. If you don't want to buy the game simply because you don't want to have to use Steam then you won't buy the game. I don't know why some people are arguing over the fact they're not going to buy the game? Either you are or you aren't, there's not much we can do about that other than reassure you that we feel Steam is the best choice for Football Manager.

Good customer service - Alot of these people have supported the game for a good few years and like me feel left out and discarded by the wayside.

No I don't get it because frankly, Steam isn't going to do anything to you or your computer. It's a great service no matter how many games you own.

Just because you, or even many people think its a great service doesnt mean we want it, or should have to have it. I heard the blonde at the local brothel provides a great service, i dont want that though, and certainly wouldnt want it forced on me!

maybe alittle off topic here but...the Price for FM 2012 on steam is £29.99.....the price on play.com is £29.99 - the same.

Surely if im purchasing the game through steam i should expect to pay less, after all there will be no packaging, no disc, no user manual - All this additional cost which SI will not have to pay for, meaning more profit per game sold on Steam.

My question is will you be making the game cheaper on steam?, say £19.99 that would be a fair price IMO.

Thank you

Yeah to a stick at work ;) - then install them at home!

Oh come on guys, this is silly now :D

Look, if someone gets your account and password, they can get into your account. Regardless of whether or not you set the application to offline on your computer. Your games are saved on Steam servers. It is an internet based application.

The games are not saved on Steam servers!? They are saved locally on your hard drive. You install the game via a CD if you want. You ACTIVATE the game through steam.

If you buy the game on Steam you will install it through steam. And if you uninstall it you will have to install again via steam and an active internet connection.

If you buy the CD however, you don't need to do this. So if it's about installing the game through Steam, then don't buy it through steam.

You can install through the CD - open Steam Online for 2 minutes to activate the Game and be on your way.

Do you understand this?

It's not an internet based application. It's based on your computer. Once you activate the game you can turn Steam to offline mode. If you launch FM you can quit Steam. To relaunch FM start up Steam, launch FM, quit Steam.

That isn't true. You can't close Steam when you've got a game running from it, even in offline mode. You need Steam running whenever you play a game from it.

Unless there's a special way of doing it which I don't know about.

I'm planing on buying a new PC for Christmas so my question is, if I install the game on my PC and then i switch to a better PC, can I install Steam and Football Manager in that other PC?

Yes, once activated the game is linked to your Steam account. So you just need to install Steam, login with your account and it will be there :)

I'm planing on buying a new PC for Christmas so my question is, if I install the game on my PC and then i switch to a better PC, can I install Steam and Football Manager in that other PC?

Yes, once you have a Steam account you simply download Steam onto your new PC and any games you have registered with them will be available to be downloaded again via the games menu.

I don't see why you don't understand it.

How many things do you register for on the internet? I bet you give out your email address on a weekly basis. Buy stuff from Amazon? iTunes? Buy anything from eBay? Put your credit information to attend online seminars? Or to buy a video or music? Buy Plane Tickets online?

If you do any of these things, then Steam is perfectly safe for you.

If you don't - it's your loss. Steam is totally secure. If it has security issues that you are concerned about then Contact Steam.

And you accuse me of spouting misinformation.

Steam is secure.

What are you talking about?

Read. Please. I'm at the point of begging you ffs.

Anything that you need to register with over the internet needs to be secured appropriately. I am not saying that Steam is a security risk, I have never said that despite your poor attempts at understanding..anything I've said about anything.

What I am saying is that anything that requires a username and password has the potential to be hacked, therefore it is a security risk. This goes for any webservice that you sign up for. Any webservice at all.

Can you please try and understand that? The fact that Amazon also requires an email address and password is irrelevant.

An internet cafe, university, friend's house? Thousands of possibilities unless you live in a rural community.

Thousands of possibilities which we shouldnt have to go through to play a game we have just purchased! I want to play the game, i am gonna pay for the privelige, and yet im expected to jump through hoops to play it! Out of order if you ask me!

• Administrators
Good customer service - Alot of these people have supported the game for a good few years and like me feel left out and discarded by the wayside.

How have you been discarded? All we've said is that people have a choice to buy the game and run it through Steam or not buy it.

I'm not against the this move as I stopped using disks for anything ages ago.

But the reasoning you will combat piracy is absolutely ridiculous. Every single "steam protected" game has been cracked.

Whoever used pirated games before will go to the same place to get their new copy and wouldn't care less if you changed the protection. So effectively I don't see how somebody who pirated the games before won't do it now. To really change this you have two options:

1. Use a copy protection which hasn't been cracked. I know one and it would probably cause even bigger outrage.

2. Ask why people are pirating - they are either too lazy to get to the store (digital distribution) or can't afford the game (lower price).

Publishers really had a chance to kill two birds with one stone using digital distribution, but they opted for keeping there even higher prices than the brick and mortar stores, which is financially illogical.

You can reason that Steam is cool and bringing a lot of convenience, but combating piracy? Don't insult our intelligence.

The only thing you are achieving is annoying people who hate change and ultimately they may opt for the pirated version, which won't require any pesky activation. I'm saying you could have marketed this decision better.

Well this is ridiculous. My Steam in Offline Mode wishes to reconnect every 20 minutes by CLOSING everything open and then reloading Steam. I've changed settings, I've had Steams HORRENDOUS technical help attempt to fix it, i've uninstalled and reinstalled, changed laptops and installed it, and it still bloody does it!!! So if I'm playing a game in offline mode it throws me off after 20 minutes and I have to reopen it, and half the time I lose any game progress. Its immensely annoying and frustrating.

Steam is a 1000000% unstable platform offline. And half the time I'm travelling and playing FM. I don't have internet. What am I meant to do?

Horrendous decision SI.

What you've been doing for a number of years is essentially illegal and in breach of the terms when sold the game I'm afraid.

Fair enough, but when you've been a follower of the FM series for a number of years, I've supported them for a number of years and worked on a number of fansites, investing a lot of money in to supporting a community you feel slightly aggrieved when SI keep becoming increasingly incapable of supporting it's fan base.

The games are not saved on Steam servers!? They are saved locally on your hard drive. You install the game via a CD if you want. You ACTIVATE the game through steam.

If you buy the game on Steam you will install it through steam. And if you uninstall it you will have to install again via steam and an active internet connection.

If you buy the CD however, you don't need to do this. So if it's about installing the game through Steam, then don't buy it through steam.

You can install through the CD - open Steam Online for 2 minutes to activate the Game and be on your way.

Do you understand this?

It's called cloud sync. Deus Ex (Which I also bought on PC DVD) saves games to the Steam servers.

Besides that, that was not the main point of the example, which I'm sure you know.

It was a minor example demonstrating yet another way in which it is an internet based application.

The simple answer is no. This decision has made been whilst talking or considering any retailers. You're right that many retailers sell the game early, mainly on the continent or devlier pre-ordered games a day early in an effort to ensure that people recieve their version of the game on the day of release; but this is now commonplace and retail have accepted the situation. We don't deliver the game to them until the latest possible moment to combat this. The Steam activation is purely to combat piracy. I really wish you'd believe me as it's the truth :)

I think I've bought every version of Football Manager and the latter versions of Championship Manager - I still have the boxes in the loft of the early ones I've bought. I've stayed loyal despite massive problems with Championship Manager 4 and the fiasco a few years ago with the method that was used then. However, due to other quality games coming out topped with this compulsory activation I will not buy Football Manager 2012. I'm sure it will still sell well, but at end of the day it will still get pirated whether you like it or not - I'm not defending piracy, but I'm just stating my view that it will still get pirated.

I also think this is an attempt to stop or shrink down the second hand sales. I.e, you could buy FM and activate it via steam then sell it on, but the user would have to use it with the disc in drive.

Anything that you need to register with over the internet needs to be secured appropriately. I am not saying that Steam is a security risk, I have never said that despite your poor attempts at understanding..anything I've said about anything.

What I am saying is that anything that requires a username and password has the potential to be hacked, therefore it is a security risk. This goes for any webservice that you sign up for. Any webservice at all.

Can you please try and understand that? The fact that Amazon also requires an email address and password is irrelevant.

So you're worried about your Steam account being hacked but not anything else?

...and this is part of the problem, I do not condone what you & your brother are doing as it is at the centre of the problem, between the pair of you SI & the retailer have been roobed of a unit which is just as bad as downloading an illegal copy.

Well done SI/SEGA!

Gamers who don't accept your anti-piracy efforts are a bunch of whiners. Spoon fed, crying babies who have mom and pop to pay for food, shelter and, obviously, the FM game each year.

Piracy makes the game more expensive for everyone. So, suck it up your pampered whiners. You should be grateful that SI is doing something to make the game more affordable and secure for everyone.

Who the hell do you think you are coming on here saying that?

Granted, some people are going a bit OTT with all this. I have said that I won't be buying FM this year as I won't be having Steam on my PC and that's that. I accept that this now means I won't be able to play FM12 but I can live with that no problem.

For you to come on and say that though and sook up SI's ass is just pure immature - get a life!

So you're worried about your Steam account being hacked but not anything else?

:D

Why can't people read?

Can you read the first bolded part?

Anything that requires an email and password needs to be secured properly. It's not even a major point, it's just one that Eugene feels he has a foothold on because he can't counter anything else with something that isn't misinformation.

It's not just anything with a username and password that can be hacked. You can be hacked by simply being connected to the internet.

Yes email accounts and services you subscribe can be hacked.

Same as someone can through your rubbish bins and take your credit card information or whatever you have.

Same as someone can rob you at knife or gun point and take your wallet and force you to withdraw your account

Yes people steal things. Even on the internet. Is that your point?

If that's your concern then unplug the internet right now. Don't go outside again. And lock your doors and keep that shotgun loaded. (might want to get some cats to throw at people as they walk by too).

Well this is ridiculous. My Steam in Offline Mode wishes to reconnect every 20 minutes by CLOSING everything open and then reloading Steam. I've changed settings, I've had Steams HORRENDOUS technical help attempt to fix it, i've uninstalled and reinstalled, changed laptops and installed it, and it still bloody does it!!! So if I'm playing a game in offline mode it throws me off after 20 minutes and I have to reopen it, and half the time I lose any game progress. Its immensely annoying and frustrating.

Steam is a 1000000% unstable platform offline. And half the time I'm travelling and playing FM. I don't have internet. What am I meant to do?

Horrendous decision SI.

I have the same problem, steam in offline mode is horrendous at times, steam windows pop up everywhere, got a lot of error messages and often doesn't allow me to re-connect to the internet. Steam also requires you to enter in an emailed password when used under a different IP address and it's a nightmare for switching computers or between connections.

I've had to re-install steam when it's completely stopped working, can be a nightmare at times.

I'm not against the this move as I stopped using disks for anything ages ago.

But the reasoning you will combat piracy is absolutely ridiculous. Every single "steam protected" game has been cracked.

Whoever used pirated games before will go to the same place to get their new copy and wouldn't care less if you changed the protection. So effectively I don't see how somebody who pirated the games before won't do it now. To really change this you have two options:

1. Use a copy protection which hasn't been cracked. I know one and it would probably cause even bigger outrage.

2. Ask why people are pirating - they are either too lazy to get to the store (digital distribution) or can't afford the game (lower price).

Publishers really had a chance to kill two birds with one stone using digital distribution, but they opted for keeping there even higher prices than the brick and mortar stores, which is financially illogical.

You can reason that Steam is cool and bringing a lot of convenience, but combating piracy? Don't insult our intelligence.

The only thing you are achieving is annoying people who hate change and ultimately they may opt for the pirated version, which won't require any pesky activation. I'm saying you could have marketed this decision better.

Steam has been cracked... It'll be cracked again and again for every game that's released via Steam...

I want a hard-copy of the game, ALWAYS, I don't use digital downloads I buy the disc...

and then I'm going to be FORCED to install a piece of software that is invasive, intrusive, using resources unnecessarily, that I'm never going to use for anything else, its effin scandalous! I'm proper not happy! :mad:

I'm sorry to break this to you but if you insist on a physical copy of software you will be very disappointed in the next few years. CDs and DVDs and even Blu-Ray are almost obsolete due to online distribution. Game stores will go the way of record shops and Blockbusters in the not too distant future.

I have always bought the original game and like many others i was very excited to play FM 12. I even pre-ordered it 1 month ago with amazon. Now i just don't want it anymore. Not even for free. Steam? You must be joking! I'd rather type in 10000 serial numbers copied from the back of the box than to register with steam. Enought for me now.

I think I've bought every version of Football Manager and the latter versions of Championship Manager - I still have the boxes in the loft of the early ones I've bought. I've stayed loyal despite massive problems with Championship Manager 4 and the fiasco a few years ago with the method that was used then. However, due to other quality games coming out topped with this compulsory activation I will not buy Football Manager 2012. I'm sure it will still sell well, but at end of the day it will still get pirated whether you like it or not - I'm not defending piracy, but I'm just stating my view that it will still get pirated.

I also think this is an attempt to stop or shrink down the second hand sales. I.e, you could buy FM and activate it via steam then sell it on, but the user would have to use it with the disc in drive.

Really sorry you feel this way jpwild. I also have the early big boxes of FM in my cupboard at home (including the one with the manager that looked like taggart pointed towards you). I think the level of how serious we consider piracy to be intolerable has been pointed out a few times, so I won't go into it again, but sorry to hear you won't be buying the game though.

...and this is part of the problem, I do not condone what you & your brother are doing as it is at the centre of the problem, between the pair of you SI & the retailer have been roobed of a unit which is just as bad as downloading an illegal copy.

Not really, I've bought two copies most years, even bought more copies for various reasons and I've also spent a lot of money on community sites and supported sites and players before, all I'm doing is installing the games on two of my computers (ones a home and one's a personal) which I can use both, if I didn't my brother would just play it on my laptop anyway?

It's called cloud sync. Deus Ex (Which I also bought on PC DVD) saves games to the Steam servers.

Besides that, that was not the main point of the example, which I'm sure you know.

It was a minor example demonstrating yet another way in which it is an internet based application.

With Steam in offline mode I don't know how it can save your FM game to the servers.

You're demonstrating that you're afraid your account will be hacked. Well it might be. But you might be robbed tomorrow. Or the next day. Or you might have your ATM card scammed.

What are you going to do, not use ATM machines anymore? Walk around with wallet full of cash until you're robbed? Then what?

Billions of people securely use online facilities everyday without being hacked.

Sure you might get hacked, then you most probably will not.

You don't get it, if you want to install Steam and play hundreds of games that's you problem, I don't see why I should be forced to install it just so that I can play the ONLY game that I play... hear me? I play ONE GAME, FM! No other! Why should I have to have Steam? I don't want it as I have zero need for it, none, nil, nada, nowt! Get it?

FM needs steam to run now, so if you want to play FM, you need steam, get it?

Steam is great anyway, its unintrusive, automatically downloads any updates to your games, can be set to "offline mode" so you dont even need to be online ( bar the activation ), has loads of great bundle deals for other games. There is no negative to this, all you need to do is download a little program, literally nothing to moan about :D

This is an awful move, FM is the one game you can play which doesn't need your entire focus, so i always have the game going in the background while i play other games (mostly via steam) - however now i won't be able to because steam will only let you open one game at once. I don't have a problem with steam itself, i play a lot of CS and other online games (for which steam is good, because people can't play on verified servers without having a legitimate account, and steam even simplifies the difficulties once had with various online games in actually getting online, configuring and playing against other people), but it seems stupid for the ONE single player game i actually play, to restrict me to solely playing that, unless i buy a second PC and play it on a different steam account?

Even so, for the reasons given, it's a bit of an ignorant decision anyway - the main reason steam games are "more difficult" to crack and copy than other methods is because of the fact that when you connect to a server, they're connected to a master server and if you're not on a legitimate account then you're unable to play online. For single player games however, the steam launcher and GCF file system was cracked years ago, and you can simply download a different client and play without having to connect to anything - it's just a launcher for the way steam store their games.

For FM, a game predominantly played single player, with very little online need, it's just going to simplify copying it. The cracked steam clients even DOWNLOAD the game for you from the official steam servers, no need to search certain websites, crack the game or whatever anymore, and hope it works for each patch; just boot up the launcher, download the game and play.

Of course, it won't impact the sales - the majority of people who buy the game won't browse these forums, and won't be aware of the fact steam is necessary now. But i'd just hope people realise how much easier playing an offline game is on steam than a standard one. You don't have to crack the actual game, but the steam platform (which is already done).

Still gonna buy it to support the game, but i'm more than likely gonna have to play a "different" way so i can still play other games on steam simultaneously.

It's not just anything with a username and password that can be hacked. You can be hacked by simply being connected to the internet.

Yes email accounts and services you subscribe can be hacked.

Same as someone can through your rubbish bins and take your credit card information or whatever you have.

Same as someone can rob you at knife or gun point and take your wallet and force you to withdraw your account

Yes people steal things. Even on the internet. Is that your point?

If that's your concern then unplug the internet right now. Don't go outside again. And lock your doors and keep that shotgun loaded. (might want to get some cats to throw at people as they walk by too).

Point. Missed. Completely. It was a single point on the list of things that people need be aware of. Not a list of things that people need to run away screaming in terror and fright from. I find it hilarious that you started a massive argument over what an initially minor point and then took it to such ridiculous examples.

Let me summarise.

I said, to start with, as it requires an email address and password, it should be secured appropriately.

You said "it's not a threat to online security".

I said, no, but it needs to be secured properly.

You said "it's not a thread to online security"

I said, no, but it needs to be secured properly, like every other web based service.

You said "lock yourself inside with a shotgun because you could also be mugged or have your rubbish rifled through."

Why did you take that line of argument, and continue to take while completely disregarding what my point was?

Of course steam will not save to the internet if it can't get to the internet, it was just yet another way of demonstrating how it is an internet based application, it having internet backups and all. I am not particularly worried about having my account hacked I am merely stating a list of things that people need to be aware of.

I don't want to have to type that out again, please just read it and process it.

Not really, I've bought two copies most years, even bought more copies for various reasons and I've also spent a lot of money on community sites and supported sites and players before, all I'm doing is installing the games on two of my computers (ones a home and one's a personal) which I can use both, if I didn't my brother would just play it on my laptop anyway?

He still can, just not at the same time as you. That would require two licenses and always has done. The same as most other games.

FFS SI do you not listen to those of us that do actually buy the game. Shame on whoever made that decision, I'll wager a Sega directive rather than an SI one - if I am wrong then you, SI, have really lost touch with your people!

For the prpose of this email this tone is very very restrained from what I actually think.

Archived