The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

Great move by NP with that inexperienced team selection. The gamble paid off, hopefully it will ruffle a few of the feathers of the underperforming players too to make them realise their not undroppable.

Also interesting that Kennedy got MotM (albeit according to Stringer/Young). I thought Kennedy would be one of the first out of the door this transfer window. Maybe not :D

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also interesting that Kennedy got MotM (albeit according to Stringer/Young). I thought Kennedy would be one of the first out of the door this transfer window. Maybe not :D

The mentioned how well he played on the 5Live commentary too.

who was the ref g-man? oh i've looked, haywood. i don't remember him being particularly poor before

Easily the worst ref I've seen this season. Was really really terrible.

I mean once he indicated we had a free-kick and so everyone set up for our free-kick then he had a massive go at our players and told them it wasn't our free-kick. Another time he indicated a drop ball for a few minutes but both teams players just kept arguing with him and in the end we took the ball off him and just took a throw in (which he did nothing about). It was clear throughout the game he had no respect from the players at all.

Jukebox picked up a back injury early on today yet we're still playing him despite the fact he is struggling. :mad: He's our only fit senior striker atm as well :(

Problem with being top is the only way is down

Well that isn't right unless you are top of the Premier League. Top of the Championship (or 21st in England) can maintain being top and get promoted, or slide down the league...(which hasn't actually happened yet as Saints are still 1st and transfer window has just opened- thankfully! :D).

Well that isn't right unless you are top of the Premier League. Top of the Championship (or 21st in England) can maintain being top and get promoted, or slide down the league...(which hasn't actually happened yet as Saints are still 1st and window has just opened)

Well shut it, its cold out there.

3 win in a row for Derby now - all against teams in the top 6 :).

Weirdly glad that Forest have actually won aswell - the last thing I want is for us to play them at the end of the month if they're on a monstrous losing/not-scoring streak :D

burnley :D

oh dear they really can't like us now, everytime we snatch late wins against them

My Burnley supporting friends are complaining about the amount of added time, their sending off and Clayton not being sent off. Thoughts?

Injury time heartbreak :(

Wasn't really expecting us to come away from Elland Road with any points, tbh, but to lose like that is just heartbreaking.

Guess who banged a few quid on Leeds at 12/1 just before they scored their second.

First goal was certainly a handball by Joe Mason, he should then have passed before falling over, before finishing nicely :D

Then, the second was a wonderful Whittingham corner, which was probably going in, the keeper was awful, and Gunnarsson (5'9) slammed it easily from a couple of yards into the top of the net, bang.

Third was a marvellous pass by again Whittingham to Miller who slotted nicely in the bottom corner.

Some of the movement was fantastic and Malky's fitness regimes etc obviously helped, Whittingham played a beautiful little chip that played Joe Ralls in but he messed up his shot badly, yet he had an amazing game, so cool and calm, same with Mason. Miller could have scored another, Gestede came very close near the end, a rout pretty much, delighted at how we kept Kebe and Mcanuff quiet on the whole.

Disappointing result today.

Also NP can gtfo. £1mill was the offer for Stewart, Barmby's said he won't be going anywhere, especially for that price. Few other things also confirmed today by Adam Pearson:

- No enquiries for Chester or Koren

- Allam's say money to be spent

- 3 keeper's on the shortlist, one being Steve Harper. No interest in De Vries

- After a striker, but want a flexible deal...possible loan then buy (Talk of Josh King from Utd)

- Looking for defensive cover

- Made an enquiry for Adam Hammill

- Tried "very hard" in the summer to sign Jamie Ward

- Barmby not interested in spending a lot of money

Maybe Saints should deliberately play for a draw against Coventry on Saturday in the FA Cup and get a replay, that way he wouldn't miss the Leicester game. ;)

Least you'll have some forwards to play on Saturday. O'Donovan, Platt, McDonald and Jukebox are all injured meaning we have no fit strikers now fgs :D

Archived