Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I've no idea if this has already been posted (given the large number of posts, it's unlikely not having come up, so in that case, I'm supporting it - also, damn thread search), but what I would like to see in future installments of the game is league and nation reputation changing the same way club rep does...in such a way that becoming the best club in the world from a small nation also means every player dreams of playing for you :)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club can earn lots of money from the friendlies or tours in Asia and North America. That is, when you, the manager of a top team in europe, arrange a tour to Asia or NA, you are able to ask for appearance fee. The bad thing is your player's training performance will be down during the trips.

- What about loan exchanges? When you're buying a player you'll have the option to offer a play on loan, kinda like there were rumors Barça would Loan Keirrison in a part of the deal to get Villa/Bruno Alves. Or you could also be able to make a Júlio Baptista/Reyes thing Real and Arsenal did a few years ago.

- Young players could have someone they look up to (some older player that is in the first team squad, or maybe even someone from another club), so their stats will grow to be more like the stats of their idol (for example: if young player look up to "player x" that has a high passing attribute, then he would focus on improving his passing more, so he can be more like his idol). Just don't make it too gay, just a small note on the player personal information thing saying "player x is a player Y wannabe" (or however you wish). And you can't choose who he should look up to, as it would work differently to player tutoring.

- Please, fix AI manager player selection, and also their use of subs. I won't say improve transfer market as i know it's something you guys are working on every year, but at least fix AI clubs buying players for huge amount of money and then not playing them, and to make things worse sometimes (in most cases maybe) they somehow manage to sell them after 6 months or so for a even higher fee that they have paid for the player, eventhough the guy was barely playing.

- And finally, slightly more injuries and slightly more chance of a player getting medium term injuries (2-3 months) and long term injuries (+5 months)

Inflation:

When manage Man Utd or other big clubs, you'll find that after 10 years or even sooner, your club have enough money to buy every good player you want. That's just impossible in the real world.

Ok, probably most of that has been mentioned before but...

1) More dynamic managers "market". Contracts are just not working well enough, as managers tend to get sacked ONLY in case they fail miserably, while in real life the managerial turnover is much more lively, almost chaotic.

Sir Alex Ferguson and his 20+ years run at ManU is the EXCEPTION, but in FM it looks like it's the rule. Especially mid-table and lower divison teams change managers very often. And even Top Dogs do change managers.

Moreso, the human player isn't really given any reason to reject the default renewal... Instead the board could just decide it's time for a change, despite winning left and right every year.

2) The value system and the transfers market need some tweaking. Clubs asking for £80 millions for Modic or Vela is total exaggeration, while other equally good players will leave on Bosman's Rule, or for < £10M.

2b) "Old Geezers Bias" has to stop. Top Clubs will rarely splash out big money on a 29/31 years older.

2c) No more Random Compulsive Shopping by Top Clubs. With very few exceptions, a club which already has 3 quality strikers will invest money in order to sign two more £15M stikers... who will inevitably sold for small change when unhappy, just a few months later

3) More "homecoming market". A player who's been abroad for a while should be more keen to come back home, especially if he's being sold as "surplus" and he basically failed to establish himself in a bigger league. Instead they end up in random places like Sofia, Tel-Aviv etc.

4) What about real-time in-game interaction with players? Oh, and it shouldn't take 5 minutes and the ball out of play to tell the team "all out attack" or "stop shooting from 40 yards out"...

5) Better scouting

6) Less emphasis on CA/PA, especially for non-players. A 20 judging potential scout should be great at that, regardless of his CA stat...

1) More dynamic managers "market". Contracts are just not working well enough, as managers tend to get sacked ONLY in case they fail miserably, while in real life the managerial turnover is much more lively, almost chaotic.

Sir Alex Ferguson and his 20+ years run at ManU is the EXCEPTION, but in FM it looks like it's the rule. Especially mid-table and lower divison teams change managers very often. And even Top Dogs do change managers.

Moreso, the human player isn't really given any reason to reject the default renewal... Instead the board could just decide it's time for a change, despite winning left and right every year.

I'd like to see that, but that would **** alot of people. And i don't see SI willing to give us more options before we start a game such as "Sacking frequency" or difficulty level/game mode.

- Coach Training level suggestions, if I'm training too much/ too little a player I'd like to see suggestions from my 19 skill coach, maybe make them more accurate if the skill is high enough?

- Getting scout reports from your own players. ussually the Judge Ability, and Judge potential is higher from my scouts, but I can't find any way to ask him what does he thinks of my player.

- being able to design my own set pieces, or at least more positions (front left/right side left/right) if I'm shooting from the front of the goal, I want to select someone that can shoot, but from one side, or when is too far, I want to select someone that can cross

The ability to say what your ambitions are by the end of your contract as well as your seasonal ambitions. i.e. "Manager X has just been awarded a four year contract on £22,500 a week. He has said that, by then, he hopes to be competing for a champions league spot"

Also, anyone ever got a stadium upgrade that they're disappointed with? You should be able to chat to the board about it -

We have a budget of £125m for this. Do you want:

a) a 50,000 seater with no capacity for expansion

b) a 40,000 seater with 60,000 potential

etc.

Or "for every £10m you generate in transfers by the xth of June, we will be happy to add £5m to the stadium budget"

Or "Bank Balance: £30m, Stadium Budget: £60-110m, Loan required: £30-80m"

Where you could allocate money away from the transfer budget for a bigger stadium, where you could ask for a bigger loan for a bigger stadium if your ambitions are high.

Of course with the option to pay off the loan quickly when you achieve your staggering heights of financial glory.

Too much?

I don't know if anybody mentioned it as I'm not a regular here, but I believe it would be fundamental for the football manager and it's series, to input scripts into the game, but I'm aware it would be very hard to implement, and it would be pretty basic at the beggining.

Scripts are basic commands for players, or the team as a whole, like "Do's and Don'ts" etc. They are almost the same as the command instructions in computer programing, basing on key words like "OR, AND, IF" etc. It is either a command for 1 player, or a command for several players, that are all connected to this one situation. "Scripts" can be interpreted as giving a complex functions to the players that occure only when couple or even more conditions are met. Obviously that cannot be made easily by the bars, checkboxes etc. because it affects directly other areas of the game.

For example, if I have 2 very offensive fullbacks and I don't want ever, for both of them to go forward, I will make a script stating, that "player A never goes forward WHEN player B goes forward".

Or by stating probability I can make a script that says "player A CAN go forward VERY OFTEN WHEN player B goes forward".

Obviously player A and player B can be anybody, it don't have to be fullbacks. In 4-3-3 it can be 2 side players, say left fullback, and left side midfielder. With script like that, I can order midfielder to under no circumstances go forward, when fullback is rushing forward. This way I make sure my left side is covered. On the other hand I limit my offensive options, but isn't it what manager is? OUR decisions, and WE make our game?

Other similar example? I have 3 midfielders in 4-3-3 formation. My deffensive midfielder is actualy very good at going forward, and have great offensive characteristics. I want him to rush forward often, but I don't want to limit my side midfielders to stay back all the time. I want to make a script stating that "If player A(DM) goes forward, EITHER player B OR C ALWAYS stays back".

Other example. Wingers switching position. I can make a script stating they switch positions, and player B takes players A instructions, but not reverse.

Other example. "When team A plays 4-3-3, play tactic A". "When team A plays 4-3-1-2, play tactic B". This way I don't have to switch tactics all along, everything is done automaticly and very dynamic.

How do I see it implemented? I have a screen with Scripts developing. I have a list of positions in my tactic, positions in a tactic of opposition, I have querry operetors OR, AND, IF, NOT etc. and I have key instructions, like "Going forward", "Shoting on goal", "Passing the ball" (later on passing short, direct, long), "switching position" etc. When making a script I just drag the proper boxes in the right order thus making a script, and voil la. With every passing year, only the list of key instructions would change/grown.

With this kind of scripts we would be able to tell our players do almost anything(with time) and make the game even more unique in terms of every person playing the game.

I think it would push the series incredibly forward, but like I've said. It would be very hard to implement, but they say they didn't built Rome in a day, and with the series coming back every year it can be easily enhanced starting from some basic options, and there is enormous pottential with this area.

cheers

I don't know if anybody mentioned it as I'm not a regular here, but I believe it would be fundamental for the football manager and it's series, to input scripts into the game, but I'm aware it would be very hard to implement, and it would be pretty basic at the beggining.

Scripts are basic commands for players, or the team as a whole, like "Do's and Don'ts" etc. They are almost the same as the command instructions in computer programing, basing on key words like "OR, AND, IF" etc. It is either a command for 1 player, or a command for several players, that are all connected to this one situation. "Scripts" can be interpreted as giving a complex functions to the players that occure only when couple or even more conditions are met. Obviously that cannot be made easily by the bars, checkboxes etc. because it affects directly other areas of the game.

For example, if I have 2 very offensive fullbacks and I don't want ever, for both of them to go forward, I will make a script stating, that "player A never goes forward WHEN player B goes forward".

Or by stating probability I can make a script that says "player A CAN go forward VERY OFTEN WHEN player B goes forward".

Obviously player A and player B can be anybody, it don't have to be fullbacks. In 4-3-3 it can be 2 side players, say left fullback, and left side midfielder. With script like that, I can order midfielder to under no circumstances go forward, when fullback is rushing forward. This way I make sure my left side is covered. On the other hand I limit my offensive options, but isn't it what manager is? OUR decisions, and WE make our game?

Other similar example? I have 3 midfielders in 4-3-3 formation. My deffensive midfielder is actualy very good at going forward, and have great offensive characteristics. I want him to rush forward often, but I don't want to limit my side midfielders to stay back all the time. I want to make a script stating that "If player A(DM) goes forward, EITHER player B OR C ALWAYS stays back".

Other example. Wingers switching position. I can make a script stating they switch positions, and player B takes players A instructions, but not reverse.

Other example. "When team A plays 4-3-3, play tactic A". "When team A plays 4-3-1-2, play tactic B". This way I don't have to switch tactics all along, everything is done automaticly and very dynamic.

How do I see it implemented? I have a screen with Scripts developing. I have a list of positions in my tactic, positions in a tactic of opposition, I have querry operetors OR, AND, IF, NOT etc. and I have key instructions, like "Going forward", "Shoting on goal", "Passing the ball" (later on passing short, direct, long), "switching position" etc. When making a script I just drag the proper boxes in the right order thus making a script, and voil la. With every passing year, only the list of key instructions would change/grown.

With this kind of scripts we would be able to tell our players do almost anything(with time) and make the game even more unique in terms of every person playing the game.

I think it would push the series incredibly forward, but like I've said. It would be very hard to implement, but they say they didn't built Rome in a day, and with the series coming back every year it can be easily enhanced starting from some basic options, and there is enormous pottential with this area.

cheers

Like the idea :) would be useful.

I would like to have some kind of random factor when it comes to scouting in the game. To me it's just too easy to grab the super players in the game, because the AI isn't anywhere near to being competitive enough in the transfer market.. In real life you see clubs making awful lot of bad transfers, even by clubs that have a massive scouting network working all over the world. In the game I rarely make a mistake when it comes to transfers, just get a player with the key attributes for the position, and for the most part you'll do pretty well. Or even better.

Perhaps the attribute masking feature could be extended a bit, so that you cannot see any exact attributes outside your league, and when you scout the players you'd see their attributes in estimates (how accurate depending on the scout's level of skill and the amount of time spent following the player). For example the scouted profile could have "shooting 14-18", and then after the scout has followed the player for a longer period, it would narrow down to 15-16. Obviously shooting is one of the easier attributes to measure, I think mental ones should take a longer time, and shouldn't be as exact as technical ones. If you don't like it and want exact attributes you could just switch the feature off and keep using the filters..

I haven't exactly thought it all out, perhaps there is a better way.. but I really feel something like this would make signing players quite a bit more exciting and challenging than it currently is.

FM Live-style manager RPG parameters.

Let your manager learn skills over time. Reputation then dictates the number of starting skills you can pick. This helps you 'build' a manager with more character and creates a better bond.

You've gotta be careful with this, implementing it might seem like a route towards one product and that would anger a lot of the FM fans that love the simulation side although i agree the career side of things needs looking at.

I'd love some control over pre-season. I want to be able to take my squad for a hardcore training break to Majorca while doing a tour of spain or something like that. I think pre-season is just 6 friendlies and then back into the action whereas it needs to be so much more.

Ok bear with me for these ideas.

Long term ambitions

Was a feature in 08, there were problems, but it had potential, needs to be brought back for FM10. I was Nice manager in FM08 and had a 2 year plan to qualify for Europe. The first year I finished midtable and the board were unhappy with my progress, and it said so on my board confidence page.

The 2nd year I won the league, but my contract expired and they didn't offer me a new deal :confused:, because they were still unhappy with the previous season's performance. If they were so unhappy they could have sacked me. Why let me stay, exceed all expectations then not renew my contract? That was frustrating.

More transfer clauses

As IRL there should be more transfer clauses to implement when signing a player. Teams can accept that there other ways to negotiate the transfer of a player without having to up the fee. You should have the option of sending the player back on loan for the rest of the season. If I'm Arsenal manager and want to sign Bolton's star striker and they're 18th, but right in the thick of the relegation battle they won't want to sell. His value is £7mil, but normally they would ask for £13mil. As it is January they wouldn't want to sell would they? So they probably ask for £20mil IRL. I as Arsenal manager should be able to offer £10mil to sign him, but say that he spends the rest of the season on loan at Bolton so they are not disrupted, but the fee is reduced as well to make up for him not joining my Arsenal team straight away. This works for both teams. I can pay less, see the player get first team football which he may not get straight away, while Bolton still get a decent fee, while they keep their star player during this important time and have more time to line up a replacement.

Another clause would be being able to sign a player, but instead of upping the fee I would like to offer the selling team one of my players out on loan to them for the season as opposed to have to sell him. I may not want to sell my player, but say I want to sign Bolton's striker immediately I could say I will pay them £12mil plus loan them Bendtner on loan for the rest of the season. This would benefit both teams again.

Taking out loans

IRL clubs take out loans, and I don't see this happen enough in the game. If I've been Blackburn manager for 5 seasons and done a decent job (kept them up, achieved midtable status constantly, won the F.A Cup once) the board should back me more so than when I first joined. I should be able to request they take out a £20mil loan to fund new signings as it is the only way I will be able to take the cub forward. This may happen if the club isn't rich already and needs extra funds. Of course it could go wrong financially, but then if I fail to live up to the promise of achieving greater success the club can then sack me. At the moment you can only negotiate within the club's limits. But iirc Leeds took out loans in the hope of paying them off with ECL qualification. It backfired, but you should have the chance in the game.

It is too easy to make money in the game at the moment, it makes it unchallenging so I would certainly like to see a stronger monopoly at the top. It is too easy to break into the top 4 in the EPL, so perhaps emphasize the difficulty of attracting top players and raising finances, thus increasing the need to take out loans.

:thup: here's hoping these features can be implemented.

I would like you to post new ideas about FM.

I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

Ok i have a couple of requests....

1) A system to set an individual players instructions (eg mentality, closing down etc) to within a predertimined distance of the team setting, So that when you reduce or raise the team slider, the individuals setting will automatically rise or fall by the same value ie he remains 3 clicks above the team value, etc.

2)A quicker, easier and less carpeltunnel enducing method of setting OI, for example being able to set closing down always for all MC, or show all wide players onto their weaker foot without having to set every players instruction individually. ps It would also be nice if my instructions automatically passed onto the oppo's substitute, if he is a "like-for-like" change.

Take this from FML... customizable filters for every menu. In his most recent FML podcast, Miles mentioned that feature in FML has had positive response and is used frequently.

Yes. It's an awesome feature of the FML skins that i keep constantly tinkering with. No need to be hacking the skin files.

I've always wanted to have a separate shortlist for staff, so you can:

1. Keep an eye out for staff that require high compensation, so you wait until they have less time on their contract.

2. Keep an eye out for good coaches who leave a club and are available on a free appointment.

3. Have replacements lined up for any of your staff that inform you that they will be retiring at the end of the season / year

4. Be notified when other clubs offer your targets a job.

Basically, the same shortlist as the player one but with staff :)

send assistant to play match, but use your tactics and team selection.

usually i only play the first few matches of the season. when i'm satisfied with my tactics, i always go for one-day-holidays just before every match until the next transfer window.

it feels more like im playing "director of football 2009" ;-] but i like it that way :p

Assistant Team reports. Unless it is Mike Phelan being a tool, these need a lot of work.

For instance, my left winger, Giovinco, scored 15goals, 18 assissts, Young Player of the Year. At the start of the second season, again it was insisted that Park be played on the left wing position and also commented the fact that he was a weak link and it is unlikely that "Reserve Player Name" here will be able to cover. Apart from the fact Giovico isn't mentioned anywhere, he doesn't take into account Nani or Tosic either. This happens all the time with mine and it's pain to get an accurate squad description.

Also, when talking to Media, there needs to be far more options when replying. And also, where they get their "Rumour has it, you plan to sign Chinese goalkeeper "Insert Name Here" who is dreadful and you've never heard of him before is beyond me.

Regards with the match engine, it really really annoys me that when playing against weaker opposition with a top 4 team, even after getting about 18 shots on target, the opposing goalkeeper turns into some kind of brick wall and let's nothing past him, even though he's conceded about 30 goals in 15 games prior.

Couple of ideas.

Let us bid for more than one person at a time, id like to be able to snap up a couple of youngsters from the same team for a set price instead of having to do separate bids for both of them.

I would like to leave my club on a high every now and again, it annoys me when i spend years bringing a club from the lower leagues and get them into the prem or camp and once i leave for a foreign club all of a sudden i am the enemy.

probably already mentioned.

add training camps

every or most clubs do them it add realism but they should also give your squad something back such as better harmony or improved fitness.

or during the season if you have a few weeks break in schedule you should be able to take the squad away for a bonding session

improve the training because as of right now its pretty much non existent to me and i feel like it does nothing to the outcome of the results.

multiple bids for players for a set price, im sick and tired of bidding and negotiating for 2 or 3 different players.one transfer fee for the lot of them.

Ok i have a couple of requests....

1) A system to set an individual players instructions (eg mentality, closing down etc) to within a predertimined distance of the team setting, So that when you reduce or raise the team slider, the individuals setting will automatically rise or fall by the same value ie he remains 3 clicks above the team value, etc.

I so want this feature. Right now it's such a pain when you want to increase the mentality of all your players by 3, requires 33 clicks!!!

Fergie said he knew Gabriel Obertan was injured when Man Utd signed him. So we should be able to sign a player even if he's in injury. We should be given a chance to make a decision: if his injury is very serious, like van Nisterooy, we'll give him up; otherwise, like Obertan, we'll sign him.

Fergie said he knew Gabriel Obertan was injured when Man Utd signed him. So we should be able to sign a player even if he's in injury. We should be given a chance to make a decision: if his injury is very serious, like van Nisterooy, we'll give him up; otherwise, like Obertan, we'll sign him.

That is already in the game. I've signed injured players before. I think it's the type of injury or severity that creates a problem during medicals.

Being able to control which youth players sign for the club. Constantly I see rubbish regens brought into the club without being given a say on who is good enough. Should be able to reject some without having to pay them off tbh :thup:

Sorry if this has already been said, but is it possible to code the league of ireland clubs to accept friendlies during there season like they do in real life. For example shamrock rovers playing real madrid, finn harps playing ipswich, leeds playing shels etc etc

This could be impossible,but sure i'l say it anyway. Regen faces are just that...regens. However of the millions that play FM,who wouldn't want their face to be in it!? So lets say everyone interested sends a simple face pic of themselves to SI. All put into one huge database. Totally randomly,a face is put to a random facegen.Your next regen could be your next door neighbour's face whom you never knew played FM. Obviously i'm not sure the realism of this,but Man,it would be nice to put a (real) face to a name!

This could be impossible,but sure i'l say it anyway. Regen faces are just that...regens. However of the millions that play FM,who wouldn't want their face to be in it!? So lets say everyone interested sends a simple face pic of themselves to SI. All put into one huge database. Totally randomly,a face is put to a random facegen.Your next regen could be your next door neighbour's face whom you never knew played FM. Obviously i'm not sure the realism of this,but Man,it would be nice to put a (real) face to a name!

They did this once before - you'd end up with some spotty fat kid as your 32 year old, 6 foot 7, 12 stone striker.

The generated faces now are much, much better tbh.

They used to do that but people sent in porn images and stuff iirc.

Plus as arsenal_2111 points out, the faces rarely matched the age or ethnicity of the player.

When you make a note to remind you something in the futrue, the game should stop at 0:00 of that day. But in FM09, the game's still going on and you may find that notice in your mailbox several days later.

A quick sim for league/cup/europe cups matches pleaseeeee.

It`s a must in all football games, some leagues are very long.

Yes, please - with the ability to set the initial line-up, but then AssMan abilities to dictate in game tactic changes, substitutions, etc (much in the same way we are led to believe every other non-user match in the game is calculated)

If this was included as an option, I would probably buy the game again. Without I unfortunately won't - I don't have the time nor inclination to spend hours on tactics or watching 'highlights', but still want to enjoy the rest of the scope of this game: scouting, squad building, etc.

send assistant to play match, but use your tactics and team selection.

usually i only play the first few matches of the season. when i'm satisfied with my tactics, i always go for one-day-holidays just before every match until the next transfer window.

it feels more like im playing "director of football 2009" ;-] but i like it that way :p

similar to previous post: this is what I was getting at - I would like to play 'Director Football 2010' :)

Tax should play a more important role than that in previous FMs. Britain, Germany, and Italy have a much higher tax rate than Spain. So if your club's wage is like 50m a year, you'll need to pay government another 50m.

Also, I think the transfer income is also taxable. But in the game, if you sell CR for 80m, you'll get 80m exactly.

Myself and my friend were having a discussion about players stats on FM and me came up with an idea about getting rid of the player stats completely. So with the stats gone, they would be replaced with player traits specifying their strengths and weaknesses like the same format of the scout report but with more detail. But you would only get to view these traits after scouting the targeted player and with more scouting, the more knowledge you gain about the player.

This would also bring the notepad feature into play. When you go to the match to watch the player you can make notes during the match and compare with the scouts assessment of the player then you can come to a true judgement how good or bad the player is.

This would in my opinion give the game more of a realistic feel and gives a bigger emphasis on scouting. As we all know Sir Alex doesn't go to matches and says " he would be a good signing as his crossing stat is 18 and so on " lol But if your just the casual gamer who doesn't worry about scouting, tactics etc then it could be a turn on/turn off feauture that could be used for your choice.

I welcome all opinions and criticisms so feel free to post them :-)

Myself and my friend were having a discussion about players stats on FM and me came up with an idea about getting rid of the player stats completely. So with the stats gone, they would be replaced with player traits specifying their strengths and weaknesses like the same format of the scout report but with more detail. But you would only get to view these traits after scouting the targeted player and with more scouting, the more knowledge you gain about the player.

This would also bring the notepad feature into play. When you go to the match to watch the player you can make notes during the match and compare with the scouts assessment of the player then you can come to a true judgement how good or bad the player is.

This would in my opinion give the game more of a realistic feel and gives a bigger emphasis on scouting. As we all know Sir Alex doesn't go to matches and says " he would be a good signing as his crossing stat is 18 and so on " lol But if your just the casual gamer who doesn't worry about scouting, tactics etc then it could be a turn on/turn off feauture that could be used for your choice.

I welcome all opinions and criticisms so feel free to post them :-)

tbf it's a game, I'm not sure most people would want to spend so long trying to find out how good a player is. Probably wouldn't work. The option for attribute masking is there though for a similar reason.

Just a very simple one, a master tick which activates or de-activates all of the invidividual player instructions for a given catagory, making it far easier to switch between global and individual instructions. This would save time on clicking every single tick in order for the players to follow the team instructions for say passing style.

tbf it's a game, I'm not sure most people would want to spend so long trying to find out how good a player is. Probably wouldn't work. The option for attribute masking is there though for a similar reason.

But thats why there would be a turn on/ turn off setting for this feature. This feautre would be perfect if you are a hardcore FM player who likes to focus on scouting and looking for players.

Archived