No Youth Intake

I'm playing in Luxembourg (custom league file) with the aim of making the national team World Cup winners, so this is an important issue for me. I've had 2 intakes since the latest patch and on both occasions I only received 5 players, so I can't really continue until this is fixed.

My game is saved a few days before the 2035 intake and I'd be happy to upload it to SI's FTP if it would help resolve this issue.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is baffling me, I've just run FM11, 12 & 13 until 2026

Game was England only from L2 up with a large database & add players to playable teams not used.

FM11 start: 12,976 Oct 2026: 12,676 - 1,650 are free agents

FM12 start: 12,761 Oct 2026: 12,699 - 1,747 are free agents

FM13 start: 13,311 Oct 2026: 13,852 - 1,375 are free agents

So there has been no appreciable change in the number of players in the database & there isn't a disproportionately high number of free agents.

Thankfully FM12 & 13 allow you to view the youth intakes year on year & both games had the same teams showing up on the list, again there was no immediately obvious difference in average numbers spread across teams from the same nation & as expected the higher rep teams in the higher rep leagues had consistently larger youth intakes.

Once I dropped below the Champions League level sides the amount of youth players reduced as did their transfer activity & this dropped down again when I moved onto the teams that usually make up the bottom half of the [top] division, outside of the top division a side was lucky to get any youth players & were non-entities in the transfer market.

Got about 15 players today in my youth intake so its fine for me. Is it because the youth players come through the AI teams and the AI dont think that they will ever be good enough to deserve a contract into the U19s? Or are they only getting 5 players in their 'trial' squad.

Nationality splits next.

I went with the 4 major European nations plus 2 high rep nations that have fairly strict foreign player rules, I did not factor out duel nationality so there will be some double counts in the player numbers.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Spanish[/TD]

[TD]Italian[/TD]

[TD]German[/TD]

[TD]Turkish[/TD]

[TD]Russian[/TD]

[TD]English[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FM13[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Start[/TD]

[TD]901[/TD]

[TD]666[/TD]

[TD]540[/TD]

[TD]159[/TD]

[TD]93[/TD]

[TD]5026[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026[/TD]

[TD]904[/TD]

[TD]463[/TD]

[TD]546[/TD]

[TD]174[/TD]

[TD]80[/TD]

[TD]4834[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FM12[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Start[/TD]

[TD]857[/TD]

[TD]673[/TD]

[TD]569[/TD]

[TD]135[/TD]

[TD]92[/TD]

[TD]4865[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026[/TD]

[TD]854[/TD]

[TD]462[/TD]

[TD]564[/TD]

[TD]150[/TD]

[TD]74[/TD]

[TD]4477[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FM11[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Start[/TD]

[TD]1083[/TD]

[TD]670[/TD]

[TD]285[/TD]

[TD]131[/TD]

[TD]74[/TD]

[TD]5047[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026[/TD]

[TD]853[/TD]

[TD]446[/TD]

[TD]282[/TD]

[TD]142[/TD]

[TD]53[/TD]

[TD]4998[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Players based in nation

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Spain[/TD]

[TD]Italy[/TD]

[TD]Germany[/TD]

[TD]Turkey[/TD]

[TD]Russia[/TD]

[TD]England[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FM13[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Start[/TD]

[TD]877[/TD]

[TD]521[/TD]

[TD]696[/TD]

[TD]259[/TD]

[TD]199[/TD]

[TD]5923[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026[/TD]

[TD]885[/TD]

[TD]452[/TD]

[TD]763[/TD]

[TD]113[/TD]

[TD]160[/TD]

[TD]5638[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FM12[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Start[/TD]

[TD]863[/TD]

[TD]524[/TD]

[TD]759[/TD]

[TD]202[/TD]

[TD]168[/TD]

[TD]5751[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026[/TD]

[TD]799[/TD]

[TD]411[/TD]

[TD]590[/TD]

[TD]103[/TD]

[TD]123[/TD]

[TD]5206[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FM11[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Start[/TD]

[TD]1124[/TD]

[TD]531[/TD]

[TD]435[/TD]

[TD]208[/TD]

[TD]113[/TD]

[TD]5546[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2026[/TD]

[TD]838[/TD]

[TD]465[/TD]

[TD]361[/TD]

[TD]149[/TD]

[TD]90[/TD]

[TD]5544[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I appreciate that a single run on each version is not even close to being conclusive but just looking at how the numbers compare from one version to another it does seem that any concerns about long term game balance being ruined by a small omission in the youth intake code on FM13 are a little unfounded.

Italy does seem to get a raw deal though.

Are you planning to release a patch to fix the issue once you've identified the cause? This is a game breaking bug for anyone playing a youth challenge game.

Yes, all the youth teams and youth leagues become useless.

I hope the fix will be released within one or two weeks.

For those who are having problems with the youth intake and not getting enough players through your youth team, try this:

The day before your youth intake, move all players in your youth team to your reserve squad. This may help you get a larger youth intake. I just trialed this on my save in the second season and it seemed to work, which would indicate that the game will only give you a few players if you have a large youth team, but if your youth team is smaller, you'll get a larger intake. Anyway, just something you can try and see if it works.

This obviously won't help if it's a problem the AI is having with their youth team, but it has worked for me in my own team.

• Administrators

Believe that the AI should only be getting 5 players in their squads and that the AI restrictions were accidently being placed on the user as well. It's something we will be addressing but as always we can't give an exact time-scale just yet and you won't need to start a new game for this fix to work. Thanks for your patience with this one.

Believe that the AI should only be getting 5 players in their squads and that the AI restrictions were accidently being placed on the user as well. It's something we will be addressing but as always we can't give an exact time-scale just yet and you won't need to start a new game for this fix to work. Thanks for your patience with this one.

But in the old FMs there weren't only 5 players in the AI teams.

As you can see, in FM2010 the youth squad of this cpu team is full of players and it's full every year as well as all the other clubs.

Kashiwa_Reysol_2.png

That's a single screenshot from a custom database, not exactly conclusive proof that what you say is true & of course there are my three comparative saves from FM11, 12 & 13 that you seem to be ignoring.

So there will be small patch for FM13?

That's a single screenshot from a custom database, not exactly conclusive proof that what you say is true & of course there are my three comparative saves from FM11, 12 & 13 that you seem to be ignoring.

That is a screenshot of FM10 where the youth intake feature work well for all clubs of all nations. Who is ignoring the things is you, the youth intake issue is old, it has been found by several users (also me) after a few days after the game release and after making a lot of tests. Before the last patch this issue afflicted all the enabled custom database and some of the default ones (like Brazil), and it appeared in all nations not enabled. After the last patch, it's everywhere.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/335820-Japanese-regens-issue

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/337064-Cpu-clubs-get-crazy-regens-problems-unreal-transfer-market

So I suggest you to stop to defend the indefensible. Instead of checking comparative statistics, check the clubs one by one and post the screenshots like I did if you think that this issue doesn't exist and all the users who talk about it are morons.

No denial that a change to the game has resulted in human managers getting fewer newgens than that are used to, what I have attempted to show a few posts back is that in contrast to the hyperbole AI team do not run out of players when they are in active leagues, having grey players is not a negative for sides in inactive leagues & the overall pool of players remains constant.

I do however accept your challenge & will put together screenshots showing historical records of youth intakes, I will also reinstall FM09 & 10 to expand the number of comparative saves that I have.

Edit: Would you like to pick which team(s) I post images of? In the interest of time & because I've already run a number of seasons on 11, 12 & 13 I have kept the same setup; England>League 2 & above>large database.

• SI Staff

The AI teams can occasionally get reduced youth intakes in some years simply due to the nation having already a large pool of players, the club having a good stock of existing youth players and hence the need to add new youth players via the yearly intake being lower than usual. Like Brock said above, there was an additional check added in at one point during development and this was meant to apply to AI teams only, as they don't simulate full youth candidate trials the same way as human teams do. The change affected human teams as well and we've since fixed this so that humans get the full youth candidate intake for any future updates.

The issue does not have any long term effects on the number of players in a nation as the game will keep these numbers balanced in the long term by increasing the youth intakes when necessary.

I do wonder what it really is, as i have no problems with the youth intake.

I have consistently been given 12-18 youth players every season. Even after the new patch.

I was playing in Belgium at the time, in the 2nd tier.

Now is my first new country after the new patch; in Sweden.

I do wonder if there will be a change in the amount of players.

As a note. I'm not saying it's not a problem, because obviously it is for a lot of players.

I'm just happy i don't have that problem......yet :D

The AI teams can occasionally get reduced youth intakes in some years simply due to the nation having already a large pool of players, the club having a good stock of existing youth players and hence the need to add new youth players via the yearly intake being lower than usual. Like Brock said above, there was an additional check added in at one point during development and this was meant to apply to AI teams only, as they don't simulate full youth candidate trials the same way as human teams do. The change affected human teams as well and we've since fixed this so that humans get the full youth candidate intake for any future updates.

The issue does not have any long term effects on the number of players in a nation as the game will keep these numbers balanced in the long term by increasing the youth intakes when necessary.

Without asking for dates, is it safe to assume this fix is potentially released for FM13?

The problem is that youth squad are poor also if a nation doesn't have a large pool of players.

Look at FM2010.

This teams belong to an enabled nation and division. As you can notice, youth squads are plenty of players. It's so every season.

Niigata: 20 players

C. Osaka: 24 players

G. Osaka: 23 players

Iwata: 25 players

Albirex_Niigata.png

Cerezo_Osaka.png

Gamba_Osaka.png

Jubilo_Iwata.png

Now look at FM2013.

Same clubs, same database size, same enabled nation and division.

You can see the youth squads are very poor.

Niigata: 11 players

C. Osaka: 7 players

G. Osaka: 3 players

Iwata: 4 players

Albirex_Niigata_Under_18_Rosa_Giocatori.png

Cerezo_Osaka_Under_18_Rosa_Giocatori.png

Gamba_Osaka_Under_18_Rosa_Giocatori.png

Jubilo_Iwata_Under_18_Rosa_Giocatori.png

What you have to do is reinsert the same algorithms there were in the old FMs and the youth intake issue is solved for every clubs of all nations. This issue at the current status ruins everything.

If a fix is to be released for this, I sincerely hope that the "skipped highlights when leaving tactics screen" bug, as well as the issue with overly high average rating for Centre Backs, is looked into for the patch.

The 32bit player limit could have a part to play in limiting the number of newgen's but I'd imagine that would only be the case if people are running too many leagues for the players available in the extracted database pool & as I posted earlier on a small game there is no significant change in the number of players in the game after 14 years so I'm not too sure how much of an impact, if any it would have on a game that has a balanced league/database setiup.

• SI Staff
The problem is that youth squad are poor also if a nation doesn't have a large pool of players.

Look at FM2010.

This teams belong to an enabled nation and division. As you can notice, youth squads are plenty of players. It's so every season.

Now look at FM2013.

Same clubs, same database size, same enabled nation and division.

You can see the youth squads are very poor.

What you have to do is reinsert the same algorithms there were in the old FMs and the youth intake issue is solved for every clubs of all nations. This issue at the current status ruins everything.

You are mixing apples with oranges here. The issue with human teams occasionally not having a full intake of youth candidates was picked up and investigated after it was noticed and this has now been fixed for the future.

As has been shown by numerous tests already, the number of players is kept around the same by the game with the youth intakes over the years. In your FM10 and FM13 comparison, the number of youth players stocked at the clubs after X years can depend on a lot of factors, not just the yearly youth intake. If you want to have full youth squads in long term games, it is best to start the game with a large DB or at least have the "add players to playable teams" option ticked to fill any teams with few players to begin with. This ensures a decent amount of players for the nation to begin with, so the game can then keep the teams populated with enough newgens each year. Naturally the cycle of retiring players versus the new youth intake can also affect things and depending on the nation's age structure, it can be a while before enough players start retiring for the yearly youth intakes to grow to full size again. We cannot just make each team get a new full youth squad each year simply because that would overcrowd the nation player pool and cause slowdowns etc. as the number of players in the game world would skyrocket.

If you feel that a nation is not generating enough newgens each year to keep the national player pool as stocked as it was at the start of the game, I would suggest posting a thread on the bug forums and providing a saved game from the start of your game and then from later on when you feel there aren't enough players anymore. We can then get your issue logged in our system and have a look at how the player pools have developed between your two saves.

The issue with human teams occasionally not having a full intake of youth candidates was picked up and investigated after it was noticed and this has now been fixed for the future.

So there is a fix out for this now?

As has been shown by numerous tests already, the number of players is kept around the same by the game with the youth intakes over the years. In your FM10 and FM13 comparison, the number of youth players stocked at the clubs after X years can depend on a lot of factors, not just the yearly youth intake. If you want to have full youth squads in long term games, it is best to start the game with a large DB or at least have the "add players to playable teams" option ticked to fill any teams with few players to begin with. This ensures a decent amount of players for the nation to begin with, so the game can then keep the teams populated with enough newgens each year. Naturally the cycle of retiring players versus the new youth intake can also affect things and depending on the nation's age structure, it can be a while before enough players start retiring for the yearly youth intakes to grow to full size again. We cannot just make each team get a new full youth squad each year simply because that would overcrowd the nation player pool and cause slowdowns etc. as the number of players in the game world would skyrocket.

If you feel that a nation is not generating enough newgens each year to keep the national player pool as stocked as it was at the start of the game, I would suggest posting a thread on the bug forums and providing a saved game from the start of your game and then from later on when you feel there aren't enough players anymore. We can then get your issue logged in our system and have a look at how the player pools have developed between your two saves.

I already posted threads about the regens bug.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/337064-Cpu-clubs-get-crazy-regens-problems-unreal-transfer-market

I was told that a club can't have two under xx squads. Accepted that, it remains the fact that clubs that have just one youth squad have too few regens, especially the clubs of edited leagues. I always start my games with large db and the option "add players" ticked. If a nation has always at least the same amount of players generated at the first season, the regens issue wouldn't exist, but this doesn't happened. The issue appears after the second season. This doesn't happened in FM12, 11 and 10, only in FM13.

It's an evident heavy bug. I can post hundreds of screenshots, the result is always the same. Good numbers of regens in FM12 and previous versions, too few in FM13.

FM13

Both teams (managed by the cpu, active league, large db, add players option ticked) have 6/7 players after some season. This is more serious, because they are high schools with age limit of 18, they don't have a "youth team", the whole club is a youth team.

Konko_Osaka_High_School_Rosa_Giocatori.png

Otsu_High_School_Rosa_Giocatori.png

FM10

Both teams, again high schools, (managed by the cpu, active league, large db, add players option ticked) have a lot of players, always, forever.

Sapporo_Nihon_University_High_School.png

Osaka_Gakuin_University_High_School.png

I'm guessing it will be out soon then, if its ready?

I understand that SI is aware of the issue with human teams occasionally not having a full intake of youth candidates was picked up but I also would like to know whether there will be a patch for FM13 or no. Simply yes or no question. (without any deadline of course).

Thanks in advance.

• SI Staff
I already posted threads about the regens bug.

I always start my games with large db and the option "add players" ticked. If a nation has always at least the same amount of players generated at the first season, the regens issue wouldn't exist, but this doesn't happened. The issue appears after the second season. This doesn't happened in FM12, 11 and 10, only in FM13.

Did you upload a saved game from that Japanese custom league onto the FTP regarding the above thread ?

I've not seen issues like this logged in our system for FM13 so I can only assume it might be something down to the custom league settings or the custom starting data that causes the problems you are experiencing. I can appreciate that you see a problem in your custom game from the screenshots but without analysing the saved game it is impossible to say what is happening differently between FM12 and FM13 in this case. One thing that comes to mind is that there were some youth age related variables added for FM13 and whilst everything works fine with these using our regular DB, something might be set differently in your custom setup. But again, hard to say without having a look through a saved game.

You mentioned some irregular clubs that are purely youth clubs without actual youth teams. These can obviously be somewhat problematic if not all the national youth ages etc. are set correctly, especially if there are a lot of teams like this.

The issue with human teams occasionally not having a full intake of youth candidates was picked up and investigated after it was noticed and this has now been fixed for the future.

I'm really not one for SI bashing, but if you already have a fix for this potentially game-breaking issue and plan on making us wait until FM14 for it then that is really, really bad form.

• SI Staff
I'm really not one for SI bashing, but if you already have a fix for this potentially game-breaking issue and plan on making us wait until FM14 for it then that is really, really bad form.

We are working on a small update that fixes a few different niggles but like has been said already, we don't know any solid time table for that yet. And the fix for the human newgen intake is part of said update.

Did you upload a saved game from that Japanese custom league onto the FTP regarding the above thread ?

I've not seen issues like this logged in our system for FM13 so I can only assume it might be something down to the custom league settings or the custom starting data that causes the problems you are experiencing. I can appreciate that you see a problem in your custom game from the screenshots but without analysing the saved game it is impossible to say what is happening differently between FM12 and FM13 in this case.

I uploaded my saved games.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350127-Regens-and-age-limit-issues-%28saved-games-uploaded-to-the-FTP%29

Don't know if it might be useful, but I also can upload the saved game of FM10 to see why it works well in previous versions and not properly in the current one.

One thing that comes to mind is that there were some youth age related variables added for FM13 and whilst everything works fine with these using our regular DB, something might be set differently in your custom setup. But again, hard to say without having a look through a saved game.

That would explain much.

You mentioned some irregular clubs that are purely youth clubs without actual youth teams. These can obviously be somewhat problematic if not all the national youth ages etc. are set correctly, especially if there are a lot of teams like this.

Unfortunately the point remains the same. The issue happens on FM13 while everything is ok with previous versions (however the settings are the same).

We are working on a small update that fixes a few different niggles but like has been said already, we don't know any solid time table for that yet. And the fix for the human newgen intake is part of said update.

I didn't actually know that.

Apologies for jumping down your throat a little. :o

In my current save, and after 4 and half seasons, i've decided to check the number of regens.

I've started the game with 14 active leagues from 7 countries and a total of 80.000 players. Here are the leagues:

Portugal (two top divisions)

England (two top divisions)

Spain (two top divisions)

France (two top divisions)

Italy (two top divisions)

Germany (two top divisions)

Netherlands (two top divisions)

After 4 and a half seasons, here are the stats:

Total number of players: 79865

Total number of regens: 45968 (57.6%)

Regens per active country:

Portugal: 2343

England: 2033

Spain: 3142

France: 2593

Italy: 4373

Germany: 1847

Netherlands: 1710

It's a bit odd the difference between spain and italy and the rest of the active countries. Anyone knows why this happens?

The total number of regens from active countries are 18041, almost 40% the total number of regens.

Regens from some Non Active Countries:

Brazil: 1460

Argentina: 1615

Russia: 702

Uruguay: 417

Ukraine: 688

Scotland: 278

Turkey: 718

Greece: 316

Belgium: 333

There is a big difference between Non active countries and Active countries, which in my opinion it's normal. In previous FM i was used to have more regens from Brazil and Argentina, even when i didn't load leagues from there, but i guess that this year we need to load up league in order to have a decent amount of regens from a especific country.

Everything in my save looks ok, except for the difference in the amount of regens between Italy (and also Spain) and the rest of the Active Countries.

PS: i've used genie scout to check this stats.

The difference with FM & a core problem is that the youth team merges what would be 2 or 3 different age groups into one side, it would probably kill any chance of running multiple nations saves but the only way to truly replicate youth development is to have the correct age group splits & the correct youth league structures in place.

Maybe something for SI to consider for the future as software coding & hardware architecture advances.

Maybe something for SI to consider for the future as software coding & hardware architecture advances.

It would be a very appreciated feature (and already requested by a lot of users a long time ago). In addition, It'd allow to make other specific youth competitions

The difference with FM & a core problem is that the youth team merges what would be 2 or 3 different age groups into one side, it would probably kill any chance of running multiple nations saves but the only way to truly replicate youth development is to have the correct age group splits & the correct youth league structures in place.

But then they would run into issues of having to have under 16's in the game, i highly doubt it would go down that route. Or are you more meaning an under 17's group, and an uner 18's group?

Like i say i just wonder how many kids are actually signed each year, surely clubs are not signing on 10/11 kids every year? I've often wondered how realistic the FM model is in those regards.

I still dont see the huge issue with this, people who are complaining that they like to make use of their youth surely dont use every single one that comes through? More players has never ment more quality when it comes to youth recruitment, you could have 10 players come through with a PA or 1 or 1 come through with a PA off 200, it just depends on how lucky you get.

It's just a shame that the current technology wouldn't allow it, even with my PC I'd struggle to run a game that correctly simulated youth football in the active nations & this is further complicated by the variation in systems used across football with some nations operating a national or regional promotion/relegation pyramid system, others having closed academy league system or even a mix of the two.

Getting the data right would present a whole new set of problems for the researchers, especially as youth leagues are more prone to undergo sweeping structural changes on a more frequent bases.

Edit: Milner, the game already generates under 15's & that's part of the issue as you end up with a youth side that can have a 14-19 age range which is unrealistic.

Personally I feel that the current system is just about adequate, it's not perfect but it certainly isn't broken. That doesn't mean there isn't scope for improvement in how realistic the simulation of youth development can be made.

I think my £300 HP laptop would just walk away from me if i tried to run something like that! As you say its a shame as it would be great, i spend a great deal or time bring up kids in FM, its pretty much the best thing about the game for me, but i would not want the game to be any slower than it is now, and i would hate to be limited to running one league to cater for something like that.

Appreciating the limitation of technology will always help in preventing disappointment or rage, all too often expectations exceed what is realistically possible & more importantly commercially viable.

We could probably have the real German youth league system in the game as it is not asking it to do something different to the senior structure but in all likelihood such a system would mean that a huge number of current FM players would not be able to run the game without buying top of the line hardware.

I'm guessing that the competition editor doesn't currently allow integration of user created youth systems into the main national system, that could be an option for SI, make it possible to create a 100% accurate system in the editor & let he end user mod the game if they want to.

There is a big difference between Non active countries and Active countries, which in my opinion it's normal. In previous FM i was used to have more regens from Brazil and Argentina, even when i didn't load leagues from there, but i guess that this year we need to load up league in order to have a decent amount of regens from a especific country.

Everything in my save looks ok, except for the difference in the amount of regens between Italy (and also Spain) and the rest of the Active Countries.

PS: i've used genie scout to check this stats.

That is one of the main differences. In previous FM versions the number of regens is better managed.

Also consider that the regens bug in default leagues is totally random and not systematic.

Stats are important but not really relevant in this case. All depends how newgens are shared. I make an extreme example: take a Nation that has 3 active divisions, each one composed by 20 clubs (total 60). The stats say there are 900 regens in all (average 15 per club). It's a very good number, isn't it? Now you go to check each club and you see that the strongest clubs of first division have a lot of regens; the other teams, always of first division, have less regens but a sufficient number. Check second and third division and you see a disaster: luckier clubs have 5 regens, other ones 1-2. This is an example but something like that happens for real in FM.

Anyway, it would be a definitive solution to have an option to configure the numbers of youth regens before every first season. We can configure database size, loaded players from a Nations and other things but not yet regens.

Sigames should put an option like this of something similar:

Amount of regens for club with high reputation for active leagues: large/medium/low.

Amount of regens for club with medium reputation for active leagues: large/medium/low.

Amount of regens for club with low reputation for active leagues: large/medium/low.

Amount of regens for club with hight reputation for non-active leagues: large/medium/low.

Amount of regens for club with medium reputation for non-active leagues: large/medium/low.

Amount of regens for club with low reputation for non-active leagues: large/medium/low.

A regens system like that would be flexibile for all users

I don't see that being a practical option as I fear too many people would select a setting that will end up killing their game due to an ever expanding player pool plus as the player pool increase the AI will have to increase the transfer activity of clubs in inactive leagues to maintain overall balance as under the current system the additional players would start to gravitate to clubs in activate leagues, the problem with doing that is the required processing commitment & that goes back to the issue of people not having the hardware to support that level of processing.

I don't see that being a practical option as I fear too many people would select a setting that will end up killing their game due to an ever expanding player pool plus as the player pool increase the AI will have to increase the transfer activity of clubs in inactive leagues to maintain overall balance as under the current system the additional players would start to gravitate to clubs in activate leagues, the problem with doing that is the required processing commitment & that goes back to the issue of people not having the hardware to support that level of processing.

The ones who don't have a good hadware can adapt the settings to their hardware. Like it has been until now. If you have a powerful pc, you enable 8 different Nations, if you don't have a good pc, you just load 1 or 2 nations, as well as other options like database size. CM/FM has this system since 15 years. A customized youth system generation would be a simple addition to that.

The example I made in my previous post is just a conception to understand how a new personalized regens system can works and that needs to be added to the game, but for the truth I'd make something deeper and more customizable (another example can be an option "minimun amount of regens for first/second/third etc. division clubs: 10/11/12 etc.")

I don't have any South American nations loaded, and my Bundesliga leading team is almost entirely South American newgens.

Brazillians, Chileans, Paraguayans, Peruvians, Venezuelans, one Argentine. In fact, Apart from a Greek, a Finn and an Egyptian they are all South American newgens.

and I have NONE of those nations loaded

In your system it doesn't matter what leagues you load because the clubs from inactive leagues will still have to be considerably more activate in the transfer market to maintain the correct player balance & of course there is the issue of 32bit software limitation, even with my PC ( I run all of Europe & the Americas on full detail processing) I cannot load every player from the database because eventually FM runs out of addressable RAM to store all the data, I tried it & the game crashed after 3 seasons.

One thing i have always wondered, is do teams really sign 10 or so kids every season? I know my club doesnt, we maybe take on board 4/5 kids if we have had a busy summer, but never anything like FM reflects.

One way of looking at it is, the Youth Candidates are essentially the Under 16 team of boys who are about to finish school (as per real life) and you have your pick of the best and offer them Youth or future Pro contracts and they'll then sign terms with your club.

The U16s who don't make it are free to join other clubs or vanish into obscurity, just like real life. I guess that's why the candidates number around 16; a full 11 team plus fringe players.

But you're correct, Everton only took 7 youth scholars this season from the U16s; the rest were free to start scholarships elsewhere.

I just had this problem too. I created a Nigerian League and have been simulating it as I create. On versions other than 13.3 the teams always received youth intakes, now only a couple of teams have received them and its only a few players.

I play FM in classic mode with only Spain loaded and in March there are no youth intakes at all. In the months before there was no problem but I now have only regens from mostly Brasil but none from the European countries that were supposed to generate regens in March.

So no more FM 2013 for me!

Archived