AI Experiment - what would happen if?

When I started reading this it was one page 20 and I've been following it eagerly since. I'm sad that the experiment has finished but can't wait for the FM09 experiment.

Kipfizh, your commitment has been incredible. Keep up the good work! :)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just clicked on the number of views to bring up the "Who's Posted?" window for this thread, makes pretty impressive reading and I encourage Kip to do the same (if you haven't already). It really shows what a quality thread this is and how many people have been following along the way.

Blimey I've just looked at the replies bit, and madly i'm in the top 6 for replies to this thread. I feel like a Bandits mega fan :D

Great stuff Kipfizh. I can appreciate how time consuming doing this must have been, especially with so much detail, so it's great commitment. Just don't ever try and work out how much of your time it must have taken in total...sure it's worth it given how popular this has been though.

Really interesting how the whole thing began as an experiment regarding the original players and morphed into a story about the club's fortunes, or rather lack of them. Shame that it ultimately seemed to expose some flaws in the AI you were testing. Has been terrific :thup:

An excellent way to end a thread that I was lucky enough to discover in the first week that it was started. That may explain why I'm third in the number of replies :confused:

I'd just like to reiterate the praise that's already been given, this has been an amazing journey and it's success has been as much down to the way it was written as the idea itself. So thank you for helping me kill time at work when there hasn't been much happening.

It's the end of an era.

An excellent way to end a thread that I was lucky enough to discover in the first week that it was started. That may explain why I'm third in the number of replies :confused:

How do you view a threads number of replies and who has what post count?

Kip, you are indeed a legend of Football Manager! This is easily the greatest thing on the internet and I am sad to see The Bandits go, without any sort of FA Cup or Premiership trophy. Here's hoping that in the 09 version, we'll see The Bandits dominate English Football!

This has been a constant source of enjoyment for me over these past years, and I want to thank you for bringing it to the internet!

"The Bandits are dead, long live the Bandits!"

I just want to add my appreciation to your efforts that inspired me to do my own AI experiment and challenge. This was a fantastic thread which was evidently enjoyed by many and of which the creator should be rightly proud. Your efforts, detail, and continuous quality made this thread what it is, one of the very best.

Blimey I've just looked at the replies bit, and madly i'm in the top 6 for replies to this thread. I feel like a Bandits mega fan :D

And I'm in the top 10... that was a surprise. I thought there were more active people here.

But... 1200 posts by Kip... awesome. Superb effort over the years.

I knew it would catch on!

Shame you weren't the first...

"The Bandits are dead, Long Live the Bandits", was the cry from the nation as it mourned the passing of an AI experiment that served us well for nearly three quarters of a century of the FM07 Bandits playing life.

That apart, the nation looks forward with renewed vigour at a new experiment using the potentially more intelligent AI that dominates the FM09 Bandits world; together with the rise of a new group of (anti-?)heroes called 'The Sheriffs', this new experiment promises to be all that the previous one was and possibly a whole lot more...

It remains to be seen whether the new Bandits will ever emerge from the shadow of such luminaries as Omari-Kinch, Morley and Gamble - all previous legends from the Bandits we all knew and loved, or whether their exploits will be cast into insignificance by the new Bandits or (and there are some who have already moved camps) the new 'Sheriffs' in town.

I for one have enjoyed the ups and (mainly) downs that the previous experiment provided us with and here's hoping to a long and (hopefully) more successful new experiment.

I look forward to once again casting my eyes down the list of threads with anticipation, to see the words -

Last Post by Kipfizh

Once again the nation cries - 'The Bandits are Dead, Long Live the Bandits.'

Wazz

Sorry

Well done Kip on a brilliant thread. This has been absolutely epic, almost on a par with Lord of the Rings, and miles better than anything JK Rowling has written, you deserve to be a multi-millionaire more than her!

Looking forward to the next experiment.

Oh, hamburgers. Sorry for stealing intellectual copyright. I guess in a thread with ten million posts in it it's easy to miss such things.

lol, yes I suppose your right (put's his self-righteous hat away).

But still we are united as one in our mourning of the Bandits, are we not?

Agreed 100%

wazz

Whoa, Kipfizh you are extreme. I would like to see how a national team of prima-donna genuises fairs. It would also be interesting to see how their individual club careers progress, out of the control of their national coach.

Experiment for FM 2009?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived