Thomas Muller young player of the tournament

virtanen

Just accept it and move on, being an ignorant *ss when dealing with foreign languages is par for the course for most english speakers tbh.

The fact that people generally is lazy doesn't make them right though.

I meant that German immigrants almost always--themselves--switched to Muller from Müller, which makes a lot of sense since ü isn't in the English alphabet and 'ue' doesn't really have a set pronunciation in every day English. For someone so keen to disparage others' treatment of foreign languages, you certainly aren't on top of the nuances of what I was saying. So fo?

Nope. Even easier. Muller's movement etc was present whereas Higuain was just there at the right time

So for one player its good movement and another they just happen to be there at the right time?:D

I would say so. He's been fantastic all season for Bayern and was overlooked by many people coming into the World Cup but has really been a 'poster' for the new Germany. A super World Cup to finish off a fantastic season. Lets hope Madrid don't come in for him to soon and he can further develop at Bayern.

splendifornia a complete idiot or what? hilarious to see people argue against dermef as if he's being a knob :D

dermef obviously offering an "english" spelling (mueller / oezil) for those of us who can't type (without too much effort anyway) their germanic spelling. not really being pedantic wanting their names being spelt right is it? wouldn't you be annoyed if some morons kept calling your favourite players runey or lamperd or whatever? (definitely need to remember to spell rooney as runey from now on as that's class)

Ghahaha :D

The language mongery here. 'you're better at football but at least your language is crap! We'll pronounce/write it wrong just to spite you'

e-tards :D

Might as well write off the careers of Linekar and Owen, for just being there at the right time!

I don't think anybody is saying that we should write off their careers, nor are they saying we should write off Higuain's career.

What they're doing is comparing the two players overall contributions in this World Cup as a whole and are saying that Higuain hasn't done as much as Mueller.

Higuain HAS largely been anonymous in this World Cup, as has Messi. of the three main strikers for Argentina, Tevez has been far more potent at every turn. He's the only one who's looked lethal in every single game and almost every time he's had the ball in the attacking third of the field.

I don't think anybody is saying that we should write off their careers, nor are they saying we should write off Higuain's career.

What they're doing is comparing the two players overall contributions in this World Cup as a whole and are saying that Higuain hasn't done as much as Mueller.

Higuain HAS largely been anonymous in this World Cup, as has Messi. of the three main strikers for Argentina, Tevez has been far more potent at every turn. He's the only one who's looked lethal in every single game and almost every time he's had the ball in the attacking third of the field.

Ay a fair point, my fault for just skimming the thread really.

Don't get the Suarez love, he has been good but not as good as I expected. Take away his goal against South Korea you have some good but not special displays. Is also a diving/overreacting knob.

Would love to have him at Chelsea though, despite his play acting - will fit in with Drogba up front perfectly

Honda > Muller

Higuain > Muller

Ozil > Muller

Suarez > Muller

Will just keep updating this list when I remember other names.

haha!

where is higuain now? oh he got thrashed

where is suarez now? oh great handball on the line :)

So a game where someone gets no service and an incident where a player made a heroic save to keep his team in the competition make them worse players than Muller?

I guess the FIFA takes such things into account, as the award-winners should also be role-models. So no chance for Suarez there imo.

splendifornia a complete idiot or what? hilarious to see people argue against dermef as if he's being a knob :D

dermef obviously offering an "english" spelling (mueller / oezil) for those of us who can't type (without too much effort anyway) their germanic spelling. not really being pedantic wanting their names being spelt right is it? wouldn't you be annoyed if some morons kept calling your favourite players runey or lamperd or whatever? (definitely need to remember to spell rooney as runey from now on as that's class)

Does your mouth get too dry from breathing?

Higuain is non-existent, period. A poacher, but when he has to actually play instead of score, he doesn't. Crespo MKII. I DO NOT RATE HIM. That said, 3 of his goals were sitters, but the one v Mexico, frankly, 5 times out of 10 many many strikers wouldn't manage to score.

Palermo on the other hand... :cool:

Villa or Schweinsteiger should get the Golden Ball.

Mueller or Oezil should get Young Player.

Müller should (born 13 September 1989), Özil shouldn't (born 15 October 1988)

The Young Player Award is only available for players born after 1 January 1989

Higuain on form is one of the deadliest strikers in Europe. He scored all sorts of goals for Madrid last season, so I'm not sure how people are calling hm just a poacher?

Anyway, Muller is a very efficient player. The sort of player who doesnt particularly excel at anything but always seems to get the job done.

Archived