Yep, lets talk about the FM2011 DEMO RELEASE!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is so crual cant they release it now it must be ready even miles said it would be about 2 weeks before the release date which makes it the 20/10/10, I just can not wait another 5 days thats all.

you need a new calendar. 2 weeks before release is the 22nd.

• SI Staff
This is so crual cant they release it now it must be ready even miles said it would be about 2 weeks before the release date which makes it the 20/10/10, I just can not wait another 5 days thats all.

It's not ready now.

From the moment I finished reading Miles' latest blog sign off ''I hope you all have a lovely weekend!'' i've been convinced the demo will be out this weekend, and since many have said not this week, i'm guessing Sunday, the true (old fashioned) start day of a new week :)

This is not definite information but the demo will probably tie in with the blog schedule. In other words Miles would have made sure he could get all the blogs published before the demo was ready. There are 5 more topics that need to be talked about in the blogs...

From the moment I finished reading Miles' latest blog sign off ''I hope you all have a lovely weekend!'' i've been convinced the demo will be out this weekend, and since many have said not this week, i'm guessing Sunday, the true (old fashioned) start day of a new week :)

I also feel it's imminent. I hope it arrives before I get stuck into Fallout: New Vegas. :)

• SI Staff
This is not definite information but the demo will probably tie in with the blog schedule. In other words Miles would have made sure he could get all the blogs published before the demo was ready. There are 5 more topics that need to be talked about in the blogs...

5?

I make it 10 topics that still need to be talked about....

Anyone asking (in some cases begging and pleading in a fairly desperate manner!) for a concrete date for the demo release should stop right now. And if you've been on these forums for longer than a year, you should try remembering what has ALWAYS happened, which is that the demo is sprung upon us without any prior warning.

Fair enough, loiter around these parts hoping to be one of the first to see the announcement (why do you think I'm hanging round here so much!), but there is literally NO point asking people for a release date, cos you just won't get one.

It'll be out when it's out; in the meantime everyone will just have to get on with their lives...

Well, I think the demo will be available on next Friday.. there will be another week of blogs and then we will be left on the weekend without blogs but with a demo to get addicted to.. on Monday Miles will start some more blogs if it is necessary, but not too many anyway.. the week after the demo is released will be concentrated more on people's ffedback about the game rather than more blogs..

- Social me

- Live contracts negotiations

- Dynamic League Rep

- Set Piece creator

- Newgen generation revamp

Another 3 according to my mate at SI:

- All new "win game" button

- A special Arsenal edition of the game that comes with an audiobook containing selected works of William Shakespeare read by Martin Keown

- Mexican annoncer who screams "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL" every time you score

Still puzzled as to what the other 2 may be. Might be Miles' "favourite feature" or whatever that was.

- A special Arsenal edition of the game that comes with an audiobook containing selected works of William Shakespeare read by Martin Keown

Still puzzled as to what the other 2 may be. Might be Miles' "favourite feature" or whatever that was.

Classic, love it! lol

Social Me is Miles favourite feature. Or is it? I've heard that you can now use your salary to buy bananas. This links in with the new "Manager Room" on the Football Manager website as it's a banana leaderboard. Just a rumour though. :(

Not getting a free bowl of vanilla or strawberry ice cream with which ever demo version you choose is disappointing, but life goes on.

Miles said not all would use the social me feature or love it, but some of us will make full use of it and use it a lot. Anyway, there's a whole load of other new features in the game which easily make up for your disappointment.

This is a great and funny thread to read! :D

I´ve never seen such "fuss" regarding a release of a demo like in Football Manager! Everybody's going nuts about the release date!

I would really like to hear from Miles or Matt about what they feel when reading a thread like this...

Anyway, for me the Demo has only one use... start working on the new tactics for the game. As the large majority of the FM fans, i dont need a demo to be convinced to buy the game!

And from what i see from the released pics, videos and blogs... once again this year game will be far better then last year game... making FM 2011... the best ever! :D

Keep up the excellent work!

In the quickstarts that come with the demo, can you change preferences? I don't remember from previous editions.

I've only just looked at the blogs, and some of the new graphic effects seem great, but I'm not sure if my laptop will be up to it - so it'd be nice to play around with the display preferences to find out.

Oh! hello XD XD XD

fm2011demo.jpg

Hey, that's the picture I made in Photoshop, and you cropped the last part :p

Something someone has probably made themselves. It is using the wrong FM 2011 logo for a start.

Yes, I know it's using the wrong logo, but I can make another one with the proper logo I think ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

update: if you check the original source of the picture, you can see the alternate logo on it now :)

• SI Staff
I've only just looked at the blogs, and some of the new graphic effects seem great, but I'm not sure if my laptop will be up to it - so it'd be nice to play around with the display preferences to find out

Yeah you should be able to change your display preferences. I've been playing on a crappy below spec Macbook with no problems.

Archived