FM 11: Paulo Henrique A.K.A. ‘Ganso‘

Mooki3

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How am I supposed to bring the best out of him? Using him as adv. playmaker in a 4-1-3-2 formation, but he's not playing that well. Too much short simple passes, to players out wide. Lots of creative freedom and mixed passing. Another thing I've noticed. He does not get the ball nearly as much as I would expect from a playmaker. Help needed.

He is terrible for me with Barca. Tried all sorts of roles and duties etc either behind the front two or as an attacking minded CM/playmaker. Only games he has played well in the first 6 months with the club have been against cannon fodder teams in the cup and anorthsi in the CL. Nothing on Pastore. Averaging 6.75 in the league from 13 games, no goals or assists.

If he's one footed then surely he'll be a lot worse, I haven't actually seen how his attributes have changed though. But two footedness makes a huge deal

He is rated at 20 left 15 right so its not like his weaker foot is weak as such. It will probably mean that his visible attributes will end up higher than before the change, so he will likely be even better with his left peg and slightly weaker with his right.

Who should I sign for the MC role,advanced playmaker, attack him or Pastore?

I'd go for Pastore he's better for me. I have both though and together they work beautifully.

I have ganso as a cm advanced playmaker attack and he's been amazing and if Pastore needs a rest or is injured I play him as a trequartista and he's absolute class.

Ganso is also an amazing striker if you retrain him. Pastore was offered and I couldnt say no, so I decided to retrain Ganso and he was unbelievable in the support role.

Just bought him for £15m, £50k per week at Everton with the intention of using him exactly like this, replacing Cahill.

Every stat he has suggests he should be absolutely unbelievable.

Here is Henrique aged 26 in my West Ham team.

I went for a different training schedule for him than Batigol did because I retrained him to AML (He is natural there now) and I play him as an inside forward, he also has the "Cuts inside" PPM.

I do not play with a AMC, nor a playmaker as it does not suit the tactics I like to play.

Im not sure what his best position/duty is but it's probably not as an inside forward. But what my screenie shows is that it is possible to train him to fit your tactics and he will play very well.

Henrique has just returned from a 4 month injury in this shot, broken ankle, and his strength went down 1 and his stamina 2.

His PA was fully maxed until his injury but now it has dropped a littl, a few games and he will soon get his strength/stamina back.

You can see he has decent pace/aceleration and his dribbling stat for the season is very high at 3.75, which is how he creates his assists from inside forward.

He has also been fouled 72 times in 37 apps because the AI tactics are to mark him tightly and go in hard on him. He wins me a lot of penalties ;)

He is very consistent from game to game.

He developed to this standard in roughly 2 seasons for me.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9214/henrique26.jpg

Can't get my print screen to work but on my man united save I bought him for 16mil in the first season, occasionally played him if scholes or carrick was tired then he took over the reigns in the second second in spectacular style, winning the fans player of the year and top of the assists chart. Did well in his third season and at the start of the fourth was valued at £32million pounds, just a few million short of "the big two" and easily the next best player in the game, got injured for 5 weeks and dropped to £29million, and has been performing averagely since he's been back (though he's only played 5 games so far). Expect his form will return soon.

Regarding training I just stuck on him on a schedule I made for all AMC's, never bothered tutoring him.

some of his best stats:

Creativity - 20

Technique - 20

Passing - 19

Flair - 18

First touch - 18

Crossing - 17

Agility - 17

Stamina - 17

Off the ball - 17

Long shots - 15

Dribbling - 15

From the above screen shot clearly he can get even better, who knows but he may even out value ronaldo and messi one day?

Alright chaps, I have Ganso in my Liverpool squad played in the AMC position, as a attacking midfielder with the attack duty, but he doesnt seem to playing consistently good. Sometimes he will play amazing then play just average/poor. Any tips?

Advanced Playmaker (Attack) seems to be his best role. He does sometimes drift by in games, but I think that's due to the opposition marking him out. I notice that when Ganso is just average, my wingers are above average, probably due to the increased space they have.

[video=youtube;m4I7zslWu4I]

GANSOOOOO! xD

Ganso has gone completely cold in my current save. After a cracking season I cant get him to play very well in either the MC or AMC position as an advanced playmaker attack or occasionally treq. I think he is being marked out of the game by the AI and I cant find a way around it. Any ideas on how to counter this?

• 2 months later...

I'm suffering from the same problem in the second season... he don't score goals, don't do assist, and have low ratings...

Is stats are absolutly great!! world class player... i'm playing him in MC, but i have tried in MAC and still the same :/ maybe my tactic is not the best for him...

ganso.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ganso has gone completely cold in my current save. After a cracking season I cant get him to play very well in either the MC or AMC position as an advanced playmaker attack or occasionally treq. I think he is being marked out of the game by the AI and I cant find a way around it. Any ideas on how to counter this?

Try getting him to swap positions with another, maybe deeper lying player at times during the game. I find playing him behind 2 strikers works well.

Am I the only one that plays him as LM in a 442 hah. He didn't do well for me as the CM (advanced playermaker) in the 442, or as the central AMC in a 4-2-3-1, so I retrained him and used him as a regular left winger - does pretty well there.

I'm also having some problems with him. From his attributes he looks great, but somehow doesn't perform that great. I'm currently playing him as an advanced playmaker with attack duty, behind Pato (poacher) and Giuseppe Rossi (trequartista or complete forward). I'm using a 4-3-1-2 with AC Milan. In his first season at the club he did wonders with Pato, in the second season somehow disappeared. Some help would be deeply appreciated.

I am managing him with both Arsenal and Brazil and can't get him to play well for either team in either MC or AMC (Arsenal formation 4-1-2-2-1, Brazil formation 2-3-1-3-1). He averages about 6.8, gets few assists, always shoots off target and is generally quite unndynamic and unmotivated. He hasn't learned even basic English in a year and a half but that shouldn't affect him with Brazil, should it? He has amazing stats but never does anything whether as playmaker, trequartista or straight MC/AMC.

I'm going to sell him I think and get Pastore, and have Ramsey as back-up to Fabregas at MC (I play Song alongside the more creative MC).

why cant i find Ganso

look for paulo henrique, ganso not his name in the game.

i got the same thing as above with him in 11.2, amazing stats, rubbish goals and assist ratio and an average rating under 7, despite playing him as mc, amc and aml after a while. never got pastore yet, but im man utd so that money gotta go elsewhere to break even!

Purchased him in January 2011 in my Spurs save for £25M, on a £56k/week contract.

Thus far in 4 league matches he's notched 3 assists & a 6.79 rating. I'm not real blown away yet, as I feel conflicted about how to utilize him in my 4-2-3-1 tactic. So far I've been playing him as an Advanced Playmaker behind a lone striker, but he's disappeared from some games. Right now he is my main backup to RVD as my #10 player, and will get starts in cup matches & against weaker EPL sides.

He was a failure for me when I signed him for Sunderland in 3rd season...spent 25m... fined him a buncha times still didnt perform even tho both workrate and determination went up so dropped him he got ****ed so i sold him to man u and i at least got the 25m back...

Sad part he went on to win the PL with Man U. And Barce came knocking and paid 48m for him. Ever since he has been at Barce he has been doing rather well. He also sucked for Man U getting 5 goals and 5 assists in 50 games over 2 seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought him in my Liverpool game for close to 30 million....I hope hes worth it! How would you reccomend I play him? Eden Hazard played a lot of my games last season at AMC, another top player! He was played as an inside forward and did pretty well. Would Ganso be good as an inside forward?.....or more of an attacking midfielder? My formation is 4-2-3-1 with two inside forwards on the wing.

Also, would he do well as my teams playmaker in such an advanced part of the pitch?.....or would I be better leaving it to Gerrard who plays CM with the advanced playmaker support role.

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought him in my Liverpool game for close to 30 million....I hope hes worth it! How would you reccomend I play him? Eden Hazard played a lot of my games last season at AMC, another top player! He was played as an inside forward and did pretty well. Would Ganso be good as an inside forward?.....or more of an attacking midfielder? My formation is 4-2-3-1 with two inside forwards on the wing.

Also, would he do well as my teams playmaker in such an advanced part of the pitch?.....or would I be better leaving it to Gerrard who plays CM with the advanced playmaker support role.

I think he's better in a deeper lying position.

signed him in my newcastle game for 15 mil + future payments in 2010-11, he's been decent.

2010-11: 16 appearances, 2 goals 1 assist avg rating 6.84

2011-12: 37/5/10/6.97

2012-13: 32/2/7/6.88

2013-14: 3/1/0/7.13

i retrained him as a striker after chucho went down with an 8 month ankle injury, but since i was able to sign sturridge and paloschi on frees to compliment gamiero, i'll be moving him back to amc/advanced playmaker now he's basically fully developed as a 23 year old. i use moussa in a cm position, and have alexis sanchez and eden hazard as wingers, so it may be difficult for ganso to get good ratings in such a great team.

Ive been playing as Santos for the last 2 seasons into my 3rd, and 'Ganso' as been my star player, sure my striker Maikon Leite scored in all competitions 66 goals in 64 games, and the whole team dominating, 'Ganso' as been my undroppable player(bar when i rest him for the bigger games), and has continued to grow, god thing is he has a italian passport, cause as soon as i get a new job he will be my first signing

Ive been playing as Santos for the last 2 seasons into my 3rd, and 'Ganso' as been my star player, sure my striker Maikon Leite scored in all competitions 66 goals in 64 games, and the whole team dominating, 'Ganso' as been my undroppable player(bar when i rest him for the bigger games), and has continued to grow, god thing is he has a italian passport, cause as soon as i get a new job he will be my first signing

Hey, I'm playing with Santos too, won the league in first season, on my second. How did you get Ganso to play well? I played first a 4-1-2-1-2 (or 4-2-2-2) for half of first season everyone but Neymar were so-so, then changed to 4-2-3-1, huge lift for the team (won the league due to this change), many performed better (especially Edu Dracena hehe), except for Ganso, who continued to be so-so. Dont get it, tried everything possible. Btw, did you get financial troubles in beginning of 2nd season? I have, it seems dire hehe, not sure how to survive it hehe.

Btw, I never touched the training part yet, but seeing the results of those who have in the thread, I'm intrigued! So I should make different schedules for AMs and so on? Any recommended settings for diff positions?

Btw, whoever said Brasilian league is fun/great, it is! Its my first save for FM11 (and been a long while since I played a FM game), immediately chose it, because I knew how fun it was back in FM09, man is it a ridicolous league! And Santos are just riddled with talented youngsters.

Hey, I'm playing with Santos too, won the league in first season, on my second. How did you get Ganso to play well? I played first a 4-1-2-1-2 (or 4-2-2-2) for half of first season everyone but Neymar were so-so, then changed to 4-2-3-1, huge lift for the team (won the league due to this change), many performed better (especially Edu Dracena hehe), except for Ganso, who continued to be so-so. Dont get it, tried everything possible. Btw, did you get financial troubles in beginning of 2nd season? I have, it seems dire hehe, not sure how to survive it hehe.

Btw, I never touched the training part yet, but seeing the results of those who have in the thread, I'm intrigued! So I should make different schedules for AMs and so on? Any recommended settings for diff positions?

Btw, whoever said Brasilian league is fun/great, it is! Its my first save for FM11 (and been a long while since I played a FM game), immediately chose it, because I knew how fun it was back in FM09, man is it a ridicolous league! And Santos are just riddled with talented youngsters.

I used this tactic: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/243288-FM11-Special-OneTop-2.0-Classic

I played Ganso as an attacking midfielder mainly in the middle of the 3, i just used the current training schedule that was there, but focussed mainly on the fitness side, with games coming thick and fast. No finacial troubles for me, in fact there continued to increase my transfer budget every season, as i say with Ganso ive won every competition santos were in for the last few times

I take it you dont have financial trouble because you sold your reserve players? I cant seem to do that, I sold a couple, but rest cant be sold, and majority of them are still loaned out (in middle of 2nd season). Really dire financial sitaution, despite me still winning games like a machine mostly.

Archived