dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

dafuge (or anyone else). When you're not too busy do you fancy doing a bit of an "idiots guide" walk-through for downloading and installing graphics packages.

I've had a look in the past and it completely passed me by but I'm thinking of jazzing up my game a little.

Thanks in advance icon14.gif.

Sure.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Go out and find graphics. I find the best places are the forums of sites like sortitoutsi and fmglive

<LI> Create a folder called 'graphics' here: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics, you might then want to put folders inside it for kits, logos etc.

<LI> Unzip your downloaded content and put it into the graphics folder, it is up to you how you organise it.

<LI> In your game, go to 'preferences - display and sound', untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'reload skin on confirm'. Once you have confirmed it and the game has loaded the new graphics, you can go back and change it to how it was to make loading quicker.

<LI> Do not try to mess with the graphics.fmf file in program files, it might knacker your game

I think that's about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great!!! My screen turned all white except for a few letters and numbers...and the game crashed.. hopefully i won´t have to play to many mathes again...

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Sorry for the hassle dafuge but the three links you posted don't work. Not sure if you have another link or not? Even if you don't this is just to let you know they no longer work. icon14.gif

That's odd, they seem to be working fine for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Ryman league one seems to work, but the other two don't for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there is anyone that wants the kits from those two links that aren't working, let me know. I'll download them now and e-mail them to you later on.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

dafuge (or anyone else). When you're not too busy do you fancy doing a bit of an "idiots guide" walk-through for downloading and installing graphics packages.

I've had a look in the past and it completely passed me by but I'm thinking of jazzing up my game a little.

Sure.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Go out and find graphics. I find the best places are the forums of sites like sortitoutsi and fmglive

<LI> Create a folder called 'graphics' here: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics, you might then want to put folders inside it for kits, logos etc.

<LI> Unzip your downloaded content and put it into the graphics folder, it is up to you how you organise it.

<LI> In your game, go to 'preferences - display and sound', untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'reload skin on confirm'. Once you have confirmed it and the game has loaded the new graphics, you can go back and change it to how it was to make loading quicker.

<LI> Do not try to mess with the graphics.fmf file in program files, it might knacker your game

Great!!! My screen turned all white except for a few letters and numbers...and the game crashed.. hopefully i won´t have to play to many mathes again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you try to open the graphics.fmf file?

Everytime i score, the opposition does straight from the kick off icon_frown.gif, my players can only last for one goal then they just fall over and die.

Getting a healthy average attendance of 700 though icon_wink.gif and my 20 season ticket holders must be enjoying the ride in 19th place icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tyler_Durden:

Sure.

Great!!! My screen turned all white except for a few letters and numbers...and the game crashed.. hopefully i won´t have to play to many mathes again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you try to open the graphics.fmf file? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no but I put it in the program files folder instead my documenents...oh silly me! Well i working now.... Have to play my FA cup qual 3rd round match against corby one more time...hopefully i´ll win again a get a little more luck in the draw this time...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Sorry for the hassle dafuge but the three links you posted don't work. Not sure if you have another link or not? Even if you don't this is just to let you know they no longer work. icon14.gif

The Ryman league one seems to work, but the other two don't for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there is anyone that wants the kits from those two links that aren't working, let me know. I'll download them now and e-mail them to you later on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd quite like them please. Really only after the Guiseley kits, but will happily add them all if you send both folders over.

Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409

The Ryman league one seems to work, but the other two don't for me.

If there is anyone that wants the kits from those two links that aren't working, let me know. I'll download them now and e-mail them to you later on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd appreciate them, if at all possible.

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

I'd quite like them please. Really only after the Guiseley kits, but will happily add them all if you send both folders over.

Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep all three for me please dafuge! Thanks!

Originally posted by jsar:

hmm dld them and put them in said folder set the prefernces and saved/quit the game and restarted and still look the same icon_frown.gif

you dont need to quit and reload. when you click 'confirm' it should load all the graphics...

Oh god.

I actually want to be sick. So here i am - turn on FM cant wait to start what will be the toughest challenge ever.

You guessed it - I load up the game, everything is fine. Chris Billy - manager of NOBODY! Why am i still unemployed - i look at the date. 18th June! What the ****!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Gonna have to keep reloading now till i get them again or maybe i will have to do with a 800 rep side. What is the lowest rep side that has been uploaded? if its minus 800 maybe i will just do with it.

Man, I feel sick.

Oh and NUFCSean, good to see, haha, lets pray for the future! icon_biggrin.gif

Hednesford - Blue Square North - End of season 08/09

In My first season I want to aleast make a mid table finsh but as the season went on I could see the play-offs

Well after a long first season here is the final Table

there is no button for the table graph so can't post it (what a shame icon_mad.gif)

Manager overview Team

here is the teams confidence pages Competitions

Finance

Summary

best rated player

Most valued Player

Team info

as you can see I have to improve the team finance so lets hope they give me a bigger buget

I'll buy 1 or 2 players in defence as thats the worst part but I'll try to get my team to gel

ps how you get rid of the white bit on the kits thanks

Originally posted by ChrisBilly07:

Oh god.

I actually want to be sick. So here i am - turn on FM cant wait to start what will be the toughest challenge ever.

You guessed it - I load up the game, everything is fine. Chris Billy - manager of NOBODY! Why am i still unemployed - i look at the date. 18th June! What the ****!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Gonna have to keep reloading now till i get them again or maybe i will have to do with a 800 rep side. What is the lowest rep side that has been uploaded? if its minus 800 maybe i will just do with it.

Man, I feel sick.

Maybe it was all a dream?? Who were you anyway?

thats what i figured but doesnt seem to have worked so quit and reloaded as a just in case. if any one has just the chippenham kit and logo etc mayB i they could put it up and ill try with just that one as the 3 packs dont seem to be doing anything icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChrisBilly07:

Oh god.

Man, I feel sick.

Maybe it was all a dream?? Who were you anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I WAS Swindon Supermarine, but for no reason my 'save' obv hasnt worked!

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Hednesford - Blue Square North - End of season 08/09

In My first season I want to aleast make a mid table finsh but as the season went on I could see the play-offs

Well after a long first season here is the final Table

there is no button for the table graph so can't post it (what a shame icon_mad.gif)

Manager overview Team

here is the teams confidence pages Competitions

Finance

Summary

best rated player

Most valued Player

Team info

as you can see I have to improve the team finance so lets hope they give me a bigger buget

I'll buy 1 or 2 players in defence as thats the worst part but I'll try to get my team to gel

ps how you get rid of the white bit on the kits thanks

Solid season mate, good luck for the next. Out of interest how did you get Mustapha Hadji?! You couldn't have scouted him so was he on a free??

Originally posted by ChrisBilly07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChrisBilly07:

Oh god.

Man, I feel sick.

Maybe it was all a dream?? Who were you anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I WAS Swindon Supermarine, but for no reason my 'save' obv hasnt worked! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, I remember reading your original post...unlucky pal. Good luck in getting them back again. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Barnsley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Some people are flying through the seasons! I've only just got to January 2009! icon_cool.gif

lucky you!! i'm only in September 2008!! icon_frown.gif and i've been playing for hours... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not about whos quickest guys, its how much you enjoy it icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh i know it isn't a race, and i am enjoying it. just slightly irritating seeing people further on in the challenge!! ha ha. icon_biggrin.gif jealousy...

Here we go, at the mercy of UBB code and Imageshack:

Life at the New Manor Ground

2008/09 in the Blue Square North, Pre-season and August update

My Profile

With little in the way of existing players and no staff, this was going to be tough. Before we'd kicked a ball in practise, never mind anger, the Chairman made it that little bit more difficult.

At least he only wanted Consolidation over two seasons, whilst the media expected us to be finish in 19th by some miracle.

Signing players is a bit of a lottery in this situation, but 19 brave souls were cajoled into joining up in time for preseason, along with a coach, physio, scout and ass man.

Pre Season

Was a bit of a disaster really.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">19/07/08 vs Northampton 0-4

28/07/08 vs Mansfield 0-1

31/07/08 vs Belper 0-4

04/08/08 at Fisher 2-1 (G: Owen Story (2))</pre>

Northampton was a write off really, as the players had barely met each other and were still struggling to run round the pitch once without stopping. Then we lost to our parent team (did I mention that our parent team is one of the worst in the football league? Absolutely useless.) and then got battered by our own feeder team 4-0. Only a 2nd half substitute striker saved our graces in the final friendly of the pre-season.

The only answer - find some better players. Or not as the case might be. Still at least we kept within our wage budget (Total Wage Budget = £2141, Current Wage Total = £2058). Did I mention my days are numbered as well?

August

After the humiliating pre-season, I didn't know what to expect from the first league game. Fitness-based training had finished, and more emphasis had started to be put on tactics, and especially defending. Altrincham made it easy for us, though, by having two men sent off in the first quarter hour, either side of taking the lead. We got a goal back straight away, but worryingly couldn't get a winner against 9 men. Maybe we should have concentrated on attacking a little more?

Our first home game, in front of 810 fans (wait a minute - 810 fans when we only sold 72 season tickets that's a hell of a pay on the day figure. Ilkeston must be boring as hell) saw us take a 3-0 lead in the first half, and go in all cocky at the break. Hinckley won the second half, scoring two and making stoppage time a bit iffy. A 2-2 draw at Kings Lynn (again, throwing away a two goal lead) was disappointing for the fans apaprently. They obviously hadn't been at the Belper game!

Bank Holiday weekend saw us beat Nuneaton at home 2-0 on the Saturday, and lose by the same scoreline at Redditch on the Monday. With only 19 "players", playing two games in 3 days was always going to be a big test. We finished the month with another victory, beating Farsley 1-0.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">09/08/08 at Altrincham 1-1 (G: Tom Clarke)

12/08/08 vs Hinckley 3-2 (G: OG, Anthony Charles, Dave Dixon) Att: 810

16/08/08 at Kings Lynn 2-2 (G: Matt Somner, Tom Clarke)

23/08/08 vs Nuneaton 2-0 (G: Danny Holmes, Owen Story) Att: 988

25/08/08 at Redditch 0-2

30/08/08 vs Farsley 1-0 (G: Tom Clarke) Att: 828</pre>

6th P6 W3 D2 L1 GD+2 Pts11

We're even returning a small profit at the moment!

It's a bit early to say, but star players would appear to be Striker Tom Clarke and DM Matt Somner. Midfielder Danny Holmes and defender Ian Monaghan have promise, but haven't really displayed it yet.

Originally posted by spankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Crazy cup wins ftw! icon_biggrin.gif

Also Knights' first goals since mid-December icon14.gif.

I suspect that your players might have been fitter then the Bromley players. I think that can tell at the end of a game and it seems to have been pretty even a match for 80 minutes.

I assume that Baidoo is on loan to you as well, he's my best striker for my Hitchin side even though he fancies himself as the next Johnny Wilkinson and balloons the ball over the bar regularly icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Baidoo is on loan for me, QPR also sent me Stefan Bailey who's now my best CM icon14.gif.

Shame ever since I sent him on holiday for a week when he needed a rest, Baidoo and Knights haven't been as prolific as they have been, but we're still top.

Originally posted by zutcorp:

dafuge, do you have a link to a kit pack for the conference north/south? Preferably one that contains Halesowen's kits. Cheers icon14.gif

Unibond

Southern

Ryman

Those links should cover all the clubs being managed in this challenge. I don't think kit packs for the conference n/s have been made yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the kitpacks from fgmlive arent online, nor have they been working well during the last week.

If anyone could up them somewhere else?

thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If anyone wants files hosted (or mirrored) im happy to put stuff relavent to the challenge on the website. Just email me it.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I'll upload the guide to the site tonight.

Again, if anyone needs anything hosted (for Dafuges Challenge) then I can put it on the site.

Im jst watching the clock at work till I get home and play icon_biggrin.gif

****Info for the website*****

I'm thinking of compiling a list of suggested players to purchase for this challenge, (and then sending it to Allan for inclusion on the website), and to that end I am accepting nominations for players who you think should be included on the list.

I don't want just a name, but also a reason why.

1. Super Kyle formerly known as Kyle Wilson. The N.Irish striker found fame when in addition to scoring the goals that took Jimbokav's Hendon team to the Premiership in FM06, he also scored the goals that fired a resurgent N.Ireland team to the World Cup Final in 2014. He scored over 50 goals for a N.Ireland team managed by the AI and scored over 300 league goals for Jibokav's Hendon in 2 spells at the club.

In FM07 he was by far more popular, (but less effective), yet still Jimbokav persisted with him and he still managed to score 100 league goals in an often struggling team.

In FM08 it is yet to be seen how effective he is, yet early signs of 20+ goals in the holiday season look promising.

2. Hark, formerly known as Jonny Harkness, is a utility left sided player of N.Irish origin who first came to light when he was a regular in Jimbokav's Hendon team that progressed all the way from Conference South to the Premiership in FM06.

He was a popular choice for a left sided defender/midfielder in FM07 and his ability from dead-ball situations enhanced his worth to many teams.

He really found fame in Gundo's challenge in FM07 when after joining Lisburn Rangers as a 29 year old, he went on to score 104 goals from full-back before taking the Ass Man role after 3 consecutive losses at the Qtr Final stage of the Champions League.

If I was to suggest a few possibles, they might be, Phil Younghusband, Daryll Knights & Fola with maybe a "legends" section being opened for the likes of Danny Roberts & Super Kyle.

What do you think?

Caused a bit of a debate with the post about arranging friendlies with foreign B teams icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not actually doing this challenge, just using it as a base for my game. If I had actually thought about it i would have realised that it wouldn't be allowed, oh well.

Love the thread though, and seeing how everyone else is getting on. Might have to start a new game and join in.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Hendon - Conf South - March 2011 Update

I'm guessing I must be doing worse than I thought for this message to come up. Never seen that before.

I have a feeling I may be sacked in the next few months. The board reckons I have no regard for money, and my performance in all competitions is below expectations.

where are you in the league then?

Originally posted by Phil1987:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Hendon - Conf South - March 2011 Update

I'm guessing I must be doing worse than I thought for this message to come up. Never seen that before.

I have a feeling I may be sacked in the next few months. The board reckons I have no regard for money, and my performance in all competitions is below expectations.

where are you in the league then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

15th. First 2 seasons I finished in a playoff position, so this is a bit of an anti climax.

Barnsley my lowest attendance is 152 in the league against Bognor Regis.

Matlock 07/08 - Conf. North

Just managed to get through to the first round of the FA cup, thanks to a 3-1 win at home v. kettering...

And since I´ll play either Harrogate or Newport Co. in the coming round at home, there might be a chance to qualify for the Second round!!! icon14.gif

Originally posted by andy139s:

i know i should know but hell the helll do you get the league position graph as i see people are posting these in their updates

id be gratefully for the help from anyone

Just click on the position of your club. ie. if you finish 4th, click on '4th' when viewing the league table and it should come up.

Archived