Yep, lets talk about the FM2011 DEMO RELEASE!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having got that out of the way....

We don't know when the demo is coming yet.

But when we do know, we promise to post it here.

In the meantime, please don't ask - the honest answer is, when it's ready, it'll be announced, and released. Every time someone asks, a tester shuffles off this mortal coil. Testers are rare, precious creatures, and we should all do all we can to love, respect and cherish them. Please, people, think of the testers!

Testers are really precious creatures... thinking of asking one for Christmas....

I have direct connections to SEGA here in Japan, and I can tell that the main reason that the game haven't gone gold and a demo cant be released yet, is that they are waiting for all of the QA testers to get extincted.

As everyone knows after unicorns and QA testers comes whales and dolphins. F**K you whales, F**K you dolphins!

It wont be out tomorrow. Tomorrows blog is match preparation and it's still too early, even if SEGA confirmed the release candidate was fine. Weekend at the earliest, even that is doubtful. It'll probably be out sometime later next week or next weeks weekend if its delayed a little.

where do you read about the release candidate?

As with every year, the waiting seems endless.

Why is it so hard to just come out and say, if all goes as planned, the demo wil be released on _________?

Why is that so hard to do?

The people in the know MUST know when the demo is planned for release, providing everything goes well.

I assume that, as usual, the closest clue we get to a date is the typical..."usually two weeks before release" sentence.

If that's the case, then it's the 22nd of October for the demo.

If it's not, why not just say when? What's the big deal? The game will be out on the 5th of November...so...

I don't mean to sound like a kid but I hate not having a date, or even a POSSIBLE date that's come from SI because I like to PLAN.

Why is it so hard to just come out and say, if all goes as planned, the demo wil be released on _________?

The people in the know MUST know when the demo is planned for release, providing everything goes well.

I assume that, as usual, the closest clue we get to a date is the typical..."usually two weeks before release" sentence.

If it's not, why not just say when? What's the big deal? The game will be out on the 5th of November...so...

I don't mean to sound like a kid but I hate not having a date, or even a POSSIBLE date that's come from SI because I like to PLAN.

Because if they miss that date then there would be an uproar. Trust me, this place would go bananas. Just be patient and don't expect anything.

Because the amount of children on here that would throw a hissy fit if they didnt meet the date would be sky high.

We all know there will be a demo before release, whats so hard about waiting till it arrives?

Thats the thing though tlm - every year - or certainly last year and this the demo is scheduled for around two weeks before the release of FM. So like this year rather than saying the 22nd - they are keeping it open as I feel this year and like last year we may get it a couple of days earlier say on the Wednesday for example. SI are just covering their back and don't want to give a date as right now they may be 95% sure but there may be 5% doubt. So rather than give a date and then for the demo so be released a few days early - they won't give an exact date - so they can just release it if and when. SI could easliy have a date of the 22nd and stick to it - but I feel they are not doing that for our own best interests as they will be working as hard as possible to get in the best possible shape - and in doing so we will benefit as for me we will get it a couple of days before the 22nd.

They don't even have to give us a demo. Just be grateful we get anything at all. As pointed out by Wonky and jimbo22, if they announce a date and then miss it this place would explode.

Its already full of ungrateful oiks, it would just get a million times worse.

They won't be having it in future unless they change their tune as regards the demo in the fairly immediate future.

they thought that you give to them the demo, not the preview code. and they think that are in possession of the demo.

There are many rumors that the demo will come out ', we hope, but

nowhere, it was said that the demo will be released soon.

has been published that clearly do not know when it comes out.

Please pay more attention.

www.fmlive.it

you have said that you have a preview of the demo, when you have got a previewcode. and you have said that the demo will be release before the end of the week

20adkhy.png

there is written:

The Admin have an agreement with SEGA: we've already got the DEMO from 7th october. demo will be available here from the end of this week.

Heh - my lack of Italian language doesn't help. However - I had numerous messages claiming that the site would be posting it - yesterday and today.

I assume this is a problem with the terms used - Nikeddy has access to the preview code, rather than the demo.

Nikeddy - Good news if you're not saying that, much appreciated, and sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion. It would be helpful if you could make clear what you do have, and that you don't have the DEMO - as no-one has that yet!

.... exactly ... but the week is not over ... Furthermore, the date was taken from the web and if you want further proof enough that you're looking for on wikipedia ...

ah - you are an affiliated and you watch FOOTBALL MANAGER NEWS ON WIKIPEDIA? great...

italian's wiki has changed in the last 2 days 3 times the demo's release date, watch now:

fvy9nl.png

2nd nov

.... exactly ... but the week is not over ... Furthermore, the date was taken from the web and if you want further proof enough that you're looking for on wikipedia ...

Hmmmm.

The demo won't be here this week. And Wikipedia is not the official source for news on when it will be provided - we are. Anyone can edit wikipedia.

Appreciate that there's very high excitement about it - but lets try and make sure we only share and spread facts.

Thanks.

Hmmmm.

The demo won't be here this week. And Wikipedia is not the official source for news on when it will be provided - we are. Anyone can edit wikipedia.

Appreciate that there's very high excitement about it - but lets try and make sure we only share and spread facts.

Thanks.

There you go folks, we can all stand down now and find something else to do!

mmmm 3 weeks to release .....so i ask, whats the point on using up space and downloading the demo 1-2weeks until the main release ? i downloaded the demo for FM 08,09 and 10 and it was a waste of space..........i buy FM cause its the greats football manager game in the world. and i dont need a demo to sell it to me for the 6 time

Hmmmm.

Thanks.

It was not that hard was it Matt!! :p I have been saying it won't be released this week or untill the blogs have finished - but at least it is official now.

Hi

How come we have seen people on other forums actually talk us through a game! I think one was Middlesborough the other Italy and yet another with a list of super younsters in the game!

I stopped reading when I realised that it was spoiling the anticipation for me re the new additions to the game. In fact, the Middlesborough example went through nearly every screen with quite detailed comments. Surely that cannot be right if people are actually playing the game now or am i missing something. It's all very well saying the demo will not be realised until 2weeks or so befiore full release but it appears to be going the rounds with certain people at the moment.

Any one shed any light on this?

Sorry if this has been covered but cannot see any comment.

K

Fansites have the preview code, it isn't a full, finished version of the game but it allows them to p/review the game before it's release.

Preview is the full version of the game but not the finished product therefore preview version.

When the game goes gold they will send out an review version of the game. The review code is the full final product. After that they will make the demo and release it 2-3 day after the game gone gold.

the demo release date has been confirmed

but you wont be told atall, because can you imagine if they gave the exact date and time? the whole site would crash with all you eager people!

T-minus 40 minutes I hope!

Im sure the demo will be available to download via torrent like last year which should ease things.

There are many rumors that the demo will come out ', we hope, but

nowhere, it was said that the demo will be released soon.

has been published that clearly do not know when it comes out.

Please pay more attention.

www.fmlive.it

you have said that you have a preview of the demo, when you have got a previewcode. and you have said that the demo will be release before the end of the week

20adkhy.png

there is written:

The Admin have an agreement with SEGA: we've already got the DEMO from 7th october. demo will be available here from the end of this week.

lol.... epic fail!!!

well in fact, who cares about the demo release date ?? Tonight, next monday, in one week, I dont' bother.

The only thing I am interested in is if FM 2011 is gonna be a great game and I am pretty sure it will.

Archived