dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

aahaha, this game is just utter ***** sometimes. Seriously. Replay against Edgeware. No highlights in the first half. 2 highlights in the 2nd half, their goal and my red card. I was playing two in defence for half an hour, how can there be no highlights, especially on extended. Utter, utter ******** tbh.

Argh! Now the board despise me for calling the referee incompetent, even though the news article said I had a point icon_mad.gif

I thought that my 1st rount Santana Shield game was an epic, how about this:

Match Stats

I swear that my players must have hit every piece of woodwork on the pitch. The right winger hit 3 pieces.

The 3rd round pitches me against Chelmsford, who I managed in this challenge last year.

I am disapointed that we couldn't capatilise on the man advantage, but more diapointed that the ref didn't play the advantage for the professional foul that saw a Basingstoke DC go for an early bath after 10 minutes.

The "press" also thought that the match was breathtaking.

Well getting closer for me to take up the 08 challenge though right now I am unsure if I will jump straight over as I am quite enjoying my Gateshead 07 game in Dafuges and seem to have built a conference winning squad for 09/10 :p So looks like League 2 here we come, but then I wanna be playing with everyone else lol...Oh the messed up mind. I spose I could try and get Gateshead again seen as I have enjoyed them so much...

Chippenham Town End Of Season Update 09/10

This season has been one that Chippenham Town fans deffinatly wont forget.

After a respectable 8th place finnish in the 08/09 season rookie manager James Leedham

decided to go out on a limb and promise to make Chippenham Town Title contenders in for the

09/10 season. His ambition payed of with a small wage budget increase allowing him to bring

some new talent to Hardenhuish Park.

After some long negotiations with Parent Club Reading and some of last years Loan players he managed

sot re-loan star player Vicktor Illugason once again. Unfortuantly the promise of regular football

wasnt enough to tempt Cherno Samba and Hal robson-kanu to spend another season at the park.

After a promising start to the season Chippenham found them selves at the top of the table.

Dispite this start and a 12 game unbeaten streak, the lack of wins caused them to drop down

6th place and from there the started to slide further finding them selves in 9th place with only

6 games of the season to go.

After speculation about Leedhams Job saftey ge knew that those last 6 games where going to have to count

and they did, recording 6 wins in 6 games and scoring 17 goals. Despite not challangeing for the title they did find

themselves in the play offs with every chance of gaining promotion to the Blue Square Premiership.

League Position Graph

League Table

The Play of semi final was against 3rd place Newport county and the first leg was away at the

Newport stadium. In this tight game the two teamswhere only seperated by a goal from Chippenham

favourite Vicktor Illgason in the 94th minute.

First Leg

The second leg was at the Park and with a slight lead, chippenham where the favourites.

Craig Mcallister fired home in the 16th minute only to be answered 6 minutes later by john

Mcaliskey. Luke Ruddick then hit the net again for Newport and all seemed lost for Chippenham,

But the bluebirds werent finnished and in the 96th minute Craig Mcallister netted again to give

chippenham the win 3-2 on aggragete.

2nd Leg

Chippenhams rivals in the final where 5th placed Billericay. The pundits couldnt tell these

two teams apart but said if they had to go one way or the other Chippenham had the edge.

Chippenham once again looked to Vicktor Illguson to win the game for them but despite many chances

and the Iceland manager Sverrisson looking on, he couldnt hit the back of the net and it was up

to new signing John Morgan Of the British Virgin Isles to answer Louis Bells 42nd minute strike

which he did with a dramitic 86th minute goal. Neither side managed to find a goal in the last

few minutes of the game or the extra time the followed and the game went to the lottery of a

penalty shoot out. Despite being named as the BSS's "Worst Signing of the Season" Jack Smelt

became some what of a hero in those last few minutes saving the first 3 shots from billericay

meaning third choice penelty taker kevin nicholsons goal won the final and promotion for Chippenham.

Play Off Final

In the cup competions CHippening had poor runs in the FA cup and Setanta Shield going out in

the 3rnd Qualifing and 4th round respectivly.

Despite this there cup run hopes where not dead and they stormed there way to the final of

FA trophy after a nail biting semi final against coca-cola league 2 side cambridge, with a 0-0

draw aaway and a 2-1 win at home.

This left them facing Blue square premier 3rd place team, Burton Albion. In what was once again

a close game watched by both the iceland and Virgin Isles managers, Vicktor Illguson once again

shone and netted a last chance 90 minuteute goal.

FA trophy Final

In othe chippenham News Vicktor Illugason won the BSS player of the season as well as being the leagues top goal scorer and Manager James Leedham came second in the manager of the season competition, new signing and first choice goal keeper Jack Smelt was unfortuantly voted the worst signing of the season.

Player of the Season

Manager of the Season

Season Summary

All in all a season to remembered in CHippenham, and we look forward to what James Leedham and

the team can acheive in the Blue Square Premiership next season.

James Leedham's acheivments where rewarded with the addoration of the Chippenham Town fans

and a new contract until 2013.

Other random screenies

Manager Overview

Best eleven

Upcomming season expectations

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChelseaDaft:

Hi all

I am back.. Got my copy today so just in Holiday Man as we speak... I am determined to get this one right!

Welcome back, challenge veteran. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to be back! Thanks Dafuge and Jimbo!

Originally posted by MyNameIsJohn:

I still can't get Ramsgate or Tonbridge and reckon I am closing in on 500 restarts - god I am sad!

I have however just got Prescot Cables!! Think I am probably the first one - if so I'd be happy to provide the file. Yes my copy is 100% genuine!

There isn't a Prescot Cables save on the website, so it might be worth uploading.

Well I have downloaded a Prescott save from the site, but if you upload yours as well that could help as I have no idea how genuine my current one is...thanks John I decided I wanted Prescott a while ago, now trying to fight off the Gateshead pull. As my 07 challenge is going well. So I think I might just take Prescott and try to get some of the Gateshead players... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Well I have downloaded a Prescott save from the site, but if you upload yours as well that could help as I have no idea how genuine my current one is...thanks John I decided I wanted Prescott a while ago, now trying to fight off the Gateshead pull. As my 07 challenge is going well. So I think I might just take Prescott and try to get some of the Gateshead players... icon_wink.gif

Have a look at the Euro 08 results, if it is full of small nations then it was generated using a dodgy copy of the game.

quick question guys.... just got a new computer (Mac, after my last beloved mac died on me) .. but i've been playing FM08 on a PC. Do i have to start again, or will the .fm save transfer from PC to Mac ??????

IIRC, in 07 it transferred fine, but im not sure about this years...

Boreham Wood April 2009 summary. Conference South.

(A) Wood 1 Stortford 1.

Caddick.

(A) Wood 1 AFC Wombles 1.

Semple, Gilroy.

(H) Wood 1 Basingstoke 0.

Gilroy.

(H) Wood 1 Crawley 0.

Bailey.

(A) Wood 0 Eastbourne Boro 1.

Final league position 5th icon_biggrin.gif.

We kicked off our last league game of the season in 5th but were soon down to 6th as we conceded an early goal. We went back up to 5th as other results went our way before dropping again, this time 7th. We were unable to get the result we needed, (despite battering Boro for much of the game), but lady luck smiled upon us and both results went our way and we moved back up to 5th and therefore secured an incredible playoff spot.

Our prize is a 2 legged knock-out against Ebbsfleet who look like they should have been champions. It was us that robbed them of their title as we handed them their first league defeat about a month ago, only to see them lose to both the Welsh clubs since then. One of their top strikers, (Luke Moore), is injured and I am hopeful that the 22 goal man will miss both legs.

This is where I earn my money............

The playoffs await icon_wink.gif.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

When you're not too busy do you fancy doing a bit of an "idiots guide" walk-through for downloading and installing graphics packages.

I've had a look in the past and it completely passed me by but I'm thinking of jazzing up my game a little.

Just catching up on the thread, I can't believe my eyes! Jimbo is going to install graphics? He's drunk, he must be drunk.

excuse my over-excitement, but after 9 games as worksop i'm still unbeaten, and...

Worksop top of League!!

gotta say i'm blown away with my success so far, considering i had no players at the club when i arrived. i know it's only 9 games, but i'm chuffed and my girlfriend doesn't share my enthusiasm.....

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Gutted

That's the second full back my chairman has sold.

He was rather good as well icon_frown.gif

Man that's gotta hurt icon13.gif

Bet your finances look ok though icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My finances were ok, I had about £100k and I'm making a profit every month.

As promised last night, my half season has just come around and thought i'd do my half season review

Mangotsfield United - January 1st 2009 - Conference South

As originally mentioned, having had a nightmare trying to get players of any sort of quality, I did eventually manage to prize a couple of defenders my way, but not much in the way of a strikeforce.

As you can see from the past position graph my season started slowly, with barely no goals scored, but hardly any goals conceded. I made my team play to their defensive strengths, and trying to catch teams on the break.

Having had a little whing

Bedford Town - Blue Square South Pre-season 09

So i was trying to build on my relative success of last year, but a lot of quality, including my keeper went back to my parent club, petervorough, where they were released. and no longer interested in lower league football...

So I ended up with a couple more loanees and about 10 free tranfers. I felt I had really built on my success, but these were my results:

Bedford 0 - Peterborough 5

Ok, so I never expected to win, but it was a pretty poor performance. 1 shot on target.

Bedford 0 - Lewes 2

Much closer, but then it should have been really. I never looked like scoring. 2 shots on target.

Bedford 0 - Corinthian-Casuals 2

My own little feeder club kicked my butt. I had one shot on target.

Dunstable 1 - Bedford 0

Oh. My. God. No shots on target.

Bedford 0 - Kettering 4

And my nightmare is complete. I dominated this one with 5 shots on target.

So to summarise

P 5 W 0 D 0 L 5 F 0 A 14

And only 9 shots on target in 5 games. I've got my first game of the new season away at Welling in 4 days. I'm over wage budget and worried...

As promised last night, my half season has just come around and thought i'd do my half season review

Mangotsfield United - January 1st 2009 - Conference South

As originally mentioned, having had a nightmare trying to get players of any sort of quality, I did eventually manage to prize a couple of defenders my way, but not much in the way of a strikeforce.

As you can see from the past position graph my season started slowly, with barely no goals scored, but hardly any goals conceded. I made my team play to their defensive strengths, and trying to catch teams on the break.

Having had a little whinge last night about being unable to sign no players on loan, a little bit of perciverience payed it's due and

rewarded me with him and him

Since the signing of these two players, you can see the uprise in my teams fortunes as now conceding even fewer and with artus scoring for fun from the attacking midfield role. Seems hard to believe that two players can make so much difference to the team but this shows differntly.

My current squad doesnt compete in terms of quality of some of the other teams, but a strong work ethic in the team makes sure we're still competing even going into the new year.

Cup competitions were nothing to shout about with early exits in all, with manager concentrating solely on the league.

Hopefully it'll be onwards and upwards for Mangotsfield and their manager Michael Sergent, and another review will be along tomorrow with an end of season review, with positive results *fingers crossed*

One can always hope eh??

Thought I would post this for Jimbo,A Certain Mr Wilson and wanted to see what he thinks I should do, have got a fair idea though!!

Hope everybodies having fun in the challenge, as I know I am, and cant wait to get cracking again in the morning icon_biggrin.gif

Archived