The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how these things are all over the press simply on accusations.

They have to be I suppose, but I wish there wasn't such a furore over these things (front page of the BBC football website) unless they're actually proven guilty. Too many football fans are idiots who will mock players for things like their entire careers, even when they are proven not guilty and/or thrown out of court (as plenty of examples have done over the years). Too many football fans really don't seem to understand "innocent til proven guilty."

As much as Ward can annoy me their is no way we would sell two academy graduates (admittedly we just bought one back) when they're both on sustainable wages, couldn't see Ward in particular wanting to leave his hometown club.

Oh and Pearce is a brilliant defender so would be beyond gutted, just hope someone takes us over to stop this talk. Would be more bothered about losing players like them than Lawrence/Kitson/Ben Haim.

Good when fit tbf' date=' poor when not. Sadly, he's looked unfit for a long time. Been much better under Appleton though. We can't afford him, so wouldn't mind seeing him go. There's talk of Razak coming back on loan from City.[/quote']

Better but still not worth £20,000 a week, not even near. Want him gone asap, hopefully to Forest. Yes would really like Razak or Thorne back.

Pearson will sort us out this month. Any over paid useless players will be dealt with - whether it's being sold, dropped or having a damn good talking to.

If theres one manager in the Championship that I'd trust the most in the transfer market - its Pearson.

I love Wardy, but if it's for decent money then he should go, not good enough. We have to keep Pearce. I really cant see either wanting to leave.

I'm the first one to get annoyed at Ward but considering he's from the academy and his relatively low wage I would keep him for now as he's a decent rotation player.

Unless the money is ridiculous and if so bye bye, thanks for being braver than do Prado.

In other news, Forests U18s are currently 3-1 up in the 4th Round of the Youth Cup :D

4-1 now Rob.

EDIT: 6-1 :D

9-1 full time, about half as many goals as the entire senior team has all season :D

Saints under 18's vs Forest under 18's in round 5 at St Mary's.

I'll be going to it, should be fun. Last under 18 game I went to was the 7-0 win over Sheff Utd in round 3.

I'm guessing no Forest fans are tempted to travel down? :D

Saints under 18's vs Forest under 18's in round 5 at St Mary's.

I'll be going to it, should be fun. Last under 18 game I went to was the 7-0 win over Sheff Utd in round 3.

I'm guessing no Forest fans are tempted to travel down? :D

Depends when it is.

They are doing very well in the league, top of group B so must be doing something right.
the youth team scored more goals at the city ground last night than the first team have since the west ham game at the end of august

Cotterill isn't in charge iirc..

(These Cotterill puns just set themselves up these days. ;) )

Yeah I'm not fussed about Ward. However if we get back Thorne, Mattock, Razak then I think we'll be safe even with a 10point deduction tbf. I'll jump through hoops though if De Laet came back :)

Archived