FM2010 blog day 11 - data editor part 1

The way I understand it is you can make your own data update or download one plus also use several seperate league or cup competitions inconjunction with your update, thus mix and match whatever you want to use.

It was mentioned that if 2 of these used the same data then the last one would be the one used so no clashes thus no crashes. :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question for Miles.

Was the bug with "1 striker, 1 ofensive midfielder behind him" fixed this time around ?

I've posted it after I think the 2006 release, and the last FM release, and it still wasn't fixed.

This bug just kills the beauty of watching 4-2-3-1 formation in action.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=43055

ps. Keep up the good work.

Looking at the video it won't be too difficult to just remove a league and replace it with a new one, history might be a pain in the backside but have to say I'm looking forward to entirely restructuring Scottish Football with a more interesting take on Junior/Amatuer teams.

I love the new editor already, but I have a feeling that this will be a trial and error release when it comes to the competition editing, and the editor for FM2011 will be amazing. Also fantastic that there is possoble to merge databases. It would be great when someone makes the Japanese leagues with all the players, and you just can merge it into your own Database. Will make cooperation with updates hell more easy to.

There is of course potential to improvement as I think SI should work hard to make the things we can't do possible for FM2011, including the wash up (Kylie, I can live without), but I guess the adding team into MLS is something of a licence issue.

Looks great in some ways, but there seem to be a lot of unanswered questions and obvious gaps.

How will clubs from created competitions be put into continental competitions properly? Will the game recognize that they came from existing divisions in the database and handle them correctly?

Will the researchers or data experts from various countries be releasing league configuration files in time for the release, or will people be stuck trying to research league structures and obscure competition rules that are nearly impossible to find for smaller leagues around the world?

Will player and club histories still exist if a league is 'recreated'? Will player and club histories still exist if a new competition is created? What if those histories involve past competitions that were unplayable but will now be playable?

I didn't think I'd use this editor when i first read about it but now i have seen what its capable of doing i can see myself making all kinds of strange changes or having rules that make life as difficult as possible. Should be a lot of fun!:) Cant wait!

What the hell is the wash up?

I assume you are joking but just in case you are not.

Cant do the washing up means it will not clean your dirty dishes for you, you will still have to do this via a dishwaser or by hand (or just buy new ones every time). A little joke from SI

Looks very nice for Data Editors, but i think the priority should not be in the Data Editor.

This was my thoughts exactly, and I imagine there may be bugs that develop well into a cereer game which could be annoying (to be fair that is an assumption based on editing any previous games data, not just an FM issue) - however,....am now excited about creating an Anglo Scottish Cup!

So many improvements could be done in the game, in my opinion, this one could wait for 2012 !

Personnaly, I prefer to see better training, better media interaction, better player interactions.

I would have prefered from SI to tranfer more ressources in improvings other area of the game instead of this optionnal Data Editors, even if it is an excellent idea ( but for futur ! )

I think that the blog and videos leaves so many questions unanswered - but this is not a dig at SI. It sounds like the scope of the competition editor is extremely comprehensive (although I'm unsure why we cannot edit existing competitions - can Miles confirm why this is? Is it a licensing issue or purely because its too complex?).

Another thing that I'm unsure of is that the blog says you cannot edit existing competitions but then says things like can edit matchday rules - is this for new competitions only?

It also says you can't create continental competitions - a bit disappointing given the number of people who expressed a wish to create a European Superleague - but then says you can create inter-League competitions - is this just between 2 leagues?

So many more questions but I get the impression it may be best to wait til the 30th and just get involved with the editor then!!:thup:

• SI Staff
Is there any way of adding a make all nations have EU status?

To get around English clubs not being able to sign young stars from say Brazil and Argentina I go into the editor and tick the EU status box so thus avoid any work permits when signing players from such countries.

Can anything like this be added?

Someone several games back once produced an editor with this function as it's a great time saver.

I like the fact you can change a players ethnicity and skin tone. As a current game out now I bought has one player in particular Kanoute (Sevilla) and he's white which is wrong.

You cannot change all nations to have EU status this version.

when you set up the leagues can you chose how many teams are in it? it didnt seem like you could from the vid

Yes you can do this in the database section of the editor by editing a competition.

seen as we cannot edit existing leagues how easy would it be recreate the english league structure? such as number of teams in the divisions and the rules etc. and would it still retain stuff from the old english system that you didn't change (such as uefa co-efficients)?

Things such as co-efficents do not change when recreating a league structure.

• SI Staff
ok 16 teams is minimum and maximum in a new league?

My idea to create 4 divisions with 8 clubs (2 away and 2 home games) in a new country. Isn't possible?

So this is possible with a non excisting league in the game? I want to edit the league of Liechtenstein.

It is possible, the minimum and maximum for all divisions is not 16. This was what editor defaulted to in this example as that is how many teams are in Egyptian Premier League.

• SI Staff
So this is possible with a non excisting league in the game? I want to edit the league of Liechtenstein.
I think that the blog and videos leaves so many questions unanswered - but this is not a dig at SI. It sounds like the scope of the competition editor is extremely comprehensive (although I'm unsure why we cannot edit existing competitions - can Miles confirm why this is? Is it a licensing issue or purely because its too complex?).

Another thing that I'm unsure of is that the blog says you cannot edit existing competitions but then says things like can edit matchday rules - is this for new competitions only?

It also says you can't create continental competitions - a bit disappointing given the number of people who expressed a wish to create a European Superleague - but then says you can create inter-League competitions - is this just between 2 leagues?

So many more questions but I get the impression it may be best to wait til the 30th and just get involved with the editor then!!:thup:

About editing existing competitions, what it means is you cannot go in and edit the existing rules of the Premier League in the editor, but you can recreate the league and then edit the matchday rules.

You can create a cup competition between leagues but cannot create a continental competion such as recreating the Cup Winners Cup where winners of cup competition would go into the competition.

You can create a cup competition between leagues but cannot create a continental competion such as recreating the Cup Winners Cup where winners of cup competition would go into the competition.

Any intentions of making this kind of capability in the future? [/cheeky]

Why?? It makes absolutely no sense. Why not let the customer decide how they want to play the game?

jesus calm down! there's only so much they can put into the game.

perhaps we should flame them for not letting the customer have the ability to use 2 balls in a match?

jesus calm down! there's only so much they can put into the game.

perhaps we should flame them for not letting the customer have the ability to use 2 balls in a match?

Its always been in the game. :rolleyes:

Its just good business to allow the customer as many options as possible.

Obviously not everyone is going to be excited by this, but I for one think its brilliant that SI have listened to the community and added in a fantastic feature and it looks great as well. I absolutely cannot wait to spent hours creating leagues into my game :D

I may be getting ahead of things here but what I really want to know is: In the example of the creating the Egyptian league say, for example, one of the teams only has 5 properly researched players. When the game is setting up will it auto-fill this team with fictional but proper players or will they just fill up with grey players?

A little question to miles...

I am host of a online game, this editor can change the time of the matches?

For example

Change the hour of 2da B of spanish league Dom 19 hrs to Dom 15 hrs, the same time who the serie c2 league?

Some managers are in Spain and others in Italy and England, if i change the time of the matches, all managers play the games in the same time.

This is possible?

Sorry for my english :p

This is an important issue which I am very curious about as well. Are the starting times of matches adjustable in the editor. If yes we can finally have online games in which human managers manage teams from different countries but play their matches at the same times.

Also another question, is it possible to create a tournament for clubteams in which only u23 players can play? (for instance a knock out tournament of 16 teams?)

Quick question: We cant edit national team competitions, but can we create new ones?

I'm sure I seen a sneaky Algeria when you were making the deduct points rules..

Also, how do we select what teams we want in for Instance the Egyption League? Currently for Egypt its just "A Premier Division" and "A lower Division". Does it take these defaults? Or have the teams in the various tiers been researched so as they are accurate?

Last question. You say we cant edit work permit rules, but, what will the default be for activated nations? I'm sure these have not been researched for every country in the world so as it takes the game default...

Michael, could you answer this please?

Just wondering about a few things.

Say if I was to create a super league with all the best teams in from Europe (Liverpool, Barca, Inter, Bayern etc), would all the leagues they came from still be running in the game still? So would the premier league still be running without Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City? It would be a bit silly if that was the case. Is there any way to turn certain leagues "off", or just run your own league, with no other leagues running?

Also, with the super league, I will no longer want to partake in the current champions league, so is there a way I can stop the original champions league from running in the game? Basically, because there will be no good teams entering it, and I don't want it recognised as the best competition in my super league game.

That is all, thanks.

I assume that if one edits any information on the database a new save will have to be started, right?

also, would be nice if SI could use some of the information cretaed by the users, for next years game

This Game is gonna be huge this year!!! Thumbs up SI!!

Is there some limit to how many new competitions one can create? Considering the busy schedule that the top teams often have (with continental competitions, national cups, etc), there could be a lot of schedule conflicts or overworked players if the user added too many competitions.

I am also interested to know if/what the editor allows as far as customized or new national team competitions.

Just wondering about a few things.

Say if I was to create a super league with all the best teams in from Europe (Liverpool, Barca, Inter, Bayern etc), would all the leagues they came from still be running in the game still? So would the premier league still be running without Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City? It would be a bit silly if that was the case. Is there any way to turn certain leagues "off", or just run your own league, with no other leagues running?

Also, with the super league, I will no longer want to partake in the current champions league, so is there a way I can stop the original champions league from running in the game? Basically, because there will be no good teams entering it, and I don't want it recognised as the best competition in my super league game.

That is all, thanks.

Also, about this.

If I was to edit a few details of the Premier league, and I had to make a new premier league, would I be able to/computer recognise that the new league created is the teams that qualify for Europe, and not the "old" premier league.

I'm not entirely sure how this would work.

Also, about this.

If I was to edit a few details of the Premier league, and I had to make a new premier league, would I be able to/computer recognise that the new league created is the teams that qualify for Europe, and not the "old" premier league.

I'm not entirely sure how this would work.

So much for realism then eh?

So much for realism then eh?

I love responses like this. It's a game mate. If I want to set up a league with the characters from My Little Pony I should be able to. SI are putting this feature because it's been asked for for years and what I or anyone else does with their game is up to me/them. So if you are not interested, don't use it, don't download any of the hundreds of creations from the community. Simple.

You want realism, head down to your local park and ask to see if there are any manager positions going there because you being manager of any team currently playable isn't very realistic is it?

Onto the editor. I would appreciate if someone at SI could confirm the reason why the MLS style can't be created. Is this just a software issue (in which case is it possible that in future versions if a MLS league could be created) or is it down to the licensing issues? Also last year anyone wanting to swap America with another country would have issues. Has this been rectified? In other words we'll be able to create American leagues with no problem like the other countries.

Looking forward to having some fun with this!

Cheers.

I love responses like this. It's a game mate. If I want to set up a league with the characters from My Little Pony I should be able to. SI are putting this feature because it's been asked for for years and what I or anyone else does with their game is up to me/them. So if you are not interested, don't use it, don't download any of the hundreds of creations from the community. Simple.

You want realism, head down to your local park and ask to see if there are any manager positions going there because you being manager of any team currently playable isn't very realistic is it?

Cheers.

..and i love responses like yours! It's a forum mate. If i want to make a comment then i should be able to so why don't you head off and have a good cry as some text i posted on an internet forum has clearly upset you very deeply.

You cannot change all nations to have EU status this version.

Does this mean the little check box that was ticked if a nation was part of the EU is no longer in the editor?

Thus no longer able to make Brazil and Argentina etc. part of the EU to avoid work permit problems?

Archived