Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I would love to have a feature where you can invest in youth academies outside the country where you are manager. And when you gets new youth players every season, some of them are from those academies which you have invested in. It would be fun if we can buy coaches and put them in the academies too.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what I really like to do is make myself as a player. only... whenever I change clubs as a manager, I need to user a trainer of some kind to transfer the player as well. thus what I really would like to see is: PLAYING MANAGERS. //pause for applaud.

One thing that I believe is missing is a reason for a player wanting a move away. Currently I haven´t seen a player who wants to move clubs because he thinks the league he plays in isn´t big enough. I mean he could switch from one club to another club because it is bigger, but how about a player wanting a move away from let´s say Borussia Dortmund to either Spain or England (eg. (could be away from any league with 3rd or 4th place reputation or lower) because he wants to player in one of the biggest leagues.

Not saying Germany is a poor league, it´s probably better than Italy soon (if not already!).

Hope suggestion it´s understandable..

1. agree. remove it, or make it worth looking at.

2. agree. I feel the game in later years have taken a turn, making you more of a God than a mere football manager. the game is far too detailed in certain areas.

3. it needs fixing, but as you've said - everyone knows it. they're working on it.

4. definitely. the sliders are over the top. it just further enhances my feeling of being more like some kind of God than a mere football manager. a more oral communication method is much preferred. but this is also something they're working on. I just hope the new approaches are far superior of these sliders.

5. agree. the more the merrier. however, licenses cost money. and if money can be saved and invested in more important game engine things - that's to prefer.

6. I'm not following... what? :p

I think it could be really cool having the game provide us with decent stats as a Manager, if done right. At the moment, it's sparse and not comparable to other Manager's profiles.

I concur with your comment on point 4, there's far too much freedom. If managers were so precise with their players on how creative or how direct they should play...then those players must have a pretty tough time matching those exact expectations.

Regarding point 5, I wasn't aware that we were able to download badges and player pictures thus the licenses for the game are fine.

And again, include "Turkish/Cypriot"!...and there should be an option of choosing British rather than English as my second nationality. I'm British but of Turkish/Cypriot ethnic descent, why must I choose English as my second nationality. Union Jack would be more appropriate me thinks?

I think the job advert system for staff need to be overhauled. How about if you could actually make your own job advert by choosing from several menu options.

For example:

* Prefered age, nationality and language skills

* Minimum experience and/or reputation

* Suggested wage limit

* Skill requirements (minimum) and desired skills

Not a bad idea, but there's realism and then verisimilitude. If they're going to change the job advert system, it might as well be done as accurate as possible and frankly I feel that would be a tad redundant. I reckon the job advert system works fine.

I think the job advert system for staff need to be overhauled. How about if you could actually make your own job advert by choosing from several menu options.

For example:

* Prefered age, nationality and language skills

* Minimum experience and/or reputation

* Suggested wage limit

* Skill requirements (minimum) and desired skills

The biggest feature for me would be to continue playing a saved game from the previous release. Ever since short people calling me "Dad" started appearing in my house, I just haven't been able to get through the game much before the next year's shiny model appears.

I realize that the new version may store stats or come with new categories of data that the old version won't have, and things might need to be fudged when converting the save game, but that's better than never getting anywhere in the darn game.

While we're at it, in general, features that help one to play through the game faster would be useful.

Thanks, and especially thanks for making the game available through Steam.

I think you should implement something which allows you to try and persuade players to come to your club

i.e

persuade a player to have 1 more year at your club before retirement

or

persuading a higher reputation player to come to your team as your on the basis you will get promoted or your buuilding a news stadium etc

Please make transfering players as it was in 2009, some players are wanted 5 times more transfer fee as they value. For example, for 2 million dollar camacho, Atletico Madrid asked 10.75 million dollar cash + 30 % next transfer percentage + Joaquin valued at 7.5 million dollars. How can that happen :confused::confused::confused::eek:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43646051@N07/4017687560/sizes/o/

With Goal replays I would like the ability to choose to see the replay from several different angles like when watching the game on Sky. eg- It would be nice if we could choose in the match settings to view replays from Touchline, Main stand & Vertical scrolling and then get to see it from each angle in turn regardless of which angle we are watching the match from.

I am excited for the 30th but it would be nice if:

At the start of the game I wish all real life transfer were scheduled for their actual dates. The actual agreement for the transfer (if before the window) not happening until it actual date in real life.

Having all the new players in all ready on the their new clubs is no fun. My clubs usually make bad signings and part of the fun of playing FM is not making those same mistakes or having the chance to sign someone who thought our club should have went after. But the money is all ready spent and the mistakes already made when you start a new game. Often you either have to wait until the second year or fix it in the editor which is a pain.

Secondly I wish you could customize your profile more. Pick languages spoken and what countries you have knowledge of, create a previous management history so if you want to play a big club you aren't a unknown etc.

I am excited for the 30th but it would be nice if:

At the start of the game I wish all real life transfer were scheduled for their actual dates. The actual agreement for the transfer (if before the window) not happening until it actual date in real life. QUOTE]

Only problem with this is the way it will affect you and the club you are managing. Suppose, irl, your youth team striker is scheduled to leave come July and join so-and-so, but you feel that he could be Englands next #9, and you're powerless to keep hold of him. Would soon generate complaints on here if that was the case.

1) Able to build school/training camps across all continents/regions

2) Manager Interaction at the National Team level (just like there is interaction with opponent manager at the club level)

3) Voice Narration in 3D game mode

4) Mp3 built-in, especially to pick songs for goal celebrations, match opening themes.

5) Backroom staff should also have accomplishments/awards in their profile if they were part of the club with lifted a cup, just like

players and managers. Perhaps, the more achievements they have under their built, would allow them to develop more wonder kids

6) More critique from the media about the performance of National Team managers, and also at high profile clubs (e.g. Real Madrid). Currently, I personally don't see the media pressuring managers in the game for poor performances. It seems that only the players to have poor performance in the game get pressure from the media, but Managers should also receive the heat from the media.

7) The media should also question managers when they call or leave out a player from the national team. And if the manager doesn't obtain the results after calling certain players and leaving others behind, the media should come even with more pressure towards that manager for making the decisions he made.

8) I would like to see a difference in playing tempo between teams just like IRL. In the current FM series, when I increase the pace tempo for my team the other team seems to play at the same pace, so there is no obvious difference of increasing the pace tempo. For instance, in England most clubs play at a very high pace tempo. Others like in Italy, Mexico and South America play at a more moderate pace. Also, if a club seems themselves inferior in the pitch IRL, they play a slower pace, but I don't see this to be the case in FM.

9) Also, it seems that all players in FM run at the same speed. IRL there are players that are very quick that when they sprint, they leave their defenders behind, but in FM a central defender can have a speed rating of 6 with rating of 6 in pace vs. a striker with a speed rating of 18 and pace at 18 and on the pitch during the game they seem to run side by side, this is not real.

10) Also, players with high dribbling skills should be able to leave their opponents behind, especially when the defender slides and missing his tackles, otherwise, what's the purpose of dribbling if there is no advantage to it?

What i would like to see improved would be the transfer negotiations between you and your own players and you and players from other clubs. As they always want a big signing on fee and clauses such as 1st team appearances etc ad when you negotiate with them like offer them less singing on fee and less money for 1st team appearance they always turn you down and want what they want and you just cant negotiate you have to offer what they want. i no football players are greedy but there has to be some reasonable negotiations. Please look into this SI

I know that people are asking for a serious change of the training schedules and that there might be changes (someone wrote that) for FM11. I think it would benefit the player, I mean you and me, if we could get constant feedback on how the players are progressing. Very rarely does the assistant manager come to me and say that a player has shown improvement because of first-team football, or is ready for more first-team action and when I check the reports no one never has anything useful to say.

It has probably been suggested before but it would be nice to hear more often how players are doing. Eg. I want to know when I train an 18-year-old too hard because I hand him too many games and he´s getting tired. I want to know BEFORE his attributes begin to fall. Especially if my coaches are world class. That´s just an example..

Also, to add to the interaction between media, players and managers, it would be nice to be able to praise a player for different things. Not only when playing well or "below-par", but perhaps when signing a new contract, when rejecting a club because of his loyalty, etc, etc.

I want countries to become better and worse over time. Like how Hungary was really good a million years ago but aren't great now. Maybe Mauritius or Thailand become better for whatever reason and start generating better players and get stronger clubs. Or maybe Spain or Brazil become second-tier. This would add a lot of interesting variety to the long-term games.

It would be really useful to be able to sort players by their reputation when you get to the latter stages of a career and there are lots of regens. It's fairly easy to keep an eye on the squads at top teams and know who their stars are, but in Italy and Spain the teams populating positions 3-8 usually have a world class player each in there somewhere. It's no good sorting player search by value because the values are A) inflated by any recent transfer activity and B) apparently not linked to status.

When I've transformed Inverness Caledonian Thistle into an empire with a value of £1.04bn I'd like to be able to just sort through the players in the world to see all the world class ones. :)

MY wish list.

1 When the club is successful and have a lot of money their should be an option for building a new stadium.

example with arsenal you can't improve the stadium even after 15 years the say the local council don't wwant to. so let go and build another stadium.

2 the option to start a football team from scratch or as a manager all that money you got from your salary (if you are in a top team you get get a 20 million after 10 years) you can buy a team in bleu square division

3 have the option to choose a sponsore deal instead to have one decided for you.

4 to have a choice to chose a feeder club that you chose your self where ever you want.

5 They should be a femal football league too [my girlfriend ask me to put this:)]

6 able to interact with a national team manager and tell him off for not pick ing up your player lol!

to be able to build youth Academy in any contry of our choice in stade of buying them from other cub all the time

Also

making sure that the Editor tool works it did for 09.

and once we done with the editor tool to be able to play a contry league of our choice which wasn't on the game at first.

for example the only playable league in Africa is in south Africa what about the other one???

I would like priority in :

- training refund with complete report like the match ( complete different philosophy reaching to "do as you want" like in real with unlimit possibilities to train, including prématch training, youth training, attribute training, collective trainings, long terms training etc... )

- scouting ( real worl scouting, with summary video of the player performance )

- more talks with players outside the pitch ( no media necessary to speak ! )

- "fan blogs" ( many usufull or useless news and talks with polls, etc... )

- improve the press conference ( again and again )

- improve the animations a lot please ( in order to apreciate directly in the match the attribute of a player with closer view even )

- increase the numbers of possibility in the medias ( increase the database of possibilities )

- improve the match analysis ( good start ! )

Apologies if these have been brought up before (and completely dismissed) but I would like to see these two 'features' in a future game:

1. Real time score updates. Something like a scrolling bar, maybe at the bottom of the game, with real time scores from actual matches. I think it would be a brilliant feature. Could possibly make it like the new news subscriptions, you can subscribe to certain teams, leagues etc...

2. A purely cosmetic feature, I would like the ability to see my Managerial Attributes (Coaching and Mental) that you see with the other managers in the game, Narrow the Personal Details section, drop the current 'Mental Attributes' to the blank space below 'Staff Roles' and 'Knowledge' probably need to change the name of the current 'Mental Attributes' though incase people get confused :)

Cheers

Hi all

Couldn't find any where else suitable to post this and didn't think it warranted a new thread however I just wanted to gauge your opinion (fellow FM players) on something I knocked up on Photoshop earlier today.

southamptongame2.jpg

I was just kinda bored and asked myself the question 'if I wanted to play a footy management sim, what would i want it to look like?'

So after some consideration (but no planning!) I just went with the flow and came up with this yes, a few of the stats are wrong and i didn't quite complete the tactics board pitch on the right hand side but you get the idea... hopefully! ....

Anyway, I may make a more 'advanced' version at a later date but first of all i just wanted to hear peoples opinions, good or bad..

Thanks

Ben

Player Preferred Moves Instructions

I think it would be good to have a section with a tick-box beside a player's PPM's, fitted into the match screen section, perhaps beside/under Opposition Instructions, to tell your players which of their PPM's you want them to not use in the next match.

The default for this PPM screen during the match could be that all the players' PPM's are ticked, so those who don't want to mess with this and don't think it's an issue, could just play normally by leaving it alone.

That's the idea. But why? -

If a player has just 1 PPM you don't want him using, it's fine because you could lower his creative freedom and that's it.

But there are many players who have more than 1 PPM. Say tries killer balls and places shots. One day you need him to play as a SC not as an AM, so as his manager you should be able to tell him, right son, today I need you to not look for killer balls, but you can still place your shots if you like, so I'm still giving you creative freedom for that PPM, not for the other one.

There is no ideal workaround for this otherwise at the moment, especially if you take into account that many FM'ers like some of their players to swap positions (2 SC's, 2 Wingers, etc). Meaning that lowering creative freedom for one player would affect the other swapped player too. So the ability to tell specific players (not their positions in your tactics) what you want, before the match, and at half-time, would avoid problems.

The way things are currently, it is not ideal for many situations, such as having a versatile player in your squad which you like to play in different positions throughout the season. What PPM's do you ask him to learn, when most (not all) PPM's are sort of specific to certain positions, know what I mean?

But with this method, we could tick or untick PPM's for each match at our pleasure, depending on what we required.

Making a player unlearn his PPM's is not the solution either, as they might be good ones for other situations/matches.

What you shouldn't be able to do for example, is to tick PPM's for the player that he hasn't actually learnt as that would be unrealistic. However, asking him to refrain from using some for a specific match would not be unheard of for a manager to ask a player. And I for one would find it useful.

Maybe the screen for this could be a list of all the names of the players in your match squad, with a dropdown button beside each name called something like "Instruct player on his PPM's".

When you click it you would see a list of his PPM's with tick-boxes on the side of each, and you would see that they were all ticked because that would be the default. Then you untick those you want. if you don't want, you don't mess with it at all, and just hit play.

Like this, you could ask a AMR/SC to learn good PPM's for both roles, but ask him to employ only the ones which benefit the position he is picked in, for each match. There are many other benefits which I'm sure others can think of.

Match plans pls. One of the biggest misses in this version of FM.

If you introduce sideline instructions you should have made it possible to arrange them before the match and save them, so you only have to click 1 button to activate them, like in FML.

Pretty simple this, but pass attempts/completed as a percentage on the stats shown during a match. It would be nice to a see, at a glance, if changing instructions was having a positive or negative impact without having to do the arithmetic.

This goes for other stats on the match stats screen too. How about adding the same functionality from the team page where you could select what you want show, if there's too much for one screen.

So i've just downloaded the demo, my team is grimsby town and I'd like to make a suggestion. Theres a couple of youth players this season, bradley wood and josh fuller, who have broke into the first team and are looking good. Infact bradley wood looks like a fully established league 2 rightback and won man of the match on his debut. Both of these players have just potential future 2 star ratings in a bottom league 2 team that has low expectations of players anyway, but bradley wood hasnt made a single mistake yet and I think he should already be good enough for the first team at the start, maybe a decent rating. Just thought i'd say it because its annoying when a young player has gotten really good in real life but they are crap in the game.

ooh, here's another idea I recently thought of.

Can we have an option to "hide" transfer listed players when we're looking at our squad screen? I want to know who I'm planning to have come back when I'm looking for people to sign.

Two things -

Training Information Suggestion.

Okay, the suggestion/idea is for the Assistant Manager to provide you with a little more information about a player in a player's training - overview screen (Coach Report section).

Specifically, for him to tell you which areas he thinks the player cannot develop anymore.

For example -

"Pat Rice thinks that Cesc Fabregas will not be able to improve the strength and aerobic side of his game much more, so it might be a good idea to concentrate on other areas of his training."

As far as I understand, there is a 'ceiling' when it comes to certain attributes like pace, that players hit and cannot improve upon. The problem is that we, the managers, have no way of knowing whether they have hit it or not. So we are probably never getting the best out of our players with our training schedules.

This would go a long way in helping address that.

Goalkeeper Training Issue

It is my wish that the following be sorted out please - the issue is that Goalies are not supposed to train in either Defending or Shooting. I make this claim because the Goalkeeper default training schedule uses neither of them, and also because I have looked in players' Training - Attributes - Training Category, and the categories displayed for goalkeepers do not include Defending and Shooting.

So what's the problem you may ask? The problem is that a goalkeeper's Concentration (covered in the Defending training category) and Composure (covered in the Shooting training category), always go down if you do not train them a little in Defending and Shooting as well.

I believe this is wrong, that those attributes should not be covered in those sections when it comes to Goalkeepers. So ideally, they would be moved elsewhere, perhaps by giving them a slightly different name* so that it is possible to move them to another training category, if the FM program wouldn't allow it?

e.g. Concentration = Gk Concentration, Composure = Gk Composure.

If this can't be done, I suggest SI gives more managers a clue about this by upping the Defending and Shooting training categories in the Goalkeeper default schedule.

They both seem like important attributes for a goalkeeper to have.

I've noticed that most of the people are not using a 90min full match, so why not to create like CM did a customized key moments in order to be able to select the actions you want ( tackle, key passes, etc... ) to see, and avoid some other ( throwin, kick-off etc.. ) . So the match will take 30-40 min with a better immersion in management.

I feel 90 min too long and the key moments too fast.

Thanks.

I'd like to see players commenting to the media much more, revealing what they think of you, comparing you to previous manager, or if you were the previous manager, comparing the current regime to yours. Also it would be good if players issued more come and get me pleas etc

I'd also like to be able to ban players from training if they criticised me in public, and let them rot :)

That is a really good idea. I also would like to fine players for no reason because if I want to sell the player, and if he does not move, I can fine him! :D

1) Able to build school/training camps across all continents/regions

2) Manager Interaction at the National Team level (just like there is interaction with opponent manager at the club level)

3) Voice Narration in 3D game mode

4) Mp3 built-in, especially to pick songs for goal celebrations, match opening themes.

5) Backroom staff should also have accomplishments/awards in their profile if they were part of the club with lifted a cup, just like

players and managers. Perhaps, the more achievements they have under their built, would allow them to develop more wonder kids

6) More critique from the media about the performance of National Team managers, and also at high profile clubs (e.g. Real Madrid). Currently, I personally don't see the media pressuring managers in the game for poor performances. It seems that only the players to have poor performance in the game get pressure from the media, but Managers should also receive the heat from the media.

7) The media should also question managers when they call or leave out a player from the national team. And if the manager doesn't obtain the results after calling certain players and leaving others behind, the media should come even with more pressure towards that manager for making the decisions he made.

8) I would like to see a difference in playing tempo between teams just like IRL. In the current FM series, when I increase the pace tempo for my team the other team seems to play at the same pace, so there is no obvious difference of increasing the pace tempo. For instance, in England most clubs play at a very high pace tempo. Others like in Italy, Mexico and South America play at a more moderate pace. Also, if a club seems themselves inferior in the pitch IRL, they play a slower pace, but I don't see this to be the case in FM.

9) Also, it seems that all players in FM run at the same speed. IRL there are players that are very quick that when they sprint, they leave their defenders behind, but in FM a central defender can have a speed rating of 6 with rating of 6 in pace vs. a striker with a speed rating of 18 and pace at 18 and on the pitch during the game they seem to run side by side, this is not real.

10) Also, players with high dribbling skills should be able to leave their opponents behind, especially when the defender slides and missing his tackles, otherwise, what's the purpose of dribbling if there is no advantage to it?

Voice narration in 3D game mode sounds like a great idea. I believe SI had implemented this in one of the earlier championship manager series but the criticisms at that time was that the voice narration was not diverse enough. But I think that with todays technology, this implementation will work brilliantly!

I wouldn't mind seeing more work done in the Job Application and player signing area:

- When you apply for a managerial position at a club, the club should interview asking you about what you can bring to this club and your ambitions (basically to help you give a better chance of obtaining the job!)

- When you are signing a player, just like what I said above, you should be able to talk to him about the clubs ambitions and where he will fit into the team. I think signing a player on the current FM is too basic and should go into much more detail.

Some league creation/editing wishes/suggestions

- The possibility to create international club leagues and cups. And for these be able to:

- Set the minimum number of domestic and home grown players respecitvely, applying for the clubs based on what nation they are based in/from.

- Set maximum number of non-domestic players and everything else you can do for national leagues, which is to apply here for the clubs based on what nation they are from.

Having specific instructions being bound to a player and not to the position.

That means that every player has his own specific instructions. For example Crouch will always be a target man and Keano will always be a creative forward. No matter if they start in the line up or come on as a sub.

Nowadays when you insert Keano for Crouch he automaticly takes over the instructions you made for Keano, so Crouch will become a Fast Striker automaticly. The only way to change it is by changing it manually at that time. It would not only be easier to give all the players in your squad there own instructions. It will also make the game run faster and smoother.

In most clubs in Brazil, and certainly in other countries too, it's the board (director of football?) that takes care of the transfers, with the head coaches just recommending the players they want. So my sugestion is:

In the game, it could work like this: let's say you want a central defender, so you make a list of five names in order of preference (within certain parameters, like value, realistic targets, etc) and then the director would negotiate with those players, trying to bring in at least one of them. If the director can't sign any of them he should ask for more recommendations or perhaps suggest some names himself. And the chairman/director, every once in a while, should also sign some players they want/like, regardless of your opinion. At least that is how it works in Brazil, and this should add a nice touch of realism to the game.

Of course this should be optional, for those that want to play the game with more realism, and just in the leagues/clubs that have "head coaches" and not proper "Managers". You should still have the option to play as a manager with any club, with total control over transfers, if you want to.

With this option, everybody should be happy and play the game the way they want, and the director of football would finally have a role to play in the game, rather than being decorative.

Thoughts?

Archived