The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hes not wrong though, hes incredibly inconsistent ( i think his only consistent good run of form at forest came after hed been benched for a couple of games ), unfit and injury prone. Sure, he can be great on his day, but "his day" comes very seldom, hes also a money grabbing ****

of course it's possible. however having watched the two derbies we played against the sheep last season he was dreadful in both matches. he scored admittedly in the 5-2 match, but really was a total passenger. what g-man says is true also. he is someone who ups his game when he's got a contract renewal coming up.

magic moments but he's one of those players where you like him as a luxury player but you need 10 other players who work their socks off to carry him.

Commons seems to be one of those players who always starts well at his new club and does really well for 6 months or so then just becomes fat and lazy and does naff all.

think he played well in the first hal;f of his last season at derby, but he was playing to attract the attentions of a bigger club, which he succeeded in, but generally, your description is accurate

actually had he gone to celtic by the second match? i think i'm confusing him with savage in that match but i could be wrong. savage was gone in that match, moussi ran him ragged.

he's one of those players who you love playing for your club but when he goes you realise that actually he was a lazy fecker who couldn't be arsed and was holding the team back, but those odd bits of magic kept making you forgive him

actually had he gone to celtic by the second match? i think i'm confusing him with savage in that match but i could be wrong. savage was gone in that match, moussi ran him ragged.

he's one of those players who you love playing for your club but when he goes you realise that actually he was a lazy fecker who couldn't be arsed and was holding the team back, but those odd bits of magic kept making you forgive him

Was left out of the side for the 2nd match, as he was signing for Celtic.

As for ex academy players with league careers, how about Alexis Kubilskis and Jonathan Wilmet, both playing in Belgium last time I looked?

Commons seems to be one of those players who always starts well at his new club and does really well for 6 months or so then just becomes fat and lazy and does naff all.

I'd take that. 6 good months and we are in the PL, where he wouldn't be good enough anyway.

Robbie Brady has extended his loan. As i've just said on Twitter, i can't quite make my mind up on if i'm happy about it or not. He has potential, but he needs to keep his cool more. We can't afford to have him getting himself sent off in the run-in.

If he gets his head down, having him and Stewart on opposite wings, could be lethal.

I can't take CMS' post from earlier seriously when he included Eugen Bopp. He only gets a contract when Paul Hart is destroying a football club. :mad:

I have no idea about our youth players' date=' so yes I'll let the 'big' boys get on with it.[/quote']

Gary O'Neil, Rowan Vine, Chris Tardif, Carl Pettefer, Lewis Buxton, Shaun Cooper, Anthony Pulis, James Keene, Marc Wilson, Joel Ward, Gauthier Mahoto, Asmir Begovic, Lenny Sowah, Matt Ritchie, Nadir Çiftçi, Peter Gregory, Marlon Pack, Tom Kilbey, Ryan Williams, and Jason Pearce

I can't take CMS' post from earlier seriously when he included Eugen Bopp. He only gets a contract when Paul Hart is destroying a football club. :mad:

I have no idea about our youth players' date=' so yes I'll let the 'big' boys get on with it.[/quote']

Eugen Bopp was a fantastic young footballer, at least before Rob Lee broke his leg and left him bereft of all confidence and pace. He's still responsible for the greatest headline I've seen on a newspaper report though, which was 'Gills Sunk by German Sub', when he sent Gillingham down with a 25 yard volley.. :D

Eugen Bopp was a fantastic young footballer, at least before Rob Lee broke his leg and left him bereft of all confidence and pace. He's still responsible for the greatest headline I've seen on a newspaper report though, which was 'Gills Sunk by German Sub', when he sent Gillingham down with a 25 yard volley.. :D

I always wondered if the goals I was seeing in those youtube videos of him were really him or it was Eugen Bopp then some impostor took over.

Yeah he was amazing there.. at Havant & Bloody Waterlooville. My opinion of H&W changed when I saw them against Betis. They had to sub Castro as he scored a Hat Trick in the first 15minutes ffs

Ha yeah was probably his level. So random that we kept him on so long :D Played a bit in the German 3rd divison last season.

Kebe offered new contract at Reading. I thought they wanted to get rid?

No, we want to sell him in January rather than lose him for nothing but our first choice is for him to sign a new contract.

N_F- Gamble left Hartlepool to sign for Limerick in the summer.

actually (and you may know this) that headline was a rip off of a headline from 1979 when forest drew 3-3 at home with fc cologne in the european cup semi-final. forest had gone 2-0 down early on on an absolute mudbath of a pitch, forest came back to lead 3-2 and then cologne brought on a japanese international who proceeded to score an equaliser, the headline the next day was "jap sub sinks forest". wouldn't see a headline like that nowadays.

here are the highlights from that match, it is an absolute cracking match, well worth watching the whole half hour!! van gool is a fantastic player (cologne were favourites, forest won the replay at their place 1-0, got through to the final, the rest is history)

[video=youtube;4n5MYKkFC4s]

No idea whats gone on really, we enquired about Pavlyuchenko (preferred a move home), Kranjcar (too expensive) and Corluka.

We're going to sign a striker, and probably a winger, too. One of Rhodes/Sharpe etc, the usual rumour suspects I'd guess.

Looks almost certain that we're signing Corluka, absolutely delighted with that.
What? :eek:

Surely someone better than you (no offence) is interested in him. Guy is good enough to be starting for a good Europa League team fgs.

That is an amazing signing, why the hell hasn't a better team signed him?

He doesn't have to move house, stays in London, on a big wage and will get regular games. Maybe he is very settled and this is the best possible option for him.

thank **** the best player in the football league isn't interested in a move to you

I'd rather Kebe anyway, Whittingham wouldnt get enough time on the ball in our side to be effective.

I think Corluka will be a loan with a permanent option if we go up.

More Sharp stuff from twitter

'Led to believe #SaintsFC do not harbour any serious interest in #DRFC striker Billy Sharp, who has been offered £28k per week by #LCFC.'

'Sharp willing to accept £20k per week & £30k upon promotion should #SaintsFC decide to make a bid. #LCFC in driving seat, though.'

Glad we made the Trippier deal permanent. :thup:

Burnley fans I've spoken to, have been saying all season that they would love to keep Trippier, but doubted we could get him.

Almost a younger like for like replacement to Tyrone Mears, more than good enough going forward and decent defensively.. with plenty of time to improve.

Glad we made the Trippier deal permanent. :thup:

Burnley fans I've spoken to, have been saying all season that they would love to keep Trippier, but doubted we could get him.

Almost a younger like for like replacement to Tyrone Mears, more than good enough going forward and decent defensively.. with plenty of time to improve.

I never really understood why people didn't think we'd be able to sign Trippier, unless City were supposed to be asking for a huge transfer fee, which seems unlikely. He seems happy enough at Burnley, and it's not like he was running the risk of breaking into City's first team any time soon.

I never really understood why people didn't think we'd be able to sign Trippier, unless City were supposed to be asking for a huge transfer fee, which seems unlikely. He seems happy enough at Burnley, and it's not like he was running the risk of breaking into City's first team any time soon.

I didn't think we'd be able to get him, because I assumed he would want to play a higher level than the Championship.

Not because I thought he would get into the ££Man City££ team...

He must have something about him to come up throught the City Youth Set Up, so spend a couple of seasons out on loan in the Championship to develop furteher and then maybe go on loan to a Premier League side... like Nedum Onuoha to Sunderland etc.

So I am chuffed we managed to sign him on permanently.

yh, thats a good p[rice, did he have a long contract at city? would be interesting to see if we could get cunningham off them

Not sure, just been trying to find out. I think he had about 2/3 years at Man City, but that's just a guess so I could be wrong.

I did find out abit more about the transfer deal on a Man City forum.. 400k plus add ons apparently.

I'm quite surprised to be honest, I thought they might loan him out until the end of this season and then bring him back next season. Always seemed to look very comfortably on the ball and still relatively young.

Good luck to him.

------------------------------------------

bluebannana wrote:

'wish he was given a chance would have been a great player for us'

Ahead of Micah and Zabs ?

Give over man.

----------------------------------------------------------

lovecity wrote:

'Stu Brennan says we only got £400,000 for him! He is definitely worth more than that, hopefully there are addons included.'

400,000 + 250,000 if Burnley are promoted within 3 seasons and 20% sell on

--------------------------------------------------------

Not a brilliant deal.Definitely a future prem player.

Maybe we will now look at Nathaniel Clyne...?

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=243800&sid=18dd0bcf730861a31bca946ec448a6a5&start=20

sounds like this forest leicester game has been a right game of two halves, we bossed the first half, but were battered most of the second half, lucky that beckford, dyer, gallagher etc cant finish, think campy only had to make a couple of saves :D

sounds like this forest leicester game has been a right game of two halves, we bossed the first half, but were battered most of the second half, lucky that beckford, dyer, gallagher etc cant finish, think campy only had to make a couple of saves :D

Sounds like Matt Mills was a very lucky boy not to be sent off yet again for an elbow on Dexter Blackstock as well.

Sounds like Matt Mills was a very lucky boy not to be sent off yet again for an elbow on Dexter Blackstock as well.

yeah, will be interesting to see it, but they said he just jumped in to him elbow first, but then again the ref sounded dire all game ( AGAIN :mad: ) think in the last 5 games, the ref has been appalling.

We've only managed 3 first half goals at home all season (1 away). McSheffrey has scored all 3 of his goals in the first half at home, only player in our team who can score at the Jewson end it seems. :D

Also that Polish chap really is a terrible keeper, clearly wasn't just a one off against Blackpool. Could see the entire defence had no faith in him and it really lead to a very nervy first half display from Southampton, luckily for them we had O'Donovan (back from injury :() and McSheffrey up front. If Jukebox was fit we'd probably have won that :(

also leicester fans, what happened to schlupp? the commentary made it seem like an innocuous challenge but greening seemed concerned about the player and schlupp had to be stretchered off :/

Archived