FM 11: Paulo Henrique A.K.A. ‘Ganso‘

Mooki3

Seems this is the year of the No. 10 (according to FM 11 at least!) Another fantastic young player...

Full name: Paulo Henrique Chagas de Lima

Date of birth: October 12, 1989 (age 21)

Place of birth: Ananindeua, Brazil

Height: 1.84 m (6 ft)

Playing position: Attacking Midfielder (No. 10)

phenrique.jpg

Club career

Ganso was brought to Tuna Luso after being discovered by former Brazil international Giovanni. At 15 he joined Paysandu, but he was snapped up by Santos in 2005.

In 2007, after an injury that sidelined him for six months, Ganso played in and won the final of the U-20 Campeonato Paulista.

He wore the number 10 jersey in Santos' campaign in the Copa São Paulo of 2008, where his team was eliminated in the quarter-finals by Sport Club Internacional.

He won the Campeonato Paulista 2010 with Santos on May 2 2010, defeating André Santos in the final.

In August 2010, it was reported that Ganso would have surgery on his injured left knee and will be out for six months.

International career

In 2009 he was called up to play for Brazil in the World Under-20 Championships.

In early 2010, the Brazilian media began calling for Brazilian national team coach Dunga to choose Paulo Henrique for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, primarily as a substitute for Kaká, because of their similar styles of play.

On May 11 2010, he was named as one of seven backup players for 23-men 2010 FIFA World Cup squad. On July 26 2010, he was called up by the new coach Mano Menezes to the "Seleção" for a friendly match against USA. On August 10 2010, in a friendly against the USA he made his senior debut, rattling a post with a 30-yard shot in the 78th minute.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice thread Mooki3. Great player irl from what I've heard and seen (albeit brief glimpses) so nice to see him so strong on the game. He was pretty good on FM10, looks slightly improved though after his great season.

Is he that slow in real life, just out of interest? 11 pace and acc seems a little low from what I'd have imagined, and the type of player he is.

Nice thread Mooki3. Great player irl from what I've heard and seen (albeit brief glimpses) so nice to see him so strong on the game. He was pretty good on FM10, looks slightly improved though after his great season.

Is he that slow in real life, just out of interest? 11 pace and acc seems a little low from what I'd have imagined, and the type of player he is.

I wouldn't worry about speed/pace. It's not even an issue IRL so much either. Not for the type of player he is anyway. :]

I am very tempted to do a very Brazilian team this year, with him, Guiliano from Internacional and Neymar.

Should be entertaining to say the least :)

In my Barca demo game, I have the Brazilian trio of Paulo Henrique, Neymar and Toloi providing cover for the usual superstars.

Another great midfielder from Santos is Alan Patrick. He is another "Menino da vila" and has a great future in FM with Ganso, Neymar and the Santos team.

Wait. Santos have a player called "Alan Patrick"?

Might actually consider a South American save this year. Have only ever tried it once before. Maybe go up against the might of Santos though...

Within a couple of years he should be a real class act, I may look at buying him in my Chelsea save once the full game is released.

I long for finding a young Brazilian as good as Lulinha was for me a couple of years ago!

How much can he be brought for?

Signed him with Liverpool, special player. Had never heard of him before the Brazil friendly where he debuted with Lucas and Ramires in midfield. Not the fancy tricks of Neymar but he plays his role like he's 28. From what I've seen in the demo I think he's going to be the biggest no-brainer signing for any big clubs.

He's a cracking player in real life, so made him my first signing for my Man Utd team. Finished the demo with an average rating of about 7.6, so he'll be my first signing when the full game comes out too.

Scored a brilliant chipped goal against Liverpool too, which always helps!

Signed him with Liverpool, special player. Had never heard of him before the Brazil friendly where he debuted with Lucas and Ramires in midfield. Not the fancy tricks of Neymar but he plays his role like he's 28. From what I've seen in the demo I think he's going to be the biggest no-brainer signing for any big clubs.

What is a 'no-brainer signing'?

Wait. Santos have a player called "Alan Patrick"?

Might actually consider a South American save this year. Have only ever tried it once before. Maybe go up against the might of Santos though...

Yup. That's he's first name. Full name "Alan Patrick Lourenço"

Brazilian league is the best league in FM.. i can guarantee you lots of fun if you do a south american save.

I was playing him at the tip of a diamond as advanced playmaker/attack. His rate of goals and assists wasn't spectacular for me but he did play to a good average rating and completely bossed some games.

He willl probably excel in all roles but his two-footedness is maybe wasted a little if you play him deeper than that. Also his good teamwork/workrate could go to waste as a trequartista. I'd probably stick to either advanced playmaker or attacking midfielder.

Quick little bit of interesting information.

It is about his PA, so in the spoiler tags it goes!

As far as I am aware, he has a fixed PA of 186. This makes him have the potential to become one of the best players on the game! He has better PA than other attacking options such as Neymar, Pjanic, Pastore.

Quick little bit of interesting information.

It is about his PA, so in the spoiler tags it goes!

As far as I am aware, he has a fixed PA of 186. This makes him have the potential to become one of the best players on the game! He has better PA than other attacking options such as Neymar, Pjanic, Pastore.

I doubt that. I think he'll have -10 PA. Which players like Neymar and Pastore may also possibly get.

How's that?

EDIT: Although he is 20 years old, that is probably too old to still be given a random PA.

Esmir Begovic has a random PA, and he is 23! Sometimes age isn't the deciding factor.

Yes, he has a fixed PA.

As like Neymar, he is already an established player and we have an idea of where they can/will probably get, so there is no need for a random PA for them.

Although he has poor physical stats, he's a must buy right from the start. With the right training and tutoring he could become a mental beast.

His physical attributes are not poor for me, he has no physical weakness as none of his attributes are below 16. Yes he does no excel in any facet, although 15 for both agility and natural fitness and 16 for stamina for a 20 year old is hardly bad and they will improve.

Young player with great mental stats, good technicial stats and acceptable physical stats. When the mental stats are high the player can be trusted to play 1st team and get high ratings. The physical stats will build up a bit.

Also, becareful at looking at a players PA as it misleading with "Either foot" players as a the stats dont grow as well

Archived