FM11: The Official Free Agents Thread

J.W.

good free players are few and far between, so this should save scrolling through hundreds of players. Please post players that have expired contracts at the start of the game

Name:

Postion:

Nationality:

Work permit needed:

Level of team:

Use it.

Name: Jay DeMerit

Postion: CB

Nationality: American

Work permit needed: No

Level of team: Championship/Premiership

Name: Darius Vassell

Postion: ST

Nationality: English

Name: Bernard Mendy

Postion: WBR/MR/AMR

Nationality: French

Level of team: Premiership

Name: Michael Ball

Postion: DL/WBL

Name: Sylvinho

Postion: DL/WBL

Nationality: Brazillian

Work permit needed: Yes

Name: Robert Pires

Postion: AMRLC

Jay DeMerit and Darius Vassell have both been good signings for me in the championship. Not so impressed by Jeremie Aliadiere and already thinking of selling him. 1 man has caught my eye so far though and wondering why i didnt sign him.

Name: Febian Brandy

Postion:Striker

Level of team: Championship

scored 12 goals for scunthorpe by new year on my leicester save. im sure he would score for anyone in the right role.

Jay DeMerit and Darius Vassell have both been good signings for me in the championship. Not so impressed by Jeremie Aliadiere and already thinking of selling him. 1 man has caught my eye so far though and wondering why i didnt sign him.

Postion:Striker

scored 12 goals for scunthorpe by new year on my leicester save. im sure he would score for anyone in the right role.

Damn! I wish Id signed him for my Scunthope game now. I signed Finnan, Ball, Franco, Styvar, Basturk, McCann and Shittu. Shittu is the only player that hasnt had at least a 4 week injury so far. All the others are good but Franco in particular can only get through half a game before being stretched off and out for 2/3 weeks. Ball, I should have know not to sign such an injury prone waste of wage budget. Basturk seems very overated.

I dont know whether its just the same as last year where FM seem to have completely under estimated Scunthorpe. They are a good team. Woolford seems to have been completely over looked. I think Im goning to have to Start out my proper FM with Worcester City again. I loved playing as them on the last one.

Has anyone identified any good free signings for Blue Square teams?

Let's see if I can get my post removed...

I tried to list the most notable free agents when starting FM11.

I've used the England quickstart from the demo, so with the help of your posts here I will be adding more to the list.

The list includes players such as Dida, Danny Shittu, Steve Finnan, Michael Ball, Robert Pires, Jeremie Aliadiere and Guillermo Franco.

Full list here - http://tinyurl.com/fm11free

It's a written list of the most notable free agents I could find, and will be constantly updated. I like the format you guys are using here, so might actually adapt it for my next update.

And regarding the download link of the whole free agents shortlist... try right clicking on the download link and selecting 'save link as'. I'm using a direct shortlist file (not zipped), that's why some browsers might try to open it instead of asking you to download it.

And what's wrong in 'advertising' a free piece of content, nobody has to register to see / download it? If you had a site and you wanted to spread the word about a certain page, how would you do it here?

@BrightLad.

Name: Michael Standing

Postion:CM/RM

Approx. Wages: £150 to £300 on a full time deal

Level of team: BSN/BSS, BSP and low end of NPL2.

Thanks, Im going to start up a fresh demo game and look through the players.

I found a few and I'll get their details up soon

Name: Rob Sissons

Postion: MC

Level of team: Signed for Worcester City (leading star for most league 2)

Name: Joshua Vermooten

Postion: DC

Nationality: South African

Level of team: Leading star for most BSN/BSS team

Name: Ben Hoskins

Postion: 19

Level of team: Leading star for most BSN/BSS

Name: Aaron King

Postion: MC

Level of team: Good for most BSN/BSS (potential to be leading L2 player) - got a 7.32 average for my Worcester side in the first half of the season in 15 apps

Name: Tin Hopkinson

Level of team: leading player for most L2 teams

Name: Paris Cowan-Hall

Level of team: Leading player for L2

He actually has signed for Scunthorpe in real life so dont know if he will be a free agent when the game is released

All of these players signed for Worcester City, most for about £200-£400 a week. Cowan-Hall cost a bit more but he is amazing, as is Hopkinson up front.

Name: Wesley Ngo Baheng

Postion: STR

Approx. Wages: £500- £1500 ish

Level of team: Will probably sign for league 2 upwards. Can play for a Championship side eventually according to coaches of most teams.

Yeah i saw him and tried to sign him for BSN Worcester... needless to say he wasnt having any of it lol

This year there seems to be loads of players who, if you can get to negotiate will join lower league teams. So it's all about taking your time.

True, which is what makes the agent feature brilliant for lower league lovers like me! But with that fella, it was red and everything was greayed out on the offer contract page. He had no intention of coming anywhere near Worcester haha

STOLE MY THREAD FROM LAST YEAR, could have made it a lot better as well :@ :mad:

Noob beat me to it :(

Now, now bluebird.

Calm down

Name: King Gyan

Postion: CDM/CM

Approx. Wages: Around £1000

Nationality: Ghanaian

Work permit needed: Yes (I think anyway, has spent alot of time in England with Fulham and alot of time in Belgium, just needs to reside there so not too sure tbh)

Level of team: League 1 sort of level.

Name: Enzo Maresca

Postion: MC/DM

Nationality: Italian

Name: Dida

Postion: GK

Nationality: Brazilian

Name: Max Tonetto

Postion: D/WB/ML

Name: Julio Cruz

Nationality: Argentina

Name: Osumane Dabo

Postion: DM/MC

Name: Fabian Carini

Nationality: Uruguaian

Name: Jorge Andrade

Postion: SW,DC

Nationality: Portuguese

Name: Cristian Zenoni

Postion: D/WB/MR

Name: Marco Babic

Postion: WB/M/AML

Nationality: Croatian

Name: Diego Tristan

Nationality: Spain

Name: Jose Juan Luque

Postion: AML

Nationality: Spain

Name: Andy van der Meyde

Postion: AMR

Nationality: Holland

Name: Guillermo Franco

Nationality: Mexican

Name: Fawzi Chaouchi

Nationality: Algerian

Name: Abou Coulibaly

Name: Sylvain Wiltord

Has anyone identified any good free signings for Blue Square teams?

Name: Mark Bridge-Wilkinson

WP needed : He's a pom

Level of team : BSP/L2

Technique, flair and creativity for the BSP, and great free kicks/corners

Also have a look at Brian Gimour, Silvio Spann and Aaron Moses-Garvey.

Screenshot2010-11-02at25855PM.png

Can't believe no one has mentioned Gai Assulin (AMC/R/L), the lad who was released from Barcelona and constantly linked with Man City. He is available on a free in the demo. Also Vadim Demidov (CB) has a "Leaving on a free" icon next to his name but the start date is way back in Jan 2010 so i'm unsure as to wheather it will show on english start when the full game is out.

Edit: Also i heard that Michael Rensing (GK) is available as in real life he's just started a trial with Leicester City.

Name: Jose goncalves

Postion: Defender. CB,LB

Nationality: Portuguese

Level of team: I signed him for braga.

This guy's a fantastic signing IMO, especially because he's willing to sign for a Championship side. In the second division of any nation he should be one of the better defenders around.

ruEVo.jpg

Also i heard that Michael Rensing (GK) is available as in real life he's just started a trial with Leicester City.

Yeah, he is. Pretty solid keeper too, albeit one who's never going to be more than backup for a top team. Would probably be great for a second division side, but he's not interested in the Championship at least.

eUp3J.jpg

Name: Olivier Kapo

Position: attacking midfield, prefers right hand side

Nationality: french

Work Permit: no

Level Of Team: signed him for southampton and hes ripping the division apart. easily a championship or maybe even bottom half premier league player

Name: José Gonçalves

Postion: DC / DL

Nationality: Portugese

-> Got him for Millwall, better than Shittu. 190cm, jumping 15. Value jumped to £1.7M after signing.

Level of team: L1 (been ok on my Champ side M'wall though. Pace & Acc both 17)

Name: Olivier Kapo

Position: attacking midfield, prefers right hand side

Nationality: french

Work Permit: no

Level Of Team: signed him for southampton and hes ripping the division apart. easily a championship or maybe even bottom half premier league player

Just signed for Celtic in real life.

This guy's a fantastic signing IMO, especially because he's willing to sign for a Championship side. In the second division of any nation he should be one of the better defenders around.

ruEVo.jpg

Yeah, he is. Pretty solid keeper too, albeit one who's never going to be more than backup for a top team. Would probably be great for a second division side, but he's not interested in the Championship at least.

eUp3J.jpg

That Goncalves looks awesome. And in the screenshot he's at Leeds (always play FM with Leeds) so thats a bonus. Rensing does look good, my Leicester supporting brother will probably sign him.

Name: Benedict Akwuegbu

Nationality: Nigerian (30 caps/8 goals)

Work permit needed: No (Austrian second nat)

Level of team: L2

I signed him as Forest Green who are one of the bottom BSP sides, so I'm guessing he'd go to any side at that level. Not sure about BSN/S, but he seems easily good enough for L2 and could probably do a job as a sub in L1. Scored a hat-trick on debut as a supporting complete forward, have only played one league game thus far.

Name: Omar Koroma

Position: ST

Nationality: Gambian

Work Permit Needed: No - Has English as 2nd Nationality

Level Of Team: Dunno - I signed him as a backup/potential player for my Newcastle team (on £4k p/w), Beardsley rates him as being a potentially good player, decent stats and is worth £1.8m after signing from trial period.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Gai Assulin (AMC/R/L), the lad who was released from Barcelona and constantly linked with Man City. He is available on a free in the demo.

Got him for free on the full version with Aberdeen. Initially, he wanted £12k/week (about four times my budget level) but i persuaded him to come on trial. Once he'd been here a couple of weeks i got him to sign for £3k/week instead.

Not an immediate first-choice pick but give him a couple of years development and he certainly would be.

Archived