Thomas Muller young player of the tournament

virtanen

How amazing, a year ago he was playing at third level of Bundesliga, but now he would be the young player of WC, cornerstone of Germany football team in the next decade. We willl be seeing him along with Ozil for a while. But if Toni Kroos were to make his WC debut, it would be even better.

How amazing, a year ago he was playing at third level of Bundesliga, but now he would be the young player of WC, cornerstone of Germany football team in the next decade. We willl be seeing him along with Ozil for a while. But if Toni Kroos were to make his WC debut, it would be even better.

Dont see what the fuss is with this Kroos fella, and he made his WC debut against Ghana, came on for 10mins

It's Müller or Mueller, not Muller, and Özil or Oezil, not Ozil.

There is no third Bundesliga level, only the first two leagues are called 1.Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga. The third league is managed by the DFB (German FA), like the rest of the league structure.

It's Müller or Mueller, not Muller, and Özil or Oezil, not Ozil.

There is no third Bundesliga level, only the first two leagues are called 1.Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga. The third league is managed by the DFB (German FA), like the rest of the league structure.

being english typers for the main part, we dont have ready and immediate access to umlauts, no need to be picky :p

being english typers for the main part, we dont have ready and immediate access to umlauts, no need to be picky :p

That's why I included the options Mueller and Oezil. Muller and Ozil is WRONG, Mueller and Oezil is RIGHT. It's not that hard, is it?

Yes.

Oezil and Mueller sounds incredibly crap

What? Oezil and Mueller are pronounced exactly like Özil and Müller while Ozil and Muller are pronounced completely different.

Ü,Ö and Ä are entirely different letters of the alphabet, they can't be substituted by U,O and A.

What? Oezil and Mueller are pronounced exactly like Özil and Müller while Ozil and Muller are pronounced completely different.

Ü,Ö and Ä are entirely different letters of the alphabet, they can't be substituted by U,O and A.

Okay, Okay.

I meant they look incredibly crap... But tbh I couldn't care less how I say their names... You know who i'm on about

Never really seen what Muller brought to deserve a start at Bayern but I have been really impressed by him as a player, so composed and his decision making is very good for someone so young.

19 goals in his first full season, quite a lot to bring really.

19 goals in his first full season, quite a lot to bring really.

I'm sure that a lot of people (myself included) have only really seen him in the Champions League, where he's had considerably less success (2 goals in 12).

How about you just hold your nose and ignore it since those letters don't even exist in the alphabet of this forum's language? No idea how to type an umlaut on this computer, anyway.

Muller is tremendous. Everyone's seen his attacking technique, but his defensive play against fullbacks has been qg this tournament, too.

How about you just hold your nose and ignore it since those letters don't even exist in the alphabet of this forum's language? No idea how to type an umlaut on this computer, anyway.

How about you read what I'm saying? If an umlaut is not available ü is written as ue, ö as oe and ä as ae, but NOT as u,o and a.

Is that just for Bayern, or does it include his goals at the WC?

League: 34 games 13 goals 11 assists

Cup: 6 games 4 goals 2 assists

CL: 12 games 2 goals 3 assists

World Cup: 5 games 4 goals 3 assists

How about you read what I'm saying? If an umlaut is not available ü is written as ue, ö as oe and ä as ae, but NOT as u,o and a.

Because it's an English-speaking forum, and the u-e and o-e (as in, Goethe) combinations are extremely rare in English and a little bit incomprehensible to native speakers unless they happen to have taken a linguistics class.

At any rate, you have my blessings to murder English in German.

i love how us Brits write off foreign players as complete pish after only a handful of games. There's never any middle ground. "Well, he was ***** in the 3 games i watched so..."

if i never watched any domestic English football and only based my opinions on the WC games i've watched thus far, i'd say that Rooney is a load of *****.

The same holds true for the CL. Especially when the player in question is young and still gaining experience at that level.

Just accept it and move on, being an ignorant *ss when dealing with foreign languages is par for the course for most english speakers tbh.

Furthermore, in the US and Oceania, the most common Anglocization of Müller is to just drop the umlaut.

The fact that people generally is lazy doesn't make them right though.

Archived