The new UI?

Design itself looks very tidy, like the tabs and the calendar bit at the top. The colour scheme is awful though, this mac obsession the graphics department at SI seem to suffer from is a bit worrying. They should have learnt from FM08 that these bright eyesore causing skins will only result in a lot of complaints by users who get a headache from watching it.

It looks clean tidy and modern, and also jumping on the iPhone bandwagon with the numbers in the corner of the inbox ect. (I've got one so can't complain)

However are we not all missing the point here. You can always get a new skin and 90% of people that play the game never use the skin that's given. So.....

What can we actually tell about the new game from the screenshot other than the graphics???

1) They are trying to make more of the calendar by having it at the top and a week ahead. I like this cause something needed doing to it as no one actually used it in FM 09.

2) The tab system seems to be pretty neat. Like the way it will make everything nice and accessible. However where the hell is the LHS/RHS Menu Bar??? Not too sure if i can live without it guys!

3) What's with the battery icon in the bottom corner, is it just that miles is playing on an iBook??

Anyone else spot anything interesting??

Oh ffs SI!

Do you not realise that most people have LCD or TFT monitors these days?

Bright white backgrounds are not nice to look at for an extended length of time! How long will it take them to learn this?

I really hope they have a darker alternative included with the game this time.

The calendar bit at the top is brilliant, but overall I'm not too impressed. I've never been a fan of the really bright skins used in the last two versions and unfortunately it seems like they are sticking with that.

Furthermore with all the hype CM10 is getting, one of the things that might make more people stay with FM is familiarity. So, doing a massive redesign of the UI just now is a rather bold move, and maybe not a smart one...

However are we not all missing the point here. You can always get a new skin and 90% of people that play the game never use the skin that's given. So.....

And exactly 47.23% of all people who play the game often mention statistics that is in no way based on reality.

I doubt even 90% of the people on these forums use other skins, and I'm sure we are among the more computer savvy of the FM players, and thereby more likely to customize the game.

Personally I never used different skins until SI introduced the ultra bright one in FM08.

• SI Staff
soory but it looks like crap. those saying it looks great, what looks great? the white background?

The world would be a very boring place if everyone had the same opinion ;)

won't the 'FM' bit just be the options drop down, for game status, hall of fame, save game, etc?

Most likely. At least that was my thought as well when I looked at the screenshot. All the other tabs and buttons are for the managing related things, so the FM tab must be for the more game related things like loading, saving, etc.

Furthermore with all the hype CM10 is getting, one of the things that might make more people stay with FM is familiarity. So, doing a massive redesign of the UI just now is a rather bold move, and maybe not a smart one...

I'm not sure your logic really works there. If people want familiarity, then FM with a different interface is surely more familiar than a completely different game, with different functionality and a different interface.

soory but it looks like crap. those saying it looks great, what looks great? the white background?

What looks great?

Perhaps people like the the new tab lay-out? The new calendar feature? Or maybe just the fact it looks very clean and smart.

Call me bias if you like but I know I do :D

Also I see news is still seperated from inbox :( Thats one of my main criticisms, the user never naturally checks the news inbox so you get completely detached from the gameworld and only immersed in your own team and thus you never know when managers have been sacked or hired, what players have moved where etc.

The calendar bit at the top is brilliant, but overall I'm not too impressed. I've never been a fan of the really bright skins used in the last two versions and unfortunately it seems like they are sticking with that.

And exactly 47.23% of all people who play the game often mention statistics that is in no way based on reality.

I doubt even 90% of the people on these forums use other skins, and I'm sure we are among the more computer savvy of the FM players, and thereby more likely to customize the game.

Personally I never used different skins until SI introduced the ultra bright one in FM08.

I think a massive redesign is just what they need. Could make fans fall in love with the series again by getting rid of the current accessibility flaws and bringing the game into the modern world.

Also let's not forget that SI shipped the last FM with 2 different skins so to start berating the one you see on a single screen shot is a bit pathetic if you ask me.

Archived