FM 11: Paulo Henrique A.K.A. ‘Ganso‘

Mooki3

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take it you dont have financial trouble because you sold your reserve players? I cant seem to do that, I sold a couple, but rest cant be sold, and majority of them are still loaned out (in middle of 2nd season). Really dire financial sitaution, despite me still winning games like a machine mostly.

Nope never have I sold a few reserve players but not for much in the first season you can get rid of Ze Eduordo for about £7.5m after a season top clubs come a knocking, i just didnt buy anyone in my first season on loans, in the u20s there are plenty of good yougsters to bring up

I havent bought anyone either, I just loan alot. First season loans were Pandiani, Fano, Elton, Ze Eduardo (a DM one, all in all two strikers two midfielders). Second season Coutinho, Lamela and Brandao.

I want to sell reserve players, but no one is buying, except one. I loaned out Rafael and Alan Patrick for decent sums (dont play on selling them) to ease things. But reason I want to sell is not to get more money for transfers (only bought few youngsters, 120K highest signing), but my salary budget is BLEAK! I cant even offer youth players contracts, because my payroll is 400K and my team is on 400K. Nothing to spare. Need to sell to free up, but its looking impossible. Only offers I get are good first team players I dont want to get rid of.

Btw, I just started using the tactic you used, its god sent, not only because its dominating (I'm in State championship, I dominate that anyways), but because my 4-2-3-1 formation with wingers were annoying me, because I barely have any wingers! But now this great tactic who rely solely on AMCs, its perfect fit.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just signed him for £27.5m at the start of the 4th season for my Man Utd team, he went to Shakhtar at the start of the second season for £15m. Decided to splash the cash as I've heard so much good stuff about him, I've always signed Pastore and he has been sensational, so he will have to do a lot to match him.

I need some advice on how to play Ganso, so far this season, he has played 36 games, scoring 6 goals and getting 8 assists, that isn't good enough IMO.

I play him as and advanced playmaker - attack in the AMC position with an AMR, AML and one ST. Any tips on how to get him to perform?

I need some advice on how to play Ganso, so far this season, he has played 36 games, scoring 6 goals and getting 8 assists, that isn't good enough IMO.

I play him as and advanced playmaker - attack in the AMC position with an AMR, AML and one ST. Any tips on how to get him to perform?

Try him as an Trequraista (Spell FAIL), with long shots reduced to rarely. He's a monster when you play him right.

Set him as an attacking playmaker and go on his advanced settings. He's suited to play AMC but he's got so many other good attributes he's wasted too high up the pitch. Set him to run with ball from deep and he'll skin people all day. Full creative freedom and attack settings. Come short for throw ins. The best way to get him playing his best is to just get him on the ball as much as possible. I signed him for Parma and he was poor. I left and he was still poor. I signed him a couple of seasons later for Everton after Parma had starting benching him and gave him the previously mentioned settings. He's averaged 7.71 this season. He's not scored too many but he's racked up 24 assists!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought him in my 3rd season as Everton manager for 27million, pretty much all my transfer budget. He played 20 games and was settling in. Then in the next transfer window Madrid came in with a 40million pound offer and the chairman (who has now gone to Arsenal) accepted it over my head. Bought in Willian who seems a much better fit in the AMR role.

Signed him at start of second season for blackpool (£25mill over 48 months) and he was a beast for me for 2 seasons. I play Il Devasto tactic and retrained him to AML and he bacame natural at that position. Absolutely class. goals and assists galore. Ave rating 7.63 first season and second 7.86. At end of 3rd season Man Utd offered me the job after fergie retired. First job was to sign ganso. Trouble is, His Agent wanted £5 mill but I could only offer £3.5 mill, which the agent finally accepted. However, Ganso opted to join Athletico Madrid. Guess they gave the agent what he wanted. BLOODY AGENTS :mad:

Btw, whoever said Brasilian league is fun/great, it is! Its my first save for FM11 (and been a long while since I played a FM game), immediately chose it, because I knew how fun it was back in FM09, man is it a ridicolous league! And Santos are just riddled with talented youngsters.

It's so bloody long. I'm currently in a period of 10 days where I have 5 matches on. It's so hard to keep the team fit especially with my tactics and no decent fullbacks apart from Leo and Para but really, there's no quality in 90% of the teams in the Sao Paulo State Championship.

I've had him since season 1 with Newcastle (paid 28m over 4 years) and he's a club icon now. Played him as an advanced playmaker from the mc position for the first few years, but he was incredible playing amc trequartista role in season 4. Averaged over 7.5. I've turned his long shots to rarely and run with the ball and run from deep to always.

Hrs on £155k a week and worth £29.5m. Basically everyone wants him but I'm a favoured person of his and Newcastle is a favoured club, he's club captain and has no maximum release fee (I boosted his wages to get rid of it, £60m was too low with Chelsea and citeh around) so I'm reasonably confident of holding on to him long into the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived