From what ive read on the ingame store you unlock it when you've completed 10 years of service. I'm on my 8th year now.

edit

or buy it from the ingaem store

That's with FMC.

10 seasons gets you nothing in the full game.

I'm playing the standard game.

From what I've heard (because I've never got one), you have to manage (and keep a player) at the same club for 10 years (and be at least 35 in-game), and then it's a tiny little miniscule chance -- but there's even a chance at twins or triplets. I was watching a youtube "let's play" the other night where the guy re-loaded his youth intake about 10 times, and got a son, he almost sounded tearful with joy.

so many people say differing things, has anyone got proof on the full version requirements?

I'm not sure what you want as proof.

I have had a son generated in the game and I am playing the full game.

The keeping a player at the club for 10 years and then seeing him retire is FMC related and not at all linked to the full game. The reason I know this is because I have a son, but I have NOT had a player retire after 10 years service, (yet).

I would imagine that there is a hard-coded rule that you have to be 35 years old. Have a little think about it. When you create your profile you have to be a minimum of 25 years old. The game has to "trigger" that your son has been promoted and he will probably be at least 15, (I don't see many 14yo's so it's unlikely). If, (just for example), someone was given a son in their 1st season, then it would mean that the deed was done when the manager was only about 9 years old, (15 years for age and another 9 months for pregnancy). By sticking 35 as the minimum age, SI avoids issues like that.

[Edit]

In fact after a little searching, (using the internet rather than forum search), I found a post by Riz confirming that you have to be over 35.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366115-I-m-a-Father!-FM-14-makes-it-perfectly-clear

Only managers 35 and over can have sons in the game. That is unless you use the unlockable to get a son.

Yes, once your user manager in the game turns 35, it opens up the chance to have a son appear in the game. And there is nothing stopping another son from appearing later on. The chances are just as slim as on the first one though...

Not related to sons of managers, but you can also have twins in the newgen intakes in some rare cases

When newgens turn into non-players and end up as a manager, they can obviously have sons as well.

Technically it is also possible for a brother or even a twin to be created for a newgen who is the human users son but the chances for this are very very very remote
:)

Edit: Currently the game can only generate sons of managers but we do not generate newgens who can be sons of other players. A possible feature request for the future
;)
Potential ability for sons/brothers is not done any differently than for any other newgen. So it is just based on the club youth ratings etc. as per usual.

For bothers and fathers/sons, there are reasons added to their "favourite person" entries, so these will list "brother/father/son" where necessary.

i reloaded for a son for about 7 hours and didn't get one, i'm 41 on the full version

How many reloads was that then?

Given that the generally quoted figure is about 1/10,000 its really not worth the effort but for those who do get one its special.

fwiw I've never had one and thats playing 50+ seasons on virtually every version since the beginning.

I'll be honest with you. That I got a son was absolutely amazing and I'm well chuffed, but because he is so average, (see above), and only has potential to be a "good Serie B striker), it's actually quite hard to prioritise him over other players.

He's made his Serie A, European and International debuts, (has scored in Serie A and International), but I'm really looking to send him out on loan somewhere from next season to get himself some proper games. Either his career is going to be pretty average or I prioritise him over my whole save, (and that isn't going to happen).

So all in all it's now actually a bit of a waste. :(

As people say in the full game, as long as your 35 years old (that seems to be a given) but as other people have said very very luky if you get it at all, but I would say it could happen with the 1st youth intake or the 50th youth intake (50 years in to the save game).

It's just random, it may happen, it may not.

Sorry, not trying to be a spoiler here, but how do you determine the newgen is a son of a manager? Just from the same family names? or will it be highlighted in the news? or ...

There is no news article or achievement unlocked.

First of all you see a player in the youth squad who has your surname, then you go and check that he has you on his favoured personnel list and then you see what the link to you is, (ie Teammate, Backroom Staff, Manager), but for the player to be your son, the link actually has to say (Father).

I'm sure you get an achievement. The son has your surname and you will be on his favoured personnel list.

No. No achievement and no news related message, (which is a shame).

It's not that the player just has the same surname and you are on his favoured personnel list. The link has to be (Father). That's important. Even if the new youth player has your surname and has you on his favoured personnel list, if the link is not Father, then he is not your son.

This is all very confusing in regards to the criteria for this.

The only main one I can see if that you have to be 35+ (that's what everyone agrees), although some people say you have to be at the same club for 10+ years?

No. No achievement and no news related message, (which is a shame).

It's not that the player just has the same surname and you are on his favoured personnel list. The link has to be (Father). That's important. Even if the new youth player has your surname and has you on his favoured personnel list, if the link is not Father, then he is not your son.

Not technically, but in a literal sense. We get this information from the players 'Favoured' personnel list. So maybe the boy just doesn't know you're the father (Ryan Giggs/John Terry like behaviour) or he's just indifferent to his dad as he spent all his time working :)

Archived