FM10: Mario Balotelli

John Smith

What role do you play Balotelli in?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What role do you play Balotelli in?

• Inside Forward, Support
    • Inside Forward, Attack
    • Deep Lying Forward, Support
    • Deep Lying Forward, Attack
    • Target Man, Support
    • Target Man, Attack
    • Advanced Forward, Attack
    • Poacher, Attack
    • Complete Forward
    • Others

Player Profile

balotelli.jpg

Blessed with pace, dribbling, strength, finishing and ability to pay multiple attacking positions, Super Mario had it all in FM09. He is still an amazing prospect for the current version. He suffers a bit mental-attributes-wise, a reflection of his disciplinary issues IRL. This will clearly determine whether he will develop to his huge potential.

Facts:

Mario Barwuah Balotelli is a striker playing for Internazionale. Born to Ghanaian immigrants, Balotelli made the decision to play for his adopted country, Italy.

Honours:

Serie A - 2008, 2009

Supercoppa Italiana - 2008

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like how mentally smart Balotelli is :(

But I spose it really does reflect his "bad boy" attitude for Inter.

Its like, he's good.. really good, and he knows it!

BalotelliPrice.jpg

Got him on loan with a £25m price to buy...Couldnt afford that so he returned back to inter...A couple of weeks later I was given a £42m budget and made him my top target...Was delighted to land him for £17m...Bargain

I use him as a deep lying forward set to attack...he drops deep and his long shooting and through balls for Agbonlahor make them both dynamite

My assman says that he would be better as a target man with balls to feet...I am trying him this way now...but I do prefer him as deep lying...Although I have noticed that since target man he has grabbed about 4-5 injury time winners in key games, 1 in a key CL group game at home to Inter when Otamendi got sent off really early, Enyeama performed miracles to keep it 1-0 and Balotell scored on 92 minutes and 57 seconds and there was only 3 added minutes

• 2 weeks later...
Signed him in my first season for Man Utd, how do you get the most out of him? I know he's still young and is one for the future but i expected him to bang in a fair few along the way, which he doesn't seem to be doing.

Have patience with him. I got him first season with Chelsea and he didnt perform too great. Second season was much beeter getting 19 goals and 16 assists in 33 games. I started playing him as a trequartista

got him for spurs at the end of 1st seaons, i dont know how!

my scout recommended him and to my surprise it said that he would be interested but they wanted 30m for him. i sold pavlyuchenko so i needed a striker and just thought i would try a cheeky bid at the end of the transfer window. 0 upfront 30m over 48months and they accepted. by this time he decided he was happy to stay at inter and there werent any demands when i offered contract, it said he isnt interested.

so i just left it as it was which i think was max wage, max sign on fee and bonus lol. and he accepted, he was on 89,000!

1st season he was ok, but i didnt play him that often, his 2nd seaon which i am in now he has 20 goals and is playing great upfront.

i see him more as a complete forward even though his mental stats arent great, but if you look at his stats he does appear to be more of a winger even though he is naturally a striker.

• 3 weeks later...
One of the most overrated players on the game, all of his mental stats shouldnt be higher than 10. Dirtiness on 20, and he shouldnt even have any Sportmanship stat. I dont really understand why he's so high rated.

He's 19 and plays quite a bit for one of the top teams in Europe(he's no worse than Cassano ;)). He does take tutoring pretty well, I only played around with Inter for a few months, but Sneijder got his determination up to 18 and some of the others went up too.

Balotelli is gifted like very very few other players in the recent decades. I don't think I've seen a player that complete at his age ever.

He just has a bad attitude and within the limitations of the system the virtual Football Manager Mario does as well. Low workrate, low teamwork, low professionalism.

It may be too easy to improve those stats by tutoring, but the guy certainly isn't overrated. Don't let the goal/assist counts posted by users having him on their team fool you, in AI managed clubs he tends to perform pretty much on the same level as he does in real life.

There's a pretty strong rift between him and Mourinho. Some writers have even stated that they believe he should transfer to England to develop as his development is being stalled at Inter. He's also a dick on the pitch. That being said, if under the right coach, IRL he could become one of the better players.

either complete forward - attack, or winger - attack with wide play as 'moves into' channels. he played 21 as AMR as the latter settings and 18 in the ST, rest as AML. my successor to ibra :thup:

i tutored him with henry, messi and ribery too btw, and gave him a personalised training schedule

he's already better (imo) than the 24yo version posted in this thread, hopefully hasn't maxed out his PA just yet because i just want him to keep improving! ;) (haven't checked PA via any scout etc)

btw tassotti, my AM thinks he is 4star ca/pa in my barca team.

He looks like Micah Richards? But anyway, When i always try and sign him i offer the price people recommend but they always reject and come back with like 25/30m and i've never got that much to spend. Top player though always want him but never can get the price right!

Archived