dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Jordanknox:

So I just finished clear of relegation in league 2 so imagine my suprise when i see this

Then this

Then this

Fortunately Id saved it a few days before I was sacked so I loaded it up and then gave myself a new contract with FMM. Some may consider this cheating but I dont, I didnt give myself any advantage other than not losing my job beause of this stupid bug. Come on, How can I be sacked for not gaining a respectable position in the league 2 tiers below the one I play in?

Perhaps I'm reading that wrong, but I read that as you being sacked for being disappointing in League 2 and having nothing to do with the empty bar for the long term plan.

The board expected (or you choose at the start of the season) to achieve a respectable league position (which is higher than fright bravely to avoid regulation btw) and you failed to meet that goal. It may be a bit harsh, but what else can they do when they let the player set their expectations. If you could pick any expectation and then not hit it, we'd all pick win the league every time to get the highest budge/transfer fee regardless of where we knew we could finish.

Its somewhat disappointing that the 3 year plan being completed early doesn't help as much as it should (basically makes the plan pointless), but sacking has and probably will always be part of this challenge.

Hopefully other users will see this example and realize you really do need to be careful with where you pick to finish at the end of the season. Its great to aim high and make it, but the safe play is always to aim a bit low. They definantly won't sack you for saying you want to avoid relegation and then winning the league.

My condolences for getting the sack, but reloading and using the editor to fix everything isn't the right solution.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Quavis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jordanknox:

So I just finished clear of relegation in league 2 so imagine my suprise when i see this

Then this

Then this

Fortunately Id saved it a few days before I was sacked so I loaded it up and then gave myself a new contract with FMM. Some may consider this cheating but I dont, I didnt give myself any advantage other than not losing my job beause of this stupid bug. Come on, How can I be sacked for not gaining a respectable position in the league 2 tiers below the one I play in?

Perhaps I'm reading that wrong, but I read that as you being sacked for being disappointing in League 2 and having nothing to do with the empty bar for the long term plan.

The board expected (or you choose at the start of the season) to achieve a respectable league position (which is higher than fright bravely to avoid regulation btw) and you failed to meet that goal. It may be a bit harsh, but what else can they do when they let the player set their expectations. If you could pick any expectation and then not hit it, we'd all pick win the league every time to get the highest budge/transfer fee regardless of where we knew we could finish.

Its somewhat disappointing that the 3 year plan being completed early doesn't help as much as it should (basically makes the plan pointless), but sacking has and probably will always be part of this challenge.

Hopefully other users will see this example and realize you really do need to be careful with where you pick to finish at the end of the season. Its great to aim high and make it, but the safe play is always to aim a bit low. They definantly won't sack you for saying you want to avoid relegation and then winning the league.

My condolences for getting the sack, but reloading and using the editor to fix everything isn't the right solution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So in theory I should be ok despite my plan bar being broken as long as I get what the board expect?

Mangotsfield United - 08/09 Season - Blue Square South

A yo yo season, saw us 16th with 15 games to go and a 15 game unbeaten run saw us capaputlted up to 6th, missing out on the play offs by 1 point. Although with my early season aim was to stay clear of releagtion i can't complain.

League Table

Squad

Sorry advanced to much and missed my stats from last season, but what i can do is show you my best eleven which gives you the stats:

Best Eleven

My best players were:

Stefan Oakes

Suberb from midfield could pass the ball from anywhere to anywhere on the pitch.

Steven Gregory

Club captain and when fit easily slots in to the central midfield role creating something out of nothing.

Andy Caton

Top Scorer and Fans' player of the year, what can i say he is a goal machine and provides plenty of assists aswell.

Stefan Koffi

Most indemand player with bids ranging from 1k to 66k not bad for a Mk Dons reject.

Cups:

Setanta Shield - reached the third round before being knocked out by Dorchester.

Fa Cup - Reached the 4th round qualifying losing to Burton after a replay.

FA Trophy - Reached the 2nd round proper losing to Aldershot after a replay after holding them to a thrilling 3-3 draw at our place.

Aims:

To get promoted.

To bring in another good striker.

Add some pace to the side.

Setanta Shield North - Round 1 - 2008/09

What a game!!

Workington 3 - 5 Worksop

as the post-match report says, it was a great advert for the beautiful game...

Post-Match Report

as far as i'm concerned though, it's also a lesson in bad defending!! this match sums up my season so far. "we're gonna score one more than you..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jordanknox:

Then this

Then this

My condolences for getting the sack, but reloading and using the editor to fix everything isn't the right solution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly as I read it too. The long term progress thing definitely has a bug or two but thats not why you were sacked.

Then this

Then this

dont normally comment on other people's problems more the enjoyment factor, of challenging myself. If its a bug, then there may be a problem, but using the editor to me isn't/shouldn't be the solution.

Did they not offer contract negotiations in march?

sort of agree with quavis in that if your own expectation was too high, then maybe you have faced the consequences, aka leeds utd(top level) or rushden and diamonds/Telford(the best level!?)

anyway on a tangent someone will do well in the game to re-create gooners performance tonight. So there's a challenge for the future!!

can't edit pots...so consider this an edit...

*Note: if indeed the board confidence is bugged so that the board are reading it as you were disappointing in failing to make progress on the 3 year plan then all of us are probably getting set for the sack. It also sounds like something that will require a new game after the patch as well. If anyones read anything on the bugs forum keep us updated.

I apologize for sounding so mean, but I really want to make a point about not turning to reloading and/or going to the editor because something didn't go your way. That defeats the entire purpose of the challenge (not to mention breaks the rules) and most of us really don't want to hear it. It happens every year, and theres really not a whole lot we can do to stop it (except build Jimbo's list) but if your going to do it, I'd rather not know about it.

Every story is going to have its ups and downs. Keep us up to date, get us involved in your game. We will rejoice with you when its going good, and cry/rant/rave with you when its not. But if your not here for the spirit of the challenge, theres no real point. It will be just like someone who comes in and says they completed the challenge in 2013/14 (or whatever the fastest time possible is), but didn't bother to post anything along the way and we have nothing to connect with.

Halesowen 2008/9 Blue Square North Season Review

Predicted: 21st

Final Position: 3rd

FA Cup: 1st Round

FA Trophy: Second Round

Setanta Shield: North First Round

Our league form was pretty steady throughout, the away 4-4-2 tactic seemed to be working brilliantly and I was often beating sides by 2/3 goals. However I struggled during the season to find a reliable and solid home formation, losing by one goal in games we should be drawing, and drawing games we should have put to bed a while back.

Despite this problem we kept pace with the frontrunners and finished 3rd, securing a playoff place with a game to spare. Daryl Clare had been a great acquisition and combined with Paul Brayson up front, we had plenty of goals in our side this year. I had hoped we'd push for the playoffs and was happy overall that this was achieved.

Playoff Leg 1 vs Hednesford

The away leg left something to be desired but we had escaped with a narrow defeat. The pressure was on us to find a goal in the second leg.

Second Leg

Sadly it was not to be this season. After all our goalscoring endeavours throughout the year, this seemed to be a game too many for Clare and Brayson.

So despite not going up, it had been a successful season, we were going to be challenging next season and I could now tell who the real stars were in this squad, compared to the deadwood that had to be offloaded.

Transfers

Club Info for 2nd Season

Daryl Clare has become a club favourite and so long as he stays I will be backing us to push higher up the league this season.

Aims for 09/10

Make playoffs again - minimum expectation.

Improve Squad further.

Gain Promotion.

I told the board my expectation is to be promoted. This will either work, or get me the sack! icon_cool.gif

Then this

Then this

Well when i asked for a contract on June 16th they said yes and negotiations would get under way as soon as possible. The thing about being disppointed with the league position was there at that time. On June 20th the long term goal changed saying i didnt achieve a respectable position in conference south, shortly after i was sacked. What other option did I have than to give myself a new contract? If I had to start again the same thing would happen again and again. Its not like I changed the reputation of the club or anything and theyre still unhappy with me.

Btw, I have to call myself XaW84 on the website since I cannot have only 3 characters in my username there nor in the "Forumname" box....just to let you know...

Originally posted by iacovone:

Our league form was pretty steady throughout, the away 4-4-2 tactic seemed to be working brilliantly and I was often beating sides by 2/3 goals. However I struggled during the season to find a reliable and solid home formation, losing by one goal in games we should be drawing, and drawing games we should have put to bed a while back.

Despite this problem we kept pace with the frontrunners and finished 3rd, securing a playoff place with a game to spare. Daryl Clare had been a great acquisition and combined with Paul Brayson up front, we had plenty of goals in our side this year. I had hoped we'd push for the playoffs and was happy overall that this was achieved.

The away leg left something to be desired but we had escaped with a narrow defeat. The pressure was on us to find a goal in the second leg.

Second Leg

Sadly it was not to be this season. After all our goalscoring endeavours throughout the year, this seemed to be a game too many for Clare and Brayson.

So despite not going up, it had been a successful season, we were going to be challenging next season and I could now tell who the real stars were in this squad, compared to the deadwood that had to be offloaded.

Transfers

Club Info for 2nd Season

Daryl Clare has become a club favourite and so long as he stays I will be backing us to push higher up the league this season.

Aims for 09/10

Improve Squad further.

Gain Promotion.

I told the board my expectation is to be promoted. This will either work, or get me the sack! icon_cool.gif

Hi Iacovone

Unlucky on the platoffs - still a decent season and much to build on

Can you please let me know what sort of squad you had to start with Halesowen?

Thanks icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

Then this

Then this

Well when i asked for a contract on June 16th they said yes and negotiations would get under way as soon as possible. The thing about being disppointed with the league position was there at that time. On June 20th the long term goal changed saying i didnt achieve a respectable position in conference south, shortly after i was sacked. What other option did I have than to give myself a new contract? If I had to start again the same thing would happen again and again. Its not like I changed the reputation of the club or anything and theyre still unhappy with me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quavis, in my opinion jordan was right to do this. I was at his at the time when he got sacked and the board did say they would offer him a new contract, this was when the long term bar was full and the current league standing bar was low.

Then the long term bar went all the way down and he was sacked, I'm sorry but if thats not a bug i dont know what is. Similar happened on my game, however I won the league in the same season so they had to offer me a new contract.

*Note: if indeed the board confidence is bugged so that the board are reading it as you were disappointing in failing to make progress on the 3 year plan then all of us are probably getting set for the sack. It also sounds like something that will require a new game after the patch as well. If anyones read anything on the bugs forum keep us updated.

I apologize for sounding so mean, but I really want to make a point about not turning to reloading and/or going to the editor because something didn't go your way. That defeats the entire purpose of the challenge (not to mention breaks the rules) and most of us really don't want to hear it. It happens every year, and theres really not a whole lot we can do to stop it (except build Jimbo's list) but if your going to do it, I'd rather not know about it.

Every story is going to have its ups and downs. Keep us up to date, get us involved in your game. We will rejoice with you when its going good, and cry/rant/rave with you when its not. But if your not here for the spirit of the challenge, theres no real point. It will be just like someone who comes in and says they completed the challenge in 2013/14 (or whatever the fastest time possible is), but didn't bother to post anything along the way and we have nothing to connect with.

What would you do in this situation then?

Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Second Leg

Transfers

Club Info for 2nd Season

Aims for 09/10

Improve Squad further.

Gain Promotion.

Hi Iacovone

Thanks icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Aario, second season's not going too badly so far.

Here's the squadpicture from fairly early on in my file. If you look at the transfer screenshot in my previous post you can see who was there from the start.

In terms of ability, I often felt I either got lucky or players were over-performing for me. Possibly down to my tactics!? Even so there were some decent players that started there. O'Garro and Jay Denny were good midfielders for the division, although I think Denny was signed in the first season before I arrived. You definitely need to bring in a new keeper as Dormond was not up to the standard. Are you Halesowen too?? Good luck if you are icon14.gif

1st Season Round Up

Started the season with varying fortunes, thought I'd hit on a formation that would work but after three matches of a working formation we'd stop scoring have 3 0-0's then lose poorly. Looked at what the top of the table teams were playing as their formation and copied them. League progress was then steady but too late for the cup competitions, lower league clubs did for me in all of those.

Season Progress

So, finished the season in 5th place, last day win and Telford conceding a goal with three minutes to go meant that I was in the play-offs v Hednesford who had had a 100% record over me during the season. 3 - 2 away then a 0 - 0 draw and we were in the final against Boston.

Table

PlayOff Final Result icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

So, Premier League (Blue Square!) here we come!!!!

(Is there anything else I should be showing / telling you all about?)

Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master T:

Don't mean to be a pain in the bottom Alurny, but you give me any information on Balanta, because I'm close to punching all my strikers icon_frown.gif

He is good enough in the conference national icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Signed. Starting, i expect a hat-trick or its your fault. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

November Update

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Harrow 1 - 0 Hampton & Richmond

Jailow

Harrow 0 - 3 AFC Wimbledon

Hitchin 2 - 2 Harrow

Jailow

Osano

Hayes & Y 1 - 3 Harrow (Setanta Shield 2nd Round)

Ephraim (2)

Jailow

Rothwell 1 - 3 Harrow (FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Round)

Sheldon (2)

Jailow

Eastleigh 0 - 3 Harrow

Ephraim (2)

Jailow

Harrow 3 - 1 Dorchester

Mackenzie

Jailow

Ephraim</pre>

Well that AFC Wimbledon result made me angry. I unleased hellfire in the dressing room after that game and a few players were unhappy about it so I dropped them against Hitchin and had a far better performance, we hit the woodwork 4 times in that game. Jailow really stepped up whilst Hutchinson was injured. Every game we scored in he bagged a goal, Hutchinson is out for another month and if Jailow keeps it up he'll struggle to get back into the team to be honest. Mackenzie was offered to me on a free transfer, no idea why, probably something to do with him being transfer listed, majorly unhappy, and not good enough for 3 leagues above us, but I took him on trial, liked the look of him, so signed him. The Eastleigh game was his debut and he got two assists. Got an assist and a goal against Dorchester. Looks like he could do quite well for us in the place of the departed (icon_frown.gif) Maher.

Alright my game has finaly arrived, Untitled User has done is job and I have returned to manange to the not so mighty Marine (Tried a couple of reloads but was just getting the same teams over and over).

Manager Profile - I'm getting old, for the first time I can use my real age icon_smile.gif also not quite sure why being NIrish and Scottish gives me so much knowledge.

Rather worryingly is that dispite selecting a large database the only players I start with are generated youth players and no staff, though the game did feel fit to generate loads and loads of scouts with JPP&JPA of 1 and 3 icon_rolleyes.gif

Managed to sign myself two scouts with Judging attributes of 7-10, which makes them rather useless one of them cannot decided which Keeeper is better, my 16 year old or 15 year old one - In the first ones coach report he says Keeper2 is the best and Keeper1 is nowhere near is standard, but in Keeper2's report he says Keeper1 is the best Keeper and Keeper2 is nowhere as good. I think this means they are both useless icon_confused.gif

It gets worse when scouting some Keepers they come back with Keeper X is twice the player of my Keepers, great but they could at least give me a divisional ability, it also appears they don't reveal player attributes when scouting players icon_frown.gif

Though it doesn't look like I'll be at Marine for long as the board immediately start off wanting a mid-table position, and I can only offer to do better, not that they'll give me any transfer funds to win the league icon_frown.gif

They also want me to win some cup games this season aswell I'm so screwed icon_frown.gif

Americano's Martyr Tydfil

08/09 - Half Season

This is not pleasant, but it could be worst. I was knocked out of all the Cups and still struggling in the League. So far, I had avoided the relegation zone for a small margin of points. I hope it stays like that.

Almost all of my players comes from free transfers. The most successful one is an AM with virtually no stamina. He plays great first halves but then He just disappears.

A couple of my youngster are doing good, actually playing in the first team with some great performances.

What my fans had been criticizing is the lack of goals. I'll try to find some good striker in the next transfer window.

Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

Questions about a clubs reputation

1) I assume clubs reputations change as the game moves from season to season due to relegation/promotion etc?

2) If so how do I find out what my culbs reputation is at any given moment?

3) Could (should?!?) I have checked my clubs reputation before taking over if I didn't want my manhood questioned icon_wink.gif

I ask this as my game with Halesowen appears to be different to all the other games people have reported on here (started with full squad and staff etc).

The low frequency with which Halesowen get promoted implies that they do start with a reputation of only 900 but the squad I took over does not.

Could I have done somthing wrong in the game set up and can I check the current reputation of my team?

Reputation can be found in the game editor. Unfortunately I've never used it and can't offer any more than that on how to find it.

I wouldn't worry about having a slightly different squad than other people at the start. The manhood thing at the front was mostly a joke. This challenge is hard no matter who you pick. Its not a race or contest, so don't be discouraged if your having different experiences from other people. Most people have their own strategy or rules in addition to the set rules (for instance I won't take anyone on loan during the challenge). Other play by even stricter LLM rules than those set in the challenge. Feel free to share anyways and bring us all along for the ride icon_smile.gif Many people never come close to finishing the challenge (I've never passed league 1) but its sure a blast doing it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great post!

I have already surpassed my efforts from last year! icon14.gif

I really want to finish it this year then move onto Gundo's. I mainly did his challenge last year in Austria and it was good fun icon_smile.gif

Finding Dafuge's slightly easier this year but maybe that is due to me being a year more experienced.

Just a question for Dafuge are you still "unproven" as a manager? Surely getting my team to the Conference national and staying there would at least make me obscure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The manhood thing at the front was mostly a joke

No it wasn't, it was completely a joke icon_biggrin.gif.

There are no easy teams and no tactics that make the game easy and nothing but hard work brings you success, (unless you use the editor) icon_mad.gif. Loads of people play in their own little way and we all co-exist beside eachother in harmony most of the time.

We had a bit of a an issue with people bringing in talented foreigners, but that was dealt with by the "scout or trial rule", earlier in this thread we had issues with, "unrealistic money spinning frendlies", abusing flaws in the game, and I personally have an issue with the loaning of quality players from the likes of Bristol City to some carppy little Conference North/South side, (someone remind me to request that in next years challenge we limit a loan player dropping down to a maximim of 3 divisions), and also this year there seems to be a prevelance of people using the "no club" search to check for talented foreigners, (Islanders), and then getting them in on trial to circumvent the existing rule. I don't like that so I don't do it, that's not to mean that nobody else should either.

Anyone who gets anywhere near to completing this challenge without using the editor and without using a scouting tool deserves the utmost respect. I will spend a lot of time playing this game, (as I have done in previous issues), but let's be honest, whether or not I actually ever manage to complete this challenge is completely irrelevant as that is not what this is about. There is absolutely no competition between us and that is why we share info on tactics and decent players and we enjoy each others success. Gloating and bragging is allowed in this thread but be warned, the FM Gods see all and they always get their revenge.

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Second Leg

Transfers

Club Info for 2nd Season

Aims for 09/10

Improve Squad further.

Gain Promotion.

Hi Iacovone

Thanks icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Aario, second season's not going too badly so far.

Here's the squadpicture from fairly early on in my file. If you look at the transfer screenshot in my previous post you can see who was there from the start.

In terms of ability, I often felt I either got lucky or players were over-performing for me. Possibly down to my tactics!? Even so there were some decent players that started there. O'Garro and Jay Denny were good midfielders for the division, although I think Denny was signed in the first season before I arrived. You definitely need to bring in a new keeper as Dormond was not up to the standard. Are you Halesowen too?? Good luck if you are icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I am Halesowen - I recognise a lot of names there so it appears that we both (and I assume all other Halesowen players) started with pretty much a full squad of players which is strange (but helpful icon_smile.gif)

I agree that Denny and O'Garro are decent for the div. Junior Brown has been banging in the goals for me as well (when not injured!).

Stats wise Dormond looks great but I screwed up as somehow I managed to set him as my captain in preseason then when he was still my starting keeper I needed to removed him as club captain so I make some one with some influence my skipper and he got all upset at this icon_frown.gif I have now signed a replacement as he was playing poorly but I assumed this was due to my miss-management of the captain situation as (as I said) his stats are great for the division in my game.

Anyway - good to know you had the same squad as me to start with. I will post a half season update when I finally get that far!! In 5th at the moment - literally unbeatable at home but real chalk and cheese away from home......

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Wp Alex. icon14.gif

Knights still banging them in I see. icon_wink.gif

Indeed, doubt he can get 51 goals again this season, though it would be helpful if he could! icon_wink.gif

2 wins and a loss not a bad start, board wanted me to fight relegation, I told them I could do that, though personally I think we can push for a safe mid-table finish.

Chippenham Town, Blue Square South, 2007/2008

Mid-season(ish!) report

Well things are going quite well after a pretty slow start to the season.

Squad

Table

It's difficult taking over at a club with a reputation of only 900 and having no staff or players! My first job was to build up a backroom team. I felt as though I needed the advice of an assistant manager, a scout to help me find some decent players and coaches good enough to make an effctive training schedule.

Staff in

Staff

Not bad training levels for a Blue Square South side!

The next thing to do was of course to get some players in. Easier said than done when you only have a wage budget of £2,700 and next to no transfer budget. Free transfers it was then.

Transfers

As you can see, I got A LOT of players in, and naturally, it took a long time for them all to gel as a team, which meant that it took a while for me to get to going. I languished at the bottom of the table for a while whilst I played about with my line-up and tactics and tried to find the best mix. It was up and down for a few games and I couldn't seem to string a number of victories together.

Yo-yoing in the BSS

But I finally seem to be hitting a patch of good form now, and I hope to keep knocking on the door of the play-offs for the rest of the season, which will be good seeing as though Chippenham are a team who should probably go straight back down. I had a certain amount of confidence at the start of the season and told my board that I thought I could achieve a mid-table position in my first game in charge, I think i can do that, and maybe even better!

Board Confidence

Guiseley AFC - October 2008 Update - Blue Square North

Well, we've had a mixed start to our first season in the Blue Square North.

Things looked good when we won our first game of the season away to Tamworth, but they quickly deteriorated as we went on to win just 1 of the next 10 league games and crash out of the FA Cup to lower league side Fleetwood and then the Setanta Shield to Nuneaton.

But a change of tactics, from 4-4-2 to 5-3-2, brought a change in fortune. A 5-0 win away to Hyde was remarkable, and followed up by wins against Droylsden and Histon, and a creditable draw away to 3rd placed Southport.

So 15 league games in, we sit 12th in the league, with things seemly on the up. Annoyingly though, I've just been cursed with the Manager of the Month award, so I guess it's back down the table for us icon_frown.gif

All writing, no screenshots. So here's one:

League table so far

Originally posted by Aario:

Yes I am Halesowen - I recognise a lot of names there so it appears that we both (and I assume all other Halesowen players) started with pretty much a full squad of players which is strange (but helpful icon_smile.gif)

I agree that Denny and O'Garro are decent for the div. Junior Brown has been banging in the goals for me as well (when not injured!).

Stats wise Dormond looks great but I screwed up as somehow I managed to set him as my captain in preseason then when he was still my starting keeper I needed to removed him as club captain so I make some one with some influence my skipper and he got all upset at this icon_frown.gif I have now signed a replacement as he was playing poorly but I assumed this was due to my miss-management of the captain situation as (as I said) his stats are great for the division in my game.

Anyway - good to know you had the same squad as me to start with. I will post a half season update when I finally get that far!! In 5th at the moment - literally unbeatable at home but real chalk and cheese away from home......

Aario it sounds as though we should exchange tactics! I'm almost unbeatable away but very flimsy at home!

Originally posted by ScottishSteven:

Quick query, probably more for Alan than anyone else.

I don't see a section on the website for "Other Achievements" when you are updating your progress.

Am I missing something obvious mate? (probably am knowing me icon_biggrin.gif )

The only achievements that meet the goals of this challenge are the Premier league title and the Champions League, everything else is just a bonus. The website records these two events so it can track who has completed the challenge.

Love your location icon14.gif

Then this

Then this

OI JORDANKNOX BLOKE icon_eek.gif!

You have got to be feckin joking me icon_mad.gif!

The minimum expectation was that the team achieve a respectable league position in League 2 this season.

You didn't, so they sacked you. End of!

The long term expectations weren't an issue because you had already met and exceeded them but you had failed to live up to the expectations that you yourself set at the beginning of the season. You have to remember that this is a business and you wre given £xx,xxx do do a job and you failed to deliver. They are quite within your rights to show you the door.

You on the other hand, have absolutely no right to use any sort of editor and continue to post in here.

dafuge. Have a word icon_mad.gif.

[Where's my feckin list gone]

What would you do in this situation then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask dafuge about Staines icon_mad.gif.

A similar thing happened to me, but the board changed their mind, however Jimbo is right, the use of any editor is banned, however unjust the circumstances.

If you have used an editor than you can't continue to take part in this challenge, we can't make exceptions to this, there must be a clear line drawn.

I thought I had set a pretty good example last year when St****s sacked me for no good reason, after 19 seasons I accepted my fate and started a new game with AFC Wimbledon.

Could I suggest that you report your issue in the bugs forum and provide SI with a save game, hopefully this kind of thing won't happen after the patch.

8 matches in im 10th in bsn..

W 3 drn 2 lst 3

my key players would problary be Brian Cusworth, doing well as target man ! 16 heading 13 jumpung.. av R 7.13 2 goals and 3 assist in 8 games.

Another player would have to be my AMC Paul Jarvis.. looking real good and seems to have a lot of talent at 19 years old.

Any of you guys who use these two ? let me know how they are doing

Archived