dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Joshisapoolie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Jimbo do you get offered any loanees from Arsenal and Watford?

Obviously I can't speak for Jimbo, but I couldnt get Watford or Arsenal to cough up any young talent in my Boreham Wood game icon_frown.gif

Don't think its possible first season.

Should be pretty useful in the future though, especailly Arsenal! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so the first season at least I can ignore my parent clubs and just pray I can produce anything resembling a team. Managed to sign a skeleton staff already, so I can at least have some judgements on my incoming lack of talent.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Barnsley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

Barnsleys Banbury Boys Robbed

Absolute Sh!te tbh - grrrrrrrr icon_mad.gif

There

Don't know what i've done to it tbh icon_smile.gif hope it works now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whys it not working ffs

Last Time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

Barnsleys Banbury Boys Robbed

Absolute Sh!te tbh - grrrrrrrr icon_mad.gif

There

Don't know what i've done to it tbh icon_smile.gif hope it works now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whys it not working ffs

Last Time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You love it really icon_smile.gif

Ha icon_frown.gif, guess i'l have to start this again won't i, i have a saved game up until june 15th or something so i dont have to holiday again icon14.gif

*hopes for exotic team this timeicon_smile.gif*

*goes in stress with fm and sips his tango*

I took the easy route with AFC Wimbledon, 2nd in the league atm icon14.gif

Originally posted by Phil1987:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MoongooseMcQueen:

What exactly is the day the island people come in the database, just for future reference?

22/05/2010 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get it, what island people icon_frown.gif

On a note of the reloading the saved games, is there anytime you holiday and AFC Wimbledon don't come up i mean come on ffs icon_biggrin.gif they take up a valuable lower rep team like Swindon S to come up icon_frown.gif i dont think ive seen one time where AFC havn't been promoted

Finally Howe breaks his goalscoring rut by banging in the winner in FA cup 4th round Qualification against the old enemy Burton. I dislike them greatly as they have been in the same league as me twice now- only difference is we are stronger than ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MoongooseMcQueen:

What exactly is the day the island people come in the database, just for future reference?

On a note of the reloading the saved games, is there anytime you holiday and AFC Wimbledon don't come up i mean come on ffs icon_biggrin.gif they take up a valuable lower rep team like Swindon S to come up icon_frown.gif i dont think ive seen one time where AFC havn't been promoted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Half the free transfer regens are from the islands (Antigua, British Virgin Isles etc) not really sure why but meh It's good for us! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Excellent update wisla_krakow. icon14.gif

Better luck next time Barns. icon14.gif

Cheers dude icon_smile.gif

Just reloading a few more times for a low rep club, if not i shall just take charge of someone less exotic and maybe have a better chance or winning this time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

On a note of the reloading the saved games, is there anytime you holiday and AFC Wimbledon don't come up i mean come on ffs icon_biggrin.gif they take up a valuable lower rep team like Swindon S to come up icon_frown.gif i dont think ive seen one time where AFC havn't been promoted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is kind of right though, I mean I'm walking to the playoffs with them.. they're a big team

Barnsley Re-Juvinates and Takes Charge At Witton

Im not a pro icon_frown.gif there over 1000rep but who cares tbh, still got no players and staff, and there name is pretty exotic

Profile - Yep, that is a fine specimin there icon_cool.gif

Hopefully better look this time round guys icon14.gif

you cold?

Barnsley Re-Juvinates and Takes Charge At Witton

Im not a pro icon_frown.gif there over 1000rep but who cares tbh, still got no players and staff, and there name is pretty exotic

Profile - Yep, that is a fine specimin there icon_cool.gif

Hopefully better look this time round guys icon14.gif

Better luck this time icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Quavis, hope you don't mind me asking, but are you from the US (or at least living there atm)?

From your post it sounded like you are, and that you received your copy of FM08 from an English store?

If so, which store and what type of delivery was it?

Looking for any signs of mine being here soon icon_wink.gif

AFC Hornchurch - Blue Square South - End of Season Four (2011/12)

Finally an improvement, after going from 10th, to 14th to 16th in the first 3 seasons of my game, I have finally found myself moving upwards. FInishing in 11th position after a run of good form was far better than what the media had predicted for us. My squad seems to have more bite after bringing in a fair few decent transfers in the summer, and confidence was high enough for the board to offer me a new 4 year contract. The major low for my season was that my influential captain Jonathan D'Laryea spent most of the season in the physio room, only making a total of 10 appearences all season.

I am extremely annoyed that the board will not let me have any money for transfers what so ever, despite getting the club a healthy bank balance of nearly £400k and never once going over my wage budget since I have been in charge. I feel like the lack of money to spend is the major thing holding me back at the moment, as many of my transfer targets are being snapped up by clubs with looser purse strings. Hopefully my scouts will find me a few decent youth and unattached players like they did last season, and maybe I can hope for a finish higher than 10th for the first time.

Guiseley - End of Preseason 2008 Update - Conference North

Right then! We're ready to get cracking! Brought in 21 players so far, with a wage bill of £1654/week, more than £1000 under our budget of £2672. I expect to bring in a few more players still before the window closes however.

Preseason Results:

Guiseley 0 - 10 Bradford City icon_frown.gif

Not exactly the best start, but I'd only signed 6 players at this point.

Guiseley 1 - 2 Leeds United icon14.gif

Clarkson

Delighted with the scoreline, especially as we finished the game with 9 men after two red cards. Leeds' finishing was abysmal, which helped us out quite a lot

Guiseley 0 - 2 Rochdale icon13.gif

Comfortably beaten by our parent club, hampered as none of our loanees from them could play.

Guiseley 5 - 2 Kidderminster icon14.gificon14.gif

Jackson, Blackley, Ellis, Clarkson x 2

Cracking result, destroying Blue Square Premier side Kidderminster. Hopes are now raised going into our first competitive game

I've appointed keeper Phillips as my captain, but he's now out injured for a month or two, so centre-half Jackson will deputise. I'm quite pleased with the squad I've assembled, and hope they'll be able to make a decent stab at the Blue Square North. Our first game is away to Tamworth, who finised 6th last season.

Board Expectations: Respectable league position

Media Prediction: 15th

Originally posted by Braumiller:

Quavis, hope you don't mind me asking, but are you from the US (or at least living there atm)?

From your post it sounded like you are, and that you received your copy of FM08 from an English store?

If so, which store and what type of delivery was it?

Looking for any signs of mine being here soon icon_wink.gif

Yep, I'm both American and living in the California.

Pre-ordered through gameplay.co.uk, which is where I got last years game as well.

There seemed to be only one shipment option for US there this year which was royal mail @ 4.95p extra. Total it ran 29.99p, which even it our cruddy exchange rate is only $62.86, well worth the hundreds of hours I'll put into it. The game shipped 10/17, so about a weeks transit time which is probably the best I could have hoped for icon_smile.gif

Yep, I'm both American and living in the California.

Pre-ordered through gameplay.co.uk, which is where I got last years game as well.

There seemed to be only one shipment option for US there this year which was royal mail @ 4.95p extra. Total it ran 29.99p, which even it our cruddy exchange rate is only $62.86, well worth the hundreds of hours I'll put into it. The game shipped 10/17, so about a weeks transit time which is probably the best I could have hoped for Smile

Thanks for the answer. Bought mine from dvd.co.uk and it says it shipped on 10/19 via Royal Mail, so hoping for a Wednesday delivery if as lucky as you. Enjoy your game ! icon_cool.gif

Seems much much harder to get a lower rep team this year. 34 reloads so far and the only sub 1000 teams to come up have been Chippenham x3, and Halesown x6. I cant wait for AFC Wimbeldon to get promoted IRL so they stop wasting a spot ingame :p

Of note: every sub 1000 rep team I've gotten so far has been coming from the Southern Premier Division.

Might just grab anyone for now and then restart with the patch. (closing down bug is huge for my ultra-defensive tactics).

If i can't get a sub 700 rep team, I'll probably go with either Staines Town or Leek Town both of which were used during last years challenge.

Stamford- Conference National - Jan 2010

Wow.

somehow we have clawed ourselves up to 12th through a series of lucky wins/draws. We lack goals and that is what I have looked to address. As the window opened on 1st Jan 2010 in stepped the man to carry the strike force.

Saviour!

He can shoot/head/jump/run. Better than all my current strikers already.

My scout liked him rating him as a leading league 2 striker with the potential to be a leading league one striker. Lets hope he can perform and get the goals we need to push on. icon_smile.gif

Played 3 matches so far and it's not looking good. 1 win and 2 defeats.

Can't seem to find a tactic that works.

On a different note; is Ian Scarr (referee) as card happy in your games as he is in mine.

So far he has had 2 games and he's shown 11 yellow and 2 red cards in each game. That's 22 yellow cards and 4 red cards in 2 matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Obviously I can't speak for Jimbo, but I couldnt get Watford or Arsenal to cough up any young talent in my Boreham Wood game icon_frown.gif

Should be pretty useful in the future though, especailly Arsenal! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep trying to loan those players who can make a difference to your team, you never know the loan offer might be accepted. Not only the reserves, but try some of the older U18 players.

It took until October for my parent club (QPR) to send me a player, but I did ask and got Baidoo for the season, well until his injury.

My parent club Bristol Rovers are constantly sending me players, every time I terminate the loans they send me two new players. In the first season they were quite useful but in the BS Premier they aren't really any better than what I've already got.

No. Nothing at all all season.

WIth that in mind I'm prety happy at finishing in the playoffs.

Shaymoose_86 - Guisely - Blue Square North Division - 2008/2009

Decided to give this a go this year so have plumped for Guiseley as they are just down the road from me so should be a good little trip at some point this season to see the real life team and tell them I can do better...fingers crossed.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5913/managerprofile21stjuly2ym2.png[/img]]Profile[/url]

Sorry guys, its 21st because for some reason my other profile image disappeared on my comp, will update with pre-season later.

Originally posted by Leeds_Oasis:

i want to start a new game as staines because i live right beside it , but even after many reloads they dont come up. do i just have to keep reloading an hope for the best?

Staines is a dirty word in this thread icon_wink.gif

Bedford Town - Blue Square South - Update

Well its the end of September in my second season and it looks like the preseason results were just a taste of thing to come. Its been a real rollercoaster ride leaving me in 15th.

I've played 11, won 5 and lost 6. I've won every game i've scored in.

The month finished with this gem.

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round

I suck...

Archived