No Youth Intake

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a more detailed list somewhere but I've noted all the dates in my game for youth intakes.....

Jan 26th - Jamaica, Costa Rica, Canada, Honduras, El Salvador, T&T, Haiti, Grenada, Anguilla, Bahamas

Feb 22nd - Russia

Feb 23rd - Cyprus, Armenia, Georgia, Estonia

Mar 8th - France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Scotland, Switzerland, Wales

Mar 13th - England

Mar 18th - Belgium, Portugal

Mar 19th - Bulgaria, Slovenia

Mar 23rd - Mexico

Mar 25th - Holland

April 2nd - South Africa, Argentina

April 27th - Australia

May/June/July/Aug - nothing

Sept 14th - S. Korea

Sept 19th - Chile

Sept 20th - Eire, Brazil

Sept 25th - Finland

Oct 1st - Norway

Oct 3rd - Ivory Coast, Ghana, Caneroon, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Congo, Angola, Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, Tanzania, Gabon, Benin, Gambia

Oct 8th - China

Nov/Dec - nothing

Also have older players (aged 20-27) coming up as youth intake as follows:

June 20th - France

June 25th - England

June 30th - Belgium

--------

Like I say, it's not complete and is missing Spain and Italy - there weren't any in the past year in my game (2014/15) - as the main two and also some smaller ones.

I just created a new game and holidayed a few years. It looks like the newgens are created some time in September (in Australia) now, went day by day in 2015 and it was at some point between Sept 9 and Sept 13.

So hopefully it's just updated your game for them to be created in September instead of April now.

I assume the intake won't stop when I hit 2017.

I just created a new game and holidayed a few years. It looks like the newgens are created some time in September (in Australia) now, went day by day in 2015 and it was at some point between Sept 9 and Sept 13.

So hopefully it's just updated your game for them to be created in September instead of April now.

I assume the intake won't stop when I hit 2017.

In game, go to World >>> Transfers and then pick 'youth intake' from the dropdown menu. You can flick through the months and it will tell you the exact date the newgens are produced for each country. Will save you having to keep looking day by day.

• Administrators
Was the quantity of players changed? Playing in Brazil, I usually got a full squad of trialists... now in the first intake after the patch, I get only 4 players ???

What type of youth recruitment/youth facilities/Youth Setup category do you have?

I am quite angry :mad: in the first intake after the patch, I get only 4 players none the less my team has top youth academy. I have check rest of the other teams intake and world class team has also get only four player.... very disappointing

Is there a chance the the game is trying to keep the overall number of players throughout the game balanced & is using the youth intakes to achieve this?

Do those people getting low numbers on their youth intake already have a large pool of players at their club or maybe a player database that far exceeds the number required for the amount of active teams in the game?

Just a thought as there must be something specific at work to influence the youth intake otherwise everyone would be reporting the same problem & based on the threads that have touch on the subject that isn't the case.

It may well be linked to numbers in the youth squad or something similar to that, I just had a second intake since the patch and it was perfectly normal, whereas my first intake after the patch only had 5 non-grey players. Hopefully we'll get an answer from SI soon! I play with Bilbao so it's essential for me to at least understand what's happening with this

I only got like 4-5 players as well, which is a bit annoying because I sign a lot of youths into my youth team just because (even with fully upgraded facilities and intake) my intake are average at best. So if supplementing my intake with more quality reduces the number of intake and therefore the probability of getting someone quality, that kinda defeats the purpose.

same problem here, at best 5 players on the day of intake. I don't think it is related to the number of players in the youth team, as the other teams has similar number of u18 youngsters in their youth team generates the usual number of youth candidates.

I informed about regens issue months ago. Read the whole thread to have all the info.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/337064-Cpu-clubs-get-crazy-regens-problems-unreal-transfer-market

I see the issue is even worsened.

This bug cause several negative results (cpu clubs go crazy, poor national teams...).

I noticed that a few more regens are generated if a club doesn't have a reserve/youth squad, but not enough (and except high schools and universities, all the other clubs need youth squads).

If fixed will there be another patch

Any hint? It is forced me to stop playing as it is quite important issue in countries like Russia and Turkey (where the foreign players' number restricted and you have to relied on own youths) where i am going to play. This issue reduced my game enjoyment to zero

Strange one really.

I'm playing as Solihull Moors and got plenty of players in the intake, as did my friend who was playing the same game as Watford. However, a quick look shows the top teams like Man Utd, Chelsea etc. got about five in total.

Any hint? It is forced me to stop playing as it is quite important issue in countries like Russia and Turkey (where the foreign players' number restricted and you have to relied on own youths) where i am going to play. This issue reduced my game enjoyment to zero
Same here. I wish I would have known that the game wouldn't be playable 5 months after release

I've been running an England only save to check something else but decided to look at global youth intakes while I have the save up.

There doesn't appear to be anything untoward on my mini save, every year there has been a reasonable mix of how many newgens a team gets through its youth intake with some clubs getting well into double figures & others getting as few as 4 players, this has changed from season to season so a club who only got 5 players in the previous year might have a better intake this time & get 9 or 10, I didn't analyse squad sizes, training facilities or finances at the various clubs but on the surface every looked okay.

As for clubs from they inactive nations there were far fewer who took in more than 6 youth players & they were generally the big clubs from the powerhouse leagues with clubs from lesser nations lucky to get 2 or 3 newgens but then again that has been how FM has worked for as long as I can remember, if the league isn't active then it's not going to generate that many players.

I've been running an England only save to check something else but decided to look at global youth intakes while I have the save up.

There doesn't appear to be anything untoward on my mini save, every year there has been a reasonable mix of how many newgens a team gets through its youth intake with some clubs getting well into double figures & others getting as few as 4 players, this has changed from season to season so a club who only got 5 players in the previous year might have a better intake this time & get 9 or 10, I didn't analyse squad sizes, training facilities or finances at the various clubs but on the surface every looked okay.

As for clubs from they inactive nations there were far fewer who took in more than 6 youth players & they were generally the big clubs from the powerhouse leagues with clubs from lesser nations lucky to get 2 or 3 newgens but then again that has been how FM has worked for as long as I can remember, if the league isn't active then it's not going to generate that many players.

My (our) problem is the following: I loaded fully the Turkish leagues (together with others) with the goal that I will manage here later during my career. After the patch even the best teams get only 4-5 players per intake (some team was lucky enough to receive 15-16 players but it is totally random and vary year to year, no direct connection with the quality of the facilities) and due to the low number of the new regens their overall quality also decrease as there is a lower chance to get good regen from 4-5 rather than 15-16. So after 5 year all Turkish team starting declining, no enough domestic player to register (you can register max 8 foreign in Turkey) and their quality also decreasing. Some teams in top level only registered 16-20 player for the whole championship as the quantity (and therefor the quality) of the regens are low. Sometime they forced to field grey player during injury crisis.

And this apply all of the loaded leagues as well but somewhere you cannot notice such unequivocally.

And before the last patch you received normal number of regens even at Seria C2 team, bundesliga 3 team or TFF first league (second tier) in Turkey. This has been experienced by myself.

Without further patch I forced to finish the playing with FM13 hope this is not the case and I will be able to continue my journeyman career.

sorry for my bad English.

This issue only happen with new save with 13.3 database?

I'm asking this, because i'm playing my old save started in the previous patch, just have a new youth intake, and i got 12 or 13 players.

I have continued my old save (with old database) and I got few number regen at Charleroi (world class team with top facilities) and at Dinamo Moscow as well. Just for test I moved to Besiktas and received few regen too (They received once a normal number regen before and few regen before two years.) So I cannot determinate any kind of coherency.

It's always been the case that some clubs will occasionally only have a small youth intake - it can fluctuate depending on the balance of players in that nation overall. This should only affect AI clubs though so we are looking into examples of small human manager youth candidate intakes. Overall game balance won't be affected. Hopefully this provides some clarity.

It's always been the case that some clubs will occasionally only have a small youth intake - it can fluctuate depending on the balance of players in that nation overall. This should only affect AI clubs though so we are looking into examples of small human manager youth candidate intakes. Overall game balance won't be affected. Hopefully this provides some clarity.

So long term save games won't be effected by this? How does that work out then? Surly if we get no youth intake that effects the game world

The way I read Stuart's comment is that there have always been variations in how many newgen's a team gets from year to year with a low intake always being a possibility so nothing has changed there, what has cropped up since the latest update is that unlike previous versions Human controlled teams are no longer immune from getting the occasional small intake.

In a nutshell the payer database will not shrink, there will be the correct distribution of nationalities & the game world will continue as normal, the only difference is that we'll have to work a little bit harder at finding & developing youngsters.

TBH it may be an accident & technically a bug but if it levels the playing field a little more then I do not see any harm in keeping things as they've ended up, how many times do people moan about the lack of any challenge from the AI in terms of youth development?

Now that we have to put in a little more time, care & effort it's as if the world has come to an end.

The way I read Stuart's comment is that there have always been variations in how many newgen's a team gets from year to year with a low intake always being a possibility so nothing has changed there, what has cropped up since the latest update is that unlike previous versions Human controlled teams are no longer immune from getting the occasional small intake.

In a nutshell the payer database will not shrink, there will be the correct distribution of nationalities & the game world will continue as normal, the only difference is that we'll have to work a little bit harder at finding & developing youngsters.

TBH it may be an accident & technically a bug but if it levels the playing field a little more then I do not see any harm in keeping things as they've ended up, how many times do people moan about the lack of any challenge from the AI in terms of youth development?

Now that we have to put in a little more time, care & effort it's as if the world has come to an end.

:thup: That's all I have to say.

It is a major problem for those who rely on the players that come through their system.

By all accounts it is not something that will happen every year, if one year you only get 4 players but for the next three years you get 10-15 per year where is the problem? It seems clear that we're not being asked to cope with something that isn't affecting AI clubs (it's what they've had to cope with for years) so from my perspective it's not as big an issue as it's been made out to be.

Bug? Yes, SI have said a check is not working.

Game ending bug? Not even close.

Wait wait wait.

This is not normal.

futbolclubbarcelonarosa.th.png

futbolclubbarcelonaunde.th.png

A club as Barcelona, also if Spain league is disabled, cannot have a roster like that. It's totally unreal and absurd play against that Barcelona.

This is a bug that destroys the whole game.

I saw Kaiserslauten plays in Europa League with a squad of 9 players.

1_Fu_ball_Club_Kaiserslautern_Squad_Players.png

1_FC_Kaiserslautern_II_Squad_Players.png

This is normal, it's FM2010.

Kashiwa_Reysol.png

Kashiwa_Reysol_2.png

And what happens in FM2013 is absurd.

Kashiwa_Reysol_Squad_Players.png

Kashiwa_Reysol_Under_18s_Squad_Players.png

Moreover, too few regens cause weaker national teams, weaker clubs, unreal transfer market (big clubs like Real Madrid and Chelsea buy one player in 3 years), completely useless youth teams and youth leagues (because those few newgens generated will be immediately promoted to the poor 1st squad),

Are you planning to release a patch to fix the issue once you've identified the cause? This is a game breaking bug for anyone playing a youth challenge game.

Archived