Gigantic talent (regen) - pun intended.

Fine then, do not believe me. :rolleyes:

What a fine community we have here. :thdn:

I just hope SI can comment on the height/talent of this player because of playing the game for over a decade, this is the first time I have seen anything like this.

Maybe it has something to do with regens appearing right at the loading of a game. (ie not a regen that comes through later in seasons.)

Definitely edited or bugged, I'll tell you why...

If you're seeing the 'rocket shots' that others don't score it's because some of his attributed - specifically those related to his positions - have been set over 20. SI have said before that if this happens the plater becomes 'suped up' and you'll notice crazy goals from the half way line etc.

So a combination here of editing and a bug.

Maybe it has something to do with regens appearing right at the loading of a game. (ie not a regen that comes through later in seasons.)

That's plausible. In the Brazilian quickstart, there is a great regen player who everybody thought must have been slipped in by the researchers.

I have not edited anything, even though this is a shared game with my nephew. I do not see why he would have edited a player NOT in his team.

Not since CM97/98 have I had a player of such calibre. (back then regens WERE regens!)

I have noticed this player score a few goals from the half way line with unstoppable rocket shots, which might make me believe he's probably bugged, but nothing edited on my side as far as I know.

As I said, only noticed him when he scored goals against me - he was not even in my team. He is a regen that appeared as soon as the game was loaded up.

FMRTE is not even installed on this pc. :) Currently running 10.3.0 patch using STEAM.

I do not see the point of making a thread about an edited player, im an old man - do not see the point in such childish endeavours...:rolleyes:

If you have seen this, he IS edited. No questions about it. The game doesn't produce players like that. Unlike an editor, it deals with values within the 1-20 range, or whatever range it uses behind the scenes. This can therefore only happen with edited players. So either you have done it, your nephew, or somebody else.

I remember there was a big debacle about this some months back, the bloke sent his save to SI, and they confirmed some values were above 20 (think it was position, but not sure on that). This sounds like much of the same.

Furthermore, players simply aren't generated with such enormous ability. That guy is a world beater already, and youths simply aren't generated like that. I have seen a couple of very impressive youths, but that guy is heads and shoulders above them (sorry for the pun :D)

omg JUMPING IS NOT BASED ON HEIGHT!!! WHEN SOMEONE HAS A 39 INCH JUMP IT IS HOW HOW HE REACHES WITH HIS ARM OUTSTRECHED AND THEN AT THE PEAK OF HIS JUMP

would a flea have 1 jumping just cause there tiny?? boneheads

omg JUMPING IS NOT BASED ON HEIGHT!!! WHEN SOMEONE HAS A 39 INCH JUMP IT IS HOW HOW HE REACHES WITH HIS ARM OUTSTRECHED AND THEN AT THE PEAK OF HIS JUMP

In FM, the Jumping attribute marks the total height off the ground a player can reach with his head when he jumps. So, a taller player will find it easier to have a higher jumping attribute.

In FM, the Jumping attribute marks the total height off the ground a player can reach with his head when he jumps. So, a taller player will find it easier to have a higher jumping attribute.

Absolutely correct. It has been said by SI too.

You can think of Jumping attribute as indicating which player can reach the higher ball.

Random Example- made up numbers.;

Timmy Cahill is a foot shorter than Peter Crouch but can jump (as in physically) a foot higher than Peter Crouch. They thus can reach teh same height ball equally. Thus their Jump Attribute (not the physical sense) would be the same as their heads can reach a certain height equally.

Perhaps the Jump Attribute is misnamed - maybe 'Reach' or something .

Regarding this player - Seems likely to be edited or bugged.

A look at the hidden attributes would be good in confirming if its legit.

The jumping attribute doesn't really stand out as strange to be honest. However, what does stand out is the agility of 19, plus the technical stats for a player who is 6 ft. 11 in. That's pretty amazing considering the level of coordination and athleticism required to have high attributes in these areas for a player of such proportions. In real life, such a player would be just incredibly hard to find. It's like taking Messi and making him taller than Crouch/Zigic, while not loosing any of his strengths.

so your saying that a 39 inch jump is from the ground to the top of his outstretched hand? and all that distance would only be 39 inches?

when people are saying its because hes got a stat over 20 how has this been done? even in the editor it wont let you go over 20, or do they mean using fmrte? And which stat in particular?

If you have seen this, he IS edited. No questions about it. The game doesn't produce players like that. Unlike an editor, it deals with values within the 1-20 range, or whatever range it uses behind the scenes. This can therefore only happen with edited players. So either you have done it, your nephew, or somebody else.

I remember there was a big debacle about this some months back, the bloke sent his save to SI, and they confirmed some values were above 20 (think it was position, but not sure on that). This sounds like much of the same.

Furthermore, players simply aren't generated with such enormous ability. That guy is a world beater already, and youths simply aren't generated like that. I have seen a couple of very impressive youths, but that guy is heads and shoulders above them (sorry for the pun :D)

As stated, I too have never seen a player of this quality, in 13-14 years of gaming (FM/CM).

With regards to his long range goals; it happened about two or three times all season - but they were both just inside the opposition half when they happened - quite amazing goals and they were very powerful shots too.

Everyone here is adamant they didnt change anything, so much so - it started an argument (mainly me yelling at the youngins for cheating/lying about cheating etc :D ) and subsequently we have started a new game. :rolleyes:

With the debacle you mentioned, where the values were over 20, did SI say that this was a rare bug or was the guy accused of cheating by SI?

It is quite sad that something like this happens, which originally makes one feel excited that a real gem has been produced, then to have it shot down as either a bug or cheating.

It's days like these that make me just want to play FM on a laptop, with a game password and carry it with me at all times. When I play on my own - I never see anything amazing. So makes me wonder. :mad:

As stated, I too have never seen a player of this quality, in 13-14 years of gaming (FM/CM).

With regards to his long range goals; it happened about two or three times all season - but they were both just inside the opposition half when they happened - quite amazing goals and they were very powerful shots too.

Everyone here is adamant they didnt change anything, so much so - it started an argument (mainly me yelling at the youngins for cheating/lying about cheating etc :D ) and subsequently we have started a new game. :rolleyes:

With the debacle you mentioned, where the values were over 20, did SI say that this was a rare bug or was the guy accused of cheating by SI?

It is quite sad that something like this happens, which originally makes one feel excited that a real gem has been produced, then to have it shot down as either a bug or cheating.

It's days like these that make me just want to play FM on a laptop, with a game password and carry it with me at all times. When I play on my own - I never see anything amazing. So makes me wonder. :mad:

We're only shooting it down as a bug/cheating because it is a bug/cheating. As I said earlier, it's actually impossible for regens to get that tall, so explain to me how yours got to be 5 inches taller than the maximum regen height?

Before you accuse someone of being a "bonehead", maybe you should check that you are right :rolleyes:

Unless a flea can jump about 7'5 or whatever in the air, then yes, they'd have 1 for jumping.

We're only shooting it down as a bug/cheating because it is a bug/cheating. As I said earlier, it's actually impossible for regens to get that tall, so explain to me how yours got to be 5 inches taller than the maximum regen height?

Why would I bother asking how, if I knew. :rolleyes: As stated, I am leaning toward this being a pretty strange bug.

Nice to see you have started a new game. Hopefully the cheater(s) won't do it again.

I am absolutely certain something 'funny' has gone on here, as players like that simply don't exist in the game as legitimate regens. To the best of my knowledge the game will not be able to create players with values outside the range the game sets. Quite natural tbh. So for a player to produce shots like that, height like that, and that absurdly good quality, somebody have been fiddling with something they shouldn't.

I don't think SI accused him of cheating, but it was fairly obvious cheating had occurred. The savegame was put up on some filesite, I downloaded it and watched some matches. The guy could nod the ball on in midfield, and it powered into goal like a laser-guided rocket. It was so fast you couldn't follow the ball with your eyes with normal speed - and we all know how slow that looks.

No I'm fairly sure they don't remain constant.

I take screenshots of my players at the end of each season to use in my update thread. Just checked one of the players. At 17 he was 172 cm and 65 kg. At 19 he was 174 cm and 71 kg. So it can change over time.

No, their height and weight always remains constant. The only thing they may change from time to time is their haircut.

Haircuts change depending on the players morale, they have two maybe three styles to pick from.

I feel bad about the guy who posted this thread. Ive sene him post loads before, doesnt seem like the lying type.

I genuinely believe this is a real regen, ive seen unusually good ones before (he is particularly impressive). And people ranting onabout the jumping/height thing, there was a thread created about that a while bakc which clears it up. Ive seen a 16 yera old regen wiht better technical attribytes.

I did once hear about a bug where regens created in first season were unusually good, this is when you have "add key staff" ticked. so perhaps that happened here. But i believe hes a real regen.

Hope you can keep hold of him!

I am leaning toward this being a pretty strange bug.

I had something similar happen when I continued a save after updating from 10.2 to 10.3.

I noticed that Aberdeen's 'bog standard' Italian centre back Davide Grassi had just been transferred to At. Madrid for £40m so I went and had a look at him and found that for some reason the game had decided to all but max out his stats and make him the best player in the world (PA/CA 200/200 and mostly 20's).

I had several other issues like all prior records and transfers being wiped so I just started a new save.

Best post ever:D

Archived