The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone actually explain what the blue hell happens here?? ;)

[video=youtube;tmznp0HnKeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmznp0HnKeQ

Kanu might be able to explain that one. :D

It was a shocking miss, Forest won't get an easier chance to score a goal.

But I guess when your down and out, struggling for goals... it's hard to even score tap ins.

Jesus. :lol:

I thought it sounded like Billy earlier.. untill then, it sounded like money.

Hard to make it out.

it was never money. no one ever wanted their money back. it was always billy.

it was actually quite fun being there. mocking leicester poznans when we pretended to score goals was hilarity, especially since leicester fans didn't clock onto the fact we were taking the mickey out of them.

it was never money. no one ever wanted their money back. it was always billy.

it was actually quite fun being there. mocking leicester poznans when we pretended to score goals was hilarity, especially since leicester fans didn't clock onto the fact we were taking the mickey out of them.

Ah ok.

Like I said, that the chants sounded like Billy earlier on, but at one point they sounded like money.

They sounded quiet-ish on the TV, so it was hard to make it out. :thup:

what's this about?

at the home match the small section of usual suspects at forest chanted something along the lines of "you're not english anymore" at the leicester fans. pretty stupid. the origins of it are disputed by forest fans. i imagine some braindead morons were singing it because there are a lot of ethnic minorities in leicester, some fans claim they sang it at chelsea away in 2006(?) and it was a dig at their foreign ownership. i've not a clue what it was about but i'm glad it didn't come up tonight. we got one rendition of the national anthem tonight (seriously, wtf?) and luckily that was as close as we got to any sort of pathetic nationalism.

Two tabloids are reporting Southampton to bid between £3.5m and £4m for Jordan Rhodes...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4068063/Southampton-in-4million-Jordan-Rhodes-bid.html

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/230798

Also today, the Daily Mail believes Saints will make a final £6.5m offer for Gary Hooper and improve his current £14k p/w at Celtic to £25k p/w.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1jlYGoymP

If true it "seems" like Rhodes might be the back up if Celtic refuse the bid for Hooper. Nice to see Saints look to be shopping from a very high quality shopping list!

Strikes of lazy journalism to me about Rhodes.

Adkins confirmed we were after another ST this Jan after being quizzed about Hooper, so probably just Rhodes is in form, will surely want to leave Huddersfield, Saints looking for a striker, seem to be willing to spend some money, **** it lets just write a story on that

billy davies, cu*tish fans on both occasions i've visited the city ground. wes morgan. lee camp. chris gunter. steve cottrill, i ****ing hate that man.

if you hate big wes you have no soul, and cardiff fans hating on gunter is beyond pathetic

If true it "seems" like Rhodes might be the back up if Celtic refuse the bid for Hooper. Nice to see Saints look to be shopping from a very high quality shopping list!

Or being incredibly desperate and putting bids in for everyone tbh.

And yeah none are credible sources.

Luckily we're going to have an owner who's crazy. We've not had one of them in a while... oh..

Interview with the Telegraph

“Portsmouth have eight players who earn £1.1 million a month between them. That is in a league with an average budget of £8 million a year,” he said. “Without these eight players the club is healthy, in fact it would be profitable.

“I will not come in and spend money just to prove I have it. I say to the fans, trust me, I will spend what we earn.”

Yeah and the PL money stays around forever, it's sad to know I'm more intelligent than these idiots who have millions.

Hilarious match. Was undecided whether to go or not, but glad I did in the end. I'd like to say we were that good, but really it was a case of Forest being that bad.

Mind you, that could just be what we need, to pick up our confidence, especially for Beckford.

no, i know why, i still think its pathetic, but its not worth going on about

how on earth is it pathetic when he acts the **** everytime? if someone who came through your ranks came back acting billy big bollocks when he played for no one special you'd be calling him a *****.

i can understand you hating all of the other players but wes morgan? why?!

he acted a **** at the ccs and its stuck in my head since i think. that one is a potential irrational hate.

Heard that Leeds have accepted a bid from Norwich, for their captain Jonny Howson.

Also read a rumour going around, that Norwich are actively seeking Jay Rodriguez now.. not heard of it myself, untill now.

But apparently, it's a rumour going around the Norwich fans.

Joseph Cala - "Without these eight players the club is healthy' date=' in fact it would be profitable."[/quote']

So the parent company CSI is in admin, North One doesn't have the World Rally rights and Joseph Cala admits Pompey isn't healthy and isn't profitable. Admin Andy keeps saying they need money to see out the season now that Antonov isn't pumping stolen cash from Lithuanian/Latvian bank customers to fund transfer sprees and the wage bill.

Still think you won't get a points deduction? Football League are meeting to discuss it on Friday. Though I don't know why it has taken so long when those connected to the club have all but confirmed it is insolvent.

So the parent company CSI is in admin, North One doesn't have the World Rally rights and Joseph Cala admits Pompey isn't healthy and isn't profitable. Admin Andy keeps saying they need money to see out the season now that Antonov isn't pumping stolen cash from Lithuanian/Latvian bank customers to fund transfer sprees and the wage bill.

Still think you won't get a points deduction? Football League are meeting to discuss it on Friday. Though I don't know why it has taken so long when those connected to the club have all but confirmed it is insolvent.

I'm surprised its taken this long...

I'm surprised its taken this long...

So am I, especially given some of the foot in mouth things those connected to the club have said that suggest the club is insolvent. I think it took took 21 days for Southampton to get their points deduction after the Football League decided to investigate the connection between the club and the parent company. Pompey's parent company has now been in admin for over 6 weeks. I don't think Cotterill will save Forest, the mess he left behind at Pompey (admittedly not his fault) just might.

Archived