Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

Cheers for the advice, I've decided to focus on willpower alone and set myself some ground rules..

NO playing fm 2 days in a row

NO fm during the day when I should be doing some work

NO playing fm for more than 2 hours in the evening when I haven't got much to do and have given up on work for the day

And I frown upon myself when I think of fm during the day, ashamedly....

Hope it works!! haha

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

This is probably a really simple thing, but it really bugs me! I've searched here and google for answers but can't find any.

I've got 3 tactics set up, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and 4-1-4-1.

If I change tactics, the back 4 and keeper stay in position, but the strikers and midfield get jumbled up within the available positions. I then have to move them all around (annoying when in play) to their correct positions. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

This is probably a really simple thing, but it really bugs me! I've searched here and google for answers but can't find any.

If I change tactics, the back 4 and keeper stay in position, but the strikers and midfield get jumbled up within the available positions. I then have to move them all around (annoying when in play) to their correct positions. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks

I feel your pain, it's very annoying. They get jumbled up when you move them around. The simplest way is to create a basic 442 and place your players numbered 1-11 in the relevant slots (right click on the player so they are added in order). Now move the numbered shirts where you want them and they will be in order, then start again from the numbered 442 for the other formations. They might not stay in order on the motivation screen though as that seems a little more random, sometimes it works whereas other times they are rearranged by their 'height' on the formation screen.

Hi,

Thanks

Did you try to save the selection and then load it after you switch the tactics?

I'm having trouble locating the 'Compile loan availability' option the Assistant manager does, anyone tell me where this option is hidden as i can't find it anywhere :D

Thanks in advance

Go to the home screen of your own manager profile, or simply the inbox. There's an Assistant Advice button in the top right.

Did you try to save the selection and then load it after you switch the tactics?

I went through the Tactic Wizard for each tactic and saved the each tactic at the end of the wizard.

For example, I have 4-4-2 set as my default tactic, with the following numbered players in position:

GK: 1

RB: 14

RCB: 5

LCB: 32

LB: 15

RM: 7

RCM: 8

LCM: 27

LM: 23

RST: 25

LST: 21

If I change my tactic to 4-3-2-1, in theory one of the strikers should drop back into midfield, but I end up with a mess:

RCB: 32

LCB: 15

LB: 5

CM: 7

LCM: 25

RW: 27

ST: 23

LW: 21

I don't know if that makes any sense or not?

I went through the Tactic Wizard for each tactic and saved the each tactic at the end of the wizard.

For example, I have 4-4-2 set as my default tactic, with the following numbered players in position:

If I change my tactic to 4-3-2-1, in theory one of the strikers should drop back into midfield, but I end up with a mess:

Yes, they don't remember the players individual mentality so it's all jumble up.

LCM = RW, LM = ST and etc. So just change it accordingly to the mentality you want and save it again.

You could make one tactic and then for the next tactic use the previous one and change the positions manually to make the new formation. I think it will remember what position goes where but it's quite a bit of work. If it really bothers you that much you could give it a try.

You could make one tactic and then for the next tactic use the previous one and change the positions manually to make the new formation. I think it will remember what position goes where but it's quite a bit of work. If it really bothers you that much you could give it a try.

I thought that might be the case, but its quite a bit of work adding each tactic with the exact instructions I have already set :( I wasn't sure if I could move the positions (without players attached) to the correct ones, ie in my 4-3-2-1 swap the positions before adding the players? I guess its worth a try, too many times now I've forgotten to switch the full back out of centre of defence.

(hope i don't get the bum's rush for asking this question)

When buying a player who is already on loan at your club (set fee), does that player's stats etc. get reset on the day he signs?

Cheers

xxx

Do you mean "goals scored" "assists" etc? If so I'd think they won't reset but I don't have much experience signing a player who is on loan. You could save the game and try it right?

When you set 2 players to swap positions during the game, I assume this means they will change randomly over like 20 minute periods during the game?

Absolutely.

Not sure of the actual timing though, I would guess that it would vary but 10-20 mins sounds about right.

I have a possible stupid question about training. I have a 5'10" centre defender who has a jumping attribute of 7. All of his other defensive attributes are fine for the level I'm playing at. Is it pointless trying to get him to increase his Jumping attribute because of his height? Will it restrict how successful I am? I'm guessing yes but thought I'd ask in case anyone knows definitively.

I have a possible stupid question about training. I have a 5'10" centre defender who has a jumping attribute of 7. All of his other defensive attributes are fine for the level I'm playing at. Is it pointless trying to get him to increase his Jumping attribute because of his height? Will it restrict how successful I am? I'm guessing yes but thought I'd ask in case anyone knows definitively.

I think players height only has effect on the initial jumping stat at the start of the game (or regen date). After that every player would have similar success training it further. This would make sense in real life and to make it work differently in the game would make no sense but I'm not 100% sure.

Are the target man settings and crossing to target man option linked. For example, if i have crossing set to target man and i have "to feet" setting on my targetman will the wingers try to cross to the target mans feet or is the crossing to the target man in general. Also, I find the only way I can my wingers to dribble into the box to easily square the ball is to have crossing on rarely. However if I have crossing on rarely when in a brilliant position they turn back and pass it out wide again. However, if i have crossing on "sometimes" or "often" the winger crosses before running into the box. Its annoying because my striker is free and should be an easy chance but I cant work out my crossing settings to just pass it to my strikers feet. Also, what is happening at the moment looks quite stupid.

I have downloaed a tactic from the forum, where do i need to save it for it to appear in the game.

I have created a folder within "Football Manager 2012" as one did not originally exist, however i still can't get it working.

It has been saved in Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2012 > tactics ( i created the tactics folder myself)

I've been approached by my Captain and another key player to tell me they wish I would discipline the team more. How do you do this?? I tried to call a team meeting and lash out at them, but the game responded that I didn't have a sufficient reason to call a meeting. I have been assertive after poor showings in some matches. Where should I go from here?

I've been approached by my Captain and another key player to tell me they wish I would discipline the team more. How do you do this?? I tried to call a team meeting and lash out at them, but the game responded that I didn't have a sufficient reason to call a meeting. I have been assertive after poor showings in some matches. Where should I go from here?

Whenever any player gets a straight red, always fine him 2 weeks salary and if they get two yellow cards, give them a warning. I had the same issue on FM11 and since I started fining and warning players for cards, it stopped.

Hi can someone point me in the right direction or confirm that i can't check what im looking for?

When i look at the history of a player it only shows league stats, is there an option to check all stats from previous seasons?

Thanks.

This thread is for tactics and training only.

not sure if meant to be posted in here but if i make a tactic with tactic create and say put shouts in tenth mins in then convert it to classic does it save the shouts ???

No

where can i find an decent training schedule to download and use for my players (Aston Villa, first season if it makes a difference)

Just have a look through the threads or use the search.

I found 3 by quickly scanning through the thread titles. Have a read and pick which one you like the sound of.

• 1 month later...

Before anyone says anything I understand the problem the FM-Britain crew have had with SI a few years back, however the website/forum still have some activity I hope someone can assist with this which I actually posted in their forum;

I know this might be a bit late considering most people play the game with the Tactic Creator rather than the Classic/Slider method, however I do still use this method, when I take over a team I do use Genie Scout to find out the best formation I can create and then from here I will apply the TT&F Crib Sheet,

However it does appear this has been based on the 4-4-2 structure and if your best tactic falls outside of this I'm having trouble translating certain elements when I create my Tactic/s, my questions are;

• Regarding the "Player Roles" you talk about MCd and MCa (2x Midfielders) however what is the rule if you have 3x Central Midfielders (as in a 4-3-3), or 1x Defensive, 1x Central and 1x Attacking Midfielders (in which you have 2x Strikers)?
  • There is no talk of the DC at all in the "Player Roles" the same question regarding 3x Central Midfielders applies here but with 3x Central Defenders?
  • Another question relating to no information is the Wing Back position, how are these listed as a "Player Role" is this an advanced Full Back or a deep Wide Midfielder (ML/R) role?
  • The last question for the moment relates to the Sweeper position, I'm unsure if this question relates to the "Player Role" or with the "Managerial Type" if the recommended formation contains a sweeper (3-2-3-2: 1x Sweeper, 2x Central Defenders, 2x Wing Backs, 2x Central Midfielders, 1x Attacking Midfielder and 2x Strikers) how is a Sweeper listed in the "Mentality" setup?

As mentioned I know that most people have moved onto the TC method however, I do like to use the classic method this way I can customize certain positions to be something the TC won't list them as.

Link: http://forums.fm-britain.co.uk/topic/8514-ttf-framework-questions/page__pid__153016#entry153016

Regards

---

To vote and provide feedback on my general discussion topic to introduce Staff Roles and Duties into FM Series please click on my provided link to do so http://bit.ly/u8WoDS

I realize I am probably missing something painfully obvious, but for the life of me I can't find the Specific Man Marking option on either the Player Instructions page, or the OI page prematch. For example, to achieve getting my wingers to mark opposition fullbacks, it can't be as simple as just switching them from zonal to man marking, but I don't see a specific option anywhere. What am I missing?

I realize I am probably missing something painfully obvious, but for the life of me I can't find the Specific Man Marking option on either the Player Instructions page, or the OI page prematch. For example, to achieve getting my wingers to mark opposition fullbacks, it can't be as simple as just switching them from zonal to man marking, but I don't see a specific option anywhere. What am I missing?

When you are on the game preview screen click 'player instructions' tab, then go to your winger, click show instructions, then go to his marking, choose specific and choose the fullback or whatever player you want him to mark.

When you are on the game preview screen click 'player instructions' tab, then go to your winger, click show instructions, then go to his marking, choose specific and choose the fullback or whatever player you want him to mark.

Ah, thank you very much. I figured it was something done prematch, but I couldn't find it.

When I try to sign a scout I can only offer a certain amount in wages despite having a large wage budget remaining. Also, when approaching another scout the limit changes. It seems like the limit is based on their current wage, why do differet scouts have different wage limits? Surely I should be able to offer "Scout 1" the same wages as "Scout 2"

it also depends on the reputation of the staff you're signing. The board will offer more for more reputable staff.

I think that is a bit silly, any way around this. I literally cant sign any good scouts as my offer falls around £500 lower than they want?

I think that is a bit silly, any way around this. I literally cant sign any good scouts as my offer falls around £500 lower than they want?

I don't think it's silly, they are giving money, they expect quality in return. there won't be a way around this, but you could look for more promising scouts (high mental stats but not that good at JPA/JCA). they seem to progress really well after a few months, atl least in my save they are.