Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

This will probably never happen on FM but i'd like just an overall attribute. i know there is the assistant reports, with the stars, but sometimes its not that accurate. if the people behind FM want to keep this feature maybe they could have an on/off button at the start of a new game, like the attribute masking feature

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like it changed for how you praise players (apologies if any of this was changed on 09 as I don't have it).

This seems to have remained the same for many years. I usually try and build a first team squad of 22 players. I create Squad 1 with 11 players and squad 2 with the other 11 players. I then use 5 players from squad 1 as subs for squad 2 and vice versa. I then alternate the squads for each match.

I know it's not realistic to do this, but it does save on players becoming tired and they all remain happy as they play every other game. The problem is, as no player (apart from when injuries strike) plays several games in a row, I am unable to praise them. I might have players who play 30 games a season, but because they don't play enough games in a row I can't praise them or moan at them.

Again it might not be realistic, but surely I should be able to say what I think after even 1 game. It would be great after a game where one of my players has picked up the MOM award and I could say something about that.

I specifically want to be able to 'vent' at my team after a game. I want to be able call a team meeting the day after a match and yell at my strikers (or defenders or midfield) as a positional group and tell them that if they don't improve they will be warming that bench PDQ.

I get sick of games where my team has 100 times more shots that the opp's, yet the opp scores with the one and only shot they have (usually as the result of a 40yd back pass to my keeper from the CB which goes straight to the opp's striker).

I don't want to have a go at the whole squad or any particular player, but if my strikeforce is not doing it, I want to let them know as a group.

I want to be able to apologise to the fans after a game, tell them the team is crap etc and that I won't stand for performance like that. Why is it that players only seem to sulk if you moan? I know many people that after a rollicking will roll up their sleeves, take it on board and make a positive effort to improve. In this game all they do is sulk and say the manager isn't giving the team credit (or something similar).

I would like to be able to tell a player why I am subbing him. I want him to know when he comes off that I think he has been bloody useless or that I am resting him for the next big game etc. I get annoyed when I take my flamboyant winger off to rest him and then after the match he goes off on one. If I'd been able to tell him he's knackered and I need him for the next game, he might be a little less likely to take an unscheduled holiday.

In the same way I would like to be able to have a meeting with a player and tell them that I am transfer listing them because... A) You're crap, B) You're not working hard enough C) Bad for team spirit D) Need the cash E) Different team formation and style, etc

Same for loans.. A) Need you to get some match fitness B) Need you to get experience C) Shop window D) Need to reduce wage bill, etc.

If you also had personality thoughts about a player, that you could combine in, eg. A) I think you're a great player B) I can't stand you C) Too young etc, you could tell a player things like: I think you're a great player but bad for team spirit or, I can't stand you and you're bad for team spirit.

This might help players accept transfers or loans more readily.

At the moment far too much of the game relies on the players throwing their dummies out of the pram. I want the manager (me) to be able to be far more interactive with players if I want to be.

this and games won based on team skill not just on the tatics. and also what someone else said about players recommeding players they just played against, asking u to sign them like wot man u did with c.ronaldo IRL.

You know when we sign a big name signing, and when it says increase in shirt sales, i would like to see that increase in revenue resulting in more transfer funds. Also, i would like to see online shop, where we can say how much ticket prices are. Also, if we are going through a good run or a bad run, an online forum, so we can read what supporters are saying. For example, current managers can see search forums, i would like to see the same. The next one is Betting. I think rigging matches, like Juventus a few seasons ago. That should be in place. And i would like to see non football related matters too. Currently when someone is "finding it hard to settle in", we cant really do much. So, it would be cool to get involved. Because dont forget when we do first get the job we have to attend a press conference and it says "involved in all areas of the club". That should include non-football matters too.

At the moment i would give the game a 7/10, but there should be the features i've mentioned. In today's world, managers have to deal with more than just footballing matters. Look at Man City, how many players have moved for the money. And people's performances vary. David Bentley drink driving. How does a manager react to that? We should be put in similar situations.

Also, i would like to see online shop, where we can say how much ticket prices are. Also, if we are going through a good run or a bad run, an online forum, so we can read what supporters are saying. For example, current managers can see search forums, i would like to see the same. The next one is Betting. I think rigging matches, like Juventus a few seasons ago. That should be in place. And i would like to see non football related matters too.

Quite simply, no.

How about the option not to have to use some features. Maybe not even install them. for example my pc can't do 3d, so why install it? i don't like pres conferences, so why should i have them in my game. A more customizable experience would be better for everyone.

Also, i would like to see online shop, where we can say how much ticket prices are. Also, if we are going through a good run or a bad run, an online forum, so we can read what supporters are saying. For example, current managers can see search forums, i would like to see the same. The next one is Betting. I think rigging matches, like Juventus a few seasons ago. That should be in place. And i would like to see non football related matters too. Currently when someone is "finding it hard to settle in", we cant really do much. So, it would be cool to get involved. Because dont forget when we do first get the job we have to attend a press conference and it says "involved in all areas of the club". That should include non-football matters too.

On the same vane as TaylorB - NO

I know each player wants the game to do certain things for their own experiences but FM is a football management game; even the most successful managers do not have an input into ticket pricing and so on. The closest it gets is a manager maybe being involved with discussions about things like stadia and youth policies a'la mr Wenger and even then they don't have the final say so giving FM Managers the chance to make those decisions is unrealistic.

If you become a successful manager and have been with the same club a while the game already allows you to have an input into some football related matters such as chosing your feeder team (rather than picking from a list you are provided) and you can already ask the board to expand the stadium, or develop the training/youth facilities. The only area I would like to see this expanded to is being able to ask the board to expand the scouting network rather than being reliant on them allowing expansion based on where you are in the respective league system.

I personally see no benefit from any of the suggestions that managers should be able to set ticket prices or merchandise costs etc we aren't playing the sims or some other game of that ilk - and thats before all the requests to be able to buy houses and cars with the salary! I am very very glad that SI have repeatedly said this is not an area they plan to take the game in.

1- the stat for each player should depend on the scout statistique and the time he passes to evaluate the player. In fact, which club did not make any mistake in hiring a player and which is not so good as announced. Scounting should include the risk with wrong evaluations of the player.

2- GREAT improvement of the training session ( many sub-sessions ) with complete and detailed report every day in each dicipline ( fitness, muscle training, sprint, etc..)

There in real life of a coach more than 30 type of different training sessions. The coach is passing more than 50% of his time to schedule with assistant, to watch, to encoourage, to blame, advice each player in the training area. To win a match it's not only tactics and player selection, it's more training, current form, motivation in training, performances in many diffrent sessions

3- More possibilities to discuss with each player on different topics ( made as press conferences )

4 - MORE after match coaching discussions.

5 - end of topic for 2010 . or 2011 ?...

A few of my thoughts on features in FM2010 and future releases:

1.) Press conferences: Abandon the "before and after every match" method, instead allow manager to call them for specific reasons, like before/after an important match, beginning/end of season, when a new player is bought or a star is sold, during a good/bad streak, et cetera. Take out the monotony, take out the laborious nature, but leave in the feature as it's an important part of management.

2.) Improve AI roster building: Improve the AI's roster building to build to their preferred formation, provide reasonable depth charts (not buying too many superstar reserves, yet not going without reasonable cover), consider youth/age/future in transfer & roster management.

3.) Improve loan system: Surely any professional player could get loaned out somewhere, if the price were right? I have never been able to understand the logic of which teams respond to no-cost or low-cost loan offers.

4.) Improve training & coaching management: Give the manager more options on deciding general approach & emphasis of training & coaching, but reduce micromanagement by making assistants and coaches handle the details of those elements.

5.) New game setup & database options: Allow more options when creating a new game and selecting a player database. Perhaps a slider between [very small...small...med-small...medium...med-large...large...very-large...huge] would work better. Perhaps allowing a new game to focus on different continents, i.e. activate more european players / larger euro database but reduce asian/african/american players active. Add checkbox to automatically add enough players to database to make all (or all-in-continent) national teams available to manage.

6.) Tweak mid-to-lower league staff & scouting options: Why limit the number of staff when there's no limit on the number of players? Perhaps give a budget for staff instead of a firm number of staff. This would allow a manager to adapt staff to his personal preferences on how to best develop the club. Also, give a little more flexibility and logic to the scouting range for these clubs. Why can't one scout travel across the channel, even if the club can't "afford" a whole European scouting network by all scouts? (Personally, the whole scouting system needs a re-do, but I'll save that for another post or my blog.)

Every year we seem to have the same issue that clubs we choose to manage never seem to have a decent budget, we complain to the researchers and every year we get the same answer “you club has just spent x amount, how can you justify another x amount on top of what has just been spent” and if the club doesn’t spend then they still get no money “The club obviously has no money as they haven’t spent anything this summer”.

I seem to have an idea to get around this.

When you start at your club, the players that have come in over the summer should not really be there yet meaning you should decide on how the budget is spent.

What I suggest is that the game has all the transfers over the summer in memory ready to be done on the date that they went through in real life. If you are not the manager involved in one of these transfers then they go through as usual, however when you are involved then you should have the final say.

For example lets use Zat Knight.

If you don’t play as Villa or Bolton the transfer of Zat Knight goes through as per normal on the 25th of July 2009 (the date the deal was done in real life).

However if you are

a) Aston Villa a bid will come in from Bolton which you can accept or refuse,

b) Bolton then Aston Villa offer you Zat Knight for £5m on same date, or your board says they have come to an agreement.

It is then up to you if you want to accept or refuse. The budget obviously changes accordingly depending on whether you make these transfers or not.

It obviously means a bit more work for the programmers, but it would make the game even more amazing than it already is and really would stop so many ****ed off gamers annoyed at having little no budget.

That Eastern European teams dont buy English, French, Dutch and any other Western European players. I was managing Artmedia Bratislava lately and played MSK Zilina. They had 4 English players under 23 who came from clubs as Arsenal, Man U and Portsmouth. 3 French players from Nantes, PSG and Monaco and 2 dutch players from Ajax and AZ. All these players were under 23 and some of them even came under the age of 18. Now i know transfers begin to start at an earlier age, but these? No way thats realistic. Its even more unrealistic that they are bought for amounts that vary from 50k to 1 mil and are sold for ridiculous amounts like 8 or 9 million. Its clear reputation of leagues, and clubs have to worked out more. A dutch player who is 16 years old will never move to Slovakia or Hungary. Same goes for English players.

So my idea....make reputation bigger en more various so small countries and clubs really are smaller then the big guys in Western Europe

Woops almost forgot my number 1 idea of the evening. Its about scouting your upcoming opponents. All you get is a pre scripted text which almost always states the same. Now here is my idea which can make scouting more usefull

First of all, a scout doesnt doe reports on opponents. Assistant managers do or even the managers themselves. Why dont we get a message a week in advance if we would like to visit the opponents match?

Ok back to the report. Its always the same. 5 lines of text and thats it.

Why dont we get a full report. I mean a screen in which you can see the expected formation. Star player, weakest links, results from last 5 matches (form), suggested formation, players in form or lacking of form, players who are on a light injury. To make a long story short, it can be a lot more detailed. We are left a bit out in the cold sometimes in this area and it aint neccesary.

hi there i noticed loads of ppl put there ideas up on here for future fm games and some get taken notice of, but one i have not seen and it really bugs me (hopefully i not alone) is the way we have to choose the leagues at start of game it the only part that i think really needs changing but has not changed since the very first games!!?

at the mo we select the leagues we wanna be able to play in and then were stuck with that all the way thru our save (which i dunno bout u but i find annoying cuz i sometimes change my mind and have 2 start again or i load potential leagues i think i might wanna play and they end up using unnecessary processer power!!?does this haggle anyone else??

what i propose SI shud do and i dont see any reason why it wud not work is that you load only one league at the start of the game and say for example you were man u then a couple of seasons down the line or whatever depending on how well you been doing say barcelona came in for you and offered you the managers job and you accept the game then loads the spanish league up instead of the premier league so there still only one league running!!

this way you only have 1 league running at any one time and you can also end up managing anywhere in the world!!

please any feedback or suggestions wud be appreciated i think they shud look at this one!!! cheers shuff85....:)

I know a few suggestions will have been made already but heres my list for possible improvements/ideas for the future of FM - the game we love so much. I know it may look like a lot of suggestions but any feedback will definately be welcome! Also a massive well done to Miles and the team for what looks like a cracking FM2010! cheers :thup:

OVERHAUL OF NEWS HEADLINES & ARTICLES

Improved realistic news headlines and journalistic articles/text separated into 4 tabs: your club news, your league news, national club news, and international news (similiar to what CM2010 have done).

REVAMPED MATCH SOUND

Sound Designer brought in to reflect match attendance figures, home and away fans’ noise, possible muffled stadium announcer and music etc.

DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT INTERACTION

Recommend domestic club players to international managers for international selection if they are in good form. Also international managers can interact with domestic managers and ask them if they think player A can do a job for England etc.

REVAMPED PRESS CONFERENCES

Complete overhaul of these needed (wider variety and intelligence needed to combat repetitiveness) Hold press conferences for player signings. Also have the ability to call them for events and hold them with the club captain / new signing.

RELEASE CLUB STATEMENTS

Release a club statement with regards to an event. "We have absolutely no intention of selling Joleon Lescott to anyone". Players could release statements too: "John Terry has committed himself to the club despite speculation linking him with Man City".

AUTHENTIC TRAINING GROUND NAMES

Include genuine club training ground names such as “Carrington”, "Colney" and “Cobham”. The training ground should play an important part in a manager's career.

FITNESS TEST RESULTS & PLAYER MEDICALS

Include Fitness Test Results (for players returning for pre-season, and before a match).

Results could monitor player body fat percentages (should be averaging around 12% for a professional) which could better reflect a player's fitness & stamina conditions. Introduce player medical results when signing a player, including a condensed team doctor/head physio report, and the player’s injury history. Better details of specific injuries and progress would also be a bonus.

INTERACTION WITH INJURED PLAYERS

Ability to interact with injured players to try and boost morale (could have an adverse affect if your trying to rush the player back too early / ignore him whilst injured).

NEW SET PIECE GENERATOR

Design your own set piece moves and see them take effect during a match

PERSUADE PLAYERS TO JOIN THE CLUB DURING NEGOTIATIONS

Before contract negotiations begin, try to lure the player you want to your club with statements such as: “This club can improve your chances of playing for the national team." Sell European football to them, tell them they will be the club captain, fantastic facilities, fan base etc.

SQUAD MEETING & SETTING SEASON OBJECTIVES

When you first join a club or at the start of every season you could issue season objectives to the squad (must push for top two spot), and set players targets (striker to get 20 goals this season, or goalkeeper to make 10 clean sheets etc.) Setting unrealistic targets or failure to meet these targets could affect player morale or earn them an improved contract.

POST MATCH REACTIONS FROM AI PLAYERS & MANAGERS

Introduce players’ and AI managers’ post-match reactions

GLOBAL TRAINING CAMPS

Introduce training camps where the squad could be sent too – Take them to authentic training facilities/academies globally (Coverciano and La Manga etc.) All individually having very different effects on the squad.

IMPORTANT INTERACTION WITH CLUB CAPTAIN

Your club captain should be the nucleus of the team, the eyes and ears of the manager, and opinions of recent performances/morale and signings should be considered important.

FANS/MEDIA REACTION TO CHANGING EXISTING CLUB CAPTAIN

Include fans & media reaction to the changing of a club/nation captain.

TESTIMONIALS

Introduce player testimonials with all proceeds going to charity. Favourite personnel of the player from former/other clubs can be included in the team selection (like a select XI Team)

ABILITY TO PAY OFF EXISTING CLUB DEBTS

Include the ability to pay off existing club debts and loans with your transfer funds.

COMPENSATION PACKAGES FOR INJURED INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS

Clubs could appeal for compensation with the Nation's FA for players injured on international duty.

PARACHUTE PAYMENTS & BETTER PROMOTION PACKAGES

Introduce parachute payments for relegated clubs and realistic promotion packages.

INTERACTION WITH FANS!

Interact with fans (through club statements, fanzines or fan representatives. Include fans’ opinion polls over favourite player / best performances from the last match etc. Radio phone-in topics could be included. Include the ability to praise the travelling fans or apologise to them over a poor result.

CONGRATULATIONS WINDOW

Include a congratulations/winner's window with a graphic/confetti/fireworks when you win a competition to add a sense of achievement for gamers (definitely needed!) Chairman and fans should have a greater reaction to success (particularly international success).

ATTENDANCE FIGURES

Include attendance graph / figures displaying information regarding both home and away fans.

INCLUDE GROUNDSMAN, KITMAN AND DIETICIAN IN CLUB STAFF

Include Head Groundsman (ask to relay pitch during a fixture break / sprinkle surface before a game, and request pitch conditions) and Club Kitman roles (this could allow gamers to choose which kits to wear for each match) at the club. A Dietician could be brought in to improve players' physical conditions but may have an adverse affect on morale.

TOUCHLINE BANS FOR MANAGERS

Managers could be given touchline bans by the FA, which would prevent them from making any of the new 'touchline shouts' for a match if they have spoken out about a referee, or acted/commented inappropriately.

Any thoughts ppl?

Firstly I'd like to say I like the idea of the new tactic editor. It will be interesting to see how in depth it goes.

I've had some thoughts about it:

1. With the player defined roles, i.e. Deep lying playmaker, would it be possible to toggle exactly what this role entails, so to give more individual freedom to the manager in terms of tactics. If I have a deep lying playmaker I still want him to press and close the space for example and I want him to defend deep, but I would prefer it if when he was deep he passed short but to be more expansive with his passing when he moved up the pitch. I wouldn't want to see him playing hail-mary 'glory' passes from deep and giving the ball back to the opposition just because he is labelled a Deep lying playmaker. I would imagine this would be particularly visible with the analysis. If my Deep lying playmaker is hitting too many stray balls from deep I want to be able to do something about his roll, i.e. only be creative beyond half way line or something.

2. It would be great to be able to make your own defined roles. For example a midfield general or an off the shoulder striker. Maybe the features of the role could be chosen such as try to be the offside trap, move into channels, attack near post when the ball is wide, hit shots with power, press defenders off the ball etc. That way you could have more unique styles within the game. Obviously the effect those roles have depends entirely on the player attributes for the player in question.

3. To go a little further than that I would love to be able to suggest certain areas that I would like players to play in. I know that at one stage of the CM history there was a feature where you could place the players depending on which segment the ball was in. I wouldn't want to go as far as that because it would be too complicated and in reality players can't be controlled that much in such a dynamic game. But it would be great to be able to adjust the defensive positioning of my tough tackling midfielder to adjust the space between the backline and midfield. Or tell my playmaker which areas of the pitch to play attacking passes from and which areas to play simple passes. Depending on the rigidity of your tactics (and maybe how well they have been trained) would determine how well they would follow the instructions. For example when the ball is out wide with my winger, I really want to see my striker attacking the near post. They may do it because they are a good striker, but there should be some way as a coach to try to get them to do that under your instruction. Whether it be through the player instructions or coaching.

4. For set-pieces, whether you have a set piece editor or not, it would be good to add some variation to the set pieces. On FM2009 I would play and you would select the attacking corner type. For example into 6 yard box. That is fine and obviously it doesn't always go to the same place and player movements are different etc. But if a team constantly played the same corner routine opposition would pick up on it. Instead I found that as long as I had a good corner routine I would score plenty of corners (particularly in the lower leagues). I have yet to see a team in reality that doesn't vary the routines a little bit. Sure you may cross the ball into the 6 yard box most of the time, but now and then they will decide to play a short corner, or hit it to the edge of the box (pre-planned rather than poorly hit corner). There should be some way to set before the game a second or third type of routine and roughly the frequency it should be used. Obviously again whether it is used at the right time is down to the players.

5. Improved coaching system to try and help the players improve in the systems you have developed. Particularly if you have user defined rolls or interesting tactical plans, it would be great to be able to train those more specifically and see them have an effect on the pitch. Also in terms of player development you could see their ability to achieve certain in game roles increase and therefore maybe alter the defined player role.

6. Definitely need improve coaching feedback. Most of the time I haven't got a clue what is going on with my players in training. Since most of the time spent at a football club is on the training pitch it would seem like there should at least be greater feedback from the coaching staff.

I know a few suggestions will have been made already but heres my list for possible improvements/ideas for the future of FM - the game we love so much. I know it may look like a lot of suggestions but any feedback will definately be welcome! Also a massive well done to Miles and the team for what looks like a cracking FM2010! cheers :thup:

Improved realistic news headlines and journalistic articles/text separated into 4 tabs: your club news, your league news, national club news, and international news (similiar to what CM2010 have done).

REVAMPED MATCH SOUND

Sound Designer brought in to reflect match attendance figures, home and away fans’ noise, possible muffled stadium announcer and music etc.

Recommend domestic club players to international managers for international selection if they are in good form. Also international managers can interact with domestic managers and ask them if they think player A can do a job for England etc.

Complete overhaul of these needed (wider variety and intelligence needed to combat repetitiveness) Hold press conferences for player signings. Also have the ability to call them for events and hold them with the club captain / new signing.

RELEASE CLUB STATEMENTS

Release a club statement with regards to an event. "We have absolutely no intention of selling Joleon Lescott to anyone". Players could release statements too: "John Terry has committed himself to the club despite speculation linking him with Man City".

Include genuine club training ground names such as “Carrington”, "Colney" and “Cobham”. The training ground should play an important part in a manager's career.

Include Fitness Test Results (for players returning for pre-season, and before a match).

Results could monitor player body fat percentages (should be averaging around 12% for a professional) which could better reflect a player's fitness & stamina conditions. Introduce player medical results when signing a player, including a condensed team doctor/head physio report, and the player’s injury history. Better details of specific injuries and progress would also be a bonus.

Ability to interact with injured players to try and boost morale (could have an adverse affect if your trying to rush the player back too early / ignore him whilst injured).

NEW SET PIECE GENERATOR

Before contract negotiations begin, try to lure the player you want to your club with statements such as: “This club can improve your chances of playing for the national team." Sell European football to them, tell them they will be the club captain, fantastic facilities, fan base etc.

When you first join a club or at the start of every season you could issue season objectives to the squad (must push for top two spot), and set players targets (striker to get 20 goals this season, or goalkeeper to make 10 clean sheets etc.) Setting unrealistic targets or failure to meet these targets could affect player morale or earn them an improved contract.

GLOBAL TRAINING CAMPS

Introduce training camps where the squad could be sent too – Take them to authentic training facilities/academies globally (Coverciano and La Manga etc.) All individually having very different effects on the squad.

Your club captain should be the nucleus of the team, the eyes and ears of the manager, and opinions of recent performances/morale and signings should be considered important.

TESTIMONIALS

Introduce player testimonials with all proceeds going to charity. Favourite personnel of the player from former/other clubs can be included in the team selection (like a select XI Team)

Include the ability to pay off existing club debts and loans with your transfer funds.

Clubs could appeal for compensation with the Nation's FA for players injured on international duty.

Introduce parachute payments for relegated clubs and realistic promotion packages.

INTERACTION WITH FANS!

Interact with fans (through club statements, fanzines or fan representatives. Include fans’ opinion polls over favourite player / best performances from the last match etc. Radio phone-in topics could be included. Include the ability to praise the travelling fans or apologise to them over a poor result.

CONGRATULATIONS WINDOW

Include a congratulations/winner's window with a graphic/confetti/fireworks when you win a competition to add a sense of achievement for gamers (definitely needed!) Chairman and fans should have a greater reaction to success (particularly international success).

ATTENDANCE FIGURES

Include attendance graph / figures displaying information regarding both home and away fans.

Include Head Groundsman (ask to relay pitch during a fixture break / sprinkle surface before a game, and request pitch conditions) and Club Kitman roles (this could allow gamers to choose which kits to wear for each match) at the club. A Dietician could be brought in to improve players' physical conditions but may have an adverse affect on morale.

Managers could be given touchline bans by the FA, which would prevent them from making any of the new 'touchline shouts' for a match if they have spoken out about a referee, or acted/commented inappropriately.

Any thoughts ppl?

For me, i think every single idea in this is fantastic and would improve the realism of the game hugely. Well done mate.

In a team report...why are there only defenders, midfielders and attackers? I mean what has happened to the GK? Arent they important enough?

Other thing on team report... Why do we get a report on the best eleven? Why not the entire selection. Let us know who is 1st choice on the AMR but also who is 2nd or 3rd. I know it can be found manually, but this will make things go way faster when you take over a new squad or when you hit 2020 with a full team of regens.

1. With the player defined roles, i.e. Deep lying playmaker, would it be possible to toggle exactly what this role entails, so to give more individual freedom to the manager in terms of tactics. If I have a deep lying playmaker I still want him to press and close the space for example and I want him to defend deep, but I would prefer it if when he was deep he passed short but to be more expansive with his passing when he moved up the pitch.

The wizard and predefined roles are great... but still you should tweak the instructions to your particular liking and players and the game will allows for this. After playing in FM Live with this system, I can tell you that many (most?) managers do this. It's so powerful to have these shortcuts to make adjustments throughout the game. The whole new wizard/shouts system is AWESOME and I can't bring myself to play the game without them.

I would also like the ability to add a broader selection of staff when starting a new game. It's lame playing with 98% staff from the nation(s) you have active... when you would like to get scouts from around the globe to help implement your club's global scouting network.

That would be great.

REVAMPED MATCH SOUND

There was a poll on here about how many users played with the sound on or off, and most played with it off. It's probably been deleted now. Also, adding chants (even just club names repeated to a popular tune) would take ages.

Again, this would be brilliant.

I agree again.

RELEASE CLUB STATEMENTS

Already in, just not those words.

I don't think that would add anything tbh.

I'm not sure the fat percentage would be any more than a gimmick tbqh. Also, if you take a player on trial you can request a medical. Perhaps being able to request one without the trial would be good.

I think this would be too limited. You already get negative affects from rushing them back, and you can interact briefly at the start of the injury. What more could be added?

NEW SET PIECE GENERATOR

Have you played the CM demo? Their set piece creator is horrible and buggy. Sorry to say it, but any SI attempt would be pretty bad too, PaulC has admitted as much.

Good in principal, but it would get repetitive (like team talks) and would be too easily exploited. You can already convince them to join because of European football ("X has said that a major reason behind his decision to join the club was the chance to play European football" comes up after you sign a player).

Well, overall objectives are already in. Player ones would be good if well implemented.

Are in.

GLOBAL TRAINING CAMPS

I think this would be unrealistic. How often do you hear it happening IRL? Yes, sometimes they'll train in a warmer climate briefly, but that's borderline gimmick IMO. If a message came up saying "you have a chance to train abroad for £200,000. Yes/no" then perhaps that would be an idea for clubs who play in colder areas (Britain, Germany, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, North France/Italy). It stresses the downside. Training abroad would boost productivity and morale, but maybe allow complacentcy to slip in and would cost a lot of money.

Perhaps. But do you really think any manager cares for his captain's opinion too much? I'd imagine he'd basically echo the fan's feedback.

I think that's a good starting point, but I'd be more interested in what they do when the captain is sold or retired. There should be speculation over who will take the role. It should be the same if the captain is a fringe player or injured for a long time. Your ass man, the media and the fans could all champion a player, maybe a player could come to you representing the squad and suggesting that they favour another player.

TESTIMONIALS

Testimonials would be great. All proceeds going to charity? What charity? :D Also, I think it should be open to all former team mates, or even legendary players from their nation (Cruyff and Van Basten were up front in Bergkamp's testimonial)

Resounding yes. I had a massive bank balance, but I was still paying off £200k of my debt every month. Why not just pay it all?

Did Newcastle ever get one? How far do you take it too? I'd say it should only trigger for injuries of 3 months or more.

Promotion packages are definitely realistic. I think parachute payments are implemented too.

INTERACTION WITH FANS!

A bit OTT again, but it could potentially be a good feature.

CONGRATULATIONS WINDOW

I'm fine with how it is, but I know others aren't. I'm not sure confetti is the way forward. Maybe occaisional messages if you experience a drop in form? "Fans are behind manager Q because he won the Carling Cup last season".

ATTENDANCE FIGURES

Most clubs don't do away fans when they announce the attendance. I believe you can check your attendances through the league screen.

Unnessary gimmicks. We can already re-lay the pitch. Kits should be and are chosen on whether they clash. Dieticians and similar- would they take up a coach spot or two? How exactly would they affect morale?

Been in for ages.

In a team report...why are there only defenders, midfielders and attackers? I mean what has happened to the GK? Arent they important enough?

You can tell who the best GK is just by looking, there's only one GK!

Play as teams from Cyprus

That's already been announced for the next game.

1. Set Pieces - My set piece taker is Darijo Srna, my RB (FK 18), but sometimes he goes over to the other side of the pitch to take unnecessary FKs that anyone could take, and I would rather my LB, Bale (FK 16) took them. I want for the manager to choose in what positions what player takes the free kick.

2. Manager Objectives - set a longer term plan to win the league, champs league etc with your chairman, it is more realistic (i.e. it might be a rocky first season with man city, but 4 season play to dominate the league)

3. Re-vamp the training aspect of the game - ATM far to simple (e.g. you could set incentives for players if they work hard in training, and players should improve more with regards to what type of training schedule they are on (e.g. luka modric's tacking was the first thing to improve even though his defending training was very low

4. TEACH THE GOALKEEPERS TO PASS IT SHORT - i just can't get them to do this, 80% of the time (despite passing "short" the ball is just booted up there, and i want to instruct a defender to come a get the ball - defensive line deep when starting from the back, even though normally i play a higher line when actually defending)

5. TEACH THEM THE IDEA OF KEEPING THE BALL, even if i had Xavi (passing 20) in my team, i would still want him to pass it short, because I like to keep the ball. In fact I don't care how long the pass is, as long as it is not booted up to the target man willy nilly but passed to a player who is open and in space, so it is still a 95% pass (rarely loses the ball) whether 4 or 40 yards.

6. Injuries - there are just too many (although this was probably corrected on later patches which i don't have)

7. More player interaction - e.g. when a player complains over too much competition for first team place you have the option of challenging him to work harder in training and 'be patient' why can't we add these in, and others such as 'you may be a bench warmer atm, but work hard and next season you will be a star player" or "you and modric are both neck for neck for a first team place, prove yourself" or suggestions from the players about where/how they think they play best "Theirry Henry has come to you saying that he feels he performs better when given a freer role/played upfront not on the wing/asked to dribble often"

most are just minor things, but 4/5 I think are especially important, and i think that 5 could really improve the game if this idea was expanded to other areas

I want to get rid of an annoying bug that I hope that SI is already looking at. It's the one you encounter every time you play a national cup or CHL, when you get to the two-leg stages. Suddenly, instead of having team talk, player attidues etc. from a match-to-match basis (ie. telling them new stuff every time), they switch it so the two games are made into one large game AI-wise. This can be incredibly annoying, especially if you lucked out and won against a better team with a high margin but not high enough to guarantee progression.

That means that players think that when you begin the second leg, you're really only in an extended half-time of the previous match and they think they're dominating the game 3-0 or something. I suddenly can't tell them to go kick the other team's ass or give them any sort of reasonable outlook on the game because I get the same options as if I was ahead with that result in the middle of a match. This usually means my team is ridiculously arrogant in a situation where they shouldn't be and never would be IRL and usually means my team won't even bother to tie their boots before the match.

The most horrifying example of this was when I was actually playing a top team vs another top team in the Italian Cup. I was Inter and I met Fiorentina in the semi-finals. I completely dominated the first match on their grounds and won 3-0 but when it came to the second leg, I was unable to tell my players anything other than I was extremely pleased with the result (the extended half time syndrome), since the other options would demoralise them instantly. The result of telling my team how pleased I was (and then only having those same options in half time when being behind 2-0), was a 4-0 loss.

Needless to say, I was outraged, but I let the result stand either way because there wasn't long until my CHL matches (a tournament I won :D) and my players might as well be rid of all arrogance, just to make sure it would not happen again. But it happens all the time with all teams and you can see it in the fan confidence section for matches. You won't have it listed as Home, Away and Total results, you will have a first match and then a combined result, sometimes resulting in the paradox of the fans want your head on a stake after losing the last leg in the match report but then praising you as the ultimate manager because you made it through combined.

I personally find this to be the worst bug I've encountered because even injuries or general tactical bugs can be solved by buying a larger squad or add some high quality back-ups to the team. This one directly affects team performance in the worst way imaginable because it affects their confidence on the field. It pretty much ruins the second leg before it even began, unless I'm facing opponents so poor that I could steamroll them with my youth team.

I've had a few thoughts about training too. It is such an important part of real football management that it really should have more importance in the game.

1. General Balance

Firstly I like the idea of controlling how much Goalkeeping, Defending, Attacking, Shooting, Fitness, Strength, Technical and Tactical work is done. I don't have a problem with those sliders and they can probably be kept (certainly it would mean that people who didn't want to go into more depth could keep it as it is). In general that would be the first thought of a coach to get the general balance of the training schedule.

2. Routines to be implemented in schedule

After the sliders have been set it should bring up some options about which specific routines are to be implemented. The higher the slider rating the more options are available. For example if you have it set to low maybe there are only 2 possible options of which you can choose 1 (due to limited importance/time of that part of training), but if you chose high maybe you get a choice of 5 or 6 and can choose 2 or 3. For example for fitness if you have it set high maybe you have the choice to choose 'Long Distance running', 'Relays', 'Sprints', 'Agility drills', 'Yoga', 'Pilates'. Then you can choose some of the selections. They will have different effects on stats and also performance in the games. Also the kind of routines you use when developing players (youth) would be different to those with the first team.

3. Implementing training to games

Obviously their will be some improvement to stats, but I don't think all the training routines should just go towards improving the stats of the players. It should also effect the playing characteristics of your players and team. For example if in the Shooting training I had a a 'Shoot on sight' or 'Attack front post' drill then I would expect to see my striker doing more of that in the match. Obviously it would mean that maybe they would make the wrong decision to shoot on sight at times but that would be up to the coach to get the correct routines that suit his/her players and tactics.

4. Different coaches

Currently coaches are now labled by their preferred coaching style and rated accordingly. There is very little difference between one 5 star attacking coach and the next. In reality managers have their preferred coaches and for a reason...they like what they offer in coaching. In order to try to have these different personalities in the coaches I think maybe different coaches could have different coaching routines, which all affect the players slightly differently. For example Les Ferdinand would offer things like 'Aerial play', 'Hold up play', 'Back to goal drills', 'Attack post drill', '6 yard box reaction drill' and would be better at some of those than others. He wouldn't offer drills like link up play, finesse finishing, shooting on sight etc. In that way getting the right coaches in would make a difference to how your team play. This would also get around having to choose all the drills yourself if you chose to only change the sliders, as the coaches would go to their default favourites. Of course these might be your coaches best drills, but not necessarily the ones that suit your tactics or players the best. Maybe youth coaches have a different set of routines that specifically help to develop your young players, or maybe they have a better effect on those players than a regular coach would have.

5. Coaching badges

Also their should be an option for your coaches to go and do FA and UEFA coaching badges. This would improve the coaches and offer them new routines or improvements to existing routines. This would be of great benefit to the club and your players training. Of course the risk is that if your coaches become better qualified then they will be on the radar of better clubs or will demand higher wages when their contract runs out, so the manager has to weigh up the benefits vs. the risks in improving the coaches. Of course if you can afford to improve your coaches then it is a good idea, this is especially useful when developing coaches who were ex-players (which is always fun).

6. Coaching feedback

There should definitely be improved coaching feedback. Currently my players have been training for a month and after a whole month of training I can see that 3 of the players have performed well (what does that mean) and 3 haven't. With certain routines you can have different responses during the monthly report. Such and such has had a good reaction to the fitness training and is looking sharp. Or even random alerts from training, as you get with the 'injured in training', but instead something like 'The link up play in the shooting schedule has had some benefits. Rooney and Berbatov have shown signs of developing a good understanding'. It might not make you choose those players, but it will give a manager some useful insight into what is happening on the training pitch.

S.I have really got to look at enabling managers at big clubs to become Icons. If you win 5 back to back champions leagues, no matter what club you are at, you would be revered by the fans and would be an Icon, or at least a favoured person. The fact that a player can get onto favoured list after a number of months, but a manager who has been hugely successful at a big club for years cant is ridiculous, especially for a management game. If you resign, you shouldn't lose the iconic status, except maybe if you leave in acrimonious circumstances or move to a local rival. Fans should compare the new man to your great era, in ''those days' etc

Also, in the media, if you resign from a club having been successful, the media should compare your successor to you, you should be asked to comment on the clubs progress, speculate on what will happen, players should compare the new guy to you etc. If you are unemployed you should be asked to analyse their match for TV, be a pundit etc newspaper interviews.

The game must start to recognise more the great achievements from managers in the game.

Oh and if you leave a club after 10/15 yrs and you go back to view a match at that club as an international manager, the game shouldn't just say England manager so and so is in the stands, more should be made of your return, the directors should issue a welcome greeting, fans should cheer you (if you were popular), anything really to acknowledge that you even existed at the club, let alone brought more silverware to the place than is in the entire Bank of England...

Greater distinction between internal messages and external messages.

I get the impression a lot of communications with my players is happening through the media as if it is the normal way. I'm the manager of my club and it seems the only way I can communicate with the club staff is through the local gazette.

Internal memos and greater impetus on player conversations dealt internally BEFORE they start whining to the media. Tutoring is another example. The message reads like a media report, when really it is just meant to be internal acknowledgement.

Perhaps. But do you really think any manager cares for his captain's opinion too much?

I think so, since the captain is my deputy in keeping a harmony in the team.

Resounding yes. I had a massive bank balance, but I was still paying off £200k of my debt every month. Why not just pay it all?

Isn't it based on how the loans were structured? Total guess here and I may be wrong but even though RA's wealth has protected Chelsea from its debt, the payments are still being made. The plus side is that they're guaranteed. I might be blowing smoke here. :)

Tactics are finally getting a revamp so we're not dependant on sliders. The same should happen for training.

What does it take for me to become an Icon/Legend? I've dominated the competition! Although I guess Calay Arena is enough of a legacy. :)

Transfer/contract negotiations to happen there and then(sort of like Sid Meier's Civilization diplomacy), rather than the rigid back and forth exchange which doesn't really leave room for actual -negotiation-.

SCIAG great honest feedback man. What does everyone on here reckon the game is needing most of all for say FM2011? If you were to pick just one addition from everyone's suggestions?

I liked a lot of your ideas Beckford, especially the ones that seemed to be small additions that would add more character and variation to the game. Even things that were dismissed as gimmicky like training ground names, fat percentage and the like, would add an extra depth into the variety of messages you would receive.

As far as I understand, the headlines and articles have taken a revamp in the new game with you being able to subscribe to certain leagues etc. to follow those more closely. I agree the press conference should be improved, but I think it was more of a placeholder for FM09 and will definately be one of the things that will be improved. Maybe the improvements to the Assistant Manager will help that. Maybe in the staff meetings they will have a word or two to you about the effects on your squad following the press conferences.

I liked all the ideas about player, captain, fan interaction. The more interaction the better I say (or at least the option of it).

As for what I most hope for in new versions. It was an overhaul on the tactics and training, which seemed dated and in the case of training very limited. They have already changed the tactics system and I can't wait to see how that turns out and I have seen a couple of screenshots with some interesting snippets about 'movement training' and 'defending training' so it would seem that something has happened with that too. Fingers crossed anyway.

In my long term game I've seen Real Madrid accumulate a club wealth of well over £1 billion. Now obviously that can't all be based on the valuation of their players and I discovered they had an extraordinary amount in the bank.

The problem for me is, RM very rarely used their incredible wealth. They did not pursue the best players (In that save file I had probably the most dominant player I've ever had the pleasure of managing in the FM series, he was ignored by every club as if he wasn't worth even enquiring or making an offer for).

We've seen RM pursue the very best even when they don't actually have the money so I must stress the importance that the AI be willing to pay for the top players. Particularly when it concerns newgens. They never seem to buy the absolute best and when they do try, they aren't aggressive enough in acquiring them.

I understand the AI won't want to be willing to pay a certain amount but when they've got the funds to strengthen themselves, they really should use it and not horde it where it is of no use to them.

Regarding the loans, you can always pay them back immediately in real life. Imagine owning a house you haven't payed off yet and you were unfortunate enough to buy it just before the market crashed. You're then sitting on a house that's worth much less than the loan you're paying off. Then you win the lottery but are told by the bank you're not allowed to pay for your house. Sounds a bit silly, doesn't it?

The game's financial sides are completely ******** anyway, so although it would be nice to actually pay the debt off, it doesn't really matter in most cases. With my Inter team, I had a transfer budget of 1 billion DKK after 2 seasons. In currency as of today, that's a budget of 117,377,987 GBP or 134,702,660 euro. And that doesn't take into account that I already had virtually the best players in the world on my team and a plus of around 5 million DKK (586,889 GBP/673,513 euro) on my wage budget. Personally, I think that there needs to be less inflation in the financial sectors and that the players' actual value should be somewhat useful. Frankly, no one outside the most obscenely rich (I'm looking at you, Real Madrid) pay much more than what the players are worth and if they do, it usually includes some developing or backup player to switch clubs, so the actual money transfer stays around the player's value.

TOO SELECT A PLAYER ITS TOO EASY IN FM2009 :

Who is saying that the player you want to buy is having 20 in marking, 18 in heading etc : THE SCOUT

So if the Scout is not so good, why we should see the REAL stats.

In fact, the stats of each player should depend on several parameters :

- time for scouting

- the scout performance

- time in club to see the player training, playing after you hire him.

CONCLUSION :

- we should have variance in the stats

Any club can make misatke in hiring players, so FM2011 should inlcude this reality of Player Knowledge

ANOTHER POINT ( IN TRAINING ) :

The stars ( performances indicators ) in training should not exist.

Why to make the system so easy, in reality there is no stars for evaluating the training parformances.

Make the game realistic, it's not not easy to become a football manager !!! ( we want REALITY )

I would REALLY like to see a champions league qualification option when choosing your budgets because the difference between continental qualification (ie. qualifying for europa league) and title challenge is massive. This is especially needed for teams like tottenham, villa and everton where the aim at the start of each season is to break the top 4 and get champions league football (ie. more than just getting continental competition but less than a title challenge.)

Also, having this option would stop the problem you get when you play with teams like Arsenal. The board say they want champions league qualification at the start of the season. However, with your budget options, if you select Continental Qualification should be possible the overall season's minimum expectation drops down to just qualifying for the europa league, something that would seem a failure if achieved by the manager of Arsenal. However, if you then choose Title Challenge from the budget options you have to finish very close to the leaders to not come under pressure...therefore, either have it so when you select continental competition from the budget choices, the season's aim remains at champions league footaball and does not drop to just europa league, or introduce a champions league qualification option in the budget choices....

Any thoughts?

In FM2009, the hidden stats are interesting but it's not enough, as when you hire the player, you see the player stats as it is in fact as he entire the club.

So as in reality, a manager can make a mistake and this mistake can be discover after months.

It will be a big evolution to create this dynamic stats of each new player in evaluation by the scout.

The knowledge of each player depend on time and the staff performance.

The real stats should appear after maybe 6 months, slowly slowly with experience and time.

If you decide to scout a player for 6 months you will know better a player but you take the risk that another club will hire him before you, so it will be more exciting.

THINK ABOUT IT PLEASE.

TOO SELECT A PLAYER ITS TOO EASY IN FM2009 :

Who is saying that the player you want to buy is having 20 in marking, 18 in heading etc : THE SCOUT

So if the Scout is not so good, why we should see the REAL stats.

In fact, the stats of each player should depend on several parameters :

- time for scouting

- the scout performance

- time in club to see the player training, playing after you hire him.

CONCLUSION :

- we should have variance in the stats

Any club can make misatke in hiring players, so FM2011 should inlcude this reality of Player Knowledge

In FM2009, the hidden stats are interesting but it's not enough, as when you hire the player, you see the player stats as it is in fact as he entire the club.

So as in reality, a manager can make a mistake and this mistake can be discover after months.

It will be a big evolution to create this dynamic stats of each new player in evaluation by the scout.

The knowledge of each player depend on time and the staff performance.

The real stats should appear after maybe 6 months, slowly slowly with experience and time.

If you decide to scout a player for 6 months you will know better a player but you take the risk that another club will hire him before you, so it will be more exciting.

THINK ABOUT IT PLEASE.

You can basically do this by switching on the 'fog of war' option.

Not sure what exactly it's called (perhaps it is "attribute masking"?), but you select this when starting a new game and all stats are hidden for players unless you could reasonably be expected to know them.

So, Ronaldo's stats would be available to you because everyone will have seen him play on TV, but a 16year old in a different country with no international experience will have his stats hidden. To uncover his stats you will either have to scout him (with a more accurate view of his stats being revelaed the more you scout him), play a match against him or wait until he becomes more 'famous' (if he ever does).

I'd also like to see more non-financial negotiation/discussion when signing players. Currently the only non-financial negotiation point is squad status but I'd like this to be expanded to things like:

* Playing position . You could tell a versatile player that you are signing him to play as a striker, and he can tell you where he would prefer to play.

* Future prospects (when signing youngsters). You both tell each other how long before you expect 1st team action.

* Ambitions for club. For instance, this would have been a major part of the discussions Notts County had with Sol Campbell recently.

I'm sure there's loads more but in summary I'd like more football-related discussion to happen so both sides (us as managers, and the AI players) can decide if it's the right move to make.

I agree, but it means, anyway, finally, you don't make mistake because you will have the right stats, even if your scout staff is really bad.

I wanted to add the risk of mistake after buying the player, where you will not be sure during 6 months about his real statistiques, beacause you did scout him properly ( time, staff competences ).

Not sure what exactly it's called (perhaps it is "attribute masking"?), but you select this when starting a new game and all stats are hidden for players unless you could reasonably be expected to know them.

So, Ronaldo's stats would be available to you because everyone will have seen him play on TV, but a 16year old in a different country with no international experience will have his stats hidden. To uncover his stats you will either have to scout him (with a more accurate view of his stats being revelaed the more you scout him), play a match against him or wait until he becomes more 'famous' (if he ever does).

Yes, but if you scout a player with hidden stats, the stats that come up after scouting are his 'true' stats. I think what mighty mind was getting at was that the stats that come up should be 'in the view' of the scout. So in actual fact depending on the quality of the scout the initial stats may be plus of minus 4 (just as an example of the range) so a guy with passing 15 could show up as 11 to 19. Obviously the better the scouting and the more times scouted the smaller the range.

Also if your scout sees a player in a blinder his stats may be way higher than reality from first viewing. I think that is the jist and I really like the idea personally. Would even do it for well known players, so you don't see there stat improvements unless you play them or have them looked at, i.e. they will be the player you imagine them to be rather than what they truly are.

I'd also like to see more non-financial negotiation/discussion when signing players. Currently the only non-financial negotiation point is squad status but I'd like this to be expanded to things like:

* Playing position . You could tell a versatile player that you are signing him to play as a striker, and he can tell you where he would prefer to play.

* Future prospects (when signing youngsters). You both tell each other how long before you expect 1st team action.

* Ambitions for club. For instance, this would have been a major part of the discussions Notts County had with Sol Campbell recently.

I'm sure there's loads more but in summary I'd like more football-related discussion to happen so both sides (us as managers, and the AI players) can decide if it's the right move to make.

Really nice ideas. I like them a lot.

Archived